GUILTY OH - Sarah Widmer, 24, drowned in bathtub, Hamilton Township, 11 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sure you guys may have seen the tub, but it was no ordinary tub. She could have been face down or whatever. I'm wonder if he was even in there with her, massaging her neck...

5407917419_827d9f33d5_o.jpg

(Regarding the photo, it says "License All rights reserved by masonbuzzflikr")

I am kind of surprised he was convicted again, I don't know what to think about Sarah's death. The circumstances about her sleeping disorder were just so strange, but then he could have used that fact against her. But what was the motive? I know they don't have to prove one, but was one given?

Some of the comments made by jurors in this last trial are troubling, to say the least.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...tions-?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

They did hold it against him that he did not testify and one also said that his lawyers did not prove him innocent. That is very worrisome to me.

I am seriously concerned about trials by jury these days. So many people, it seems, either have no real understanding of basic civics concepts or don't care. The first time I was on a jury one of the men admitted that he knew the people involved but didn't want to mention it because he thought he could "help" the rest of the jury figure out what really happened. :banghead:

I was also on a jury one time where a woman was suing her divorce lawyer. Even though the woman was a few fries short of a Happy Meal and had NO case, one of the jury members really wanted to find for her b/c he hates lawyers.

And a prosecutor once told me that it didn't matter that we found the defendant not guilty, because he was wanted in AL for murder and that case was "much more important." Um, then why did you waste the last 4 days of my life???

It makes me very nervous.

Is there a documented (and verified) relationship between Ryan and the stripper?

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...tions-?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

"Yet one juror, quoted by WKRC-TV, Channel 12, said, “It’s just the evidence, to us, did not prove innocence.” "

Really??? Am I missing something here? Would this comment, alone, be enough reason for a mistrial?

bbm

I don't know if that was just a poor choice of words on the juror's part, or if that's what s/he really thought their job was -- to prove innocence rather than prove guilt.

I guess that's the issue here. I do think he's guilty, but so much of the evidence seems circumstantial that I really don't know what I would do if I were on a jury and had to decide this man's fate. I really just don't know. It's easy to sit back here, very removed from the situation, and say 'he did it'. But it's a whole different level of responsibility when you're on a jury.

I do feel he's guilty, and probably beyond a reasonable doubt - but I'm still not sure how I would vote as a juror.

Dateline has been at all three trials and I'm sure they will do an updated show about this case.

I believe Ryan to be guilty. Esp. since he confessed to his friend.

What does his friend gain by lying about Ryan telling her over the phone that he killed Sarah?

I also have a really hard time believe that Sarah Acc. drowned in the bathtub. If she fell asleep in the tub surely she would have woken up by the water.

But my question is: What would be Ryan motive to kill Sarah?

Dateline has been at all three trials and I'm sure they will do an updated show about this case.

I believe Ryan to be guilty. Esp. since he confessed to his friend.

What does his friend gain by lying about Ryan telling her over the phone that he killed Sarah?

I also have a really hard time believe that Sarah Acc. drowned in the bathtub. If she fell asleep in the tub surely she would have woken up by the water.

But my question is: What would be Ryan motive to kill Sarah?

Nevermind, I watched the Testimony of Jennifer Crew on Youtube and she said that Sarah was upset over adult material on his computer, his drinking, his smoking and his cheating on her.

OK, so there may or may not be a new trial. I think it would be very unusual for a judge to throw out the jury verdict based on the defense thinking there is not enough evidence. It can be done, but usually has to be based on judge error or prosecution error or misconduct, etc...

Bell says he suspects Sarah's body may have been moved from somewhere else in the house to the bathroom because the dog was barking extensively during a 911 call her husband made to police. Ryan claimed he came upstairs and found Sarah unresponsive in the bathtub.

Bell says he and the other jurors followed all the jury instructions from Judge Neal Bronson, to the letter.
http://www.kypost.com/dpps/shared/Widmer-juror:-evidence-showed-Sarah's-body-was-moved_6194676

So has there been a decision yet in a retrial? I've looked but just keep seeing that it is being deliberated.

Nevermind, I watched the Testimony of Jennifer Crew on Youtube and she said that Sarah was upset over adult material on his computer, his drinking, his smoking and his cheating on her.

I would have felt a lot better about the witness had she not been a drug addict. Something was off with what she was saying and didn't make sense to me.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/26709611/detail.html

I know a family that had a son that had complained about being tired at a hunting party. When they came home the next day, he went to bed early, and they found him dead in his bed the following morning. The ME could not determine a cause of death. He was around 20 years old.

I don't know if this guy killed his wife or not, but I wonder how one proves innocence when there was no crime. There's usually more drama surrounding someone that kills their spouse. You would think their would be a old girlfriend talking about his control issues. I just don't get it. :fence:

Dateline will be airing Ryan/Sarah Widmer's story on May 6th. It will be 2 hours.

I did not get to watch the first episode about this case, So this will be my first time to see it.

Just bumping this up because the Dateline special starts in about half an hour from now.

Thanks. Interesting case to say the least.

We have another hour to go but they are missing one big piece right now. The prosecution wanted to say that she was dead longer than what Ryan said but the first responders testified that her body was hot to the touch. A dead body would not be hot to the touch.

I'm surprised that they didn't pursue the possibility of a seizure in this case. The ME would not have been able to detect a seizure. I know this because I know someone who had two seizures in the same night and the next morning they couldn't find the evidence of it on a live brain. The bruising on the back of the head and one on the forehead certainly lend themselves to a seizure happening in that tub. MOO

A local news station is hinting that at 11 on the news they will have NEW medical evidence that could exonerate Ryan Widmer. I will report back.

Local news says, "Genetic tests that could make Ryan Widmer a free man". I'll report after the news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back