Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Handcuffs were found on his property as well. I guess that store that had them for $3 at the register must have gotten a bulk supply in... :gaah:
They were not $3 handcuffs, professional grade and no master key they had at the station could open the ones on RG. They had to be cut off her with a bolt cutter....so apparently better made than standard issue police handcuffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Steelman stole my words. I think this would be the scenario. All senseless.

But it brings in the questions whose blood was on the panties? Who else has been in that barn? Who's brush?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
And it was reported that there were "several" pairs? How many is several? Just awful. Have not been able to be on here much and getting behind so apologies if there has been more detailed info mentioned on this. Investigators will definitely have their hands full with this case for a very long time.

Also report mentioned that a hood was found..Again sorry if this has been discussed (tried to find discussion about it) but what kind of hood and what would this be used for?

After 24 hours there can be no TOD. The body would be at ambient temperature. Before then TOD can be extrapolated from body core temperature according to the liver temp, weight, BMI, etc., and average air temperature over time. If there were some discrepancy then cellular examination would only confirm the discrepancy.
The official TOD is the time she was found and examined.
Just over 3 days had passed before she was found. Therefore we will have no idea when she passed.

MOO

I disagree...stomach contents have not been released and that can pinpoint the TOD to a pretty small window. Rate of decomp in the heat is a mathematical formula taking into account environmental factors and other things, the "stage" of decomp will also isolate TOD pretty accurately, if there was NONE, or very little, that will tell you a lot. There are 1000's of cases where TOD has been narrowed down to a 4-8 hour window, even less...well after 24 hours have elapsed.

Took day off yesterday for obvious reasons..not a good day. BUT have decided to until otherwise known..choose to believe that once transported back to his barn I believe he was careless/stress/disoriented, etc. that his "plan" did not go off without a hitch. I choose to believe she was unconscious when she GOT to the barn as I believe that is the only way she would have left that field..In her unconscious state..El Diablo tied her up and gagged her so if she were to awaken while he was back "looking for all the stuff he left in cornfield" she would not be heard. Since she was unconscious during the binding, he was unaware that he had shoved the plastic gag to far down. I believe when he got back from going back to the field to retrieve items..she had already passed. He had to get her off his property...right then. same night.

One thing that has me worried. The way he tied her up and chose to bury her that way. A person tied up that way is easily carried by 2 people..one on each side. I can't help but feel there was someone else there..even just for a time.

They were not $3 handcuffs, professional grade and no master key they had at the station could open the ones on RG. They had to be cut off her with a bolt cutter....so apparently better made than standard issue police handcuffs.

Was this in the media? Is there a link for this? Are you VI? If not, please don't post rumors.

Well, since RG said it, and she's a victim, I'm going to deem it truth.

Please post the link where she said this because I would sure as hell like to know why RG would EVER be told anything about the forensics of Ce's case.

Please post the link where she said this because I would sure as hell like to know why RG would EVER be told anything about the forensics of Ce's case.

Chiefs granddaughter is right. I read it in the 1990 case file Notnice posted. She's talking about Gardener, not Joughin. But I think I read Sierah was found with handcuffs on her too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the actual time of death and other info isn't being released to the public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would he leave her bound that way to carry her & bury her. Seems extra cumbersome. Freaked out and panicking is all I can come up with.

I don't think we're allowed to post those files at the moment Browneyes.

This was over Metamora this morning.

.rainbow.jpg

Double rainbow about 7:15-7:30 am.

Question: Does a serial killer basically use the same "tools" in his "work"? (I know there's a difference between MO and Signature, but I can never figure it out).

Evelezrn, Vernon Geberth prolly explains the difference between MO & Signature much better than I could and shares a couple of examples to distinguish between the two.

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/CriminalInvestigativeAnalysisJuly2015.htm

Modus Operandi and Signature

In addition to victimology and presentation of the victim in the crime scene the investigator must understand the significance of M.O. and Signature especially in sex-related incidents.
Modus Operandi is a learned behavior that tends to change as offenders gain experience and/or build confidence in their crimes. Some reasons for a change in an offender M.O. could be attributed to experience, maturity, education, incarceration/jail time, criminal versatility, and/or technology.

Some examples of modus operandi are an offender who brings a weapon, uses a con, the times of crime, The days of the week, intelligence gathering (Stalking), methods of control of victim, use of the victim’s vehicle, and the location of crime scenes ((Inside or Outside).

Many serial offenders target prostitutes and their M.O. is simply to pose as a “John” in order to get their victims away from an area and into a comfort zone where they can act out their sexual fantasies. Richard Cottingham, who was a serial killer operating in both New York City Bergen County, New Jersey targeted prostitutes. In some cases he would pick-up women in a New York City bar and slips a date-rape drug into their drinks. He would then take them to a New Jersey hotel where he would sexually assault and torture them. In some cases he left them nude and battered with burns on their breasts. In other incidents if he felt they could identify him he would kill them and leave their bodies in hotels in New York City and New Jersey. He was a classic “Signature Killer” and all of crimes were linked through his signature behavior.

Other sexual offenders establish a casual relationship with a prospective victim that eventually allows them access to a victim’s home. Once the offender was in the victim’s residence he would sexually attack and kill them to prevent identification.

I consulted on one particular case where the offender had started out as a “Cat Burglar” who entered victim’s homes in the middle of the night to steal their valuables. On one particular occasion he encountered a young women living alone. In a classic example of an opportunistic crime, he sexually attacked and raped her. He then began to stalk and target women who lived alone. The burglary and thefts became secondary to his primary intention, which was to rape and sodomize his victims.

He was caught in one young woman’s home with his rape kit before he could assault her. He was charged with Burglary and Attempted Rape. He pled guilty to the Burglary and was paroled. Within two weeks of his parole he became a serial killer. He raped and sodomized four women during his home invasions to satisfy his lust and then killed them to prevent them from identifying him or ever being able to testify against him in court. .
He was also classic “Signature Killer” and all of crimes were linked by his specific type of binding the sexual activity, his DNA and his modus operandi.

The Signature Aspect of a violent sexual offender is a unique and integral part of the offender’s behavior, which refers to the psychodynamics of the event. The psychodynamics are the mental and emotional processes underlying human behavior and its motivations.

The “Signature” aspect is the end result of a number of biological, psychological and psychosocial factors that have combined to influence how an individual seeks sexual satisfaction or is able to sexually perform. The nucleus of the “Signature” element begins at an early age and is reinforced through repetitive fantasy, masturbatory activity and situational “acting-out” of these themes in various non-criminal scenarios.

Sexual fantasies play a major role in everyone’s sexual behavior. It is the drive factor for sexual expression. The sexual offender and other individuals, who are aroused with thoughts and fantasies of sexual aggression, reinforce their beliefs through repetition illustrated by the use of sadistic *advertiser censored* and fantasy drawings. These serve as a form stimulus and excitement, a rehearsal before actually committing the offense or a mental re-creation of an actual event and represent the “Signature” component.

<snipped - read more>

Why would he leave her bound that way to carry her & bury her. Seems extra cumbersome. Freaked out and panicking is all I can come up with.

It's not cumbersome if there are 2 people. One on each side.

They did castings at the abduction site (as I recall from the warrants). I can't remember the number or if they did castings at both the abduction and burial site. That will give us the ultimate answer as to the number of abductors. I realize we won't necessarily know how many abductors from the documents but we can get a sense of how many casts-- shoes-- they have collected. I will verify the number once the documents are back up on this site.

They did castings at the abduction site (as I recall from the warrants). I can't remember the number or if they did castings at both the abduction and burial site. That will give us the ultimate answer as to the number of abductors. I realize we won't necessarily know how many abductors from the documents but we can get a sense of how many casts-- shoes-- they have collected. I will verify the number once the documents are back up on this site.

That's a good call kaen! There were two casting, scene 1, items 10a and 10b. My guess would be a right foot and a left foot, but the SWs are not specific.

Did RG ever say if it appeared there to be 2 people at her scene even though it was never said? Has the person on the motorcycle in her case come forward or talked?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

If you're interested in reading the Ohio statutes on Aggravated Murder ... follow these links ...

Definition - 2903.01
http://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2006/orc/jd_290301-1e57.html

Penalties for Murder - 2929.02
http://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2006/orc/jd_292902-d21.html

Imposing Sentences for Murder = 2929.03
http://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2006/orc/jd_292903-8d33.html

Criteria for Imposing Death or Imprisonment for a Capital Offense - 2929.04
http://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2006/orc/jd_292904-d23.html

I present these in response to Otto's "not convinced" argument from last evening. Murder in the commission of a felony (i.e. the kidnapping itself).

Aggravated Murder is the only capital offense left in Ohio. There are seven aggravating factors (appears to qualify on felony murder) and three mitigating factors (appears to have no qualification).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3