Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woman missing; volunteers help search
n5copcars-1.jpg

Given the suspicious nature of the disappearance, the FBI has gotten involved at Fulton County’s request. FBI special agent and Toledo supervisor Jake Hardie and his office is working alongside other agencies.
Officials planned to use a specialized search dog from the Columbus area to scour the area before sending out more people through a methodical search process on foot.
n5hound-3.jpg
n5missing2-4.jpg

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/21/Woman-missing-volunteers-help-search.html

Steelman, that is helpful. So the phone pinging in Michigan really doesn't mean anything. I was able to zoom out of that map and follow the tracks that go right near where she was taken, and they lead right to Flat Rock, which is where Chelsea was found. Hopefully just a random coincidence, but I can't help but think that it might be the railroad tracks that were the access. It would be much harder to see a truck on the railroad tracks covered by cornfields, than it would to see a truck on an open road in the middle of the country.
You would really have to know the rail schedule to take a chance like that.

Does anyone know if there are train tracks near where the bike was found? This reminds me of Chelsea Bruck, and her body was found in a remote area with no access except by train tracks. I remember several suggestions that it may have been someone who worked for the railroad who would have access to a truck with wheels on it. And being that her phone pinged near the Michigan line, it really reminds me of all of the missing girls from Michigan.

This is prime Ohio horse country. I'm sure that a decent search party could be formed in a day if needed, although it sounds like she may no longer be in the area.
There are typically access trails on either side of tracks.

I can't make the quotinig work but someone just above asked how it could be possible she was taken possibly 100 feet from her own driveway? Many scenarios may have played out.maybe she stopped to check her phone, maybe her shoe lace was untied , maybe she dropped something, maybe she saw a bunny rabbit she wanted to take a pic of, maybe someone drove up asked for directions etc etc ,

I think if some creep was hiding in wait, they could time it just right to take her into the corn without being seen. The question is, where did they go after that and why didn't anyone see a parked vehicle?

A vehicle might have been parked further down the road, or around a corner, in a spot where it didn't look suspicious? Whoever did this, if they were waiting in the cornfield and dragged her in there, they had a lot of time to do whatever they were doing and bring the vehicle later, as her parents only noticed she was missing about 4 hours later. When did it get dark? They might have waited until then.

Or maybe the two motorists who saw her should be questioned more thoroughly.

I also wanted to mention that someone had commented on a news article that another young woman had recently been approached by some migrant workers in the area and they had tried to grab her and she ran and hid in the corn..

I can't make the quotinig work but someone just above asked how it could be possible she was taken possibly 100 feet from her own driveway? Many scenarios may have played out.maybe she stopped to check her phone, maybe her shoe lace was untied , maybe she dropped something, maybe she saw a bunny rabbit she wanted to take a pic of, maybe someone drove up asked for directions etc etc ,

That was me. Thanks! yes if she stopped for whatever reason it makes more sense. And it's not unheard of for perps to use a ruse to stop someone and get close to them.

It's possible Sierah detected she was in danger, went to hide but was found.

UPDATE: Police are NO longer looking for white van w/ MI plates. Driver found NOT to be involved w/ Sierah's disappearance #BringSierahHome

[video=twitter;756123334463676416]https://twitter.com/mckenzie13abc/status/756123334463676416[/video]

There are typically access trails on either side of tracks.
They need to check out the perimeter near those train tracks. Although this is a rural area, I think suspicious behavior wouldn't go unnoticed. If someone took her driving up along the railroads edges are a perfect cover especially dusk/nightfall. IMO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sierah was alone riding her bike for approx. 2 miles, maybe a bit more. The witnesses reported that they had seen her alone on her bike...OVER a 2 mile period. They did not see her 100 yards from her house. I do not know the exact location the motorists saw her. It may have been when she was traveling down CR T...BEFORE she even turned onto RT 6 which is where she lived. Her bike was found fairly close to her house..but the motorists could literally have seen her alone on her bike 2 miles from her house...see?

First time posting in this thread - jashrema I'm so sorry for you and your family! Praying this has a good outcome! What a beautiful young lady Sierah is.

Steelman, thank you for the map!

What confuses me is that she was apparently seen three times quite close to her home after her bf drove off, is this correct, or did I misunderstand? Iirc it was said she was spotted by two motorists about 100 yards from her home, and also by a jogger. Now it doesn't even take a minute to cycle 100 yards, how is it possible someone ambushed her and struggled with her before she reached home but none of these three people saw anything, as they couldn't have been far away yet? On Steelman's map the distance to the home looks more than 100 yards though ... Can someone enlighten me?

I also wonder whether she drove into the cornfield to flee/hide from an attacker and then abandoned her bicycle, or was the bicycle dumped there to hide it after she had been forced into a car? If the latter, there must have been at least two people, unless she was knocked out or by other means rendered unconscious and put in the car, and then the perp went to hide the bicycle.

If the bicycle was put into the cornfield by the attacker, with a bit of luck there might be fingerprints. Surely LE has been checking this.

I'll try to answer your first question by confusing you even more. Since I was making up a map, I too was interested on where the bike was found in relation to the house.

#1) Jashrema commented early yesterday that the bike was found very close to her driveway, approximately 100 feet away, give or take.

#2) During a press release yesterday, LE stated that the bike was found within 1/2 mile of her house, in a cornfield.

Technically, both statements could be accurate.

Obviously there is one hell of a difference between 100 feet and 1/2 mile. So, using the information at hand, I positioned the marker on a large cornfield that is close to her home, but extends a ways down the road to the south of it. That's the best I can do with the information I have right now.

The balloon marker noted as "A" on the map was meant to show the approximate location of the bike. That's still as close as I can get it with the information at hand. I think it's safe to say that the bike was knocked over and there was a scuffle that took place somewhere along that big green patch of corn. In an attempt to meet everybody halfway, the marker is positioned approximately 600 feet (200 yards) from the driveway of the residence.

Map: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tt2itlgjV4S4tEnea944w7lhW-M&usp=sharing

They may want to have her computer checked out - if it hasn't been already. (late post - disregard - I meant to check for possible inquiries on the table!) Super worried for this girl - hoping for a break today. For you map experts - can we put together a map of the RSO's in comparison to the area she was biking?

Hi Everyone,

Jashrema is now a verified insider in Sierah's case.

Please treat jashrema with respect.

Remember jashrema does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what jashrema posts or not.

Thank you

Sierah was alone riding her bike for approx. 2 miles, maybe a bit more. The witnesses reported that they had seen her alone on her bike...OVER a 2 mile period. They did not see her 100 yards from her house. I do not know the exact location the motorists saw her. It may have been when she was traveling down CR T...BEFORE she even turned onto RT 6 which is where she lived. Her bike was found fairly close to her house..but the motorists could literally have seen her alone on her bike 2 miles from her house...see?

Thank you jashrema for clarifying that. How close to her home was the bike found, do you know? Is this where the "100 yards" came from? ETA: scratch that question, Steelman answered me already!

I was saying 100 feet from her driveway because that is what my sister told me. LE may very well be correct. This was right after Sierah disappeared and erroneous information may have been flying around. I would think we need to go with what LE said regarding distance. Either way, pretty close to her own home. There are only a few houses on that streatch of road with nothing but corn and field in between. This makes me personally believe that it could have been a wrong place wrong time situation. If known to her, why would they take her so close to her own home? They would have known that's where she lived if she was being stalked. Sierahs house is the first one on the West side of Rt 6 after you turn the corner from CR T . There are homes right on the corners, but once you turn onto 6, Ce's house is up a ways on the West side of 6

I was saying 100 feet from her driveway because that is what my sister told me. LE may very well be correct. This was right after Sierah disappeared and erroneous information may have been flying around. I would think we need to go with what LE said regarding distance. Either way, pretty close to her own home. There are only a few houses on that streatch of road with nothing but corn and field in between. This makes me personally believe that it could have been a wrong place wrong time situation. If known to her, why would they take her so close to her own home? They would have known that's where she lived if she was being stalked. Sierahs house is the first one on the West side of Rt 6 after you turn the corner from CR T . There are homes right on the corners, but once you turn onto 6, Ce's house is up a ways on the West side of 6

Do you happen to know if this bike ride was a regular habit of Sierah's? By this I mean did she ride nightly, every other night? Was it her form of exercise? I can't help but wonder if someone knew this and was waiting for her.

In an earlier post I included a map with birds eye view of the area. In that view, it appears (if I have the correct hime as hers) that her home had a very long driveway and the road was not likely to be noticed too much by occupants unless there was a lot of loud noise to make them curious.

To your knowledge, was there any damage done to the bike, as if it had been rammed by a pickup truck from the front or rear ? Was it scratched, dented, bent at all, or did it appear the bike was simply laid down and abandoned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub