Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to answer your first question by confusing you even more. Since I was making up a map, I too was interested on where the bike was found in relation to the house.

#1) Jashrema commented early yesterday that the bike was found very close to her driveway, approximately 100 feet away, give or take.

#2) During a press release yesterday, LE stated that the bike was found within 1/2 mile of her house, in a cornfield.

Technically, both statements could be accurate.

Obviously there is one hell of a difference between 100 feet and 1/2 mile. So, using the information at hand, I positioned the marker on a large cornfield that is close to her home, but extends a ways down the road to the south of it. That's the best I can do with the information I have right now.

The balloon marker noted as 1 on the map was meant to show the approximate location of the bike. That's still as close as I can get it with the information at hand. I think it's safe to say that the bike was knocked over and there was a scuffle that took place somewhere along that big green patch of corn. In an attempt to meet everybody halfway, the marker is positioned approximately 600 feet (200 yards) from the driveway of the residence.

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tt2itlgjV4S4tEnea944w7lhW-M&usp=sharing

Thank you, that helps! I had seen Jashrema's post from yesterday but had misunderstood.

We know from other cases that distances sated by LE and media are often estimates and not exact locations. You did a great job with the map (and explaining it to me :) ).

jashrema, have there been any other suspicious incidents where woman were alarmed by strangers in the area recently that caused them fear for their safety that you are aware of?
Abduction victims react to their abductors in various ways. Some comply and other fight their attackers vigorously. In your opinion, would Sierah have fought her attacker? I'm assuming that she was aware of stranger danger, etc., from personal safety classes offered when enrolling in college. Did she have any martial arts or other self defensive training or mace, tazer, etc., that you are aware of? TYIA

Prayers for her safe return...

To your knowledge, was there any damage done to the bike, as if it had been rammed by a pickup truck from the front or rear ? Was it scratched, dented, bent at all, or did it appear the bike was simply laid down and abandoned ?

Now I can return the favor :) - her aunt said yesterday that it does not appear like a hit and run, so it seems the bike was undamaged.

ETA: correction

Do you happen to know if this bike ride was a regular habit of Sierah's? By this I mean did she ride nightly, every other night? Was it her form of exercise? I can't help but wonder if someone knew this and was waiting for her.

Sierah was very athletic. She has been riding her bike for years out there. Her and Josh both have. She was also a runner. Yes it was very common practice.

jashrema, have there been any other suspicious incidents where woman were alarmed by strangers in the area recently that caused them fear for their safety that you are aware of?
Abduction victims react to their abductors in various ways. Some comply and other fight their attackers vigorously. In your opinion, would Sierah have fought her attacker? I'm assuming that she was aware of stranger danger, etc., from personal safety classes offered when enrolling in college. Did she have any martial arts or other self defensive training that you are aware of? TYIA

Prayers for her safe return...

Sierah would have fought. She was a headstrong, physically fit young woman. Unless incapacitated, she would not have gone willingly

In an earlier post I included a map with birds eye view of the area. In that view, it appears (if I have the correct hime as hers) that her home had a very long driveway and the road was not likely to be noticed too much by occupants unless there was a lot of loud noise to make them curious.

Exactly. Plus, when you are out there, it is SO quiet that sound seems to travel a great distance.

In an earlier post I included a map with birds eye view of the area. In that view, it appears (if I have the correct hime as hers) that her home had a very long driveway and the road was not likely to be noticed too much by occupants unless there was a lot of loud noise to make them curious.

I agree with Spellbound. It looks like the house is set a good distance off the road and the corn is tall right now. It isn't a crazy thought that this could have happened 100 ft from the residence and they would not have seen or heard anything. I lived literally a few miles down the road from where this happened...there isn't a lot of traffic and you're surrounded by corn fields for quite a distance.

Another thought, this doesn't seem to be too far from where the 80/90 toll road is. Does anybody know where or how many miles to the nearest access point?

To your knowledge, was there any damage done to the bike, as if it had been rammed by a pickup truck from the front or rear ? Was it scratched, dented, bent at all, or did it appear the bike was simply laid down and abandoned ?

Steelman..That is an excellent map..thank you! I believe that is why the FBI was onsite less than 24 hours after she disappeared. There was no damage to bike, there were signs of a struggle, she was not the type of girl to take off, no enemies or exes..it was frightening from the start.

Steelman..That is an excellent map..thank you! I believe that is why the FBI was onsite less than 24 hours after she disappeared. There was no damage to bike, there were signs of a struggle, she was not the type of girl to take off, no enemies or exes..it was frightening from the start.

Steelman...can you add to your map that Josh and Ce were traveling from an origination point of CR 12 towards her house. Josh turned back approx. 2 miles from Ce's house, so those last 2 miles she was alone. Can you put on map where Josh turned around and she was by herself?

Steelman, I think her bike was actually found in a cornfield on County Road 6. It appears her house could be surrounded by cornfields (or other crops, since corn is rotated every other year with other crops such as tomatoes, beans, wheat, or left barren for a year). It would be helpful to know if there were cornfields around her house. Anyway, this link implies her bike was on Road 6:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/21/Woman-missing-volunteers-help-search.html

By Wednesday afternoon, the intersection of County Road T and County Road 6 remained blocked by the state highway patrol, restricting travel northbound on County Road 6 past the cornfield where the bike was found.

I agree with Spellbound. It looks like the house is set a good distance off the road and the corn is tall right now. It isn't a crazy thought that this could have happened 100 ft from the residence and they would not have seen or heard anything. I lived literally a few miles down the road from where this happened...there isn't a lot of traffic and you're surrounded by corn fields for quite a distance.

Another thought, this doesn't seem to be too far from where the 80/90 toll road is. Does anybody know where or how many miles to the nearest access point?

:welcome:

If the bike was undamaged, that indicates that she was cut off by a vehicle that pulled in front of her and was subsequently chased and tackled out in the cornfield. She was restrained and dragged back to the vehicle after the scuffle.

There's going to be two perps involved in this.

LE also needs to talk to the owners of local bars in that area and ask about a couple of guys that were drinking pretty heavily and left the bar around 6:30 p.m.

These are going to be locals.

Steven Jackson ‏@sjacksonwtol
Missing woman: This is the corn field where 20 year old Sierah Joughin's bike was found.

Cn03l_HUEAAs9ie.jpg

https://twitter.com/sjacksonwtol
Just joining thread..Hope she is found. Much of Mi Ohio boarder looks like this photo. Tons of cornfields, farms with tons of acreage. She could be anywhere in either state :( VERY close where the 3 little Skelton Brothers went missing. That frightens me for searchers.

There is now a 25,000 reward for any information on Ce's whereabouts.

Steelman, I think her bike was actually found in a cornfield on County Road 6. It appears her house could be surrounded by cornfields (or other crops, since corn is rotated every other year with other crops such as tomatoes, beans, wheat, or left barren for a year). It would be helpful to know if there were cornfields around her house. Anyway, this link implies her bike was on Road 6:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/21/Woman-missing-volunteers-help-search.html

By Wednesday afternoon, the intersection of County Road T and County Road 6 remained blocked by the state highway patrol, restricting travel northbound on County Road 6 past the cornfield where the bike was found.

Steelman...Yes, her bike was found on CR 6 ....NOT CR T that was erroneously reported yesterday. Corn is all around and quite high now

Someone wondered yesterday if a relative (with last name of Ice) owned a business in the area. The Toledo Blade article referenced above in my last post confirmed this:

Ms. Joughin, who family say had no enemies, is also working as a summer intern for a company her that uncle, Howard Ice, owns.

If the bike was undamaged, that indicates that she was cut off by a vehicle that pulled in front of her and was subsequently chased and tackled out in the cornfield. She was restrained and dragged back to the vehicle after the scuffle.

There's going to be two perps involved in this.

LE also needs to talk to the owners of local bars in that area and ask about a couple of guys that were drinking pretty heavily and left the bar around 6:30 p.m.

These are going to be locals.

JMO...the corn comes basically up to the street. I don't think she was "chased" 3-4 rows back of corn is literally only a few feet. I feel like somebody pulled alongside or in front of her and asked her for directions. If they were coming from the opposite direction that she was going and pulled off the rode right in front of her she would have automatically adjusted an went FURTHER into the field or zagged around to the drivers side of window. IDK...it's so bizarre.

Jashrema, do you know if her phone is still longing or on? Was her Fitbit synced with her phone or computer?

LE stated yesterday that her phone has either been destroyed or turned off and they were unable to GPS the fitbit because of signal "bouncing" and then that to went dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021