Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still not 100% convinced that JDW was on his motorcycle at the time of the abduction, however if he was, didn't SJ have her hair back in a ponytail? He could have pulled her off her bike as he drove up on her.

Another significant comment within the police SW was that there was a bloody palm print found on the helmet. To me this meant he took his helmet off after inflicting some sort of harm to SJ.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have been wondering why, in each of his known abductions, the monster gives a ridiculous explanation and is almost immediately caught. Is there some thing gratifying to him? Does he want to be the naughty bad boy? Why spread items in the cornfield that would link them back to him? Why not wear gloves so his fingerprints are not found? It just seems that he chose to do things near his home and without caution. Stupidity or aging gratification from being caught?

I don't think JDW intended to be caught this time or in the 1990 abduction of RG. In that incident, he was caught red handed because there was a witness. That witness was the guy on the motorcycle who stopped at the scene. RDW did some pretty fast thinking in that case, but his explanation still didn't fly. However, he was successful later in convincing a judge that he was wrongly convicted, and should be paroled early.

In the case of Sierah, I don't think he ever dreamed that LE would be on to him so fast. He just wanted to be an impartial observer, enjoying the fireworks and the fallout from his evil doings. It seems that he had every intention of returning to the scene of the abduction and retrieving the helmet, screwdriver, fuses and cell phone. But the search for Sierah started almost immediately, the clock was against him, and he didn't have the opportunity.

If his DNA wasn't on file at the time he abducted Sierah, it would have been difficult to link the helmet to him, let alone the blood covering the helmet, or his DNA inside it. His fingerprints would have been on file, due to his past criminal record, and he could have been implicated through those, and possibly by his partial palm print on the helmet. The cell phone pings cast suspicion on him, and when combined with just the evidence that we know of, are incriminating. It's too much of a coincidence that, through cell phone pings, it appears that JRW spent a big chunk of time at the scene and in the surrounding area at the time she was missing.

When LE came calling, knocking on doors in his neighborhood, he had a ready excuse. Without even being asked, he "explained away" why his prints might be found on Sierah's bicycle. Further, he freely volunteered, in case there was any doubt, that he didn't steal anything or kill anyone. The statements he made, and his willingness to talk to them, raised the collective "hairs" of LE and gave them the probable cause that they needed. JRW sealed his own fate.

But, all of the above is just my opinion, not based on fact.

That means he dumped the victims elsewhere.

Exactly! His property is surrounded by open fields and tree lines. Plows only go down into the ground about 10-12 inches. And a lot of farmers have switched over to "no-till" farming because of soil erosion. So anything hidden could stay hidden for decades.

That means he dumped the victims elsewhere.
Yep! That's what we're working on, on the other forum. These women spread out all over Ohio. We can connect them.
They need to run his DNA ASAP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Latest info released.
http://www.wtol.com/story/32566857/...rn-of-man-charged-with-sierah-joughins-murder

[FONT=&]But on Tuesday, Aug. 2, a spokesperson for the Attorney General’s office said no other remains have been found on Worley’s property but added that the investigation is ongoing.[/FONT]

Where did it say no more bodies where found? I missed that in the article.

Looks like they edited that article at 7:44 am.
This link has the statement as the headline.

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/db/348523/content/OE3UqiqC

<snipped & BBM for focus>

re: But on Tuesday, Aug. 2, a spokesperson for the Attorney General&#8217;s office said no other remains have been found on Worley&#8217;s property but added that the investigation is ongoing.

Guess, you have to read in between the lines of edits, semantics, and other implications, huh? Wasn't aware that 'any' remains were found on Worley's property during the initial searches... JDW, stated that he learned from his past abductions and would bury his future victims. Seems, his maps with markings on them would likely indicate a good place to begin searching for his burial grounds...jmo

"Silence and misinformation by the Justice System and Law Enforcement via mainstream media is the serial predator's most Lethal Weapon"...."Awareness is the Key in missing/murdered person's investigations"...

