OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News teams are at the courthouse right now. JUSTICE for BEAUTIFUL SIERAH! ❤ PRAYERS and love for Sierah's Mom, siblings, Josh and friends!
. Trial is still on. Plea was not discussed. Is this so they can bring it back during the trial?

News vans were at the courthouse early this morning and just a few minutes ago they were still there.
They are now gone.
UPDATE PLEASE

News vans were at the courthouse early this morning and just a few minutes ago they were still there.
They are now gone.
UPDATE PLEASE
WTOL has on their site the trial is still on for March

They are now gone.
UPDATE PLEASE

Here's the latest that I found ~ 45 minutes ago:

James Worley, 58, is charged with aggravated murder, kidnapping, and other counts stemming from the July, 2016, slaying of Sierah Joughin, 20. Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson on Monday confirmed that the jury selection process for the case is to begin March 5 with testimony starting on March 12.
While defense attorney Mark Berling previously said prosecutors had offered to dismiss the capital specification as part of a plea agreement, there was no discussion of any plea offers during a court appearance Monday.

http://www.toledoblade.com/news/2018/02/12/Worley-case-on-schedule-for-March-trial.html

The prosecutor asked the court to dismiss two counts of aggravated robbery but didn't say why.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/02/12/Worley-case-on-schedule-for-March-trial.html

While defense attorney Mark Berling previously said prosecutors had offered to dismiss the capital specification as part of a plea agreement, there was no discussion of any plea offers during a court appearance Monday. Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman asked the court to dismiss two counts of aggravated robbery but gave no reason.

:pullhair:

:grouphug: Jashrema :grouphug:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/02/12/Worley-case-on-schedule-for-March-trial.html

Above link has been updated...

"At a final pretrial hearing Monday, Fulton County Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Robinson confirmed the trial will begin March 5 with interviews of prospective jurors. Testimony in the case is to begin March 12.....

The judge also asked each side to let the court know how many family members would be attending the trial.

Mr. Haselman said 24 representatives of Ms. Joughin's family planned to attend. Merle Dech, co-counsel for Worley, said he would advise the court at a later date of how many relatives would be there for his client."

As you all know, the devil didn't take a plea and so it will begin. I was praying SO hard he would take the plea so this didn't have to happen. Please pray for josh and sierah's families..

Since the plea was not address can it be revisited during the trial. He won't take it he feels he is not guilty. I pray the prosecution takes the upper hand and doesn't let the defense run the trial.

I'm not sure...I think once he didn't accept, he missed his chance. There are lawyers on this thread that would probably know tho.

I am baffled that he didn't take the plea.
I just took a look at the items recovered from his home, for the first time in a long time. And I am baffled by this.

I don't believe that JW can just change his mind about the plea at any point in time, but I do think the prosecution can offer it again whenever they like.

Sending you a hug, Jashrema. <3

Does anyone know if this will be live-streamed or have any tweeters??

TIA!

:hug: jashrema!!

Another article:

Immense amount of work,money going into James Worley murder trial
http://www.wtol.com/story/37636112/immense-amount-of-workmoney-going-

into-james-worley-murder-trial

FULTON COUNTY, OH (WTOL) -
Jury selection for James Worley, who is facing 17 charges in the kidnapping and murder of Sierah Joughin begins Monday. More than 200 jurors have been summoned and will report for jury duty.
[.....]
There will be 120 jurors who will report to the courthouse Monday. The other half will be questioned by attorneys and the judge Tuesday.

The process is expected to wrap up within a week so that opening statements and the first witness can be called to the stand the following week.
[.....]
..... the judge just expanded the ban on clothing either in support or against either party. T-shirts and other clothing are now banned. Not just inside in the courthouse, but they are also not allowed to be worn in parking lots, streets and sidewalks surrounding the courthouse.

Seems like just yesterday we were watching the horror unfold. I have no doubt Worley will be convicted, really thought he would take a plea. I flashed back to that letter he wrote to the judge all those years ago. He wasn't guilty of anything, have pity on me, nothing was ever his fault ...

My thoughts will be with Sierra's family, I hope they find a degree of comfort that this monster will die in prison.

Seems like just yesterday we were watching the horror unfold. I have no doubt Worley will be convicted, really thought he would take a plea. I flashed back to that letter he wrote to the judge all those years ago. He wasn't guilty of anything, have pity on me, nothing was ever his fault ...

My thoughts will be with Sierra's family, I hope they find a degree of comfort that this monster will die in prison.

I think it is standard when people are first charged to plead not guilty. They do this because the lawyer say let's see what the evidence and discovery shows and see if there is more to it that possibly we can get out of. Him refusing The Plea before the trial with all the discovery known leads me to believe he is just like many other sociopaths and Psychopaths and that they only want to just destroy the family and abuse the criminal justice system on the government and taxpayers dime and waste their time. In my opinion.(e.g. Jodi Arias and Christopher Lee)

Another article:

Immense amount of work,money going into James Worley murder trial
http://www.wtol.com/story/37636112/immense-amount-of-workmoney-going-

into-james-worley-murder-trial

FULTON COUNTY, OH (WTOL) -
Jury selection for James Worley, who is facing 17 charges in the kidnapping and murder of Sierah Joughin begins Monday. More than 200 jurors have been summoned and will report for jury duty.
[.....]
There will be 120 jurors who will report to the courthouse Monday. The other half will be questioned by attorneys and the judge Tuesday.

The process is expected to wrap up within a week so that opening statements and the first witness can be called to the stand the following week.
[.....]
..... the judge just expanded the ban on clothing either in support or against either party. T-shirts and other clothing are now banned. Not just inside in the courthouse, but they are also not allowed to be worn in parking lots, streets and sidewalks surrounding the courthouse.

Bold and underlined: :blushing: :shame:

Monday, March 5th:
*Jury Selection begins (continues tomorrow) (@ ET) - OH - Sierah Joughin (20) (July 19, 2016) - James Dean Worley (57) indicted on 2 counts of aggravated murder, abduction & felonious assault; also w/having weapons under a disability, aggravated robbery (dismissed), kidnapping & gross abuse of corpse.; DP case; accused of abduction 26 yrs ago. Trial starts March 12th; should last about 4 weeks. Sierah's BF is nephew of WS member jasrema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen