Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it helps to ease anyone's mind, they could be mistaking a meat hook for a hay hook. We bought property with an old barn and there were several hay hooks in it. (I didn't store them in my closet, we just threw them in a box somewhere. We don't have hay or animals) I've never lived on a farm, so I didn't know what they were.

Jashrema, I am so sorry for this heartache. Like you all haven't suffered enough with this tragedy.

If it helps to ease anyone's mind, they could be mistaking a meat hook for a hay hook. We bought property with an old barn and there were several hay hooks in it. (I didn't store them in my closet, we just threw them in a box somewhere. We don't have hay or animals) I've never lived on a farm, so I didn't know what they were.

Highly agreed. I have used both. Entirely different items, both with very legitimate uses. City people could easily confuse the two.

This is a previous link we have seen are updating, yet the same link. It's been confusing as they sometimes add, and sometimes delete with the same hyperlink and folks here are :confused:

Bless screen shots/cut and paste on computer file to keep us sane and believable on what we see and share?

Anyway.. this latest update for the SAME hyperlink that today deleted info, now has added much new information :moo: on the same link (emoticon= "My Own Opinion" for newbies) but ....

Just one point of difference of a few... It also addresses what some members said earlier about "actionable" notification :)tyou: to those that immediately understood this and posted reasoning ) ....

Updated 8:28 p. m.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/07/28/Investigators-find-hidden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

"Bobbie Celeste, director of professional affairs at the Ohio Psychological Association, said Ohio requires mental health professionals to disclose credible threats made by patients to specific, identifiable victims.

“If the [patient] tells you they’re going to do something harmful to an identified victim, you can break confidentiality and notify the victim or the police,” Dr. Celeste said."

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...idden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

I am here. I have not read or caught up on all the threads since I left this afternoon. I have this to say about the Toledo Blade...

THEY DID NOT NOTIFY THE FAMILIES THAT THIS WAS COMING OUT.

They decided to release this at the time her funeral started? I have no words for that. Completely irresponsible and morally, it was just wrong. NOBODY knew and yet there are 1000 people in line who DID know. Can you imagine that? Can you imagine how they found out? There was no other reason besides "getting the scoop" that that couldn't have waited till at least after today. Tomorrow morning is her service and can you imagine being there now?? The Toledo Blade could have waited OR AT LEAST NOTIFIED the family that this was coming out.

(RSBM)

I am so sorry that this happened this way. Thoughts and wishes for peacefulness.

As a longtime member of the media and a high school journalism teacher, I want to apologize to Sierah's family and friends for what they've had to endure today. I'm not sure how things played out. But here are my concerns. First, the family should have been notified by police about details contained in the documents before the documents were released to the newspaper. But it appears that did not happen. I can only speculate as to why: perhaps it was bad timing. If the judge ordered the documents to be unsealed, there wouldn't have been anything the police could have done to delay their release. With the family attending the service, it was up to the media to make its choice.

And that's where the media dropped the ball. The media SHOULD NOT HAVE RELEASED THE DETAILS OF THE REPORTS until AFTER the family had completed its attendance of Sierah's services. Now, the Blade is going to take the fall since it was the first one to publish the details. But the truth is that one of the news outlets would have published it even if the Blade hadn't. So the Blade was faced with a dilemma. It could be the bad guy by releasing the info first or be the publication that didn't have the scoop. Too often, news editors and publishers make the wrong choice. The paper should have held the story. Professional ethics were not observed. And sometimes doing things for humanity and reasons of compassion and love are more important than business and scooping the other guys. This is not a typical situation and warranted more care and more consideration. Print newspapers are supposed to hold themselves to a high standard. The Toledo Blade newspaper failed and will lose respect and trust. They ought to remember that trust isn't just about whether the public believes a story is true; it's also about whether the public believes in the newspaper's mission. In this case, nobody will defend what they did. They owe the family an apology. And I'm afraid that will be of little use at this point.

It chills my blood that there may be stills of faces released sometime soon :(

"On his property, authorities also found rope, tape, zip ties, handcuffs, several firearms and ammunition. Multiple video and still image recording devices and film were collected, though their contents have not yet been released. They recovered various items and clothing and jewelry from several locations on the property."

I am here. I have not read or caught up on all the threads since I left this afternoon. I have this to say about the Toledo Blade...

They decided to release this at the time her funeral started? I have no words for that. Completely irresponsible and morally, it was just wrong. NOBODY knew and yet there are 1000 people in line who DID know. Can you imagine that? Can you imagine how they found out? There was no other reason besides "getting the scoop" that that couldn't have waited till at least after today. Tomorrow morning is her service and can you imagine being there now?? The Toledo Blade could have waited OR AT LEAST NOTIFIED the family that this was coming out. I am disgusted by them. When I was leaving the funeral home a freaking shiny new COACH BUS pulled up and into the parking lot and all these people got out. WTH is that??
Everyone knew that stood in line to pass by her closed casket with my nephew standing at the head of the casket. Not moving. He didn't leave her. He was protecting her. Everyone knew EXCEPT THEM. Inexcusable.

My hear breaks for you and all that love Sierah. Unfortunately this has happened to my family 2 times over the years. Our funeral directer warned us of the 'circus' and 'sight seers' that would show up. People can be so cruel. Bless all of you.

This is a previous link we have seen are updating, yet the same link. It's been confusing as they sometimes add, and sometimes delete with the same hyperlink and folks here are :confused:

Bless screen shots/cut and paste on computer file to keep us sane and believable on what we see and share?

Anyway.. this latest update for the SAME hyperlink that today deleted info, now has added much new information :moo: on the same link (emoticon= "My Own Opinion" for newbies) but ....

Just one point of difference of a few... It also addresses what some members said earlier about "actionable" notification :)tyou: to those that immediately understood this and posted reasoning ) ....

Updated 8:28 p. m.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...idden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

"Bobbie Celeste, director of professional affairs at the Ohio Psychological Association, said Ohio requires mental health professionals to disclose credible threats made by patients to specific, identifiable victims.

“If the [patient] tells you they’re going to do something harmful to an identified victim, you can break confidentiality and notify the victim or the police,” Dr. Celeste said."

I wonder if it falls into a "gray area" when the patient is an inmate? In his case the therapists would have been employed by the prison, correct? So she would report this to the prison authorities. And then it's up to them what to do with this info.

Someone was talking earlier about how LE found him, and I think he did himself in, IMO. When LE showed up at the door, there were two options for him, the way I'm seeing it. One: they have some idea that he was at the scene, they know he's a convicted felon, and they're waiting for him to incriminate himself with a lie that he wasn't at the scene. Two: they really are just canvassing the neighborhood and don't know anything about him yet (which was possibly the case, as LE was canvassing a very large area, asking about sightings and yard/field cameras). If he had chosen option 2, he would have had time to run. Thank God, he chose option 1, and went ahead and placed himself at the scene since he thought that's what they were expecting. JMO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

(RSBM)

I am so sorry that this happened this way. Thoughts and wishes for peacefulness.
c
I was quite disappointed when the "new details" stories broke. I'm super upset at the idea of the family not being notified of this. The Blade and Channel 13 are both my less favorite news sources. I prefer WTOL Channel 11, they seem to me; to be less sensationalist.

I can't find the words to describe the pain I feel. Pain for Sierah, her parents and family, Josh and his family and all their friends and loved ones. As frightening as these details are to us, I can't begin to imagine the horrors these people are experiencing. I think of what it must be like for her mom or grandparents going to each other's homes and having these memories of what happened to precious Sierah in between one house and the other. I probably couldn't look out my windows, let alone look down the road. How dare he! He has violated all of them! I pray for strength for everyone to take their homes back, their lives back and their futures back. I hope the time comes they can look forward to going to see mom or daughter without this black ugly nightmare overcoming their every thought. I pray for inner peace for all.

RIP Sierah :rose:

I really don't know how LE deals with the evil they see these monsters perpetrate on the victims. Imagine having to watch what they are sure to see. 😥

I agree Knox. Although most well trained Law Enforcement officers have the ability to compartmentalize tragedies. But the darkness that they have encountered over the past nine days would be beyond my comprehension.

Roger L. Depue, Ph.D. Pioneer of the FBI BSU can explain it much better than I ever could...

Founder of The Academy Group, Inc. Retired FBI (21 years). Former Chief of the FBI Behavioral Sciences Unit. Became the first administrator of the FBI's National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime.

'When I was a young man, a friend taught me the ancient art of dowsing, and after a time, I became something of a practitioner myself, finding water underground as a kind of parlor trick for friends. It might seem odd that a man so rooted in grim reality would take an interest in something so ethereal. In fact, I’m fascinated by the unseen forces at play in the lives of human beings.

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.
Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy'...

http://www.academy-group.com/depue.html

They decided to release this at the time her funeral started? I have no words for that. Completely irresponsible and morally, it was just wrong. NOBODY knew and yet there are 1000 people in line who DID know. Can you imagine that? Can you imagine how they found out? There was no other reason besides "getting the scoop" that that couldn't have waited till at least after today. Tomorrow morning is her service and can you imagine being there now?? The Toledo Blade could have waited OR AT LEAST NOTIFIED the family that this was coming out. I am disgusted by them. When I was leaving the funeral home a freaking shiny new COACH BUS pulled up and into the parking lot and all these people got out. WTH is that??
Everyone knew that stood in line to pass by her closed casket with my nephew standing at the head of the casket. Not moving. He didn't leave her. He was protecting her. Everyone knew EXCEPT THEM. Inexcusable.

I wish I could take away all of the pain you and the rest of the family are having to endure. Please take great comfort in the man your nephew is; that he stood guard over his dear Sierah is absolutely sweet and speaks loudly of his character and their love. I am sad such a vibrant woman's life was cut so short, but I am thankful she knew complete love during her time on this earth and it is obvious Josh was a huge part of this for her.

Yes, if they don't know who they are, they have done it before to hopefully get tips from the public. There is a Polaroid in the UID forum now they are trying to identify. And the young boy and girl tied up on FL.

Can they do that? Oh my, I hope that photos and/or videos are not released.

After reading the details for probable cause I had to take a long break. I want to offer support, yet the words are stuck. I cannot fathom anyone having to hear all these details, let alone losing a loved one, and being able to function. I am just so sorry you will have many more months of anxieties to go through still.

My heart hurts, my brain hurts, I am sickened by the evil of people like this man.

Same. You took the words that I have been unable to compose since the heartbreaking update this weekend. I read the "breaking news" today while at work & I cried! I cried when they "found" her, I cried when I read the "details" I cried at work when I had to force quit the window, I cried as I sat under the overpass on my commute home due to Oklahoma storms, I cry as I sit in my lawn chair catching up on what I missed while dealing with everyday life. I've been lurking threads since last summer (Teresa Sievers case [emoji22]) but finally joined Jan of this year. I've shed many tears while reading, but have NEVER followed a MP case from the beginning until now (Sierah & Kaylee) & my perspective of raising my children (all 6 of them) in a small town has FOREVER CHANGED! I commute roughly 900 miles per week to raise them in a small community that everyone knows everyone & everyone looks out for each other & their children. My sister and amazing BIL & perfect nephews (1&2[emoji4]) live less than 3 blocks from me. My kiddos always ask "Can we walk to TT's & watch movies with her & Uncle Monkey?" (I've trained my nephews from the day they were born say "Auntie" & they decided I'm "TT" [emoji849][emoji7] and now my kiddos refer to my sister as such [emoji12]) Unfortunately now, I've gone from relaxed to overprotective in a heartbeat! I'm all "Be careful. Text me when you get there." Then to my sis "Kids are headed your way. Please be looking for them & let me know when they make it!"

Its RIDICULOUS THAT I/WE have to live like this!!! It seriously has me reevaluating the pros & cons of raising my kids in a small community where they are known by name (ON PURPOSE) & sacrificing 22hrs\ wk behind a steering wheel to provide OR moving them closer to my paycheck & going to a LARGE school & being only a "Number on the roster" [emoji22]

All I'm CERTAIN of at this point is, that Sierah IS mourned by those who did not even know her IRL. She is mourned by parents just like me who are desperate for positive female role models exactly like her for our daughters. Her light has taken over my entire being & has affected me from now on. To her family & her fiancé Josh's family, My apologies & condolences can't even come close to provide comfort to you all. BUT, This beautiful princess has impacted my life directly! Thank YOU ALL for raising such anAMAZING HUMAN BEING!!! ❤️[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His first crime was in 1990, and his "counseling" was sometime between 1990-93. So all that is paper records. Even if the counselor did tell someone, you're talking about 2 different counties and 26 years. His first conviction didn't even show up in a search of records. The Blade dug it up.
Fulton County probably never heard any of what he said to the therapist until all this happened.
His marijuana conviction was 14 years ago, half of our deputies probably didn't work here then.
They wouldn't even have known to "watch him".
We're a small community with limited resources. The heroin epidemic has really taken hold out here in the last few years. That has but a strain on all of our LE.

I completely agree, they might have known he was a creep but definitely not that he had confessed to a therapist that he planned to continue killing people and that he would bury them next time. Ugh! I am so angry! So many murders could have been avoided if there was something in place on top of the suggested "sierahs law" violent offender registry. When a convicted violent offender admits they plan to continue (but not in enough detail for LE to do anything) they should have it permanently noted in a file that pops up anytime that person is looked at by LE. If there was such a thing JDW would have gone down when LE were legally able to take action during the marijuana cultivation bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub