OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never followed a case with so many google alerts afterwards as to money raising by others and such compassionate updates on the family, and efforts for reform.

This one hit my mailbox today... an interview with her mother. (1:43 minutes video and article)

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2017/07/30/Sierah-Joughin-s-mom-reflects-on-life-of-daughter-fight-for-justice.html Published on July 30, 2017 | Updated 12:28 a. m.

In the video, 1/2 of it her mom speaks about the Senate Bill for registered violent offenders.

"Mrs. Vaculik, 45, said the public concern and compassion that followed was stunning. Supporters wrote emails, cards, and posts to Facebook. They would stop Mrs. Vaculik and offer their story, or provide a book that gave comfort. .....Only two months ago could Mrs. Vaculik read the notes others left at Ms. Joughin’s viewing. Old friends wrote of her kindness, and it was affirming to see what they recognized, she said.

Another planned event is the second annual Keeping Our Girls Safe Memorial Ride. Motorcyclists leave at noon Sunday from Toledo Harley-Davidson, 7960 W. Central Ave., to the Fulton County Fairgrounds.

Mrs. Vaculik called it a therapeutic event for Ms. Joughin’s boyfriend. Proceeds too will fund free self-defense courses for area women. They wish to one day implement such classes into the schools as a required course. All three of Ms. Joughin’s relatives said they want to see the death penalty for Worley if convicted of the capital offense. It’s a matter of justice, they said......Mrs. Vaculik recalled that the prosecutor asked if she would accept a plea bargain. She said she could not, believing there are other victims and those families would need closure first. If that happened, she said she could accept one."

ETA: BBM.. Also...

Question: Is there a verified insider on this case at WS? I cannot recall.

:grouphug: as this family has done so much in her memory. It's outstanding. And Kudos to the Toledo Blade for keeping up with the coverage.

I've never followed a case with so many google alerts afterwards as to money raising by others and such compassionate updates on the family, and efforts for reform.

This one hit my mailbox today... an interview with her mother. (1:43 minutes video and article)

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2017/07/30/Sierah-Joughin-s-mom-reflects-on-life-of-daughter-fight-for-justice.html Published on July 30, 2017 | Updated 12:28 a. m.

In the video, 1/2 of it her mom speaks about the Senate Bill for registered violent offenders.

"Mrs. Vaculik, 45, said the public concern and compassion that followed was stunning. Supporters wrote emails, cards, and posts to Facebook. They would stop Mrs. Vaculik and offer their story, or provide a book that gave comfort. .....Only two months ago could Mrs. Vaculik read the notes others left at Ms. Joughin’s viewing. Old friends wrote of her kindness, and it was affirming to see what they recognized, she said.

Another planned event is the second annual Keeping Our Girls Safe Memorial Ride. Motorcyclists leave at noon Sunday from Toledo Harley-Davidson, 7960 W. Central Ave., to the Fulton County Fairgrounds.

Mrs. Vaculik called it a therapeutic event for Ms. Joughin’s boyfriend. Proceeds too will fund free self-defense courses for area women. They wish to one day implement such classes into the schools as a required course. All three of Ms. Joughin’s relatives said they want to see the death penalty for Worley if convicted of the capital offense. It’s a matter of justice, they said......Mrs. Vaculik recalled that the prosecutor asked if she would accept a plea bargain. She said she could not, believing there are other victims and those families would need closure first. If that happened, she said she could accept one."

ETA: BBM.. Also...

Question: Is there a verified insider on this case at WS? I cannot recall.

:grouphug: as this family has done so much in her memory. It's outstanding. And Kudos to the Toledo Blade for keeping up with the coverage.

jashrema is our verified insider.

Every time he is moved from the jail to the court house an back is room for human error and him escaping. I don't like that at all. Let his lawyers come to HIM in JAIL and show him the evidence. But, the judge ruled otherwise... sigh.

The memorial bike ride is going on today[emoji173]
Must be at LEAST 5-600 bikes!
An amazing site for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sierah's ride was yesterday. There were 640 motorcycles and 1038 riders on those motorcycles. It was really something! Idk how to find out but I would guess that it may be the largest memorial ride in this area, maybe the state! Once the bikes were all lined up, it took over 13 solid minutes for them all to pass. SO many people contributed to this with sponserships, gifts for raffles, logo designs, T-shirt making, Sierah's step father did all the cooking for 1000 people at the fairgrounds....pulled pork, scalloped potatoes, and baked beans!
Josh is really making a difference and this ride is going to get bigger and better every year I am sure.

Here's a vid of Josh addressing the crowd...at the 1:17 mark..DO IT! what josh says to do, do it RIGHT NOW!
https://www.facebook.com/emily.natter/videos/10154798891501188/

Here's another link to an interview with Sheila but there is a wonderful/fun/surprising piece at the very end..

https://www.facebook.com/thetoledoblade/videos/10156458586844606/?hc_ref=ARQo52IT09RjlQCz5Zd4C6Hd4GpPiJK47LRg8x43q3hh_rvGFAjn3M0x7YuAHmimSZ8&pnref=story

640 bikes passed rode thru the cemetary yesterday..
fly high ce.jpg

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2017/07/30/Area-motorcyclist-ride-in-honor-of-slain-Sierah-Joughin.html

"Hundreds of motorcyclists watched as Mr. Kolasinski spoke. He thanked riders for their support, encouraged a safe trip, and readied to make a request. They waited in in silence for 18 seconds before he spoke again.

“I want everybody to get on their phones. Text somebody. I don't care if it's your mom, your husband, somebody, and you say you love them. That was the last thing that I said, and I don't know where I would be today if she didn't know that,” Mr. Kolasinski said.

More than a thousand riders on 640 motorcycles packed the Toledo Harley-Davidson parking lot, where Mr. Kolasinski’s words on Sunday helped kick off the second annual Keeping Our Girls Safe Memorial Ride. All proceeds from the event will fund free self-defense courses for women in northwest Ohio.

The group raised about $18,000 last year and has provided free classes to more than 200 women"

Sierah.JPG

This (memorial ride) is an example of the beauty that is born out of tragedy. By and large, humans are good. ❤️

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2017/07/30/Area-motorcyclist-ride-in-honor-of-slain-Sierah-Joughin.html

"Hundreds of motorcyclists watched as Mr. Kolasinski spoke. He thanked riders for their support, encouraged a safe trip, and readied to make a request. They waited in in silence for 18 seconds before he spoke again.

“I want everybody to get on their phones. Text somebody. I don't care if it's your mom, your husband, somebody, and you say you love them. That was the last thing that I said, and I don't know where I would be today if she didn't know that,” Mr. Kolasinski said.

More than a thousand riders on 640 motorcycles packed the Toledo Harley-Davidson parking lot, where Mr. Kolasinski’s words on Sunday helped kick off the second annual Keeping Our Girls Safe Memorial Ride. All proceeds from the event will fund free self-defense courses for women in northwest Ohio.

The group raised about $18,000 last year and has provided free classes to more than 200 women"

View attachment 120965
Amazing!![emoji173][emoji869][emoji173]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sierah's ride was yesterday. There were 640 motorcycles and 1038 riders on those motorcycles. It was really something! Idk how to find out but I would guess that it may be the largest memorial ride in this area, maybe the state! Once the bikes were all lined up, it took over 13 solid minutes for them all to pass. SO many people contributed to this with sponserships, gifts for raffles, logo designs, T-shirt making, Sierah's step father did all the cooking for 1000 people at the fairgrounds....pulled pork, scalloped potatoes, and baked beans!
Josh is really making a difference and this ride is going to get bigger and better every year I am sure.

Here's a vid of Josh addressing the crowd...at the 1:17 mark..DO IT! what josh says to do, do it RIGHT NOW!
https://www.facebook.com/emily.natter/videos/10154798891501188/

Here's another link to an interview with Sheila but there is a wonderful/fun/surprising piece at the very end..

https://www.facebook.com/thetoledoblade/videos/10156458586844606/?hc_ref=ARQo52IT09RjlQCz5Zd4C6Hd4GpPiJK47LRg8x43q3hh_rvGFAjn3M0x7YuAHmimSZ8&pnref=story

640 bikes passed rode thru the cemetary yesterday..
View attachment 120958

Jashrema,

((((((THANK YOU))))) so much for sharing this video of your dear Nephew Josh.

I remember your VERY FIRST post on the first day about what a wonderful young man he is. This was beautiful and
thank you for sharing it.

Jashrema,

((((((THANK YOU))))) so much for sharing this video of your dear Nephew Josh.

I remember your VERY FIRST post on the first day about what a wonderful young man he is. This was beautiful and...

As I was reading the above article, and seeing the video you are referring to,( for those that haven't seen the video... you will ball during those seconds that he was choking up too https://www.facebook.com/groups/917637451696707/permalink/1260616617398787/) I was thinking what a wonderful young man.

I know at the beginning threads, we all were so very worried about him :grouphug: as to how he would deal with his loss, and he has come through as such an amazing person.

I know that Sierah is smiling down on him, and is proud of him as with all others that have stepped up and surrounded her memory to benefit others.

I would think that her family has so very much bonded with him and is so very close as they consider him as their son-in-law/"adopted" son IYKWIM.

So very bittersweet indeed.

Both those videos made me cry.....in a good way. so glad to see such a huge turnout of support. I'm so thankful Josh has the comfort of knowing his last words to Sierah were 'I love you'. RIP beautiful Sierah..

I guess no live stream or "live" tweets??

TIA! :wave:

Whatever happened with the possibility of Worley being a serial killer, or there being additional victims?

Whatever happened with the possibility of Worley being a serial killer, or there being additional victims?

Good question. There sure seemed many possibilities out there

You read my mind. I was going to ask the same thing earlier.

Google Alert - sharing

Man accused of killing Sierah Joughin back in court as attorneys prepare for Jan. trial
http://www.wtol.com/story/36207169/...k-in-court-as-attorneys-prepare-for-jan-trial

FULTON COUNTY, OH (WTOL) -
The man accused of kidnapping and murdering a University of Toledo student is back in court Thursday.
[.....]
Worley's court appearance is an attorney planning session to make sure the case is on track to go to trial in January.
The trial is expected to last four weeks.

Very short article and of course, they don't give us the next court hearing date.... :gaah:

Anyone know "when"?
TIA!

JUSTICE for SIERAH! :rose:

:judge:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics