Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, and I watched the Channel 11 broadcast.

When I read about the attempted abduction in 1990, I never saw anything about a screwdriver?

Can someone tweet the reporter and ask for a clarification? She is actively tweeting now ...

Oh CARP, so he abducted another woman on a bike in 1993?!!! The other woman he served time for was in 1990!!

He must have. The lady from 1990 didn't say anything about being stabbed with a screw driver.

Started following this case a couple days ago and unfortunately from prior experience these types of abductions almost never resolve where the victim is found alive. There are a few that have had happy outcomes, but very few, far too few. Probably 99% of the time (my own estimate based on the cases I've followed) the result ends up like Sierah or Chelsea King.

These are typically crimes of opportunity where the victim is alone and vulnerable and the perp sees them out doing their thing (running, walking, hiking, biking) and decides to overpower them. No, you wouldn't think that such a crime would happen so close to one's own home, but here we are and that's just what happened. The problem is being able to identify such a potential danger beforehand.

I'm sure the laws in OH will be considered by those seeking to amend the legislation, which is exactly what needs to happen. Judges can only sentence based on the law, not on their feelings. So the laws need to reflect the gravity of the crimes of abduction with much stiffer penalties. In this case, this perp will never be free again--I'm confident of that. He's being held right now on one charge, but that's just so they could get him behind bars. There will certainly be other charges, including murder. Detectives only have a limited amount of time, per search warrants, to find evidence on/around/in his property, so they have to sift through as much as they possibly can within whatever amount of time a judge gave them.

I think it was a coincidence that the boyfriend and him had motorcycles. Every other house has a motorcycle around here. It may be irrelevant but there was a motorcycle show/swap at the local fairgrounds July 14-17.

I saw there was a Event on July 19th. in Fulton County.

July 19, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ Fulton Street- Wauseon, OH

**Motorcylces -- First Tuesday of the month; **Tractors -- Second Tuesday of the Month; **Super Cruise is every 3rd Tuesday This is the largest cruise in Northwest Ohio and southern Michigan. You don't want to miss out! So cruise your spruced up classic, decked out custom, or banged up beater down to Wauseon, Ohio. It doesn't matter if it's a Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Pontiac, Dodge oreven a foreign vehicle, all are welcome! Don't have a car, truck or motorcycle to show off at cruse night then stop on by and have a look at all the beautiful rides!

I've done a bit of googling, but I've always wondered about the differences in the charges of kidnapping versus abduction. They seem to be used interchangeably in terms of meaning, but does one charge carry heavier weight than the other? All cases seem to be different in how they charge - kidnapping or abduction. Just wondering if there is a fine line between the two and what defines that difference in charges.
In short-in Ohio, the intent of the taking (or the age/mental disability of victim) is the distinguishing factor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just tweeted the reporter (or rather my dog did - don't ask!) asking for clarification. I'll let you all know if she responds.

Thank you Elle*Bee, the reporter removed the tweet. She meant to say 1990, not 1993.

And unfortunately, this is how the rumor mill gets to churning. I'm sure there are civilian employees around who could take care of that.

It's a pretty jarring picture, regardless :(
I don't think I've ever followed a case (and I've followed a lot) where there hasn't been multiple rumors/speculation/made up evidence/you name it.

Rumors spread ever faster due to the Internet and all the ways people communicate. It would be overwhelming for any law enforcement group to try and stop that--they wouldn't be able to, and they'd spend all their resources trying to instead of solving cases. Their focus is on finding evidence, securing the evidence, and making sure evidence gets to the right agencies for appropriate testing. It's their case, along with the DA's office, on behalf of the state, and protecting the sanctity and integrity of the case so the case can eventually be successfully litigated, is their ultimate goal. As frustrating as it is, as a case follower, I support those efforts because it's vital the 'bad guy/gal' be taken off the streets and kept off the streets.

A curious public will most certainly not be assuaged, as there won't be much information released prior to trial. There may be some snippets of information released here and there. The family will be kept informed, but not the general public, and not to the detail level that will (hopefully) be revealed in court.

'A rumor can go around the world before the Truth can get through TSA'...
The link was lost with my baggage..

Isn't that the truth!! Thanks for your reply to my other post re; serial killers Foxfire.

Ok, the reporter misstated the date, there was no 1993 attempted abduction.

Channel 11 is going to do a report on why charges were dismissed in 1990. That must have been her way of a segway into the story, gone wrong.

he committed his offense in 1990 in july, same as this year.

In regards to Jill Behrman...can anyone find out the dates that JDW was in prison? I know it was 2000-2002 or 3. If he was in prison May 2000..he is not good for Behrman case. did google where she was taken and it is lonely, isolated country road. Eerie.

In Ohio in the 1980's the sentence for Gross Sexual Imposition (sexual contact w under 13) was 3-10 years.

Today in Ohio the maximum is 2 years.

SOmething is very wrong in Ohio

he committed his offense in 1990 in july, same as this year.

Yes I know it was 1990 regarding the kidnapping...but he also served time for drugs or something and he started serving that time in 2000 and was released in 2002. I'm trying to find when he entered prison that time to either rule in or out from Jill B. case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne