Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND what other victims were RIDING BIKES when they disappeared....

I could start another possible victims thread, or do you think we should wait til more info comes out? To be classified as a serial killer, one has to be positively linked to 3 or more crimes (Foxfire, could you please post the the reference on that if you have a sec, tia...). So maybe I'll wait, but you guys feel free if you want to, jmo, whatever the mods think. So far there has been no Co firmation by LE on this, al though it's like an elephant in the room. (What a weird typo, no Co. I'm not even going to correct that one, as evidence that Freudian typos do exist).

<BBM for Focus>

Margarita25, the FBI's definition of a serial murderer was changed from 3 victims to only 2 on September 2, 2005..

SERIAL MURDER
FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

In an effort to bridge the gap between the many views of issues related to serial murder, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) hosted a multi-disciplinary Symposium in San Antonio, Texas, on August 29, 2005 through September 2, 2005.
The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

I haven't seen this yet. All I know is that my daughter drives past his house to get home nearly every time she goes to the school. We all do. We live less than five miles away from his house. And how blind to feel safe in my own damn backyard. I am heartbroken, and so so proud of my community. Coming together is what we have done and will continue to do, to get justice for Sierah and her family, and anyone else whose life may have been affected by this .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree. I actually just moved to Toledo from Neapolis/Swanton and have seen first hand the capabilities of the community. It may be small in people and big in space but it is definitely still close in heart.

Agreed. This was sloppy. I hope this points away from someone who has secretly been hurting other women for years -- because if that were the case, I'd think he would be more careful?

I thought/am thinking about this too. An organized vs disorganized killer, and how this is related to their experience killing. But perhaps he just got careless, sloppy, smug...? Foxfire, what are your thoughts on this? (Or anyone else, lol.)

mandyblank2 said:
One of the local news posted that they found evidence of more victims but could not release info on it
Oh - that's terrifying to hear... but WS people already knew this would come to pass... maybe that's why they used those "diggers" last night in the barn - he stashed them in there... :tears:

:welcome6: to WS mandyblank!

any more tidbits would be good!

:wave:

Lets wait on other threads until we have more to go on. I am very anxious to read more about what specifically LE has said to indicate there may be more victims.

I think that's wise tlcya. Maybe until we know more we could make our own files on possible victims rather than posting them here on Ce's thread? I myself have brought up possibilities and now I wish I had waited for more information. For Ce and her family and friends, I hope we can focus on this beautiful life taken so young.

<BBM for Focus>

Margarita25, the FBI's definition of a serial murderer was changed from 3 victims to only 2 on September 2, 2005..

SERIAL MURDER
FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

In an effort to bridge the gap between the many views of issues related to serial murder, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) hosted a multi-disciplinary Symposium in San Antonio, Texas, on August 29, 2005 through September 2, 2005.
The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

&#8226; one or more offenders
&#8226; two or more murdered victims
&#8226; incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
&#8226; the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

Thank you!! Wow, shouldn't I have already known that? Brainfart, I guess. Thank you.

It was on 13ABC. I cannot find the video now.but maybe son of you seen it too. It was a cellphone video from someone at the scene. They stated they found unidentifiable remains and photos of other women missing in the area, past and current. I guess at this point it would be speculation, sorry if I spoke out of turn.

Only thing I have seen about that was not MSM (mainstream media) but local rumour. I'd love to see that video but I have not seen it. I monitor Twitter but have not seen local news broadcasts. Was it on local news, on TV?

I'm sure we will be hearing about that legally soon enough if it's true (about other remains found)...

So I'm going to assume this is still going before a judge on July 27th? correct? or has someone heard any different? Waiting "new" charges on him?

TIA! :seeya:

I am so sorry Sierah has been found deceased she was a lovely young woman with her whole life ahead of her. May she Rest. In. Peace. It is terrible evidence of other victims have been found I hope they can be identified for their families. Everyone's news updates and discussion posts are appreciated.

Do we know if officials will be making anymore statements today or this weekend? I am really curious about the digging at his farm.

Makes sense, thank you. Curious about details of the quitclaim. As others pointed out, he has lived there for many years.

I am curious as well, because it would appear that she (CB) has lived in Florida for quite some time.

(As I mentioned above, I found the Fulton County marriage record for CB. With that information, I was also able to locate multiple local obituary records that state CB and spouse GB are Florida residents. Those records were for CB's family by marriage, so JDW isn't mentioned. But it does corroborate that CB did not live in Ohio at the time she was listed as owner of JDW's property.)

That is when he was only charged w abduction, things will be different now.

In the snippet I heard yesterday from the hearing; POC said something about he cannot make bond until family members can help. Then something about his sister. The audio was really terrible, anyone else able to hear and transcribe?

My mind keeps going back to them wanting tips about a motorcycle and an open faced black helmet, there has to be something to that....

I haven't seen this yet. All I know is that my daughter drives past his house to get home nearly every time she goes to the school. We all do. We live less than five miles away from his house. And how blind to feel safe in my own damn backyard. I am heartbroken, and so so proud of my community. Coming together is what we have done and will continue to do, to get justice for Sierah and her family, and anyone else whose life may have been affected by this .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I know from experience how awful this is for not only the victims and their families in situations like this, but also for people in their communities. It sounds like you guys really did come together well...last night when I was looking for confirmation about the search for today being cancelled, I saw posts from people in the middle of the night who were also trying to find out bc they were planning on going out there to search the next day (today).

Please take relief in knowing this guy is behind bars and you and your daughter are safe, from him at least. The horror and fear is unimaginable when the suspected killer is still at large within the community and a local is suspected. Trust me, I know. You are terrified for yourself and all those around you (as I was mostly for my little students)...you look at everyone, in the grocery store, wonder if it's them...and you wonder if it's someone you might know (that is so horrible to look at people you know and wonder, "could it be them? I will probably have ptsd the rest of my life. Now when I see garbage bags on the side of the road (fairly common it seems, once you're aware of it), my head automatically goes to Jessica, and wondering if there are "body parts" in there. When Jessica's remains were found which were only partial (torso), I was seriously afraid of tripping on other parts that might be out there...the parts which he did not flush down the toilet, were in his crawlspace. He lived right by her. She didn't know him.

%=÷%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member