Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, just based on the intimate knowledge he had of the abduction site, AND what he left there, there is a lengthy amount of time between when LE DETAINED JW and when he was officially ARRESTED AND CHARGED. I remember reading about him inquiring about her at a local business. Is that 100% verified? I'll try to find that today. Otherwise, does anyone see LE saying "oh, that is your bloody helmet. Sorry to have disturbed you sir." so they can go back to the office to type up paperwork? And although LE enforcement was canvassing the area, we haven't heard of anyone else coming forward and saying "oh yeah, LE was here at 2AM asking if our family had seen Sierah. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe someone from LE had him on the "radar" or remembered the 1990 case and knew he lived out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

IMHO, just based on the intimate knowledge he had of the abduction site, AND what he left there, there is a lengthy amount of time between when LE DETAINED JW and when he was officially ARRESTED AND CHARGED. I remember reading about him inquiring about her at a local business. Is that 100% verified? I'll try to find that today. Otherwise, does anyone see LE saying "oh, that is your bloody helmet. Sorry to have disturbed you sir." so they can go back to the office to type up paperwork? And although LE enforcement was canvassing the area, we haven't heard of anyone else coming forward and saying "oh yeah, LE was here at 2AM asking if our family had seen Sierah. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe someone from LE had him on the "radar" or remembered the 1990 case and knew he lived out there.

I am the one who stated the info here way back many threads ago about his being seen asking about the case in. A biz. I contacted LE with this tip (one of several I gave) . Hold on, i will talk more to that witness again . for more details

It was on facebook so rumored that he was at different businesses. But the arrest and charged were brought the same day. I have yet to see a timeline of events leading to arrest.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I am the one who stated the info here way back many threads ago about his being seen asking about the case in. A biz. I contacted LE with this tip (one of several I gave) . Hold on, i will talk more to that witness again . for more details
Could he have been detained at his property, for example?
I'm just going through the alternative scenario....if LE enforcement had initial contact with him, and at that time learned he had intimate information of the abduction site and DID NOT detain or arrest him until Friday, Sierah very well could have been alive, who knows where, possibly in the hidden room. If LE did not IMMEDIATELY act on the gut feeling they should have had since he knew so much and said "I didn't kill anybody or steal anything", then they failed her. I don't want to believe that. I just don't. If LE was there and she was still alive and they left...what if she heard the cars?
And I'm tearing again at the thought, so I'm going to take a break now.

Could he have been detained at his property, for example?
I'm just going through the alternative scenario....if LE enforcement had initial contact with him, and at that time learned he had intimate information of the abduction site and DID NOT detain or arrest him until Friday, Sierah very well could have been alive, who knows where, possibly in the hidden room. If LE did not IMMEDIATELY act on the gut feeling they should have had since he knew so much and said "I didn't kill anybody or steal anything", then they failed her. I don't want to believe that. I just don't. If LE was there and she was still alive and they left...what if she heard the cars?
And I'm tearing again at the thought, so I'm going to take a break now.

I don't think this is the scenario. Most of the searches were local in the area of her house and a few mile radius. So law enforcement would have their leads going towards his house. I drive by his house Wednesday and I didn't notice anything, unknowingly that it was his house. FBI was in town very quickly to help with the investigation.

'Has the local MS Media gone dark on this investigation after only 18 days after SJ's abduction and murder'? Are they being silenced, or just not receiving any updates on the investigation from Law Enforcement? It is a crying shame that a concerned private citizen; Notnice26, has to retrieve information and share it on an internet crime sleuthing forum to keep the citizen's informed.. jmo

"Silence by law enforcement via ms media is the predator's most lethal weapon"! "Awareness is the key in missing and murdered persons investigations"...

It was on facebook so rumored that he was at different businesses. But the arrest and charged were brought the same day. I have yet to see a timeline of events leading to arrest.

Yes, there is a lot on Facebook. My relatives live out there....you should hear what my 80-some year old grandma heard for rumors at the nail salon last week. Sorry, OT

'Has the local MS Media gone dark on this investigation after only 18 days after SJ's abduction and murder'? Are they being silenced, or just not receiving any updates on the investigation from Law Enforcement? It is a crying shame that a concerned private citizen; Notnice26, has to retrieve information and share it on an internet crime sleuthing forum to keep the citizen's informed.. jmo

"Silence by law enforcement via ms media is the predator's most lethal weapon"! "Awareness is the key in missing and murdered persons investigations"...
Yes, wondering the same. Why has no further information been released?

I have not seen anything on the news about the investigation in a week. They have done some stories of fundraisers and events in her name.

I think within the days before his court date the media and LE will talk again.

I still have the breaking news text alert from my local tv station that came at July 22 at 1130 am staying a suspect had been arrested (not yet named) . He was arrested around 3 am on July 22 . He had the night of the 19th and all through night of July 21 before being detained in the wee hours of the 22nd.

I don't think he had the entire night of the 21st.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-July-2016-1-*Arrest*&p=12704251#post12704251

See post #498 by Jashrema and subsequent post by Foxfire referencing brief press conference by FBI agent on the night of 21st were he was questioned about searching a barn (presumably Worley's.)

The link Foxfire provided to ABC 13 doesn't go directly to the video from the press conference, but it can be found by going to all of the videos. FBI agent in a blue shirt. Video is right after "75+ Oppressive Comfort Level" video.

Fulton County Expositor:

James Dean Worley, 57, of 10627 County Road 6, was arrested early last Friday on a charge of abduction and booked into the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio in Stryker without bond at 3:41 a.m.
http://fcnews.org/news/4693/4693

Around 3:00 am probably when he was formally placed under arrest. IMO it's safe to say he was detained and being questioned prior to that while they began execution of the search warrant some time on the 21st.

With what information is presently available and verifiable through links and/or documents, it seems reasonable to assume that at some point in time on the 21st he was taken into custody and unlikely prior to that. MOO.

That leaves him relatively unfettered on the 19th, 20th, and into the 21st.

Looking for, but haven't yet found, a firm time indicator as to when LE made their first contact with him (canvassing) re Sierah.

Seriously doubt it was at 3:00 am on the 20th unless a link can be provided to support that.

MOO.

I don't think this is the scenario. Most of the searches were local in the area of her house and a few mile radius. So law enforcement would have their leads going towards his house. I drive by his house Wednesday and I didn't notice anything, unknowingly that it was his house. FBI was in town very quickly to help with the investigation.

Imo, the FBI being in town very quickly and JDW rapidly becoming their primary focus was likely no coincidence. Imo, the ViCAP database had indicated an abnormally high number of young women missing and murdered in this area of Ohio for years... jmo

I'm having very little luck with possible trophies as most of the bodies were found nude. He could have kept any or all of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prostitute Killer removed jewelry from his victims. I know they think the killer was a truck driver with the handle "Dr. No", but these bodies were spread over a 100 mile radius.

I wonder if there is a description of what was taken listed somewhere.

http://unsolved.com/archives/prostitute-serial-killer

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Imo, the FBI being in town very quickly and JDW rapidly becoming their primary focus was likely no coincidence. Imo, the ViCAP database had indicated an abnormally high number of young women missing and murdered in this area of Ohio for years... jmo

I believe I saw on a Blade article there was mention that the FBI had already been here for some time investigating a serial killer when this happened and that's why they were on scene from the get go

Not to mention they saw the bruises on his legs and the scratches on his arms when they visited. I would imagine they kept a close eye on his movements since it was suspicious.

Imo, JDW was being monitored by investigators for a couple of days before his arrest, in hopes that he would lead them to SJ. Little did they know that she was either being held hostage at his safe haven<barn>, or buried in a shallow grave less than a mile away from his residence. jmo

damn. That's crazy.

Can her date/time of death contribute to this timeline? I believe it was reported that it stated "July 19-July 22, 2016". But I'm not sure if the ME would be able to determine time of death (or not) based on when Worley was detained or arrested.

They haven't found any human remains on his property. This is the latest released on the case:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2016/08/04/No-human-remains-on-Worley-s-property.html

This could be, but I also believe that in some cases, the FBI is contacted immediately by local LE because they are willing to ask for the help. Other LE wait for a long time thinking they have it handled, know the direction they're headed, etc. As well, the Toledo office of the FBI is so close to this location - it just seems possible that they were only involved so early because this was immediately suspicious and the FCSO was willing to have them help.

Imo, JDW was being monitored by investigators for a couple of days before his arrest, in hopes that he would lead them to SJ. Little did they know that she was either being held hostage at his safe haven<barn>, or buried in a shallow grave less than a mile away from his residence. jmo

Respectfully disagree. If they had been monitoring him for days and Sierah was at the barn during that time they would have seen him transporting her to the field to bury her.

This could be, but I also believe that in some cases, the FBI is contacted immediately by local LE because they are willing to ask for the help. Other LE wait for a long time thinking they have it handled, know the direction they're headed, etc. As well, the Toledo office of the FBI is so close to this location - it just seems possible that they were only involved so early because this was immediately suspicious and the FCSO was willing to have them help.

This happened very close to the state line, also a reason to get them involved right away.

FBI agents live locallt, and have a field office in downtown Toledo. Metamora is no more than 30 minutes from downtown, and agents live all over NW Ohio. It's not like the X-files where they fly you from DC.

The trucks he has now are not the trucks he had in 1990. He has a Dodge Dakota that was suspected in the abduction. He has a red Chevy s-10. Someone had seen both vehicles being towed to the storage unit and gone over along with his Honda motorcycle.

I disagree about motorcycles being noticed, yes they are loud but they travel down these backroads all of the time. Keep in mind the boyfriend had one as well. It was well over 90 with high humidity that day. The majority of people have a/c and use it. Also the houses sit back further from the road.

If he came on the radar he was likely monitored but was not detained immediately. There was evidence he did go into her employer and ask about the missing girll. I believe this was on Thursday. Where she worked is listed in articles, and very close to my home, not very important to anything related to Worley, and the employer deserves respect of their privaxy, especially considering. Anyway, as of Thursday he was roaming. I did not read they made contact with him the 20th, I was under the impression the 21st. The initial night/am seemed to focus on the area she was missing from, and those areas searched first.

This is small town USA, if he had bern detained at 3am, someone would have known and spilled it, and the searches would have been gridded from his house not T.

Unfortunately some of us have heard rumors, and try not to spreas them around for multiple reasons. The less talk from media is likely because le is being tight-lipped and I'm sute more will come out. The more rumors and gossip locally the more likely he will claim everyone os bissed and prejudice against him resulting in an unfair persecution and trial. I do not want thay myself. I want i's dotted and t's crossed. I want him buried under the evidence.

You have multiple agencies involved, multiple protocols, and all working hard to get that justice for her and any others.

I do know they are following all tips bec6we actually did call in one regarding an incident that occurred a few years back and about the girl I knew.

Everyone is trying to find something from this, unfortunately until he goes on trial they may keep a lot under lock and key.

I do still have concerns he had an accomplice, and it terrifies me they haven't made a statement one way or another, but if they vame out and say specific details it could compromise the investigation. I need to understand what happened and how many others, and why being a parent. How to prevent this, but I also want justice for Sierah and any others more than anything else.

Maybe the media pulled the link to the warrants to respect the privacy of the family during the viewing and burial of their loved one. They had requested privacy, maybe just once the media respected that. Or they may have been asked to. I don't know, but I think more will come out closer to the 18th, but unless he pleads guilty we have a long wait until trial. I also wont be surprised to see him ask for a change of venue. I also feel bad for any juror because the evidence presented there is likely to be much worse thsn we can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member