Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw him once at a local business. He was quiet, but shifty-eyed; like a paranoid person is. I had no interaction. I know three people who have interacted with him, but nothing of importance, and i don't want to be a spreader of rumors. He is about my size and age.

I hope they liquidate everything Worley owns in order to pay his attorney fees. Making the taxpayers foot his legal bills is just another slap in the face.

Put Momma in a nursing home and sell the family farm to the highest bidder.....or the lowest bidder..........either way is fine.

The realtor may need to fill in some holes around the property before any prospective buyers inspect it, and good luck with any disclosure statements.

The county can buy it then burn it to the ground.

If Shaffer is not death penalty qualified..perhaps they are just using him to do the prelims? and someone else will be appointed that is qualified. I believe that does happen.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/W...-Sierah-Joughin-on-its-website-388211582.html

Walker Funeral Homes posts obituary for Sierah Joughin on its website

Sierah Joughin Obituary :rose:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/to...catherine-joughin-ce&pid=180780716&fhid=15375

Sierah "Ce" Catherine Joughin was born February 11, 1996 in Sylvania, Ohio. A graduate of Evergreen High School, Sierah was entering into her junior year at the University of Toledo where she was a member of the business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi. She played volleyball throughout high school and also intramural at UT. She was serving an internship at ICE Industries where she planned to work in human resource management after graduating. She was appreciative of every opportunity presented to her and made the most of them.

Sierah was full of life and had a great sense of humor. She enjoyed traveling, especially her trip throughout Italy. She loved both country and city living and had a deep love for horses. Sierah's family and their traditions were very important to her and she treasured spending time together at Coldwater Lake.

Sierah is survived by her mother, Sheila (Matt) Vaculik; father, Tom (Darcy) Joughin; sister, Kayla Joughin; brother, Carson Joughin; brother, Hunter Vaculik; sister, Avah Vaculik; grandparents, Pete and Cathy Shaffer, Cleantha Joughin, and Mike and Linda Klute; aunts and uncles, Tara and Howard Ice, Zack and Cathy Shaffer, Dan and Carrie Joughin, Bill Joughin, and Shana Joughin. She was preceded in death by uncle, Richard Joughin; and grandfather, Ward Joughin.

Visitation will be from 2:00-9:00 p.m. on Thursday in the Walker Funeral Home, 5155 Sylvania Ave. (west of Corey Rd.). Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 29, 2016 at Christ the Word Church, 3100 Murd Rd. (at Central Ave.), Sylvania. Private Interment will take place at Amboy Township Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, contributions are suggested to the Sierah Joughin Memorial Scholarship Fund c/o the Toledo Community Foundation, 300 Madison Ave. Suite 1300, Toledo, OH 43604.

:rose:

According to the Fulton County Court records, JW is charged under Ohio Revised Code section 2905.02, abduction. ORC 2905.01 is the kidnapping section. I haven't seen "aggravated kidnapping" in his charges online.

I was referencing the article that said his charges are aggravated kidnapping, but I could not find that in the ORC either. I can't really make heads or tails of the difference between kidnapping and abduction in the ORC, but his charge as screen shotted is abduction for tomorrow's prelim. I think it was a media/news article that stated aggravated abduction and may have been an error.
In MI we have a parental kidnapping charge, but I don't see that in the kidnapping section of the ORC, so I'm not sure exactly how to read the ORC since now I'm more familiar with the MRC.

I saw him once at a local business. He was quiet, but shifty-eyed; like a paranoid person is. I had no interaction. I know three people who have interacted with him, but nothing of importance, and i don't want to be a spreader of rumors. He is about my size and age.

are you in the area or out of Ohio Deltucky? If you don't mind me asking.

Wasn't Lyric Cook and her friend abducted off their bikes and found in rural area also?

Yes. Iowa. Heartbreaking case that hasn't been solved. By the way, it's only about a 7 to 8 hour drive for JDW. :(

I guess i took an interest in this sort of thing because of the Janean Brown murder, very near my childhood home.
There was a show on the ID channel a couple weeks ago about that. I remember my family talking about that because my old neighbor was always rumored to have been involved.

In cases that may require a decent degree of legal acumen and more exposure to a wide range of cases, a regular public defender may not fit the bill as an "able defense." I am sure that the state (i.e. the courts who have appointed an outsider) would rather err on the side of "he knows a little more" than "let's just throw any old public defender at him." Given that he already overstepped a line by requesting a particular public defender, I don't know who would have been able to represent him out of the PD's office (I imagine that the office is very very small). A defendant's inability to access able counsel is a technicality that I wouldn't want to see overturn a conviction in this case. I assume that Ohio feels the same.
There is no PD office. There are various attorneys who are on a list, and rotate assignments.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Something just struck me, and maybe I just don't understand... Help a girl out.

The article says he was appointed Shaffer. But Shaffer is in private practice, yes? How does that work?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
This should be answered by my previous post, I hope.

This is a common pleas jurisdiction case, which should be handled by a the common pleas judge, not the eastern or western district judges. I don't think his trial is likely to happen here, as his counsel will probably argue that he won't get a fair jury from the community. While they can deny this, it will bring up another issue on appeal, which prosecution really wouldn't want. But we shall see.

That's one of just a couple people who were suspected.

Can anybody talk me through the process of posting pics. I do it on ebay, and have for years. I just don't understand the "too large" thing.

Can anybody talk me through the process of posting pics. I do it on ebay, and have for years. I just don't understand the "too large" thing.

Can you make a "generic" (for your privacy) photobucket account or something similar and post a link to the photo? Not sure if a link that would work on here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in post #475, I posted the Rule 20 certified lawyers in Ohio. Shaffer is not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member