OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what happened on Thursday hearing?? Any "new" court date?

TIA!

Anyone know what happened on Thursday hearing?? Any "new" court date?

TIA!

Nope. I sent a bat signal out to the Toledo Blade folks, but perhaps since weekend, no response to my inquiry (they usually are up on this case)

ETA: They just responded and said still on track for January 16th. No report from Thursday court though.

:bump: up to see if any "new" hearing dates are scheduled before trial in January!

TIA!

:bump: up to see if any "new" hearing dates are scheduled before trial in January!

TIA!

Im glad to see this thread still being active. I have not been keeping up as much as I should be for being a local and having been there last summer. (Ive been down the Delphi murders rabbit hole since February) . I often refer to the potential other victims list of JDW all the time, and i too am perplexed how we have not heard a peep about his other likely victims. I really thought by now they would have linked him to some. I hope they are still working hard at doing this aspect as well. I will very likely be at his trial in January if possible .

I go back and forth on whether he's smart enough to have killed multiple people and hide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upping:

Is the trials till on for next month?

From your link: WTOL 11 will have cameras in the courtroom room and will bring you the latest on-air and on our news app.

does anyone know the time for today’s hearing
?
I cannot find an exact time or any time for today. Next court proceeding 1/8/18, no time listed.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

And I have his trial to begin Jan. 16th...

He appeared in court this morning... wish the coverage had been better.
[FONT=&quot]Several outstanding motions were also discussed at the hearing, such as the locations of cell phone towers used to gather data from Sierah and Worley's phones.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One final pretrial hearing is scheduled for January to make sure everything is read for the trial. The trial is expected to last up to a month.
[/FONT]http://www.wtol.com/story/37035347/man-accused-of-abducting-killing-sierah-joughin-appears-in-court

A month sounds pretty quick to me! I think that's a good sign that they have major evidence!

With a Jan. 16 trial date looming, a rural Delta man charged with capital murder plans to ask the court to postpone his jury trial.

Mark Berling, lead defense attorney for James Worley, said Tuesday that he intends to ask Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson to continue the trial date for Worley "due to some scheduling problems with an expert witness for the mitigation phase, should there be one."

A hearing in Worley's case is scheduled for Wednesday.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...lay-trial-in-Sierah-Jouhghin-murder-case.html

The trial has been postponed until March 16, 2018.

Just got a Google alert on this!

Where did you find the "new" trial date jashrema? I don't see it in the article posted by JerseyGirl or the one I got this morning. And considering it is still about 3 or 4 in the morning there in Ohio, the hearing hasn't been held yet? :thinking:

TIA!

and edited to add: why would they start a trial on a Friday??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3