Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What year was it that began the DNA -taking for all people entering prison? does anyone know?

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/FBI/a0632/laws.htm

FBI CODIS - Combined DNA Index System

DNA Identification Act of 1994

The DNA Identification Act of 1994 authorized the establishment of a national index of: (1) DNA identification records of persons convicted of crimes, (2) analyses of DNA samples recovered from crime scenes, and (3) analyses of DNA samples recovered from unidentified human remains.

In addition, it specified several standards for those laboratories that contribute profiles to the national index system, including proficiency testing requirements for DNA analysts and privacy protection standards related to the information in the national index system.

Good God..look what Clark County Ohio has going on. This is a hop and a skip drive (couple hours maybe) I have been thru there several times. That I recall..20 years ago, this was a rural county made up of little cities and townships.

http://www.clarkcountyohio.gov/index.aspx?NID=222

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/FBI/a0632/laws.htm

FBI CODIS - Combined DNA Index System

DNA Identification Act of 1994

The DNA Identification Act of 1994 authorized the establishment of a national index of: (1) DNA identification records of persons convicted of crimes, (2) analyses of DNA samples recovered from crime scenes, and (3) analyses of DNA samples recovered from unidentified human remains.

In addition, it specified several standards for those laboratories that contribute profiles to the national index system, including proficiency testing requirements for DNA analysts and privacy protection standards related to the information in the national index system.

Thanks Fox..so does this mean in 1994 they were taking DNA samples of prisoners? Then El Diablo's DNA would have been in the system, with his drug arrest/time served

Family friend I wonder?

Some possibilities:
did he represent JDW's sister in a divorce?
did he represent the family/farm/property in some type of estate planning/transition?
did he represent the family in some of the parents' legal/financial affairs in order to set up trusts/finances for JDW while/before/after prison? (maybe to protect the property asset due to his criminal behavior?)
....just some thoughts..... I just have a gut feeling that they know each other through legal matters......

Thank you! Sorry about the skibidoo lol. There's no way LE cannot be looking at him for these 2 women. There is an article out there, I will try to find that states in the Lori Hill murder, the DNA had been corrupted

If it helps at all, I've typed "skippydoo" more times than not. It's a fun nick, no matter how it's typed ;)

Thanks Fox..so does this mean in 1994 they were taking DNA samples of prisoners? Then El Diablo's DNA would have been in the system, with his drug arrest/time served
It doesn't look like Ohio started until 1997. And it wasn't until 2011 that they required all felons to submit DNA. Unless I'm reading wrong.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2901.07

Justice for Sierah Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/917637451696707/

(now my tears are here....been holding it in for days now. I am comforted by seeing what a great community she lived in and how loved she is)

We are a small rural community that unites when something happens. Some may not get along but we would do anything for the ones that need it most. It's been great hearing the wonderful stories on how she smiled often and made those around her smile.

Justice for Sierah Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/917637451696707/

(now my tears are here....been holding it in for days now. I am comforted by seeing what a great community she lived in and how loved she is)
This link is the FB page that used to be named "Bring Seirah home" when they found her body they switched it to the Justice name.
Our moderator KayElJay, said we could not link that page here because it links back to a private person and not an administrator.
Can you maybe alert a mod and see if thisnhas changed?
It will save them clean up time if its not allowed..

so...in a perfect world, his DNA would be on record because he was in prison in 2011?
I don't recall him being incarcerated in 2011, did I miss something? Wasn't it 2000?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't recall him being incarcerated in 2011, did I miss something? Wasn't it 2000?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My mind is really foggy...when did he serve time for the drug charges? I thought it 2010-2012...?? Lord..

I can find practically zip on Crystal Proctor that was found in cornfield in Clark County in 1997. This is so sad that someone is thrown away and there is very little to suggest she was ever here.

As far as his signature goes...

http://www.writechoice.co.in/writechoice/2009/06/signatures/

Trace-back Signature
A lot of people I met have this signature. From the last stroke, they go backward — from right to left — and draw the underline without lifting the pen. In most cases, the underline stroke does not return to its originating point and usually ends on the left side In signature analysis, this is called trace-back signature.
According to graphology, such writers never come out of their past and most of the time. They run in reverse gear. They think too much about past matters and that the days gone-by occupy more space in their mind. They fail to let go of something that was good or bad in the past.

Ah, Jashrema! That was the piece that made me post that link.... The back stroke, as well as the harsh angle on the y. I know nothing of handwriting analysis, but for some reason that 'y' jumped out and bothered me. Thank you!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It doesn't look like Ohio started until 1997. And it wasn't until 2011 that they required all felons to submit DNA. Unless I'm reading wrong.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2901.07

I'm not sure what the code says but I know I worked in the prison system when they did the mass DNA testing. They made every single inmate incarcerated submit to a DNA test. Let me tell you, some were really afraid of what could come next. That was no later than 2003. I see in JW's Journal Entry his motion for Judicial Release was denied 7/8/2003 which means he was incarcerated at the very least until then. My guess is he was part of that mass testing in the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction in the early 2000's. Plus, with a weapons under disability charge, he could have been under some sort of supervision upon release. They would also require him to submit a sample if he hadn't done so already.

Hello all,

I did not know Sierah personally, however I have been following her case and this thread closely since the beginning, as I have a connection with her through friends and family. I am not from the area, but I have spent quite a bit of time there. My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by her passing. I have heard many stories about what a remarkable person she was.

Everyone here at WS has provided valuable insight into Sierah's case, and your logic and intuition has opened the door for new leads; both in this case, as well as past and future cases.

Sierah's passing and the details involving her disappearance and discovery have lead me to do my own research on other missing persons and cold cases in the area. I have compiled a list of these cases, and continue to research them. I know that a mod had posted previously that we should not post such findings here, and that when more details were released, a new thread would be started. I will respect that request, however I would encourage everyone following this case to visit CharleyProject.org, which has a list of missing persons in each state, along with a detailed synopsis of their disappearance. There are quite a few that I have found that may be relevant, such as similar scenarios, dates, etc. I believe someone else had already posted a link to view cold case homicides in Ohio. I used the same source in addition to my own, and did not find anything of relevance other than what was listed there.

As for the perpetrator, I have also done extensive research and haven't been able to come up with anything that hasn't been discussed here already. No information on relatives, business relations, etc. Which may, in itself, speak volumes.

Keep up the good work sleuths! I will certainly continue to follow, as I would love to see this through to the end. Certainly for Sierah, but also for any other families that may have been affected by similar tragedies.

I'm not sure what the code says but I know I worked in the prison system when they did the mass DNA testing. They made every single inmate incarcerated submit to a DNA test. Let me tell you, some were really afraid of what could come next. That was no later than 2003. I see in JW's Journal Entry his motion for Judicial Release was denied 7/8/2003 which means he was incarcerated at the very least until then. My guess is he was part of that mass testing in the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction in the early 2000's. Plus, with a weapons under disability charge, he could have been under some sort of supervision upon release. They would also require him to submit a sample if he hadn't done so already.

Check out how the Chelsea Bruck case was solved:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20160727/heres-how-theft-yielded-crucial-clue-in-chelsea-bruck-case

Here's how a theft yielded a crucial clue in Chelsea Bruck case
A new law allows DNA to be taken from anyone arrested in a felony. Without that law, “he'd still be out there walking around,” Monroe County Prosecutor William Paul Nichols said about a suspect who has been arrested in the Chelsea Bruck murder investigation.

<snipped - read more>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members