Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadoobs, poke me when you have that list finished. I started a map, I'll add locations as we go

Will do Sunshine! It's going to start out pretty broad and we will have to whittle it down. The # of missing women in Ohio is incredible.

He's starting to sound a bit like Kibby - AH abductor. Kibby used tasers and other awful things. Kept AH on his property too.

Originally Posted by steelman View Post
I was out of the loop all day yesterday due to work requirements, and it was only when I was sitting at my bar eating some dinner at 10:30 last night that I read about there being a possible serial predator in Ohio. Of course before I even clicked on the article I had a pretty good idea who the person named was likely to be. Sure enough, it was Worley.

With it being so late and with another busy work day looming, I opted to head off to bed and try to play catch up this morning. I've scanned through the thread from yesterday and read the search warrant and associated MSM articles. As so many people have suspected, this wasn't Worley's first rodeo. That dungeon of horrors they found at his home wasn't a recent remodel job he did just for Sierah. Matter of fact, it seems as if Sierah's abduction and kidnapping was pretty much a spur of the moment event. A crime of opportunity orchestrated by a predator that had done this kind of thing before and been successful at it.

I was glad to read that Worley had sustained some pretty significant injuries in the ordeal, at least Sierah got in a few good licks along the way. As bad as the ordeal was that Sierah was subjected to, it may pale in comparison to what some of Worley's other victims endured. It appears that he had things set up to hold his captives for long periods of time. I think it's almost a certainty that he has many more victims out there, most of which probably aren't alive to tell their tale.

He learned from his mistakes in the 1990 abduction, where his victim managed to both escape and testify against him. Websleuths might as well go ahead and open up a new thread entitled, "Known and potential victims of serial killer James Worley". I suspect he's been on a 20 year abduction and killing spree, or at least as long as he's been on that property and had access to that barn.

He told a court mandated therapist somewhere between 1990 and 1993 that he learned from each abduction, and that he would bury the next one.
Consider adding 20 years to your estimate. He's been abducting and killing for a long, long time.

I agree Kadoober, four decades, likely crossing the threshold from fantasy to dark reality of deviant behavior during adolescence, as have the many before him. Juvenile criminal records and any psychiatric evaluations and treatments prior to his 1990 revelations would have been sealed.. JDW would have likely had severe disciplinary issues at an very early age at home, school, and possibly with the legal system beginning with misdemeanors or other minor infractions, possible arson and animal abuse... then graduating to much more serious violent crimes over time, imo. During this progression, he would have come to the realization that he was wired different than others, void of a soul, while lacking empathy for others. This is the pattern of behavior found in the early life of many, if not most sexual predators and serial killers in training..jmo

JDW would have spent the next 4 decades learning, and establishing his rules of prey, while honing his skills of sadistic deviant behavior..jmo

I agree Kadoober, four decades, likely crossing the threshold from fantasy to dark reality of deviant behavior during adolescence, as have the many before him. Juvenile criminal records and any psychiatric evaluations and treatments prior to his 1990 revelations would have been sealed.. JDW would have likely had severe disciplinary issues at an very early age at home, school, and possibly with the legal system beginning with misdemeanors or other minor infractions, possible arson and animal abuse... then graduating to much more serious violent crimes over time, imo. During this progression, he would have come to the realization that he was wired different than others, void of the emotion of empathy. This is the pattern of behavior found in the early life of many, if not most sexual predators and serial killers in training..jmo

JDW would have spent the next 4 decades learning, and establishing his rules of prey, while honing his skills

Foxfire... do you think I should be including men and children on my list of potential victims?
I find it unlikely, I'm thinking he likes women, probably 14-35 in age. But I defer to you!

Chandra Levy's Mom 'in Shock' After Judge Drops Charges in 2001 Murder of Washington, D.C. Intern

The United States attorney's office in Washington announced on Thursday that it was dropping charges against Ingmar Guandique, an undocumented immigrant from El Salvador, who was convicted in 2010 of killing the 24-year-old intern. Guandique was sentenced to 60 years in prison for the murder, but was granted a new trial last year after the credibility of a main witness in the trial was called into question.

"Today, in the interests of justice and based on recent unforeseen developments that were investigated over the past week, the office moved to dismiss the case charging Ingmar Guandique with the May 2001 murder of Chandra Levy. The office has concluded that it can no longer prove the murder case against Mr. Guandique beyond a reasonable doubt," the U.S. attorney's office said in a statement

Not a case I'm familiar with but interesting BBM. CL was originally from Cleveland OH but lived and worked and was found in a park in DC?

Chandra Levy was born in Cleveland but raised in Modesto, California. She was an intern at the Federal Bureau of Prisons in DC went she went missing. Her skeletal remains were eventually found in DC's Rock Creek Park. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3104657

The new development is the debunking of a jailhouse confession. https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e-11e6-bbf5-957ad17b4385_story.html?tid=sm_fb

Not tied to JDW, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think it was for animals like dogs for training purposes.

I think you're right that that is what it is meant to be used for, however I doubt Mr Worley used it for it's intended purposes. I truly hope he gets the chance to find out what it is like to be truly bullied in general population.

In the off chance that the shock collar wasn't part of the evil, did he have dogs? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Foxfire... do you think I should be including men and children on my list of potential victims?
I find it unlikely, I'm thinking he likes women, probably 14-35 in age. But I defer to you!

I'm not Foxfire, but I wouldn't rule out children (little girls), jmo.

(ARS attacked an adult female jogger a few months before abducting and murdering little Jessica Ridgeway.)

Yes, it was looked up. The property was originally owned by Sheperd, he married Worley's mother. The mother inherited the property when Sheperd died, and she signed it over to JD in 2013.

There was another owner in between mother and son. Mother sold it in 2004, then that owner sold it to Worley in 2013. No idea who that person is but that's what the records show.

Finding it hard to try to fall asleep tonight, I can't seem to unplug thoughts just keep coming back in my head. I also keep getting reminded recently about my time spent on back roads in Fulton County many different ones over the years when I was doing a little storm chasing and storm spotting for the Skywarn weather Watchers group as I am a trained storm spotter. I also would go almost every night for a long period of time to take pictures at sunset ..several times I encountered strange people including one very creepy one that parked a little ways down the road from me and stopped in the middle of the road just watched me take pictures of the sky. I was actually talking to a friend on the phone a few moments later and he recalled the conversation we had that day and how scared I felt at that time and I'm seriously wondering if that could have been JDW that night. I'm trying to find time to go through all those old pictures and videos I took then to see if I got a picture of that vehicle to see if it's was a known vehicle of his at the time. It just chills me to the Bones to think I was that close to possibly encountering him and someone told me that they won't be surprised if I was mentioned in one of his journals, if he really was keeping disgusting timeline track of certain women he was taking note of their routines of when and where they were because I was very predictable being there during Sunset hours .but anyways I just once again want to extend my heartfelt sympathies to the family and friends and loved ones of the Sierah Joughin's Family and to the law enforcement who had to see things they wish they never had . I can't even begin to imagine and my heart just breaks for all of you and there's just no words left to try to convey all the feelings and emotions I have about this. Sorry I am rambling and tor the long run on sentences. I'm exhausted .

I've had a similar experience, BoggLed in Ohio.

I had an unsettling encounter on my Virginia college campus years ago with a soft-spoken young black man (boy?) whom I did not recognize as a student at that small school.

An article I read about JLM 's encounters with women in Charlottesville the night of Hannah Graham's abduction stated, "After one of the women slipped off the boots she was wearing, LJ unexpectedly pulled off her socks, saying he wanted to see her toes." (http://insidecville.com/blog/ljs-timeline/)

Chills. Trembling.

When I was a college student, I was walking back from the library one night at about 10 o'clock. I stopped at the student center to check for mail, and the boy, who was wearing mustard-yellow sweats, followed me in and said something too quiet for me to hear. He left, and I did soon after, once I thought he'd be gone.

He wound up behind me somehow as I continued my walk to my dorm, approached me, and asked me to remove my shoes so he could see my toes.

I was shy and naïve and taken aback, told him no, and continued on my way. When I looked back to see if he was following me, I saw him approach another female student and ask to see her toes.

The encounter was so unsettling and he was so out of place on campus, but I talked myself out of reporting it to campus police. (Marching in there and declaring that a strange boy had just asked to see my toes? I thought I'd be rebuffed as silly or overreactive.)

Instead, I returned to my dorm in tears, feeling violated and no longer safe on that campus. I'd been carrying an apple and heaved it at the wall in anger. It splattered everywhere.

JLM would have been in his teens then, but given his height and size now, perhaps he was bigger than the typical pre-teen and was just beginning to act on his urges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

My second thing: We have heard nothing about a computer or internet activity right? I can't believe he didn't escalate to that avenue in his career of horror. His phone perhaps provided enough access to websites for creeps, to research ideas and other MO's, etc. But I picture him as he leads up to needing real life horror fulfillment, he's sitting in the dark, smoking a cig, searching online, getting what small fix he can as his desire/etc wells up for the next time he will act out.

My third thing: why did the prosecutor release the search warrants? Did he HAVE to by law? Did the judge not have the authority to seal them? What's the story there?

That's all for now. I'm taking notes of these topics as they come up for me while at work and will post more later, I'm sure. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on these things.

The search warrants were initially sealed by the judge on a motion from the prosecutor.

The Blade (and ABC 13) filed a motion to present arguments against the seal on Tuesday, July 27:

Fulton County Common Pleas Judge James Barber on Tuesday denied public access to all search warrants, affidavits, and search warrant returns related to the investigation in response to a motion by Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman.

The Blade&#8217;s motion was filed in Fulton County Common Pleas Court and states in part: &#8221;The grounds for this motion are that, in absence of case-specific and evidence-based findings that support a sealing order, the movant has a right under the United States and Ohio Constitutions, Ohio&#8217;s public records law, and the common law be given access to some or all of these materials.&#8221;

A hearing has been scheduled for 2 p.m. Thursday.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...f-court-documents-in-Sierah-Joughin-case.html

The search warrants were released by Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman today.

The Blade filed a motion Wednesday seeking a hearing after a judge issued an order Tuesday saying the records would not be released to the public. A hearing on the matter had been scheduled for today. A Blade reporter had attempted to get the records starting on Monday.

Mr. Haselman declined to comment today. Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller did not return a call today. Defense attorney Mark Powers, who was appointed to represent Worley, said he had not seen the search warrants and could not comment on their contents.
http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...idden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

From the following conversation from yesterday between ABC 13 and the editor at the Blade regarding release of the documents, I gather that the prosecutor no longer objected to the Blade's position for reasons that only that office can best clarify.

I suspect that office knew that the Blade was holding the better legal position.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Blade-Briefing-July-28-2016-388593572.html

The public records were then released by the prosecutor's office in accordance with Ohio law on public information.

Updated:
Items found in this case per MSM and warrants published:

journal
receipts
female underwear - one with blood
freezer with carpet in it, locked from outside, rachet around it - blood in it
zip ties for restraints (in truck)
video
hidden cameras, incl nanny cam (one source calls them security cams)
hidden room with bales around it, in barn, locked from outside
restraints in hidden room
mace (in truck)
duct tape at property with Ce and JDW DNA
ski mask (in truck)
rope
firearms, ammo
handcuffs
Multiple video and still image recording devices and film
clothing and jewelry from several locations on the property
shock collar

There was another owner in between mother and son. Mother sold it in 2004, then that owner sold it to Worley in 2013. No idea who that person is but that's what the records show.

Supposedly that is his sister. I edited my original post to include that.

Both transactions were quick claim exempt deeds with a sale price of zero, so both transaction were "gifts".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx