GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search Resumes For Body Of Logan Co. Woman
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...tory-chattanooga-search-russells.html?sid=102

Officers and recruits with the Chattanooga Police Department began looking for Gladdis Russell late Wednesday morning.

Authorities said on Tuesday that the search is centered on a 30-40-mile area near Chattanooga, in the counties of Bradley, Tenn. and Catoosa, Ga. Police dogs and a helicopter will be used in the operation, 10TV's Kevin Landers reported.

ETA: video from last night's 11 p.m. newcast is interesting (4+ minutes long). At end, it shows the Russell's dog Suzie. Their nephew said Suzie is missing them :(

I'm thinking that SL was on the run, had been driving a long distance, little or no sleep. I'm thinking he was probably tired, rushed, paranoid and maybe even a little delusional. To the point where when he saw something from a distance, he might get confused at what he was actually seeing.

OK, the quarry looks like it might glow in the moonlight. Would he have driven through a low income area to get there?

I think the quarry would be good to tip, but with the understanding that it probably wasn't in the quarry itself, but maybe at the edge or somewhere it could be seen from a distance. If he had seen it close up he would have realized it wasn't a cotton field.

Who wants to call it in?

Probably should be called into both the tipline 866-693-9171 and the Hamilton Co Sheriff's Dept admin 423-209-7000. Or could call Chattanooga Police Dept. (423) 643-5000.

Ok it has been tipped to the tipline and Chattanooga police. The sheriff's dept says it is in Chattanooga police jurisdiction.

Authorities confirm dead body found in Tennessee is Richard Russell
http://www.examiner.org/index.php?o...richard-russell&catid=34:local-news&Itemid=55 (Bellefontaine)

Local authorities now suspect the defendant walked from Township Road 33 where he left a pickup truck to the Russell’s County Road 91 home Feb. 16, killed them there and concealed their bodies in the trunk of their car before fleeing the area.

Logan County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Eric Stewart said documentation for a governor’s warrant has been sent to Gov. John Kasich and his office has assured him it will be given high priority.

Mr. Stewart also said Ohio Assistant Attorney General Paul Scarsella will work with Mr. Stewart to prepare the complex cases for prosecution.

This hints at a death penalty case?

Authorities confirm dead body found in Tennessee is Richard Russell
http://www.examiner.org/index.php?o...richard-russell&catid=34:local-news&Itemid=55 (Bellefontaine)

Local authorities now suspect the defendant walked from Township Road 33 where he left a pickup truck to the Russell’s County Road 91 home Feb. 16, killed them there and concealed their bodies in the trunk of their car before fleeing the area.

Logan County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Eric Stewart said documentation for a governor’s warrant has been sent to Gov. John Kasich and his office has assured him it will be given high priority.

Mr. Stewart also said Ohio Assistant Attorney General Paul Scarsella will work with Mr. Stewart to prepare the complex cases for prosecution.

This hints at a death penalty case?

It is a complex case with multi jurisdictional areas which would probably require assistance from the state anyway. But yeah, it is more likely to be a death penalty case with their direct involvement.

Praying for you Gladis to be found so you may rest with Richard.

What a ! Why couldn't he have just let them be. I am so angry!

You know, at first I was hoping they were in Ohio somewhere, because of the temperatures (preservation).

Then the rain came Sunday night/Monday morning, I'm glad they weren't. With all the flooding in Ohio, including in Logan County, what an added horror to add to the mix.

My gut is telling me they will find her soon. She is in Chattanooga somewhere, and LE there will be able to make sense of his jumbled descriptions. Hopefully today.

Littleton told police he remembers exiting off I-75, "traveling for a period of time on a paved road, then turning on a side road made of sand where he placed the body of Gladi Russell in what he described as a 'white, blowing cotton field.'"

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_195688.asp

Every description I see is a little different. This one makes it really sound like cotton. Maybe near a cotton mill?

There was a brief pursuit by authorities in Valdosta, Ga., after Littleton was seen driving with no headlights. The officer was off by a letter or digit on the license plate of the car, so it did not return a hit from the National Crime Information Center database, Carroll said.

Ralph Colbough, 53, of Chattanooga, found Richard Russell’s body lying face down with a black-and-red plaid shirt partially covering his head. Colbough and his partner were searching for scrap metal Saturday when they found Russell’s remains.

“He was rolled over on his side. ... I thought it was a mannequin myself,” Colbough said. “He was pale white. Thought it was plastic. So I touched him and seen it was for real.

“We saw his head was smashed in like somebody had thrown him out there.”

Authorities said the head wound was sustained to the body after death.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/mar/02/body-end-long-trail/?breakingnews

Hopefully they find Gladis today.

Littleton told police he remembers exiting off I-75, "traveling for a period of time on a paved road, then turning on a side road made of sand where he placed the body of Gladi Russell in what he described as a 'white, blowing cotton field.'"

Every description I see is a little different. This one makes it really sound like cotton. Maybe near a cotton mill?

I searched for cotton mills in the Chattanooga, Tennessee, area, and while there are quite a few, most of them are just branch offices or retail stores, with no cotton fields attached (Propex is one, for example, on Industry Drive). But once again even if there WERE cotton fields attached to those sites, as we've heard again and again it's not the season for growing cotton, so the fields would not be white or glowing or both. Littleton is just so useless. He can't even say where he left someone he killed? Two people? How difficult is that to remember.

P.S. Thank you so much for getting in touch with LE regarding the quarries. I hope that information will help in some way. And thanks for any blessings sent my way. I wholeheartedly accept (and need!) all blessings! :)

P.S.S. I am just about to write to Martin Marietta Materials on Pelican Dr. just to give them a heads-up to be on the alert.

It was "white GLOWING cotton field" before... that easily could be someone hearing it wrong, they are so close.

On page 5 or 6 here, that quote is talked about... as well as the fact that he says he drove up the hill made of sand.

I do not think there is anyway he drove up a road made of sand. A DIRT road, sure.

A SAND road, like a beach or a runaway truck ramp? There is no way, he would have gotten stuck. He was in a car, not a truck. Not something equipped to handle it.

I would think the last thing you'd want to do with a body in the trunk, would be to drive up a road you'd be likely to get stuck on. It HAS happened... and in that case the tow truck driver is what sunk the perp.

There was a brief pursuit by authorities in Valdosta, Ga., after Littleton was seen driving with no headlights. The officer was off by a letter or digit on the license plate of the car, so it did not return a hit from the National Crime Information Center database, Carroll said.

Ralph Colbough, 53, of Chattanooga, found Richard Russell’s body lying face down with a black-and-red plaid shirt partially covering his head. Colbough and his partner were searching for scrap metal Saturday when they found Russell’s remains.

“He was rolled over on his side. ... I thought it was a mannequin myself,” Colbough said. “He was pale white. Thought it was plastic. So I touched him and seen it was for real.

“We saw his head was smashed in like somebody had thrown him out there.”

Authorities said the head wound was sustained to the body after death.

Hopefully they find Gladis today.

Every time I think it can't get any worse, IT DOES!!! OMG I feel so bad for them.

Some interesting new info in this article:

snip....“If they notice any unusual activity of buzzards in a certain area, they should call because that’s one of the clues of death,” Carroll said.

This is the first time I have ever seen this in print. And it was mentioned here days earlier.

Yes, I am the one who mentioned it mysteriew.

I have several friends and family members who are LE and they have always told me when they are searching an area that is one of the first things they look for.

However the thought saddens me greatly. Buzzards are scavengers and they quickly can leave the body skeletonized.

And the very warm weather we have been having is not helping anything either.

Sorry for being so graphic.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB