Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone....Please pray and put out feelers everywhere. This is my nephews girlfriend.<modsnip> Ohio BCI is on scene, helicopters were out last night. The picture on the poster was taken by my nephew<modsnip>. Those are the clothes she was wearing. She went missing at County Road 6 and 120 in Fulton County Ohio. They took her right off her bike. Her bike was found lying by the side of the road along with her sunglasses. This was NOT a hit and run, they have ruled that out. They pinged her cell phone. The phone was either destroyed or turned off as it is not pinging anymore. My nephew was riding along side of her on his motorcycle and turned around about 1/2 way to her house and went back home. She was taken 100 feet from her driveway. Unfortunately, her parents assumed she was with my nephew, went to bed, and the alarm about her missing did not start until 3AM this morning. She is a very very sweet girl. Close with her family and my sister thinks of her as her own daughter. I'm leaving to go search now but I will check in later. They have eliminated my nephew as a suspect because witnesses have come forward to say they saw her after my nephew left her, riding her bike alone. Please pray everyone.
I have been on this website for years and the cliche that you would never think it would happen to you is ringing in my ears. My nephew is a hysterical mess. Please share on your FB pages.

I'm bringing this post forward since it is one of our fellow sleuthers involved. Read area quoted for details of this disappearance.

Missing Ohio woman may be in Michigan - News - Monroe News - Monroe, Michigan - Monroe, MI

Is this considered MSM? Mods please delete if not (with my sincerest apologies):

The Fulton County (Ohio) Sheriff&#8217;s Office has sent a missing person flier to The Monroe News, asking for publication of the information as the woman is believed to possibly be in southeast Michigan.

http://m.monroenews.com/news/20160720/missing-ohio-woman-may-be-in-michigan

(The Monroe News doesn't say where they received word re: Michigan. I'm wondering if this is related to the presser? I haven't been able to access a replay link yet. :confused: )

#FindSierah
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would consider the Monroe Evening News to be mainstream media. It's a small newspaper, but it's still a legitimate newspaper. (It's also the hometown paper for Chelsea Bruck and Neveah Buchanan, so they tend to report missing stories quicker than other small newspapers might.)

It was definitely stated at the press conference that the Michigan State Police are helping to search. This is a rural area very close to the Michigan border, so it would make sense to involve Michigan law enforcement.

Aunt: 'She Didn't Go Anywhere Willingly', Joughin's aunt, says her niece is a student at the University of Toledo and had been living with her grandmother in Metamora when she disappeared. She had planned to move in with Ice and her family for the school year to be closer to campus, Ice says.

Ice says Joughin and her boyfriend, Josh, had been dating since middle school. The two met when they were 10 and became best friends before they started dating, she says. They had talked of marriage, but Joughin wanted to focus on her future before settling down, Ice says.

"She's a very, very headstrong woman and she had a lot she wanted to do. So there was no question that it would happen someday, but it was happening soon," Ice says.

The family is cooperating with authorities and is waiting to hear from authorities for updates.

http://www.people.com/article/missing-hio-woman-last-seen-tuesday-riding-bike

I was wondering if maybe there was an ex-boyfriend involved or if this was some kind of a jealousy situation........guess not.

FBI assisting in search for 20-year-old Sierah Joughins - Toledo News Now, News, Weather, Sports, Toledo, OH
Updated 5 min ago

[...]
The FBI, Fulton County Sheriff's Office and Ohio State Highway Patrol are beginning a search of farm fields in the area and have set up a post at Evergreen High School in Metamora. Earlier in the day searchers found Sierah's bike. Authorities say there appears to have been a scuffle where it was found. A drone and helicopter have also been used in the search.
[...]
http://www.wtol.com/story/32486222/...oman-last-seen-riding-bike?clienttype=generic
:praying:
#FindSierah

Ugh. The scuffle.

Come on, Sierah!!! Come home.

I would consider the Monroe Evening News to be mainstream media. It's a small newspaper, but it's still a legitimate newspaper. (It's also the hometown paper for Chelsea Bruck and Neveah Buchanan, so they tend to report missing stories quicker than other small newspapers might.)

It was definitely stated at the press conference that the Michigan State Police are helping to search. This is a rural area very close to the Michigan border, so it would make sense to involve Michigan law enforcement.

Thank you for your response, sls314! I self-alerted my post as well, just to be on the safe side.

My heart breaks for Sierah's family and loved ones :tears:

Thank you for your response, sls314! I self-alerted my post as well, just to be on the safe side.

My heart breaks for Sierah's family and loved ones :tears:

Mine too. I know her mom, and she's truly one of the nicest, kindest people you could ever want to meet. I have had tears in my eyes all afternoon thinking about the hell she must be going through now, not knowing where her daughter is. :(

Fulton County Sheriff looking for missing woman

Embedded video & More@Link:
ETA: per reporter on scene: majority of LE activity is centered around County Road T & they are asking the public to hold off on coming out to search on their own until they complete their work. They will let the public know when an organized search is put together (though their help is appreciated).

The FBI & State Crime Lab are currently on scene, amongst a large, multi agency contingency response (my paraphrase):
ebd2edf4c24bbcafb9240bd565ddb621.png

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Fulton-County-Sheriff-looking-for-missing-woman-387596201.html

#BringSierahHome

This is bound to be some sort of crime of opportunity. What kind of a fruitcake hides in a cornfield and waits for a woman to ride by on a bicycle ?
I'm leaning towards someone intentionally ramming her from behind and then abducting her. Seems strange that all of this commotion could have happened within a 100 feet of her driveway though and nobody heard or saw a thing.

Wondering if the bike ride was a common everyday activity.

This is absolutely terrifying.. Let's hope the perp took her home and gets freaked out by all the media attention and lets her go... ETA.. looks lile her FitBit is a ChargeHR. If she has it linked online, her heart rate is trackable in real time.. will allow LE to see if she is still alive at least (assuming she still has it on)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

This is bound to be some sort of crime of opportunity. What kind of a fruitcake hides in a cornfield and waits for a woman to ride by on a bicycle ?
I'm leaning towards someone intentionally ramming her from behind and then abducting her. Seems strange that all of this commotion could have happened within a 100 feet of her driveway though and nobody heard or saw a thing.

If a car rammed her bike, I would think the bike would be damaged. Would that be a detail LE would "hold back" at this point in the case?

Fulton County Sheriff looking for missing woman

Embedded video & More@Link:
ETA: per reporter on scene: majority of LE activity is centered around County Road T & they are asking the public to hold off on coming out to search on their own until they complete their work. They will let the public know when an organized search is put together (though their help is appreciated).

The FBI & State Crime Lab are currently on scene, amongst a large, multi agency contingency response (my paraphrase):
ebd2edf4c24bbcafb9240bd565ddb621.png

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Fulton-County-Sheriff-looking-for-missing-woman-387596201.html

#BringSierahHome

In the video the sheriff mentions finding bike and "stuff". What stuff?

<modsnip>

I made up a map of the area, could you pinpoint a little closer where the bike was found and/or the residence she was heading to ? Also, was there damage to the bike as if it had been hit by a car ?

The yellow icon B represents the crossroads that you specified. You can zoom in with the center wheel of your mouse.

map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tt2itlgjV4S4tEnea944w7lhW-M&usp=sharing

http://www.people.com/article/missing-hio-woman-last-seen-tuesday-riding-bike
He adds that since one of the "pings" from her cell phone &#8211; which has a radius of 10 to 12 miles &#8211; was near the Michigan border, Fulton County authorities are in contact with authorities in Michigan.

Tara Shaffer Ice, Joughin's aunt, tells PEOPLE her niece is a student at the University of Toledo and had been living with her grandmother in Metamora when she disappeared. Joughin had planned to move in with Ice and her family for the school year to be closer to campus, Ice says.

Ice says Joughin and her boyfriend, Josh, had been dating since middle school. The two met when they were 10 and became best friends before they started dating, she says. They had talked of marriage, but Joughin wanted to focus on her future before settling down, Ice says.
------
http://www.wtol.com/story/32486222/...n-riding-bike?clienttype=generic&sf31359064=1

The FBI has joined with Fulton Cinty Sheriff's in the search for missing Sierah Joughin.
Sierah is 20 yrs. old, Caucasian, @ 5&#8217;5&#8221;, 130 lbs, long brown hair, and brown eyes.

Last seen Tuesday, July 19, at 6:45 p.m. in the Evergreen School District, riding a purple bike, wearing gray/neon yellow shorts and a neon yellow/gray tank top (see last picture posted of her from the bike ride)

Last seen in area of Evergreen School District, search of the are ongoing in area of the High School, Metamora region.
(see purple outline are from Google map, Evergreen School District)

Her bike was found in along County Road 6, appearance of a scuffle.

Reported missing @ 11 pm (?) Tuesday, July 19. Search began around 3 am, Wednesday, July 20.

No person of interest yet.

Tips or info can be called to the Fulton County Sheriff&#8217;s Office at 419-355-4010 EXT 8. Tips can remain anonymous.

Other assisting law enforcement agencies include: Lenawee County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, Ohio State Highway Patrol and Michigan State Police.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image.png
    image.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 136

RBBM:
I hate to even type this, but your post immediately brought memories of Mickey Shuknick. :(

I hope this turns out the complete opposite.

:candle:

In the video the sheriff mentions finding bike and "stuff". What stuff?

Exactly, Tillicum. That's the only video (with the short and somewhat confusing interview with the Sheriff), I could find.

Has anyone been able to find a link tints presser? I really want to take a close listen/look at what was said!

Any help is appreciated in advance.

#BringSierahHome

Miller said Joughin was reported missing around 11 p.m. Tuesday and that officers located her bicycle around 12:03 a.m. 3-4 rows into a cornfield along Fulton County Road T.

Several agencies have been assisting in the search including, the Ohio Highway Patrol, Lenaway County Sheriff's Office and Michigan State Police. A drone and helicopter were used during the search Tuesday evening. Miller said numerous firefighters have also assisted in combing through fields.

According to officials, Joughin's disappearance is suspicious.

"Obviously the FBI and BCI wouldn't be involved if we didn't think there was some type of an issue," said Miller. He said officers found evidence of a disturbance near where the bicycle was located.

"There was some corn knocked down and such."
http://www.crescent-news.com/news/l...cle_b96a8c4a-e1ea-5597-b032-caaf4ab630bb.html

http://www.crescent-news.com/news/l...cle_b96a8c4a-e1ea-5597-b032-caaf4ab630bb.html

Miller said Joughin was reported missing around 11 p.m. Tuesday and that officers located her bicycle around 12:03 a.m. 3-4 rows into a cornfield along Fulton County Road T.

ETA (sorry for duplicate of above post by Knox)

ETA: (from same link)
Miller said they were waiting on a dog from the Columbus area to arrive Wednesday afternoon and that they would be revisiting the area where Joughin's bicycle was found.

"We're going to send more men and women back out there to do a more methodical search," he said.

Missing 20-year-old Metamora, Ohio, woman sought - News - The Daily Telegram - Adrian, MI - Adrian, MI
[...]
Joughin resides just south of Lenawee County's Hodges Highway. The school is about five miles southeast of where M-52 begins in Lenawee County.

[...]

Anyone who has seen her is asked to call the Fulton County sheriff at 419-335-4010, Extension 8.

Tips can also be sent to Crime Stoppers of Lenawee County. They can be submitted through through www.tipsubmit.com at www.tipsubmit.com/WebTips.aspx?AgencyID=431 or bit.ly/1z4HUQA, or to Crime Stoppers of Lenawee County on Facebook, or by phoning 266-6161or toll free at 877-276-8477.

Tips can also be texted to 274637 (“CRIMES”) with the first word Lenawee.

[...]
http://m.lenconnect.com/article/20160720/NEWS/160729936/0/SEARCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads