GUILTY OH - Sarah Widmer, 24, drowned in bathtub, Hamilton Township, 11 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New defense attorney. Looking into potential genetic testing from any body fluids. Long-T syndrome. Set off from being in water. Needs states cooperation in order to get states evidence for tissue samples.

If I had not experienced a loved one having a seizure with no prior history, I would agree. I honestly believe she had a seizure in that tub which explains the head bruises and the forehead bruise. It also explains how she could drown in the tub. You don't recover from a seizure for several minutes.

I think he's guilty; I can't believe he called Sarah's mother a Liar.

I don't think she's a liar but I think the prosecution pressured her to give testimony to benefit them. I thought it strange during the court testimony that she said that they said ugly things to each other but she couldn't repeat any of them. So she wasn't lying, but she was implying without actually giving testimony. That was weird to me.

Based on all known evidence, I believe an innocent man is in prison. There was no crime.

What I can't figure out is why the woman from Iowa would lie-did he dump her when he gathered other female supporters? Or did he really confess to her? She sure gave a detailed confession on the stand, about him having an affair and Sarah finding out.

I don't like this guy at all but I can't figure out if he killed her, or if she died of some unknown causes.

And what is with women reaching out to these men...that really gives me the creeps, although it is as old as time.

I'm surprised that they didn't pursue the possibility of a seizure in this case. The ME would not have been able to detect a seizure. I know this because I know someone who had two seizures in the same night and the next morning they couldn't find the evidence of it on a live brain. The bruising on the back of the head and one on the forehead certainly lend themselves to a seizure happening in that tub. MOO

If she had a seizure while in the tub, why would the body be dry?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned....but as someone who has seizures, they can barely catch them wehn someone is alive, much less dead! My neurologist told me not to even bother going to the ER...it's over and they won't catch it. Many people dx'ed with seizures are never "caught" on machine. I loose consciousness, completely. There are so many types of seizures - some can just be "glitches", some full grand mal, and some people like me who get a rush of heat, sit down and just "go to sleep". Just sayin' (but they can't catch that in autopsy....correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, why drain the bathtub? Why move her to the bedroom? Why wouldn't he have just put her on the bathroom floor, and start working on her there?

So many questions...but I agree, there's reasonable doubt.

ETA: It would be really "funny" that her first huge seizure would be in a bathtub. Usually there is a trigger (not always). I.e. - usually two days after a very stressful event, i'll usually have one. I compensate by taking more seizure meds and maybe a benzo to try and prevent. I also don't go sit in a bathtub or go around strobe lights, etc.

If I had not experienced a loved one having a seizure with no prior history, I would agree. I honestly believe she had a seizure in that tub which explains the head bruises and the forehead bruise. It also explains how she could drown in the tub. You don't recover from a seizure for several minutes.

Right. And most of the time (for me), you're "drunk" for hours afterward - Once I "wake up" and try to figure out what happened (for me it's like....hmm...why am I lying on the floor in the middle of the day...am I drunk? Nope, not drunk....okay, seizure. It takes me a minute to figure it out...then I wander to bed and go to sleep)

Oh my. Forgive me if this has been posted but I didn't see it. Article dated 5/5/11

"LEBANON, Ohio - Ryan Widmer fathered a child with a woman named Sarah. Not Sarah Widmer, the wife he's convicted of killing, but another blonde named Sarah.

Widmer started dating the mother of his child while he was out on bond awaiting trial for murder.
Rumors of the relationship and the child started swirling months ago. No one would confirm it until now."

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_north_cincinnati/lebanon/new-details-on-widmer-girlfriend,-baby

If she had a seizure while in the tub, why would the body be dry?

The first thing he did when he found her was get her face out of the water and pull the plug. She was still in the tub when he called 911 but the water was out. I think her body was dry because she had a fever and her hot skin dried the water quicker than it would on a non feverish body.

Oh my. Forgive me if this has been posted but I didn't see it. Article dated 5/5/11

"LEBANON, Ohio - Ryan Widmer fathered a child with a woman named Sarah. Not Sarah Widmer, the wife he's convicted of killing, but another blonde named Sarah.

Widmer started dating the mother of his child while he was out on bond awaiting trial for murder.
Rumors of the relationship and the child started swirling months ago. No one would confirm it until now."

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_north_cincinnati/lebanon/new-details-on-widmer-girlfriend,-baby

It wasn't before his first trial. That's one of the weird things about this case. He has been tried 3 times already. The first verdict was thrown out because of jury misconduct. A couple of women on the jury decided to try their own experiments and see how long it took to air dry. They brought their findings back to the jury room and other jurors considered that in making their findings. The second trial ended in a hung jury with two hold outs. The other 10 believed guilty. The third trial ended in a verdict of guilty and now they are trying to appeal that one.

Tough case to figure. The lady from Iowa's story makes the most sense of everything I've heard, but I couldn't use her testimony to convict him if I was on the jury. Her past is too shady and her story contradicted the testimony of the lady from Washington that talked to him minutes before. His being drunk is the only way I could see him making that confession but the lady from Washington said she talked to him for 2 hours and he seemed fine.

I'd say it seemed pretty clear the mother was, at least, stretching the truth when talking about how the couple talked to each other. She didn't testify to that in the first 2 trials and nobody else testified to it. Everybody else said how laid back he was and that they never saw him get angry.

I tend to think he probably did it, but the evidence is really weak.

This is a clip that wasn't shown on the broadcast. It's Ryan Widmer telling how he proposed to his wife. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/vp/42937352#42923888

I'm still on the fence about this case. I know for a fact that my body drys quickly if I don't towel off. I just can't figure out how she wouldn't have broken a nail in a struggle or her wrists would have been bruised from his holding them.

Here's a link to a bathtub drowning that someone posted on the facebook site.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...wp-boy-apparently-drowns.html#story-continues

An 11-year-old Blendon Township boy drowned in the bathtub of his home last night, Blendon Township police said today.

ETA: It seems to me that Sarah's mother is lying. She had no problem with Ryan in the beginning. The prosecutors try to put a wedge between families. It's just what they do, and it obviously worked. The mom was on Ryan's side at first, then she said Sarah had to tell him what she was spending money on, then it mushroomed into calling horrible names. I don't think she was being honest either, nor did I believe the witness that he supposed confessed to.

Ryan is guilty! he is right where he belongs.

Not only did he call Sarah's mother a liar he also called LE liars and everybody else who worked to save Sarah.

I think J. Crew's testimony was spot on.

I hope this never gets out.

Not only did he call Sarah's mother a liar he also called LE liars and everybody else who worked to save Sarah.

When I watched the show about this case even the jurors discounted the so called insider's testimony. I didn't believe her for one second.

The never could even come up with a motive why he was kill Sarah. If all men killed women over spending too much then the streets would be lined with dead women because so many of them do just that. They weren't hurting for money.

Even her friends said that Sarah was known to fall asleep in the tub.

I told my hubby last night he better watch out because I am known when relaxing in the tub to nod off if the water is very hot. Right now I have three nasty bruises because I have been doing home remodeling so LE would see those bruises and lock my innocent husband up for something he didn't do.

I don't think we have seen the last of this case. It is a hard case because juries wants someone to pay when a young woman is found in the tub dead.

I don't particularly like this guy's personality but I don't think he killed his wife either.

I agree with you! Just because people look and act nice in public doesn't mean they cannot do horrible things.

When falling asleep in a tubfull of water one would wake up when water was inhaled. It has happened before to me. MOO but I think he is guilty. His motive is known only to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back