I have to ask. Lawyer or paralegal?? Or just darn good??!! You are on it! I appreciate you taking the time to break this down. I took screen shots and I'm going to make a list to ensure I get it all. What do you suggest I say as my reason for the documents??

Updated: An Attorney!! Thank you for adding your experience and knowledge to this forum!![emoji4]

Yes, local attorney. The Lucas county public records request does not require a reason given as to why you want access to these so long as they are not for commercial purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! That's what we're working on, on the other forum. These women spread out all over Ohio. We can connect them.
They need to run his DNA ASAP.

By "other forum" you mean our other thread here on WS? Or another forum altogether?

<snipped & BBM for focus>

re: But on Tuesday, Aug. 2, a spokesperson for the Attorney General’s office said no other remains have been found on Worley’s property but added that the investigation is ongoing.

Guess, you have to read in between the lines of edits, semantics and other implications, huh? Wasn't aware that 'any' remains were found on Worley's property during the initial searches... JDW, stated that he learned from his past abductions and would bury his future victims. Seems, his maps with markings on them would likely indicate a good place to begin searching for his burial grounds...jmo

"Silence and misinformation by the Justice System and Law Enforcement via mainstream media is the serial predator's most Lethal Weapon"...."Awareness is the Key in missing/murdered person's investigations"...

bbm - I was thinking the same. Misleading wording perhaps.

And so I'm at the Maumee Police Station......I hope this venture goes better.....

From the very little I know, FOIA requests have to be filled within 30 days. Which means, it usually takes 30 days. I always had to request case files and reports from the agency creating them. Some files are not considered public information.
There are nine categories of exempt information and each is described below.
Exemption 1: Information that is classified to protect national security.
Exemption 2: Information related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.
Exemption 3: Information that is prohibited from disclosure by another federal law.
Exemption 4: Trade secrets or commercial or financial information that is confidential or privileged.
Exemption 5: Privileged communications within or between agencies, including:

1. Deliberative Process Privilege
  2. Attorney-Work Product Privilege
  3. Attorney-Client Privilege
Exemption 6: Information that, if disclosed, would invade another individual's personal privacy.
Exemption 7: Information compiled for law enforcement purposes that:

• 7(A). Could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings
  • 7(B). Would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication
  • 7(C). Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy
  • 7(D). Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source
  • 7(E). Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions
  • 7(F). Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual
Exemption 8: Information that concerns the supervision of financial institutions.
Exemption 9: Geological information on wells.

https://www.foia.gov/faq.html#what

Do you guys think we could be lucky if we asked the media outlet that mentioned the "150 pages" (I can't remember right now which one it was) if they'd like to share them?

I find that, sometimes, unless confronted with the specific public mandates that require them to give information, personal bias about what should/should not be given tends to influence what you can get out of front-line court clerk employees. Clearly, other entities have been able to secure the information.

Crsr, I don't know what your profession is, but, thank you for sharing some knowledge here and please...consider being a verified professional.

Yes, I am a local attorney and I sent a message to Tricia yesterday asking if she believe I should be a verified professional as I do not necessarily have links to support my knowledge. I haven't heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the very little I know, FOIA requests have to be filled within 30 days. Which means, it usually takes 30 days. I always had to request case files and reports from the agency creating them. Some files are not considered public information.
There are nine categories of exempt information and each is described below.
Exemption 1: Information that is classified to protect national security.
Exemption 2: Information related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.
Exemption 3: Information that is prohibited from disclosure by another federal law.
Exemption 4: Trade secrets or commercial or financial information that is confidential or privileged.
Exemption 5: Privileged communications within or between agencies, including:

1. Deliberative Process Privilege
  2. Attorney-Work Product Privilege
  3. Attorney-Client Privilege
Exemption 6: Information that, if disclosed, would invade another individual's personal privacy.
Exemption 7: Information compiled for law enforcement purposes that:

• 7(A). Could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings
  • 7(B). Would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication
  • 7(C). Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy
  • 7(D). Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source
  • 7(E). Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions
  • 7(F). Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual
Exemption 8: Information that concerns the supervision of financial institutions.
Exemption 9: Geological information on wells.

https://www.foia.gov/faq.html#what
The local attorney we have on here told me specifically what to request, I requested verbatim. The killer part was once I told her it wasn't my records, the first thing she said was, "What's it for? We don't just give out case files on people." Once I told her I know differently, she flipped out! I continued to say those records are public records, she got even louder. I had to literally ask her why she was getting so upset.

Hi again.

I haven’t had much time to follow this over the last few days, and the time I’m using now has been stolen from sleep.

I know that a few people asked me some questions after I posted, but I haven’t been able to keep very good track of them. I apologize for any I may have missed.
One of the questions was about any classic cars JDW may have had. Unfortunately, any knowledge I might have about that would be secondhand, and not usable per the Terms.

Thank you.

I have looked at his trucking company information. What I was talking about was information pertaining to other trucking jobs he may have had, especially what companies he may have worked for prior to starting his own company. As a general rule, one does not obtain a CDL and then apply for authority and start a company. Usually, they drive for someone else first and gain some experience before they strike out on their own.

This seems especially likely considering that everyone is reporting that he transported mobile homes. That is a fairly specialized niche to break into without some other experience beforehand. Now, lots of people around here have CDLs that never worked (or ever will work) a long haul trucking job, but most of them aren’t starting their own trucking companies, either.

As to JDWs MO. In my opinion, it’s likely that if he did indeed kill serially, Sierah’s case may not actually represent his typical MO. Granted, it follows the MO from the first case; at least the abduction part seems to line up, to some extent, which still isn’t entirely determined. Yet, I can’t help but think that his MO had evolved from there and that this might have been more of a nostalgia thing.

For one thing, he went undetected for a very long time between 1990 and 2016. If girls were being snatched off bicycles, it seems like an earlier case may have prompted a similar LE response. Of course, if other potential victims were in other areas, that would make it more unlikely that LE would come across him so quickly, but striking close to home like that would then represent a change in MO.

Additionally, it seems like the quick search launched for Sierah may have thrown him off his intended plan, whatever that might have been. Therefore, even if the abduction followed his usual pattern, nothing after that point would have.

Something else to think about was whether or not he would have known she was local without having stalked her ahead of time. He might not have known exactly HOW local she was from where he took her, but a person out biking is extremely likely to be fairly local…within 10 to 15 miles, I’d say. Sure, people do ride farther than that or go to other places to ride, but bike riding is, more often than not, quite a local activity. Especially out on county roads.

If JDW is a methodical, long-time serial killer, it stands to reason that this case represents a departure from his typical behavior, and so it will be difficult to determine his usual MO until authorities release more information related to additional victims.

I would say yes to nostalgic, and perhaps even yes to opportunistic. It's quite possible that he was on his motorcycle, saw Sierah, and realized that they were virtually alone. That may have triggered him to take a chance beyond what he would normally do. Specifically, abducting someone while riding a motorcycle is not what anyone would expect because it leaves him very exposed, but at the same time there may be many victims between 1990 and 2016, and maybe he wanted the excitement of doing something really risky. If there is even one victim between 1990 and 2016, he would have felt confident that he is "smarter" than police.

Everything would have been improvised, from hiding in the cornfield until dark, to transporting her to his property on a motorcycle. He probably assumed that he had time to return to the scene of the abduction to collect her bicycle, and his belongings, leaving nothing more than some crushed corn as evidence. He did not even have time to clean the blood off his motorcycle.

Given that his mom is elderly, I'm wondering if he was expected at home to say goodnight to her, and lockup the house, at a certain time each night - like perhaps 9PM. That responsibility may have been enough to cause him to leave some of his belongings behind, and delay him such that he lost the opportunity to return to collect the bicycle, helmet, etc. before police discovered the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck