Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out how the Chelsea Bruck case was solved:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20160727/heres-how-theft-yielded-crucial-clue-in-chelsea-bruck-case

Here's how a theft yielded a crucial clue in Chelsea Bruck case
A new law allows DNA to be taken from anyone arrested in a felony. Without that law, “he'd still be out there walking around,” Monroe County Prosecutor William Paul Nichols said about a suspect who has been arrested in the Chelsea Bruck murder investigation.

<snipped - read more>

Nice article ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the code says but I know I worked in the prison system when they did the mass DNA testing. They made every single inmate incarcerated submit to a DNA test. Let me tell you, some were really afraid of what could come next. That was no later than 2003. I see in JW's Journal Entry his motion for Judicial Release was denied 7/8/2003 which means he was incarcerated at the very least until then. My guess is he was part of that mass testing in the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction in the early 2000's. Plus, with a weapons under disability charge, he could have been under some sort of supervision upon release. They would also require him to submit a sample if he hadn't done so already.

Thank you ! This may be easier than we think with DNA on record now. Idk about cold cases with no DNA tho.

Right now we have 19 members and 29 guests viewing Sierah's thread. If your a guest, please consider signing up with Websleuths and joining in the conversation! :greetings:

Hate to be a party pooper but maybe they didn't have DNA from him when he was released in September 2002?

This gave me chills......

That was a good find Starry! We know nothing of who she was, where she was going, last place seen..that just doesn't seem right. Was she involved in prostitutionor drugs and somebody nobody looked to hard for?

Hate to be a party pooper but maybe they didn't have DNA from him when he was released in September 2002?

That's a fear. Personally since the Sheriff said it was "good old fashioned police work" I reason that things happened so fast because the bike was processed quickly as everything was expedited and they pulled a fingerprint.

Is LE still at Worley's home? Also, several tweets today mentioned that Worley made comments to reporters at the hearing today, but I've not been able to find any video?

..he didn't say much at all.

..there's a short clip here, of the monster in court today, as well as when he was taken back out and the reporters were trying to ask him questions.

http://www.foxwilmington.com/story/...n-facing-murder-charge-in-sierah-joughin-case

--video@link

--snip
Worley remained silent as he was being taken back to jail. His attorney answered as WTOL reporter Steven Jackson asked him the following questions:
SJ: "Did you kill her?
Attorney: "No comment."

SJ: "Mr. Worley, what happened to her?
Attorney: "No comment."

http://nbc24.com/news/local/man-held-for-sierah-joughins-murder-waives-right-to-preliminary-hearing

--snip
Worley spoke exclusively to NBC 24 outside the courtroom on Wednesday.
When asked if he killed Sierah Joughin, Worley said he didn't do it.
When asked if he wanted to say anything to Joughin's family, Worley replied, "No, thank you."

That was a good find Starry! We know nothing of who she was, where she was going, last place seen..that just doesn't seem right. Was she involved in prostitutionor drugs and somebody nobody looked to hard for?

I wonder if the lady who wrote that piece knows anything or can find out? But then again-she may not want to be contacted about it....I don't know.

I agree though jashrema-it is sorta sad there is scant information about Crystal.

For those asking about Crystal Proctor I found the following:
[h=2]Crystal E. Proctor: PRELIMINARY AUTOPSY RESULTS SHED NO LIGHT ON WHAT KILLED DAYTON WOMAN[/h]
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - Initial autopsy results do not reveal what caused the death of a Dayton woman whose body was found Sunday in rural Clark County, the sheriff's department said yesterday.

Investigators hope that lab tests still being conducted will reveal what killed 20-year-old Crystal E. Proctor.

She had no wounds or injuries, and blood found in her hair is believed to have been from a nose bleed, said Lt. Pat Sullivan.

The case is being investigated as a homicide.

Her body was found about 11:50 a.m. Sunday by a motorist at a pull-off site along Osborne Road. The area is secluded and is known locally as a place to park, Sullivan said.

"Since this has been out we have had lots of calls from people saying they saw a car parked there, which is common," he said.

Sullivan said Proctor disappeared late Saturday or early Sunday. She had gone from one sister's home to another sister's home, where she apparently changed clothes. Her car was found at the second sister's home.

"She wasn't the type of person anyone could just pick up," Sullivan said. "She would not go out with just anybody. If she went anywhere, she went with her friends."

Columbus Dispatch, The (OH) - Tuesday, July 29, 1997

For those asking about Crystal Proctor I found the following:
[h=2]Crystal E. Proctor: PRELIMINARY AUTOPSY RESULTS SHED NO LIGHT ON WHAT KILLED DAYTON WOMAN[/h]
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - Initial autopsy results do not reveal what caused the death of a Dayton woman whose body was found Sunday in rural Clark County, the sheriff's department said yesterday.

Investigators hope that lab tests still being conducted will reveal what killed 20-year-old Crystal E. Proctor.

She had no wounds or injuries, and blood found in her hair is believed to have been from a nose bleed, said Lt. Pat Sullivan.

The case is being investigated as a homicide.

Her body was found about 11:50 a.m. Sunday by a motorist at a pull-off site along Osborne Road. The area is secluded and is known locally as a place to park, Sullivan said.

"Since this has been out we have had lots of calls from people saying they saw a car parked there, which is common," he said.

Sullivan said Proctor disappeared late Saturday or early Sunday. She had gone from one sister's home to another sister's home, where she apparently changed clothes. Her car was found at the second sister's home.

"She wasn't the type of person anyone could just pick up," Sullivan said. "She would not go out with just anybody. If she went anywhere, she went with her friends."

Columbus Dispatch, The (OH) - Tuesday, July 29, 1997

Great find Gardener1850!

Unfortunately that's all I could find. I have access to newspaper obituaries and she didn't have one or at least it's not in the database. Just one line announcing the funeral:

PROCTOR, Crystal E., 20, of Dayton, Sunday. Services 2 p.m. Thursday. (Terebinski, Butler Twp)
Dayton Daily News (OH) - Tuesday, July 29, 1997

That's a fear. Personally since the Sheriff said it was "good old fashioned police work" I reason that things happened so fast because the bike was processed quickly as everything was expedited and they pulled a fingerprint.
Let me preface this with I hope it does not come across as argumentative, and understand you are a Verified Member.

I have been under the impression that latent fingerprint analysis usually takes several days or even weeks. Can we safely assume that JDW fingerprints were in fact pulled from the found bike? Is this how they narrowed in on JDW?

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

Granted these are 6 years old, maybe someone has more current stats.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was doing some pretty deep digging yesterday & day before and found the Lincoln street location in Swanton. It's a plat map with 2 different locations (you have to open the pdf file and then run a search for WORLEY to find the two locations). One on county rd 6 and the other in Swanton. Direct link is here: http://www.fultoncountyoh.com/DocumentCenter/View/1414 I had to do a layover from google maps to see exact what street that is but it's definitely Lincoln. That said, I also discovered Worley is a VERY common surname in Ohio (much more common than I'd have guessed and it may or may not be the same person) so I don't know for a fact it's actually JD Worley.

I don't want to jump the gun but it sure does seem like this is good for much more than just Ciera's demise (and RG's nightmare).

rsbm

bbm - For what it's worth, Intelius lists seven "James D Worley" in Ohio, one of which is our perp.

https://www.intelius.com/search/people/James-D-Worley/OH?filterAge=&filterCity=&filterbutton=Filter

I wonder if the lady who wrote that piece knows anything or can find out? But then again-she may not want to be contacted about it....I don't know.

I agree though jashrema-it is sorta sad there is scant information about Crystal.

"Seems fitting"...

Below is an analogy shared by Janice Smolinski; a Mother of a missing/murder victim; Billy Smolinski(CT). Her shattered crystal vase analogy is to stress the importance of communication/awareness among investigative agencies. Imo, sharing info with the public via the MS Media is also very critical to overcome jurisdictional linkage blindness in missing/murdered person's investigations.

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/402

Shattered Crystal Vase Theory

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces. Each shard of glass represents a clue into who killed Billy on August 24th, 2004. When patched together the vase reveals the gruesome truth of who murdered Billy, and why. The vase points to the spot Billy is buried in the Naugatuck Valley.

In the best of circumstances it would take a master craftsman to cobble that broken vase back together, but what if the glass is left on the floor for weeks, for months, for seven years? Glass gets kicked around into the living room, the dining room and gets jammed into the rubber soles of your shoes and is transported into the yard, into town, and across state borders. You send investigators into each room to collect glass, but shockingly they refuse to share what they gather with the other investigators. With ego and selfishness erupting all around you, what are the chances of ever getting that vase glued back together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne