OH OH - Shasta Himelrick, 20, pregnant, Richmond Dale, 26 Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do they think she jumped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope they don't think that. She may be in the river but I am sure she didn't open both doors to the car, take her shoes off and jump from the bridge.

maybe someone wanted to stage the scene by making it look like she jumped & was high............IMO I'm thinking knocked out (blood) and dumped or pushed...............

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...ntensifies-for-missing-ross-county-woman.html

"The sheriff says search dogs picked up a scent on the bridge, the water, and the shore, but divers didn't find anything."

Finding her scent in three separate locations has me a little perplexed. At the very least there were two types of dogs used to track her. One tracked her scent through clothing that was provided. That dog tracked her scent to a spot where nearby investigators found items that were of interest, although not specified. I am thinking those items could very well have been her shoes. That would put her physically on that bridge and presumably alive.

The other dog trained in tracking human remains picked up a scent on both the river bank and the water. I suspect this type of dog used was a cadaver dog. If a cadaver dog is picking up human remains, Shasta being found alive is not very likely. If she is on the bridge alive and either jumps or is thrown off, how is her scent being picked up on the shoreline? Did the dog pick up a scent from the water while on land or did it pick up the human remains scent on the land itself?

A possible scenario running through my mind is some kind of altercation happens in the car, which leads to the presence of blood. Shasta manages to open the door to escape and takes off towards the bridge. The perp takes off after her leaving the other door open and catches up to her on the bridge.

I'm going to ask one of our esteemed SAR experts to join us here. I realize it's NYE, and response time may not be expeditious, but it's worth a try.

If I am not successful on my own, I will alert my post to render assistance from our lovely Mods/Admins

:crossfingers:

#BringShastaHome

:candle:

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/crime/2014/12/30/search-resumes-missing-woman/21051643/

Chief Andrew Surritt, of search-and-rescue team Rescue 101, said a dog designated to follow a trail was given an article of clothing with Himelrick's scent on it to follow.

Surritt said the dog stopped at the end of the trail and found items nearby that were of interest to the sheriff's department. It was then that another dog trained in tracing human remains was used and indicated an area in the river where the search with divers continues.

"Both of the dogs on the bank and a K-9 on the bridge alerted to a particular area of interest," Suritt said. "If the divers do not find anything tonight, we have offered to keep our crews on standby for the sheriff to use tomorrow," Surritt said.

The first two paragraphs don't have any quotation marks. Is the reporter paraphrasing what was said? The last paragraph is quoted and that would put at least three dogs on scene.

Do we know what type of shoes she was wearing that night? Were they easy to slip out of? If she was thrown off, maybe they fell off during that act or did someone have to physically remove them?

If I'm not mistaken Shasta lives with the boyfriend correct? Do we have any idea where that may be? We only have two points on the map. The gas station and the location of the car. Why was she headed south at that time of night? Would that be a route she would take to go home? Was she going to meet up with someone? According to Google maps it takes about 15 minutes to get to Higby and Three Locks Road from the gas station, which would mean her car couldn't have been there until at least 3:30 at the earliest.

Here we go again...I wish these young ladies could see into a crystal ball before hooking up with certain "boys". We'll have to see now.

Found this article - don't remember seeing it on the thread (especially the details re: ACoE):

Himelrick Search Suspended for the Night

In the search for Shasta Himelrick, Ross County Sheriff Lt. Mike Preston says divers checked four spots with positive signs from sonar and dogs but only found rocks, Wednesday, so the search has been suspended for the evening.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will stop flow of water from Paint Creek Lake to lower the Scioto River. Then, crews will resume their search for Himelrick.

http://www.wbex.com/articles/local-...106688?desktop=true&desktopviewduration=86400

Long time lurker, first time posting. According to one of the earlier articles Shasta lives a few doors down from her paternal grandmother, in Richmondale, which is south of Chillicothe off of 35. I think she was living with her boyfriend but not sure. A few things to note... there is a large gas station/convenience store on 35 on the edge of Richmondale and a rest area just south of there on 35 where many people go to meet someone. So either she was meeting someone closer to Chillicothe, or she or whoever she was meeting didn't want their meeting observed by anyone in the local vicinity. Another thing to note... we are talking about back roads. Dark, secluded, low traffic roads where you don't open your car door to someone you don't know and trust. Theses roads are traveled mostly by people who live on the road or someone visiting them, or someone wanting to meeting another without being seen.

I don't know Shasta personally but those who do, do not believe she's using drugs again and from the surveillance pic IMO she doesn't look like someone who's using.

Something I find unusual is the fact that LE didn't put out a picture of the car (unless I've missed it). Wouldn't you think they would want it out there hoping someone recognized it and could say where and when they saw it during the hours unaccounted for? Unless they already know.

Hi all, got the message!

It's great to see so much info on what went on with the dogs and what types they brought in. By the sounds of it (and the "items of interest" found, it certainly seems like dog #1, which would be the trailing dog, dig their job very well and lead them to the right spot (barring ending a trail right at the MP, the next best thing is to end at some sort of something that belongs to the person). Haven't had a chance to pull it up on a map yet, as I'm not home, but it sounds like we are talking ending at water and then being picked up again by an HRD dog in the water correct? What can you tell me about this body of water?

Ok, so does anyone know if the 2nd dog picked up the scent from land or were they on a boat? Moving water can be tricky and requires focused training to learn how to pinpoint and narrow down the source in currents.
Anyone know how fast the water is moving? What the water temp is? (I'm guessing cold!). It is very heavily brushed by the looks of GE, which means quite possibly there is also a lot of debris in the water which can cause snags. Hope I am wrong, but it certainly sounds like she may be in the water in which case they just have to keep plugging away at the slow and tedious task of clearing the water.

Thank you sarx. I'm not local so I cannot comment about the depth etc of the water. Hoping someone will post soon.

sarx is on the case!

I'm wondering now, are there any maps already posted we can share?

I'll start looking for info on water movement (unless someone else posts first).

So very thankful you got the message over the holiday season.

We will do our best to try to get the info you need. Part of it is that LE hasn't been very - vocal. But there are other ways for some of these questions to be answered.

:sleuth:

#BringShastaHome

The water is deep, slow moving, and murky. Lots of debris. One of the videos showed a dog on the boat but I can't find a quote stating the dog hit while on a boat. We expect an inch of rain on Saturday, I hope this won't interfere with the search.

It's really sad that she left Richmondale, made it to Chillicothe, and was almost back to Richmondale, almost home.

Please see the details regarding Shasta's six (6) tattoos. This is new information.

31dc4cc6f86bd7ff655d3df47d9d4e91.jpg

https://fbcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.n..._=1429925732_2b320317dd3d7c1a01bf9764ad22dc48

via https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Shasta-Home/1548315792088811

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18