GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has the gag order been lifted? Or is it in effect until formal sentencing?

Two excerpts below are from a new WTOL article. Even if JW had an accomplice, he woukd still be just as guilty. That sttement was made to muddy things for jurors, IMO.

http://www.wtol.com/story/37892869/james-worleys-attorneys-argue-that-he-did-not-act-alone-in-closing-remarks

[FONT=&quot]In an attempt to spare Worley's life, in his closing remarks, Worley's attorney argued that Worley did not act alone in the murder of Sierah Joughin. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"What haunts me is that I think there was an accomplice," said Defense Attorney, Mark Berling, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WTOL 11 reached out to the Correction Center of Northwest Ohio where Worley is locked up to see if he would be interested in speaking out. However due to security issues, he was not eligible for an interview as of Thursday.[/FONT]
In the closing arguments the lawyer can say what he wants and the prosecution cannot ask JW questions. So he made statements that hinted JW did kill SJ but he did not act alone.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Has the gag order been lifted? Or is it in effect until formal sentencing?

Two excerpts below are from a new WTOL article. Even if JW had an accomplice, he woukd still be just as guilty. That sttement was made to muddy things for jurors, IMO.

http://www.wtol.com/story/37892869/james-worleys-attorneys-argue-that-he-did-not-act-alone-in-closing-remarks

[FONT=&quot]In an attempt to spare Worley's life, in his closing remarks, Worley's attorney argued that Worley did not act alone in the murder of Sierah Joughin. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"What haunts me is that I think there was an accomplice," said Defense Attorney, Mark Berling, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WTOL 11 reached out to the Correction Center of Northwest Ohio where Worley is locked up to see if he would be interested in speaking out. However due to security issues, he was not eligible for an interview as of Thursday.[/FONT]
Spellie, the gag order reads that it is to remain in effect until further notice of the Court. I wish I could copy and paste from my phone but if you just search this thread for gag order you will find it. Unless the Court has lifted it and it just hasn't been mentioned, I would think it is a violation. JMO

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

In the opening statements for the sentencing phase the defense attorney said there was something that happened tin the last 2 years to JW that drive him off the track. Then they never said anything else relating to that?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Odd statement. Why would JW not tell his defense team who was involved?

After he is officially charged how soon will send him to his rotting prison till he is put to death? Also will he need to be present for the civil court case dates of SJs family claiming his assets?

Spellie, the gag order reads that it is to remain in effect until further notice of the Court. I wish I could copy and paste from my phone but if you just search this thread for gag order you will find it. Unless the Court has lifted it and it just hasn't been mentioned, I would think it is a violation. JMO

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

that’s how I read it, too, and have not seen that the gag order was lifted yet. so why is WTOL trying to get an interview if it is still in place? I hope no reporters cause a problem now.

After he is officially charged how soon will send him to his rotting prison till he is put to death? Also will he need to be present for the civil court case dates of SJs family claiming his assets?

Good questions, and I don’t know the answers. Sorry.

https://twitter.com/wtol11toledo/status/982432779668508672?s=21

Look what website has been shutdown and seized. If I’m not mistaken this website was mentioned in the trial, anyone else recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the trial but in interviews with him he mentioned it.

Investigators also questioned him at length about a collection of women's lingerie found in Worley's barn. He described the items he bought online from China as “girlfriend stuff,” later saying he had plans to shoot amateur *advertiser censored* with women he might contact on classified websites like Craigslist and Backpage.They specifically asked about one pair of underwear found on his property that had blood stains.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/03/12/James-Worley-trial-begins-Monday.html

ETA : That interview played at trial - https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...County-19-July-2016-8&p=13987624#post13987624

Yes, thank you! I knew it sounded familiar!!

Oh the scenarios that come to mind.... I’m sure this has nothing to do with JW and other evidence they may have found on his property but that’s the first thing that popped in my head..... mostly bc the Assistant US district attorney was in court and stop proceedings that one day.... I know they had a plausible explanation but I’ve always thought there was more to it.

Sorry about the grammar... I’m exhausted, can’t sleep and my mind is racing after reading this...

That's why there was a plea jargon but he did not take it :(

I just caught up and seen this message.

Have the details of the plea deal been released? I’ve been wondering if that’s what the offer was “to give info on other possible victims”.

I just caught up and seen this message.

Have the details of the plea deal been released? I’ve been wondering if that’s what the offer was “to give info on other possible victims”.

Yes I had a conversation with my aunt (Sierah grandma about this)

First I had no clue what a plea bargain was. I assumed someone else chose it and I was mad.

My aunt then told me that Sierah's mom gave him the plea bargain so that he would give more information so that other people could have more closure.

Just now logging on. Has some thing changed with the trial?

In the opening statements for the sentencing phase the defense attorney said there was something that happened tin the last 2 years to JW that drive him off the track. Then they never said anything else relating to that?

Sadly, and most likely imho, the only thing that happened in the last 2 years to drive JW off track was when he spotted a lovely young woman riding her bike alone...

Perhaps health of mother and he was concerned about his income source? I believe he kept an eye on people in the area.

Yes I had a conversation with my aunt (Sierah grandma about this)

First I had no clue what a plea bargain was. I assumed someone else chose it and I was mad.

My aunt then told me that Sierah's mom gave him the plea bargain so that he would give more information so that other people could have more closure.

lcat, while I always appreciate your posts and information, I am just requesting that you please become verified as an Insider. Otherwise everything you post as personal interaction has only the weight of rumor which is not allowed. As a VI those posts are not only allowed but given more weight as truth and members are free to accept as factual or not. Please consider.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

As always any member should flag any post that falls outside of the RULES of WS.

http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2018/04/10/Bills-respond-to-pair-of-murders.html

"The Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday voted along party lines, with Republicans in support and Democrats in opposition, for Senate Bill 231. “Sierah’s Law” would create a statewide registry, exclusively for the eyes of law enforcement, of all offenders released from prison after committing certain violent crimes."

:gasp: I would be all over this if I was a constituent in the area!

:slapfight: :slapfight:

Party lines???

Much info at link.

The family has done such a great job at getting the word out, I hope that Ce's Warriors are on top of this and get in front of the media and call out the people who are opposing it, or have input to reflect their wishes

http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2018/04/10/Bills-respond-to-pair-of-murders.html

"The Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday voted along party lines, with Republicans in support and Democrats in opposition, for Senate Bill 231. “Sierah’s Law” would create a statewide registry, exclusively for the eyes of law enforcement, of all offenders released from prison after committing certain violent crimes."

:gasp: I would be all over this if I was a constituent in the area!

:slapfight: :slapfight:

Party lines???

Much info at link.

The family has done such a great job at getting the word out, I hope that Ce's Warriors are on top of this and get in front of the media and call out the people who are opposing it, or have input to reflect their wishes

Just to clarify......THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST!!!!!! AGAIN THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST!!!!!

I wish decisions were based on common sense and with the best interest of the people in mind. Had there been a registry, law enforcement would have been conscientious and alert to the danger that may be lurking in their area.

Though I believe it should be open to the public especially for crimes that include kidnapping, stalking and homicide.

Just my opinion of course.

Just now logging on. Has some thing changed with the trial?

Nothing new that I know of.

I just found it curious that a website mentioned in Worley’s interviews with LE,that were played during the trial, has been shutdown by the federal government.

Refer to the above response by steleheart.

Just to clarify......THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST!!!!!! AGAIN THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST!!!!!

I wish decisions were based on common sense and with the best interest of the people in mind. Had there been a registry, law enforcement would have been conscientious and alert to the danger that may be lurking in their area.

Though I believe it should be open to the public especially for crimes that include kidnapping, stalking and homicide.

Just my opinion of course.

Right, it's not political but unfortunately the voting is political. What they may have missed are these points;

“Sierah’s Law” would create a statewide registry, exclusively for the eyes of law enforcement, of all offenders released from prison after committing certain violent crimes.
While the statewide database would not be a searchable Internet site similar to Ohio’s sex offender registry, much of the information that would be fed into it would be available to the public on a piecemeal basis at county sheriff’s offices.

But I can see where it could become a problem opening up a channel for retribution or violence against a former offender.
Like AFIS and CODIS privacy is certainly a concern, but being available only to Law Enforcement, those data bases never become a problem concerning the general public.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/records-management/foipa/privacy-impact-assessments/iafis
https://www.fbi.gov/services/laboratory/biometric-analysis/codis/codis-and-ndis-fact-sheet

Sen. Cecil Thomas (D., Cincinnati) opposed the bill, arguing it would make it easier for criminals intent on revenge to find the addresses and other personal information of past offenders they’re targeting.

Generally, criminal records are public and available upon request at county courthouses on an individual basis. That information, however, is not usually compiled into a single list or searchable online database.

While criminal records are generally public information, the average citizen has no idea how to go about obtaining those records never mind whom to search, whereas the sex offender registry is searchable for a particular area. A violent offender registry should be similar and with limited information. The notion that a VO registry could be used to to target an individual by criminals is no different than some ex-con. looking for a particular pedophile, IMO

All JMO but perhaps the Bill should be more specific as to it's use by the general public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back