OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I'm still here too, just waiting for new information/news.

I hear you on the photos Deltucky, it's a little irritating. The case map I made for other possible victims has been shared all over, used in videos. It's crackers, 121,000 views so far, never known anything like it, but I'm like hey, that is my hard work there, and it is for sleuthing purposes... but I've seen it posted places and taken as gospel that JDW has over 20 victims. I even got an email from one irate lady asking why I had shared it with her and to not do it again... :facepalm: Nothing I can do about it, I have to make it public or nobody could see it.

Well, my goodness. This is quite interesting, though it must be frustrating to the ones who put so much work into their maps. You need a watermark, peeps. But then that blocks bits of the map. Your hard work and attention to detail is definitely appreciated .... apparently by more than WS.

Well, my goodness. This is quite interesting, though it must be frustrating to the ones who put so much work into their maps. You need a watermark, peeps. But then that blocks bits of the map. Your hard work and attention to detail is definitely appreciated .... apparently by more than WS.

You probably did many LE officers jobs for them! They didn't have to do anything except copy your map! Good job! So much work and its so appreciated.

Agreed. I'm still here too, just waiting for new information/news.

I hear you on the photos Deltucky, it's a little irritating. The case map I made for other possible victims has been shared all over, used in videos. It's crackers, 121,000 views so far, never known anything like it, but I'm like hey, that is my hard work there, and it is for sleuthing purposes... but I've seen it posted places and taken as gospel that JDW has over 20 victims. I even got an email from one irate lady asking why I had shared it with her and to not do it again... :facepalm: Nothing I can do about it, I have to make it public or nobody could see it.

It must be frustrating Skib.

I try to remember that this is a public forum and I intend to keep my identity secret - we often dig up a lot of dirt on bad guys and though we follow the rules the rest of the public does not. Even at this moment, with little activity there are 4 members and 8 guests. That's the public watching what we post.

If it gets shared, as long as it's linked to WS, it may help someone take a look at a case that needs more eyes. I have seen members posts quoted on blogs and it urks me to no end especially not linked and taken out of context.

But we are 1 step above the rest - as long as we follow the rules.

We also have the parking lot which is not public. Personal work should at least be copyrighted (alt code 0169) © and noted that you own it. Other maps and images are supposed to show a link even if it is a Google source.

But being a public forum - it is what it is. Because of the hard work that you do, WS is often among the top results in a Google search on a high profile case.

Thanks for everything you do :loveyou:

I am very local to this crime and thought I'd join soon after Sierah was found missing. I was pretty active on here, but I have slowly became less active.

A large reason for this decline in my activity is the number of posts that I find disturbing. As snowblossom2 has stated there are some very wrong things being said. I pulled down my pictures of the scene where she was found. I noticed that somebody has used them on their news site. Sadly, I feel that too many posters are just on here for entertainment. I am not leaving the forum, nor am I trying to incite anything; this is just my opinion. Family and friends of Sierah, I would again like to offer my deepest sympathy.

The use of WS members photos, maps, etc has been used (stolen) by media and others before, Nancy Grace is one of them. To prevent the unauthorized use of your items, WS members have suggested watermarking the items you post on here. There are members here that can help give you guidance on this. Just ask. (Sorry I do not do this or I would have helped).

I agree. It shouldn't come as a shock. I have heard numerous people feel the same way.

My opinion only, in regards to people wishing violence and general badness towards JDW.

I think, or at least I like to think, that most of us here understand his right to due process as a citizen of this country. This is understood intellectually, and it is understood that the only way this can be upheld is if it applies to everyone.
I don't believe that any of us want someone convicted wrongfully, and certainly don't want someone executed for something they did not do.

It's the emotional aspects that are problematic. When you stop and think about how Sierah was found. How she had JUST left her boyfriends side. How she was young and lovely, wanting nothing more than to enjoy a bike ride on a beautiful country day. How his barn seems to be the scene of who knows how many depraved acts. How Sierah is gone forever, and he goes on. It FEELS so wrong, and unfair! And learning some of the more sordid details, well, it angries up the blood, you know?

Whether it feels wrong that he watches TV and has any ailments tended to in jail or not, it's right. It is the way it must be, as we aren't barbarians.

I will admit, sometimes I see posts wishing violence upon a suspected perp and I agree totally at the time. Sometimes I see them and shake my head, or even get angry. When I do, I think about what would happen if the poster was given the actual opportunity to inflict their idea of punishment themselves? Nothing, because even though the emotions are high, most people don't want to ACTUALLY hurt another human. Even when that human enjoys hurting others.

We can feel, and we can reason. And the results don't always line up perfectly.

:twocents:

Hmm maybe I can make a websleuths icon to drop on the map. I have no problem with my maps being shared and viewed by anyone, like stele says it might be good to get a case valuable attention. I'm using a free service provided by Google. I just got concerned about some of the things I saw people say on SM. The map is for us, for websleuths. To sleuth other possible victims. It's not claiming/stating definite victims (apart from SJ and RG) To see people say that it showed JDW had over 20 victims annoyed me somewhat because it is stated under the map details what it really is, and there is a link to the thread discussing other possible victims too. It has my name on it, I didn't want anyone thinking I was making claims I have not made.

Skibs, I like the idea of at least putting a WS icon ..... but you might need permission for Tricia? Not sure, so why not ask a mod first. As for the way it is, it has you covered .... it clearly shows these are "possible" other cases to be further investigated.

Emily Nelson WTOL~Tonight I'm investigating cold case murders since 1980 with eerily similar circumstances to 20-year-old Sierah Joughin’s case. The bodies of some of these women, including Lori Ann Hill (pictured) were found just a few miles from where Siereah's body was discovered and not far from James Worley’s home. Details tonight at 6 on WTOL NEWS 11.

Emily Nelson WTOL~Tonight I'm investigating cold case murders since 1980 with eerily similar circumstances to 20-year-old Sierah Joughin’s case. The bodies of some of these women, including Lori Ann Hill (pictured) were found just a few miles from where Siereah's body was discovered and not far from James Worley’s home. Details tonight at 6 on WTOL NEWS 11.

Ohh I want to see this. Hoping it will be online somewhere!

I am not saying I condone violence, however I do understand. I grew up in that area, lived there for 20+ years. I would have never dreamed of something like this happening. Even though I no longer live there it hurts my soul. I have been angry, cried, and frustrated....for the family, Josh, friends & the community. It just sucks.

sarlen78, WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!
Just an FYI to get you in the swing of things here. When you post something like this, we need to have a link to where we can find it. Thanks. I found the story for us:

http://www.wtol.com/story/32825951/...in-be-responsible-for-other-cold-case-murders

Worley’s home is at County Road L and Road 6. Very close to at least three of these.

Possible connctions:
1980: Bobbie Lee Wells, 30, found along County Road F at Roads 2 and 3 in Fulton County. beaten with a hammer.
1981: Michelle Ann Hoffman, 19, found in Milberry Park ( few miles from where Worley allegedly workrd)
1982: Sharon Ward, 17, dead in a cornfield in Oregon.
Karen Lee Kohls, 32, missing near Oak Openings MetroPark, ( near the Fulton County- Lucas County border). body has not been found.
1983: Joann Jaso, 27, found wearing only tennis shoes, near County Road F in Wauseon.
1985: Lori Ann Hill, 14, body was found at County Road M and 12 mile Road.
1995: Tabitha Ann Guth, 19, missing in August 1995. body was found only wearing tennis shoes (off Laskey Rd., west Toledo)

Just an FYI to get you in the swing of things here. When you post something like this, we need to have a link to where we can find it. Thanks. I found the story for us:

http://www.wtol.com/story/32825951/...in-be-responsible-for-other-cold-case-murders

Worley’s home is at County Road L and Road 6. Very close to at least three of these.

Possible connctions:
1980: Bobbie Lee Wells, 30, found along County Road F at Roads 2 and 3 in Fulton County. beaten with a hammer.
1981: Michelle Ann Hoffman, 19, found in Milberry Park ( few miles from where Worley allegedly workrd)
Karen Lee Kohls, 32, missing near Oak Openings MetroPark, ( near the Fulton County- Lucas County border). body has not been found.
1983: Joann Jaso, 27, found wearing only tennis shoes, near County Road F in Wauseon.
1995: Tabitha Ann Guth, 19, missing in August 1995. body was found only wearing tennis shoes (off Laskey Rd., west Toledo)

I think what salen posted came from Emily Nelsons Facebook.

'Emily Nelson did some digging' *cough* read WS *cough* looked at my map.

Hi Emily :wave:

There are so many posts for Lori Ann Hill on this thread.

Can someone post the link for her Websleuths dedicated thread please. I would like to read up on the case

TIA

There are so many posts for Lori Ann Hill on this thread.

Can someone post the link for her Websleuths dedicated thread please. I would like to read up on the case

TIA

I can't find one for her but there is discussion for her and these other cases here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ims-of-accused-killer-James-Dean-Worley/page5

And the following links may help fill you in:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/lori_ann_hill_vanished_in_1985.php

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/14590258/25-year-old-cold-case-of-murdered-swanton-girl-reopened

I think what salen posted came from Emily Nelsons Facebook.

'Emily Nelson did some digging' *cough* read WS *cough* looked at my map.

Hi Emily :wave:

Thanks for posting your very helpful map of possible victims of JDW, skibaboo. Seems that it is getting very popular across the internet. I would also like to salute Emily Nelson of WTOL News 11 for sharing the info of the possible victims of JDW. That is an extremely high number of unsolved missing and murdered young women cases in one geographical area with a common denominator of a serial sexual predator living nearby. Especially one that runs a barn of terror and torture and made the statement to his court ordered therapist after his first known abduction attempt “I learned from each abduction that I had done and the next one I am going to bury.”

If law enforcement had info of a mountain lion sighting in the area, there would have been warnings on every newscast and flyers hanging on every utility pole.
I would conclude this comment with; 'just my opinion', but I actually experienced this happening, except it was a black bear sighting on the Appalachian Trail...

My opinion only, in regards to people wishing violence and general badness towards JDW.

I think, or at least I like to think, that most of us here understand his right to due process as a citizen of this country. This is understood intellectually, and it is understood that the only way this can be upheld is if it applies to everyone.
I don't believe that any of us want someone convicted wrongfully, and certainly don't want someone executed for something they did not do.

It's the emotional aspects that are problematic. When you stop and think about how Sierah was found. How she had JUST left her boyfriends side. How she was young and lovely, wanting nothing more than to enjoy a bike ride on a beautiful country day. How his barn seems to be the scene of who knows how many depraved acts. How Sierah is gone forever, and he goes on. It FEELS so wrong, and unfair! And learning some of the more sordid details, well, it angries up the blood, you know?

Whether it feels wrong that he watches TV and has any ailments tended to in jail or not, it's right. It is the way it must be, as we aren't barbarians.

I will admit, sometimes I see posts wishing violence upon a suspected perp and I agree totally at the time. Sometimes I see them and shake my head, or even get angry. When I do, I think about what would happen if the poster was given the actual opportunity to inflict their idea of punishment themselves? Nothing, because even though the emotions are high, most people don't want to ACTUALLY hurt another human. Even when that human enjoys hurting others.

We can feel, and we can reason. And the results don't always line up perfectly.

:twocents:

Perfectly said and I totally agree. We are human after all..we shoot our mouths off and spill anger into our posts. That's human. I don't think people should take such offense at that and think its . What JDW DID IS DISTURBING. What posters are doing is venting into what they feel is a safe outlet. Please don't take offense to what people are posting. There's no where to go with the sadness and grief that people are feeling. The sense of helplessness. There shouldn't be one of us here that can't understand it on some level. We have a good group here and their frustration and anger and sadness needs an outlet. Don't fault them for it. It will pass...

Possible connctions:

What in the hell was going on in the 80's?? That is WAY to many missing dead women for a town this size..even a town Toledo's size. Good Lord...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne