Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after 3 days they can still do that? Tell me. I am curious.
Do they actually know what bugs are in the area and at which times?
Do they know what times they lay eggs? Temperature? Food, hormones, etc.?
Did they actually do that ?

No TOD that we know of. No MOD that we know of. COD we know.

No TOD in the facts of the case. Everything reported is SOP AFAIK.

MOO

http://www.forensicentomology.com/info.htm

So after 3 days they can still do that? Tell me. I am curious.
Do they actually know what bugs are in the area and at which times?
Do they know what times they lay eggs? Temperature? Food, hormones, etc.?
Did they actually do that ?

No TOD that we know of. No MOD that we know of. COD we know.

No TOD in the facts of the case. Everything reported is SOP AFAIK.

MOO

Yep, just google forensic entomology.... It's a fascinating science.

'Warning Graphic'
[video=youtube;-qZmLo8qIx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qZmLo8qIx4[/video]

Noted forensic anthropologist and author, Dr. Bill Bass, takes us on a tour of the world-famous Body Farm in Knoxville, TN

**graphic**
I'm not the poster who posted about it, but basically, they can look at how insects have interacted with the body, whether there are eggs, larva etc there, and what stage they are at, can pinpoint a fairly accurate TOD.

With that said, would they be telling a tod or a time the body arrived where it was found, in the field where bugs can access quickly... don't know much about the subject, but would these insects necessarily have been on the body at time of death if say it was in his house/freezer for half a day or more then moved to the field. That wouldn't make for a very accurate time of death if bugs don't start immediately get to the body at tod. But could make for an accurate time of body being in the field, imo.

If the official "time of death" remains at 3 hours after the remains were found, I would expect a good lawyer to argue that his client was in police custody at the time of death and is therefore innocent.

Warning, Graphic

This is what you don't get via bad reporting. What if she was still alive when he dumped her ... Generally speaking, this could be established by the presence of "dirt" (that's my professional/technical term) in the nostrils, airways, etc. We got the shocking stuff, but not the practical.

Should this go to trial, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy will be called as a witness for the state. He/She will indicate a range of time prior to being physically found that Sierah passed. I don't think most defense attorneys are stupid enough to pull over the old "you called it then, but my client was in custody." In any event, I don't think there's much of an argument here that the sole actions of JDW resulted in the proximate cause of death of Sierah Joughin, and he deserves to (dare I say) die for what he did. I'm not even a big fan of the death penalty, but it seems like this is as good a case as there could possibly be in favor of capital punishment.

I want to see a copy of the report with my own eyes. Grrrrr.

Warning, Graphic

This is what you don't get via bad reporting. What if she was still alive when he dumped her ... Generally speaking, this could be established by the presence of "dirt" (that's my professional/technical term) in the nostrils, airways, etc. We got the shocking stuff, but not the practical.

Should this go to trial, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy will be called as a witness for the state. He/She will indicate a range of time prior to being physically found that Sierah passed. I don't think most defense attorneys are stupid enough to pull over the old "you called it then, but my client was in custody." In any event, I don't think there's much of an argument here that the sole actions of JDW resulted in the proximate cause of death of Sierah Joughin, and he deserves to (dare I say) die for what he did. I'm not even a big fan of the death penalty, but it seems like this is as good a case as there could possibly be in favor of capital punishment.

I'm not yet convinced. There's probably a good case for kidnapping, but after that ???

Warning, Graphic

Me2

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'd like to believe he was incapable of sex!! Impotent...maybe he's deformed...that's why no real relationship to speak of? He got pleasure other ways...

Actually using forensic entomology, scientists can determine an estimated time of death. Its pretty interesting stuff. I remember hearing Michael Baden talk about it on Autopsy, as well as in the David Westerfield trial regarding the murder of Danielle van damm

This IS fascinating stuff! I used to be a book-review editor and would receive tons of books to assign to reviewers or, if the books didn't fit our needs, donate. Among the forensics books I snagged for myself was Michael Baden's "Dead Reckoning." So good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking he hit her in the face with his helmet, causing bleeding and swelling. The swelling, along with the gag and duct tape, caused the asphyxiation and she died at the abduction site while he went to get his truck to pick her up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JDW used handcuffs when he tried to abduct RG. Then SJ was found with handcuffs too. Is this idiot buying handcuffs in bulk somewhere? Seems he may have bought many over the years. Handcuffs are part of his thing.

That would require him to be a man and notva child, it also would likely remove the death penalty from the table. The family likely will know anyway, and to be honest I would probably want to know what he did if it was my kid, and the death penalty. I do feel certain things don't need to be made public though because it can spawn others, and some people are just nosey. Unfortunately once you pass the dead no longer have a right to privacy.

I hope he pays with his life, and the appeal process moves quickly and justice is served swiftly. Unfortunately these scumbags have more rights than their victims.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I was looking at the case from 1990. In that one, within two months he entered an Alfrod Plea. Kinda shocked that case went so quickly when it seems like most cases are years in the system before trial and sentencing. Hoping this one will be quick for the family's sake!

JDW used handcuffs when he tried to abduct RG. Then SJ was found with handcuffs too. Is this idiot buying handcuffs in bulk somewhere? Seems he may have bought many over the years. Handcuffs are part of his thing.

Handcuffs were found on his property as well. I guess that store that had them for $3 at the register must have gotten a bulk supply in... :gaah:

Question: Does a serial killer basically use the same "tools" in his "work"? (I know there's a difference between MO and Signature, but I can never figure it out).

They certainly appear to be important to him. It makes me wonder...RG still had handcuffs when she got away. She is an example of someone messing up his plans. The fact that he left the handcuffs on SJ may be yet another indicator that he was rushed and couldn't do things the way he wanted to.

I think that his plans were messed up is pretty evident by now without looking at the handcuffs, it's just my little trip into the mind of a creep. It just seems like the handcuffs are important t him and would be something he would want to keep. Might be insightful, or not, but I'm guessing that when other victims are brought to light, they will not have handcuffs.

Does anyone else have a different appearance to this forum display now? I woke up this morning and it appears to be like a desktop computer view instead of the usual mobile version ? Or did I bump something in my sleep ? Its much harder to read and post this way . Help ! Lol

Does anyone else have a different appearance to this forum display now? I woke up this morning and it appears to be like a desktop computer view instead of the usual mobile version ? Or did I bump something in my sleep ? Its much harder to read and post this way . Help ! Lol

Lol you must have bumped something. Scroll to the bottom left of the page, you should see a box under the tags

ws2016.PNG

Change it from ws2016 to 'WS Mobile Style'

That should fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics