Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the pond be part of the irrigation system from when the farm was larger?

There were a lot of ponds dug for recreation in the 1960's -1980's. Swimming and fishing. The area of JDW's place is getting close to the saline aquifer around Metamora, Berkey, and into Michigan (where people use filtered and sterilized pond water for their residential water supply).

Hardly anybody in this part of the nation irrigates, due to sufficient rainfall. It's basically all just dry land. Once in a blue you might see a veggie or hay grower irrigating. Definitely a rare occurrence here.

JMO
Graphic-
What if someone was helping him?
What if he was on his motorcycle and his partner brought another vehicle to help?
What if they took her to a location that was NOT the barn?
I think the LE and FBI are so tight lipped because there are more invovled , POSSIBLY a ring of these creeps?

PS.
If an admin would please contact me that would be great. I have verified inside information that I don't want to post , but I have a VERY good reason for what I am suggesting happened .

I've alerted your post so a mod can tell you how to become verified. I should have this remembered as long as I've been a member, but sadly my memory sucks! :welcome: to websleuths! I wish it was under better circumstances. I applaud all of Sierah's community that has joined us, and offered such valuable information in helping to find her murderer and any other victims of his. Our thoughts and prayers are with the community as well as family and friends.

Why so many cellphones and recording equipment? Why hidden air mattresses? So many additional flags. He made $1,000 allegedly last year. How was his home floating caring for other members?

Last 5 p.m. press conference which was the last one they did before they announced Saturday they found, why was is stated we have no reason to believe she is not alive.

Why no private searches? That was a good thing, it prevents contamination, but why no private searches and so many called off? Does rain really impact looking for a person who may be living and wounded?

In reality when the dogs lost her scent in that cornfield it was painfully clear she was moved by a vehicle. I also cant see someone transporting a badly breeding person via motorcycle, but I believe he initially had his motorcycle

I'm sure his air mattress wasn't for the same reason we use to keep one in the barn. Ours was for an injured animal needing a softer place to lay down, or a foal that was premature and we didn't want it getting sores from laying on a hard surface, or for a person to sleep or rest on while doing long hours when an animal needs 24hr care, such as feeding an orphan foal, or a colicky horse that needed to make sure it wasn't laying down and not able to get back up, etc.

As I stated in an earlier post, individually, most of the items taken could be normal items found at a barn or shop. Many may not even have a connection to his crimes, but LE didn't and won't know until they are tested, and more information gained from the investigation. They have to take anything that COULD be related to crimes, and then determine if they are evidence or not.

Dogs are a good investigative tool. They are not without error. Some are better trained, and have more natural instincts than others. Recently we had an autistic man missing in our area for 3 days. Several dogs had been in to search. He was found less than a mile from his home, curled up sleeping, next to neighbors' dogs! YET, none of the dogs that searched gave any indication even to which way he ran. His scent should have been there. He did indeed bolt from his yard, and is a known bolter.

Many cases searchers and dogs have been in, and the person is found deceased later by a hunter, or private citizen within feet of where multiple searchers had searched.

I believe early on LE had found her bike, knew an abduction was the most likely culprit, and thus the use of private searchers wasn't asked for. In the case of the autistic man I just mentioned, private searchers were asked to search their own property and to ride the country roads but NOT to search on foot because it might hinder the dogs being able to pick up his scent. Sometimes I think searchers are not asked for in the beginning of a search because LE has enough manpower to knowledge of searches, and because of the chain of custody of evidence, as well as the possibility that the perp could be among the searchers and plant evidence or lead away from evidence.

Sierah was found relatively quickly compared to lots of the cases we see here daily. Many are still missing years later.

I don't find the media silence odd. LE isn't asking for tips or info from the public.

I think they are busy and overtime busy putting all the pieces in place, dotting i's, crossing t's and checking twice to build the strongest case they can for the Prosecutor.

Further along in the slow judicial process, we will be able to see all of this. moo

Media is controlled by money and powers stronger than most of us can believe. IMO. Investigative reporting isn't seen as much. Typically media reports on information that LE wants them to report, and not much more. Often they'll say 'a source within law enforcement', but not name who the source is, or that it's directly what they were asked to report. Fine line between 'leaked from law enforcement' and 'LE said we need to say this', and since reporters don't have to reveal their source, they can legally let the public know what LE wants us to know, without it breaking a law or used in court as a means of getting a case dismissed. JMO!

I personally do not think she died at the abduction site. After they arrested JDW for abduction, the sheriff, Roy Miller, told the public in a press conference that they have no reason to believe Sierah was dead.

