OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News has their facts all wrong. Extremely disappointing that he continues to languish in a jail instead of prison, on death row.

Yes. It's sickening that by the time he comes to trial (unless they postpone AGAIN), it will be pushing 2 YEARS since he took her.

Does that mean the Jan. 8th hearing is cancelled??

TIA!

WTOL and 13 ABC just released new information on trial moved to March 2018.

Year it down and put up a parking lot for others to drop off their car and go biking riding with their families. We need this to be a positive place for others.

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/db/347256/content/NQJ7FoIU

So dissapointing for the family.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Jashrema, do you know what this means? What kind of plea was offered, and does the family want him to take it or go to trial? I really want the trial, but if family would like to avoid such a devastating time, I would understand. Thank you. :hug:

from the link quoted:

The state has offered a first written plea deal to Worley.
His attorneys have discussed the offer but are unsure what he will decide to do.
The plea deal will be placed on the record at the pretrial which is set to begin on February 12 at 1 p.m. Worley should have a decision by then.

[FONT=&amp]The state offered their first written plea deal to Worley Monday as well. While the details of the detail were not made public, if Worley accepts the deal, he will not face the death penalty.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]His attorneys have discussed the offer but are unsure what he will decide to do.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"You never know. This is the 20th capitol case I have done and each one has its own quirk. So sometimes they resolve; sometimes they don't," Berling said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The plea deal will be placed on the record at a pretrial hearing, which is set to begin on February 12 at 1 p.m. Worley should have a decision by then.
http://www.wtol.com/story/37101797/attorney-asks-for-delay-in-james-worley-murder-trial[/FONT]

Anyone care to guess what Worley's sister shared at this late date? Would the DA be aware of what was shared, or is the plea deal unrelated to the ground shaking revelation?

• Worley murdered someone in the past.
  • Worley had a catastrophic event in his child hood that made him murder.

Just got a google alert:

https://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/...elay-trial-in-Sierah-Joughin-murder-case.html

WAUSEON – While the capital murder trial of James Worley was postponed Wednesday until March, the Fulton County prosecutor has extended a proposed plea agreement that would remove the possibility of the death penalty, defense counsel said.
[.....]
Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson scheduled a final pretrial hearing in Worley's case for Feb. 12 and continued the trial until March 5.

Trial March 5th OR March 16th???? I have not seen March 16th in any of the articles....

:confused:

Three foot stack of documents obtained from interviews with JW's sister, according to the defense. Is the defense trying to plea insanity? Did his sister get him to talk?

[FONT=&amp]Mr. Berling said an investigator for the defense had gone out to California to talk with Worley's sister and returned with “a plethora of information that we didn't” have previously. That information has been turned over to John Fabian, a forensic and clinical psychologist who is expected to testify as an expert in the mitigation phase of Worley's trial.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“The information that she gave us was very helpful,” Mr. Berling said after the hearing. “ I literally have a three-foot pile of documents as a result of [the] investigation. We sent that out to the neuropsychologist, and it's overwhelming really to have this sprung on you this close to the trial date. He said there was simply no way he could digest all of that and conduct all the testing that has to be done.”[/FONT]

https://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2017/12/20/Judge-agrees-to-delay-trial-in-Sierah-Joughin-murder-case.html

My heart goes out to family and friends as this must have been a very difficult decision for them to make as to settle and or go to trial. I have seen many trials where my heart hurts so many months for the family listening to the tragic events, versus putting the monster away for life.

I have no other prayer, other than that the prayers of the family and the friends are in agreement with this decision for a plea so they do not have to listen to the abhorable things that were done and can put him away for life.

"Last month the State offered Worley a plea deal which took the death penalty off the table. This was done in hopes of resolving this case before a lengthy and costly trial.

February is when Worley makes his decision on if he will accept the deal. If he doesn't, his trial will begin in march and could last over a month."

http://m.wtol.com/toledonewsnow/db_347256/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=mGfaxjKV

ETA: I have NEVER seen a case, (many others come close, and not to diminish nor compare them..sorry) as another poster mentioned above, that has had so many google alerts for the family and friends moving together in efforts to make a legacy with legislation, and to support her memory. Kudos. ((Jashrema and friends and family))

Checking in and hoping the family is holding up. I cannot put myself in their shoes to know how this would be if I had to make some of their decisions. I hope they get all the answers they want and need. A trial will be so difficult if we get one.

I can't seem to find when El Diablo served in prison for the drug charges...can anyone tell me that please?

I can't seem to find when El Diablo served in prison for the drug charges...can anyone tell me that please?

She said that because Worley was last in prison from 2000 to 2002 on drug and weapon charges,
, his DNA profile likely was not on file until now.

In 2005, Ohio began requiring that all residents convicted of felonies and some serious misdemeanors submit a DNA sample. In 2011, a more stringent law went into effect requiring that all adults arrested on felony charges submit a DNA sample upon their arrest.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...idden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

She said that because Worley was last in prison from 2000 to 2002 on drug and weapon charges,
, his DNA profile likely was not on file until now.

In 2005, Ohio began requiring that all residents convicted of felonies and some serious misdemeanors submit a DNA sample. In 2011, a more stringent law went into effect requiring that all adults arrested on felony charges submit a DNA sample upon their arrest.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...idden-room-on-Jouhing-suspect-s-property.html

Thanks Dixie..I came across this obscure footnote about a young woman in Bowling Green Kentucky that the perp hit her while she was riding her bike and then he tried dragging her into the car. Just like Robin Gardner. He was chased off by witnesses. They give no info about the car nor the exact date it happened, I'm thinking it was in early 2000 maybe tho.

:bump: up for today's hearing:

Monday, February 12th:
*Final Pretrial Hearing (Plea Deal on table) (@ 1pm ET) - OH - Sierah Joughin (20) (July 19, 2016) - James Dean Worley (57) indicted on 2 counts of aggravated murder, abduction & felonious assault; also w/having weapons under a disability, aggravated robbery, kidnapping & gross abuse of corpse.; DP case; accused of abduction 26 yrs ago. Trial was set for Jan. 16th; postponed to Mar. 5th; should last about 4 weeks. Jury selection is expected to last about a week. 12/21/17: Judge Jeffrey Robinson scheduled a final pretrial hearing in Worley's case for Feb. 12 to accept plea deal (takes DP off table) or continue to trial on March 5.

News teams are at the courthouse right now. JUSTICE for BEAUTIFUL SIERAH! ❤ PRAYERS and love for Sierah's Mom, siblings, Josh and friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth