GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Today's later update.

Ohio Senate passes legislation after murders of Sierah Joughin and Reagan Tokes

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/O...ierah-Joughin-and-Reagan-Tokes-479437563.html

Members of the Ohio Senate passed a pair of bills named after each of the victims. Sierah's Law would create a list of violent offenders, similar to the sex offender registry.

Both bills now head to the Ohio House of Representatives for further approval. Once approved there, each bill would need to be signed by Ohio Governor John Kasich to become law.

It's a bittersweet victory sigh.......thanks for the update.

I apologize as I have been consumed with real life as of late. I have not been immersed. Will this be available to the public or just LE? TIA

I apologize as I have been consumed with real life as of late. I have not been immersed. Will this be available to the public or just LE? TIA

The database itself is not public record. But it appears once it gets to the county the information could be released through the sheriff. Also within the bill that I read, you only have to register for 10 years. At least that's the way I'm reading it.

The bill can be read at https://openstates.org/oh/bills/132/SB231/

(2) The bureau of criminal identification and investigation shall establish and maintain a database of violent offenders and qualifying out-of-state violent offenders that includes the information and materials the bureau receives pursuant to division (D)(1) of this section. The bureau shall make the database available to federal, state, and local law enforcement officers. The database of violent offenders and qualifying out-of-state violent offenders maintained by the bureau is not a public record under section 149.43 of the Revised Code.

(3)(a) Except as otherwise provided in division (F)(3)(b) of this section, any statements, information, photographs, fingerprints, or materials that are provided by a violent offender or qualifying out-of-state violent offender pursuant to this section and that are in the possession of a county sheriff are public records open to public inspection under section 149.43 of the Revised Code.

Screenshot_20180412-063934.jpg

This is not a political post, only showing what the vote was for the bill that passed for Sierah's law from above link screenshot .

How soon after the judge makes his ruling on the case before JW is sent away?

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/W...ne-last-plea-to-spare-his-life-479885903.html

Posted: Mon 12:10 PM, Apr 16, 2018 |
Updated: Mon 12:14 PM, Apr 16, 2018

A Fulton County jury recommended the death penalty for James Worley. This week Judge Jeffrey Robinson will decide if that decision will stand or if the sentence will be changed to life in prison without parole.
A jury convicted Worley of kidnapping Joughin in 2016, killing her and burying her body in a Fulton County corn field.
In that sentencing memorandum filed Friday morning Worley’s attorneys cited a few reasons why Worley’s sentence should be a life sentence.
His lawyers cited Worley’s mental illnesses and disorders. Those were documented by a doctor during the penalty phase of the trial. Those illnesses include ADHD, paranoia and obsessive compulsive traits among other issues.
Worley’s lawyers also cited the cost of a death sentence and proportionality of a death sentence. Those lawyers cited the recent murder trial of Brian Golsby. He’s the man accused of killing Anthony Wayne graduate Reagan Tokes in Columbus. Golsby received a life sentence. Worley’s lawyers requested that same sentence.

Wednesday, April 18th:
*Formal Sentencing (@ 1pm ET) - OH - Sierah Catherine Joughin (20) (July 19, 2016) - James Dean Worley (57) indicted on 2 counts each of aggravated murder, abduction & felonious assault; also with having weapons under a disability, aggravated robbery (dismissed), 4 counts of kidnapping, 1 count each of possessing criminal tools, gross abuse of corpse & tampering with evidence. DP case; (accused of abduction 26 yrs ago, spent 3 yrs in prison). Sierah's BF is nephew of WS member jasrema.
3/27/18: GUILTY of ALL charges!
4/4/18: Jurors unanimous for DEATH! Formal sentencing will be on April 18th.

:judge:

Will not be able to attend court today but will be wearing my shirt. Justice For Sierah. Prayers for her family and friends today.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...are-his-life-before-sentencing-Wednesday.html

Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson will sentence Worley at 1 p.m. Wednesday. He can take the jury’s recommendation of death or impose a lesser sentence of life in prison.

A life sentence for Worley would also be financially beneficial to the state, his attorneys argued, in addition to public safety concerns.

“The public would be protected in that the defendant would never be released from prison; simply put he would die in prison,” Worley’s attorneys wrote. “Further such a sentence would not impose an unnecessary burden on state and/or local government resources. The cost of a death penalty sentence is significantly greater than a sentence of life without parole.”

The prosecution, in its sentencing memorandum, dismissed the defense’s economic argument and said the judge must sentence him to death given the jury’s recommendation and Ohio law.

“If the Court finds, by proof beyond a reasonable doubt, that the aggravating circumstance that Defendant was found guilty of committing outweighs the mitigating factors, the Court is obligated to impose the death sentence,” Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman wrote. “Put simply, the General Assembly has determined that, in such circumstances, there is but one penalty that may be imposed.”

In a document filed Tuesday, Judge Robinson ordered several similar charges merged for sentencing. Worley will be sentenced on one count each of kidnapping, felonious assault, possession of criminal tools, tampering with evidence and having weapons while under disability, and will be sentenced separately on one count of aggravated murder with death penalty specifications.

Thanks Spellz. Got the link open as it states they will carry it live.

Anyone else nervous??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link is showing Courtroom. Not started as of yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back