I do think that JDW would have tormented her longer had the search not began so quickly. He might have felt rushed, and hurried up and murdered her before LE came around. With victims that live further away, he had time on his side.

I do believe you are correct as well. I don't think Sierah died at the abduction site. If she had, he could have just left her there, gathered his belongings and left. It is my belief, without anything to back it up yet, that JW actually approached LE at the abduction site or near a search with his willing to help them search, or that he was there looking for his items he had lost when his motorcycle broke down, etc. I guess we'll know more during the trial. I do think he inserted himself someway into the investigation and brought attention to himself. Maybe he thought he would be there looking for his items, and tell LE he was looking for his items to again state "now would anyone but an innocent man be there?". Seems his MO is to call LE with a problem before a victim can report the problem in hopes that LE will believe him over the victim. But that's just my opinion!

One of my most curious questions is just that....how long did he keep her alive???? It bothers me that they never pinpointed a date/time of death. Last I knew, the coroner said she died between July 19 - July 21, which to me, seems like a long range. If there was a freezer involved, I do understand how that might make it more difficult to pinpoint.

Pinpointing the time of death isn't always easy. Lots will depend on the amount of decomposition as well as facts obtained during the investigation. Many times the TOD is noted as the time the body is found, versus when the person actually died. I know they look at insect activity, rigor mortis, temp of body, contents of stomach, etc when attempting to narrow down the TOD. During trial we'll probably hear from a forensic medical examiner who can help pinpoint an approximate time frame.

He owns approximately 3 acres.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Sadly that land that was bought and someone worked hard to get it paid for, will end up as the state's or auctioned at some point. I'm grateful it's just 3 acres and not 300 acres. IMO, every inch can be searched with 3 acres. His family are also in my prayers.

I've alerted your post so a mod can tell you how to become verified. I should have this remembered as long as I've been a member, but sadly my memory sucks! :welcome: to websleuths! I wish it was under better circumstances. I applaud all of Sierah's community that has joined us, and offered such valuable information in helping to find her murderer and any other victims of his. Our thoughts and prayers are with the community as well as family and friends.

I'm sure his air mattress wasn't for the same reason we use to keep one in the barn. Ours was for an injured animal needing a softer place to lay down, or a foal that was premature and we didn't want it getting sores from laying on a hard surface, or for a person to sleep or rest on while doing long hours when an animal needs 24hr care, such as feeding an orphan foal, or a colicky horse that needed to make sure it wasn't laying down and not able to get back up, etc.

As I stated in an earlier post, individually, most of the items taken could be normal items found at a barn or shop. Many may not even have a connection to his crimes, but LE didn't and won't know until they are tested, and more information gained from the investigation. They have to take anything that COULD be related to crimes, and then determine if they are evidence or not.

Dogs are a good investigative tool. They are not without error. Some are better trained, and have more natural instincts than others. Recently we had an autistic man missing in our area for 3 days. Several dogs had been in to search. He was found less than a mile from his home, curled up sleeping, next to neighbors' dogs! YET, none of the dogs that searched gave any indication even to which way he ran. His scent should have been there. He did indeed bolt from his yard, and is a known bolter.

Many cases searchers and dogs have been in, and the person is found deceased later by a hunter, or private citizen within feet of where multiple searchers had searched.

I believe early on LE had found her bike, knew an abduction was the most likely culprit, and thus the use of private searchers wasn't asked for. In the case of the autistic man I just mentioned, private searchers were asked to search their own property and to ride the country roads but NOT to search on foot because it might hinder the dogs being able to pick up his scent. Sometimes I think searchers are not asked for in the beginning of a search because LE has enough manpower to knowledge of searches, and because of the chain of custody of evidence, as well as the possibility that the perp could be among the searchers and plant evidence or lead away from evidence.

Sierah was found relatively quickly compared to lots of the cases we see here daily. Many are still missing years later.

Media is controlled by money and powers stronger than most of us can believe. IMO. Investigative reporting isn't seen as much. Typically media reports on information that LE wants them to report, and not much more. Often they'll say 'a source within law enforcement', but not name who the source is, or that it's directly what they were asked to report. Fine line between 'leaked from law enforcement' and 'LE said we need to say this', and since reporters don't have to reveal their source, they can legally let the public know what LE wants us to know, without it breaking a law or used in court as a means of getting a case dismissed. JMO!

I do believe you are correct as well. I don't think Sierah died at the abduction site. If she had, he could have just left her there, gathered his belongings and left. It is my belief, without anything to back it up yet, that JW actually approached LE at the abduction site or near a search with his willing to help them search, or that he was there looking for his items he had lost when his motorcycle broke down, etc. I guess we'll know more during the trial. I do think he inserted himself someway into the investigation and brought attention to himself. Maybe he thought he would be there looking for his items, and tell LE he was looking for his items to again state "now would anyone but an innocent man be there?". Seems his MO is to call LE with a problem before a victim can report the problem in hopes that LE will believe him over the victim. But that's just my opinion!

Pinpointing the time of death isn't always easy. Lots will depend on the amount of decomposition as well as facts obtained during the investigation. Many times the TOD is noted as the time the body is found, versus when the person actually died. I know they look at insect activity, rigor mortis, temp of body, contents of stomach, etc when attempting to narrow down the TOD. During trial we'll probably hear from a forensic medical examiner who can help pinpoint an approximate time frame.

Sadly that land that was bought and someone worked hard to get it paid for, will end up as the state's or auctioned at some point. I'm grateful it's just 3 acres and not 300 acres. IMO, every inch can be searched with 3 acres. His family are also in my prayers.
Anyone who helped search/donated/gave a tip to LE had to leave their name and address with them. So I'm sure they would have seen if he was trying place himself as the good person.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

RBBM:

Foxfire,

I completely agree with the bolded statement above. Do you have any thoughts as to why this is silence is occurring now?

That said, I once again thank NotNice26 for the boots on the ground effort to obtain the Court docs, and for all the WSers who are helping to get them ready for viewing.

The willingness to be #VoicesForCe is to be lauded. :moo:

I look forward to your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The documents have already been made available - below are the links posted on Wednesday. To search a document, "control+F" on a PC or "command+F" on a MAC. Type the search word in the dialog box that opens.

1990: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzjetrBVtSDvS1Fzel9OWGFpbzA/view?pref=2&pli=1
2000: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzjetrBVtSDvUFdya2xKTnlVaHM/view?pref=2&pli=1
2016: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8MNbEFjVAxjZUk5SGR2NUFOX1U/view?pref=2&pli=1

Lol city girl here. No idea!! Maybe that's why it's creepy.

Ponds out there are used for a backup water source sometimes, like during drought. E.g. my relatives have a well and 20 some years ago, dug a pond. The water for showers, baths, watering the garden, laundry, comes from the pond...filtered, but still, don't open your mouth in the shower. The water from well is used for drinking water, sinks, dishwasher. We also swim in it...it's not gross because it is aerated and chemically treated. A pond the size of the one on JW property would not be used to irrigate crops. The garden yes, but it is far too small for crops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Otto, I have just spent a big chunk of time trying to find the "reader's digest abridged version" of the speculated timeline you posted to me. Cannot find it. Your original one with theory is page 40 thread 5. the short version should be 4 or 5 pages or more after that.
do you have better search skills?

Otto, I have just spent a big chunk of time trying to find the "reader's digest abridged version" of the speculated timeline you posted to me. Cannot find it. Your original one with theory is page 40 thread 5. the short version should be 4 or 5 pages or more after that.
do you have better search skills?

Not really - let's build it again:

6:30-6:45 Sierah abducted
6:30-800 Police ask for witnesses to motorcyclist with open face helmet near bicycle location
Worley cell phone pings for 2 hours near bicycle location
10PM boyfriend unable to reach Sierah
11PM Sierah reported missing
12:03AM Sierah bike located

TIME ?? Police canvas Worley property (I thought this was 3AM, a few hours later, but I might be mistaken)
Warrant times ??

Attached is location of bike, Worley property, and body.

Attachments

• SierahJoughin.jpg
    SierahJoughin.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 56
"On July 22, after Worley already was in custody, investigators asked for the public’s help in looking for someone who was riding a motorcycle with an open-faced black helmet at the area of County Road 6 somewhere between Roads S and T, where she was last seen. It was unclear why authorities were looking for the motorcyclist."

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...idden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

"A search warrant obtained by the Toledo Blade described articles that were found in the cornfield, two pairs of sunglasses, a helmet, a screwdriver and fuses and a bicycle belonging to Sierah Joughin who went missing on July 19. The DNA found on the sunglasses led police to James Dean Worley, 57."

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/07/31/has-toledo-arrested-a-serial-killer/

Someone earlier this thread or last thread proposed that he was on his motorcycle and could have put Sierah on it. He put the helmet on her (hence the bloody palm print) and bound her behind him. No one would know. I believe this is plausible.

In Ohio, a person can be detained for 72 hours without being arrested. (This is true for most states) By the end of the 72 hours, the prosecutor will determine if there is sufficient cause for arrest & prosecution or not. Law enforcement would be gathering evidence during this time, as well.

I do recall a local saying he had gone into a business and asked about her. It was never specified what kind of business.That is way back in an earlier thread.

I don't think it is fair to say that whether a person stopped to help a stranded person or not is a measure of their intelligence.

Am I understanding correctly that LE did a neighborhood canvass at 3 am or did they target him?

The 72 hour rule is between being arrested and having charges filed. Detained means basically the same as arrested. If you are with law enforcement and not allowed to leave you are considered arrested. In JDWs case he was charged pretty simultaneously with being arrested as they already had sufficient evidence against him for charges.

Is there a way to find out what kind of car or truck Worley drove in the late 80s??? The reason that I ask, is since Sierah disappeared, my sister and I began remembering an occurrence that happened in the late 80s. My sister was jogging on Co. Rd. K, and was close to home. A truck (she remembers it to be white) slowed down and ran her off the road and into the ditch. It then drove by her 2-3 times...she frantically sprinted home, thankfully she was close to home. She was a record holding sprinter. She did remember that there was something that made the truck unique...a tool box in the back or something like that...she couldn't specifically remember. This was in the summertime, and she said she was by a bean field.

Looking back, we should have called the police and told our parents. We were young and would've been even more scared to have gotten LE involved. I just wonder if this guy could have been JDW himself...and could my sister have escaped him??? I shutter at the thought. Regardless...there was a creep trying to freak her out back then.

On pages 15-18 of the 2000 document file is a list of phone records, the thing that caught my eye was the cities called , Napoleon, Swanton ,Holland, Sylvania, Toledo, Adrian Mi, ,Neapolis, Auburn IN, Fort Wayne IN, and somewhere in Arizona !?? What do you guys make of this ?

Sierah was abducted at 6:30-6:45 Tueday, July 19.

Assuming that the 72 hour rule is law in Ohio, that means that Worley could have been detained shortly after the bicycle and sunglasses were found, and held for up to 72 hours without charges.

He was charged on Friday, July 22 at 3AM. Backtracking 48 hours from the time that charges were laid, that would be 3AM on Wednesday, July 20 morning - 4 hours after Sierah's bicycle was found.

Is there a way to find out what kind of car or truck Worley drove in the late 80s??? The reason that I ask, is since Sierah disappeared, my sister and I began remembering an occurrence that happened in the late 80s. My sister was jogging on Co. Rd. K, and was close to home. A truck (she remembers it to be white) slowed down and ran her off the road and into the ditch. It then drove by her 2-3 times...she frantically sprinted home, thankfully she was close to home. She was a record holding sprinter. She did remember that there was something that made the truck unique...a tool box in the back or something like that...she couldn't specifically remember. This was in the summertime, and she said she was by a bean field.

Looking back, we should have called the police and told our parents. We were young and would've been even more scared to have gotten LE involved. I just wonder if this guy could have been JDW himself...and could my sister have escaped him??? I shutter at the thought. Regardless...there was a creep trying to freak her out back then.

Wow.....

And by a bean field!

at member request a link has been added to the opening post of this thread:

The following public record documents regarding James Dean Worley were retrieved, organized and provided by members. If you experience issues with opening the links, or think something needs further redaction please contact member, whimdriven. Thank you notnice26 for making these documents available for members.

Public Records JDW

So yes, the Dropbox is going to take a break for now. WS wants to do some updating on the watermark, etc. and we're having technical difficulties to that end ... Should be worked out by tomorrow ...

I'm curious why the documents are uploaded to both a google docs site as well as a dropbox site. In the google docs site the watermark is at a 45 degree angle across the page, and in the dropbox folder the water mark is horizontal and repeated several times throughout the page. One watermark is "Sierahs' Websleuth Warriors" and the other is "Sierah's Warriors on Webseluths.com".

at member request a link has been added to the opening post of this thread:

The following public record documents regarding James Dean Worley were retrieved, organized and provided by members. If you experience issues with opening the links, or think something needs further redaction please contact member, whimdriven. Thank you notnice26 for making these documents available for members.

Public Records JDW

I believe they were paid for, retrieved, organized, and shared by one of our newest member: Notnice26, weren't they?

yes otto, that is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member