Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following along on here since the beginning but just finally got posting privileges today. I am so sorry this turned out as it did. Heartbreaking. :(

I just got caught up. I had to go out shortly after learning the news Sierah had been found. Too many posts to thank. My heart is still hurting for all those who loved her. Certain cases grab you a bit more than others. This was one of them.

I've been following along on here since the beginning but just finally got posting privileges today. I am so sorry this turned out as it did. Heartbreaking. :(

Welcome to websleuths Schatz and all new members thanks for joining us and posting.

Liacat, I just saw you joined us here. I'm so so sorry! :(

I'm still curious how the specific motorcycle and helmet fit. Was it the perp? A possible witness? Maybe perp's alleged alibi?

Police probably went door to door asking if anyone saw anything. So probably a neighbor told officers they saw a guy in a motorcycle. Then asked if anyone knows who has a motorcycle in the neighborhood wearing that kind of helmet. I think someone called in a tip, word spreads fast. And once they had a name they ran him into the system and bingo. I'm so glad he was on a motorcycle, IMO no one pays attention to a car.

My mind keeps going back to them wanting tips about a motorcycle and an open faced black helmet, there has to be something to that....

I'll have to try and find it, but somewhere I read that witnesses saw a motorcycle and a vehicle being towed from JDW's property the night before they zero'd in on him. If it wasn't his motorcycle, then where is the rider?

My heart dropped when I didn't see this in the missing forum. This is just awful. RIP Sierah :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh .. I am devastated with the news after checking in ... Prayers are with her family and friends ... May that receive death for taking her life ... No excuse for what he did!!!!!

I can't stop thinking about how exactly the abduction/attack took place from the bike location. If I understand correctly, in just moments (minutes?) he somehow would have either lured her or subdued her to transport her somewhere? And then tossed or placed her bike? I guess I keep thinking that her boyfriend, at least I thought I read, left her on his motorcycle about 100 yards from her house? That's a football field. So somehow he "gets" to her within 100 yards from her driveway and her boyfriend in sight? It was almost a planned thing, not a moment of impulse, right? I mean, if her boyfriend had not ridden along with her back home, JDW would have had more freedom even, so it was almost a foiled attempt by her boyfriend being there..... am I understanding that small but forever life-altering moment correctly?

Or, are people more thinking this wasn't necessarily planned and he happened to maybe drive by her earlier on her bike ride and then go after an opportunity (from his sick perspective) a little later?

I also wanted to go back to the LE report that the area where the bike was found was "disturbed" -- was there also reports of there being evidence of a scuffle there, or would it have been disturbed just by the bike being thrown in there?

No, thats not it at all. I have seen it mentioned several times that the boyfriend left her 100 yards, but that is not correct. You can see it on steelman's map. He left her about 2 MILES from home. He rode halfway with her, they said goodbyes and she continued. She saw several people in that last 2 miles. Her BIKE was found about 100 yards from her driveway. She was almost there when he got her. I hope that clears it up. Whenever anyone says that 100 yard thing, they always go back to questions about the boyfriend, which is SO super unfair, considering what he is already dealing with. Then loss of his lifelong love and guilt of turning around will never leave him.

My heart is so heavy. So far, the details are pretty much exactly what I figured from the beginning. And disgust me more every time I see another situation like this. One thing that struck me was that he spent the same amount in time for the first conviction- the abduction and fracturing of the poor woman' skul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the having firearms as a disabled person. Really? Same time frame? STOP letting these monsters out!!!!!! The police usually do their jobs well. Somehow, the court system lets them back out. Then, the police have to RE-do their jobs and we are all sitting ducks until they are legit caught again. Sierah, you deserved more protection than this. You deserved to ride your bike on that hot summer's day, smiling on your way home for some dinner. This monster had NO right to you! He had no right to be roaming the same street as you. And yet, he lives in air conditioning while he threw you out in a hot field. The irony of it all is sickening.

I will stop. I am fired up over the chances that are given to people who show their monster and the system could care less. What is that quote--- when someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM! A man who is a STRANGER who smashes a girl's bike, hits her in the head, breaks her skull, drags her into his truck and handcuffs her to it- believe him!!!! He is a beast that will never change. This was no lover's quarrel that emotions got out of hand. This was unprovoked extreme violence. A predator. And he was just let loose. Sickening.

Liacat, I just saw you joined us here. I'm so so sorry! :(
Thank you. I'm still just in shock and I found out last night... But if been in shock the entire time.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Her boyfriend has nothing to do with it. He is a hot mess right now. And I can't imagine how he feels inside. Can you imagine ridding half way home with the person you love and turning around half way only to get home and wait for a response about making it home safe?

This is what happened. He got home and waited and waited and nothing. Finally he called her mom to ask if she had made it home safely. That's when the cops were called.

He is blaming himself

He needs to find a psychologist - and fast. He will not be functional living with survivors' guilt the rest of his days. He did not do this to her, and there's nothing he could have done to prevent it.

Allot of people are feeling guilty and thinking "of only I had looked outside" and calculating the minutes and the seconds. And thinking "what would have happened if I walked outside just a few moments earlier."

I was wondering about this early on in the case, if these perps ever think about how someone is going to be looking for this person (victim), I know often one might choose a victim who does not have close family ties, etc...but these "randoms"...I wonder if they kill first, then think, oh crap, or if they just don't care, or it never croses their mind, or if they get a thrill on that aspect alone....just thinking out loud.

Personally, I lean towards many killers being so overwhelmed in their desire to act out (IMO) longtime fantasies that they don't give a rat's bum about what happens next - at the time anyway. It's like they can't stop themselves regardless of the risk. Gabe Gaeta, Adrian Gonzalez, Justin Rector - all acted on impulse when an opportunity arose and then they hid their victims carelessly, like an afterthought. Not only were the victims found quickly but the perps were caught within days. I don't think they were planning to be caught, I believe the impulse was so strong that it obliterated their ability to think into the future.

I also don't believe perps who claim that they ended up murdering their victims out of panic - IOW, they "didn't mean to." I think that's bs and that the plan included murder all along. But that's just my own personal opinion. :mad:

No, thats not it at all. I have seen it mentioned several times that the boyfriend left her 100 yards, but that is not correct. You can see it on steelman's map. He left her about 2 MILES from home. He rode halfway with her, they said goodbyes and she continued. She saw several people in that last 2 miles. Her BIKE was found about 100 yards from her driveway. She was almost there when he got her. I hope that clears it up. Whenever anyone says that 100 yard thing, they always go back to questions about the boyfriend, which is SO super unfair, considering what he is already dealing with. Then loss of his lifelong love and guilt of turning around will never leave him.

My heart is so heavy. So far, the details are pretty much exactly what I figured from the beginning. And disgust me more every time I see another situation like this. One thing that struck me was that he spent the same amount in time for the first conviction- the abduction and fracturing of the poor woman' skul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the having firearms as a disabled person. Really? Same time frame? STOP letting these monsters out!!!!!! The police usually do their jobs well. Somehow, the court system lets them back out. Then, the police have to RE-do their jobs and we are all sitting ducks until they are legit caught again. Sierah, you deserved more protection than this. You deserved to ride your bike on that hot summer's day, smiling on your way home for some dinner. This monster had NO right to you! He had no right to be roaming the same street as you. And yet, he lives in air conditioning while he threw you out in a hot field. The irony of it all is sickening.

I will stop. I am fired up over the chances that are given to people who show their monster and the system could care less. What is that quote--- when someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM! A man who is a STRANGER who smashes a girl's bike, hits her in the head, breaks her skull, drags her into his truck and handcuffs her to it- believe him!!!! He is a beast that will never change. This was no lover's quarrel that emotions got out of hand. This was unprovoked extreme violence. A predator. And he was just let loose. Sickening.

Good Post!!

The timing for this was just perfect. If she had only left her boyfriends a few minutes earlier she would have made it home safely. Unless of coarse he had been stalking her.

Awareness is the key in missing persons cases. Prior to about 2006, the general public did not have access to facebook, twitter, and other social media sites. Combined with crime sleuthing forums, cable TV with 24 hour news cycles, upgrades in cell phones and other internet communication technology.. The world seems to be getting much smaller. Living in the north GA mountains, when I signed in to websleuths on 07/19/2016, in breaking news; missing Sierah-Joughin-20-Fulton-County caught my eye. Atlanta is located in Fulton County and I thought since it is local, maybe I could go help search. It was several pages later when I saw the corn fields that I realized that it was Fulton County, Ohio.. Yes, the world is getting much smaller and I would like to salute your Law Enforcement and community for giving your all in the hopes of bringing Sierah Joughin home safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw