Not open for further replies.
Must read RG as relates to SJ document.

Attachments

• RG MUST READ1.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
  • RG MUST READ2.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 89

Great find! It appears under rules of evidence 404 (b) that RG's testimony will be allowed in at trial and not as an aggravator at penalty phase. Which is when I thought it would only be allowed.Thanks for this. Appears I was wrong.

Trying to get caught up. TT updated their app and it’s learning curve time again.
Pics of JW’s injuries - yes! I remember either hearing something about this or Ce’s family mentioning she would have fought her hardest.
Bellecent made an amazing point about the red shorts and riding a motorcycle. Who was wearing the red shorts??
Will the ME testify on Tuesday?
The way I understand it media is not in the courtroom but in a media room? They can’t see reactions of jury members or family members. I think that’s what I read yesterday from a reporter’s tweet.
Final thought...this was the last case I was on with Foxfire. I think he’s doing everything he can to make sure Sierah has justice.
I was wondering where the media was because there is 1 man with an unlabeled camera but all the different news stations cars are there.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm catching up with early testimony, but there is pretty much zero chance,that he didn't actually sexually assault her, right? I get they might not have evidence of it, but between his searches and his props, there would be 1 main goal, right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It hurts so much to even think this, but....you are probably right.
Unless his main goal was humuliation and inflicting pain ... :sick:

O—M—G ! These are all great finds. Thank you, MamaP; having these documents is very helpful. unfortunately, these two here are so hard to read without wanting to throw up. The similarities between SJ and RG are nearly identical. I feel badly for RG to have to be on the stand to talk about her experience, but commend her and pray she has the strength to bring this man to the justice he deserves. Never, ever, let him walk in freedom again.

A hairline head fracture. :tears: Oh, Sierah, what you endured is too horrific and hard to understand how such evil exists.

Be strong, RG. praying you have a solid support system.

I cannot express just how sick I feel right now, after reading those documents. This family has so very much to hold in right now. I hope one day they can think of Sierah with happier memories than what must be implanted in their minds right now.

I was wondering where the media was because there is 1 man with an unlabeled camera but all the different news stations cars are there.

Here is the tweet I had read about a “media room.”
https://twitter.com/lelindstrom/status/974268655679819776?s=21
“Tweeting/updating is challenging during trial as Judge Robinson banned phones and I find the media room across the street lacking because you can’t see the rest of the room, get a sense of how the jury and gallery is reacting to certain testimony. It’s important to be there.”

Do you think they moved RG up to speak since they are wrapping up the prosecuting witnesses on Wednesday?

If I'm not mistaken, he clubbed Robin in the back of the head and she too, suffered a skull fracture. He waits until they turn their backs like the coward he is.

Are those documents with the witnesses defense called final? I thought I herd JW brother was going to testify. Will that be for the prosecuting side? I was assuming his sister was going to testify to since they delayed the trial to go to California to talk to her?

Here is the tweet I had read about a “media room.”
https://twitter.com/lelindstrom/status/974268655679819776?s=21
“Tweeting/updating is challenging during trial as Judge Robinson banned phones and I find the media room across the street lacking because you can’t see the rest of the room, get a sense of how the jury and gallery is reacting to certain testimony. It’s important to be there.”

I don't get this because I have seen the 3 reporters (all female) in the very last row and several times, 2 of them have had ipads/or notebooks out that they were typing on.

If I'm not mistaken, he clubbed Robin in the back of the head and she too, suffered a skull fracture. He waits until they turn their backs like the coward he is.

Do you think he was stopped along the road “working” on his bike so he could stop and ask to use her phone? That’s when he hit her in the head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it had been mentioned earlier I must have missed that he had the other key to the handcuffs found with Sierah in his workshop. These docs also state he had “kidnapping kits” in both of his trucks. This man can’t ever be free again.

After a couple hours of searching through official documents, I found some of interest.

• Defense witness list & additions to list

This is my first posting so please pardon the errors if I make them. I have followed SJ's case since day one & am also part of research pertaining to "Sierah's Law". SJ's loved ones have had my deepest heartfelt prayers from the start.

This site has become not only a support system to my thoughts but an incredible learning devise about trials, LE, procedures, evidence. I have become a fan of a few of you MamaP to mention as one of them. So thank you all for your dedicaton & education you all bring.

Now my question is on MamaP's attachments. I can't seem to access them, is there a trick to it or just not available on android devises? Thanks

I don't get this because I have seen the 3 reporters (all female) in the very last row and several times, 2 of them have had ipads/or notebooks out that they were typing on.

It doesn’t make sense to me either.

This is my first posting so please pardon the errors if I make them. I have followed SJ's case since day one & am also part of research pertaining to "Sierah's Law". SJ's loved ones have had my deepest heartfelt prayers from the start.

This site has become not only a support system to my thoughts but an incredible learning devise about trials, LE, procedures, evidence. I have become a fan of a few of you MamaP to mention as one of them. So thank you all for your dedicaton & education you all bring.

Now my question is on MamaP's attachments. I can't seem to access them, is there a trick to it or just not available on android devises? Thanks

I had a hard time opening them at first too. I have an iPhone and just started using Tapatalk last night as I’m on vacation and away from my computer.

To get the documents to open I tapped them once to download and a second time to open them when the download was complete.

Great find! It appears under rules of evidence 404 (b) that RG's testimony will be allowed in at trial and not as an aggravator at penalty phase. Which is when I thought it would only be allowed.Thanks for this. Appears I was wrong.

Bravo, I'm not sure that I've seen the judges response to the latest filing though allowing such in the wonderful PDF's that MamaP has given us. The prosecution has done a great job having the strongest witnesses first (Josh) and last (RG/if so during CIC)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131596&d=1521276830
2/17 Judge order snippets

Thereafter, the State provides in its brief "facts" it intends to introduce at trial in an effort to provide proof of the commonality of the actions of the Defendant in this case and in the 1990 conviction. At this point in time, the Court cannot say with any degree of certainty the State has in fact established commonality because testimony regarding the Defendant's alleged actions in this case has not yet been placed into evidence. To rule on the admissibility of the prior conviction without regard to the admissibility of the alleged conduct of the Defendant in this case would be premature and potentially prejudicial. The Court therefore is reserving ruling on the Defendant's Motion in Limine until after the Defense has rested its case. If the Court is satisfied that the State has met its burden as set forth in the McAdory case, the victim of the prior offense shall be allowed to testify as to the actions of the Defendant which led to his previous conviction. IT IS SO ORDER

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131597&d=1521276850
March 9[SUP]th[/SUP] filing by Haselman/Prosecutor in response to judge order snippets

While the Court has previously held its final determination on Defendant's Motion No. 62 in abeyance pending the laying of an adequate foundation, as the Court has at least twice mentioned during the jury selection process that Ms G's testimony may be permitted during "rebuttal", the State is compelled to file this Additional Memorandum as Ohio law clearly and unequivocally indicates that proper Evidence Rule 404(B) evidence is to be admitted in the State's case-in-chief. ...

The State will not recount the similarity of the factual circumstances between what 2 happened between Ms. G and Defendant back in 1990 and the expected evidence in the case at bar. In that regard, the State would simply refer the Court to the State's prior filings regarding the matter. However, the State is merely filing this Additional Memorandum to make it clear that it is well-established law, as recognized by the Ohio Supreme Court and the Sixth District Court of Appeals, that Evidence Rule 404(B) evidence showing "proof of motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, [or] identity" is admissible in the State's casein-chief, and is not limited to rebuttal...

Moreover, while the State believes that the case law cited in Section A clearly calls for the State's proposed Evidence Rule 404(B) evidence to be admitted during the State's case-inchief, the State would likewise submit that limiting such evidence to rebuttal makes no sense when looking at what the State must prove in its case-in-chief, and the issues which are properly raised on rebuttal….

CONCLUSION For the foregoing reasons, and as set forth in the State's Response to Defendant's Motion #62, it is clear that (1) the factual circumstances surrounding the 1990 incident involving Ms. G are admissible under the terms of Evidence Rule 404(B); and (2) that such evidence is admissible during the State's case-in-chief.

It is nice to have you join us :welcome:

I don’t know why the documents won’t open, although they were created as adobe docs, it appears. Hope you can see them, because there is a lot of info in them. Maybe smallfry was able to help ... fingers crossed.

Possibly, this page may help you figure it out: https://m.wikihow.tech/View-PDF-Files-on-an-Android-Phone (Acrobat reader help for Android, opening pdf’s)

or this, (which seems more confusing to me) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/rm/android/acrobatandroid_en/open.html

What does “part of research pertaining to "Sierah's Law" mean, If I may ask? Were you a part of helping to write it, doing research on how a law gets made, or .... Just curious, but glad you were able to take part and help out, however you did! :tyou:

I had a hard time opening them at first too. I have an iPhone and just started using Tapatalk last night as I’m on vacation and away from my computer.

To get the documents to open I tapped them once to download and a second time to open them when the download was complete.

Just joined Tapatalk & that was the key thank you smallfry345! :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Do you think they moved RG up to speak since they are wrapping up the prosecuting witnesses on Wednesday?

Very good question. They scheduled her the same day as the FBI agent who is to return to testify to the rest of JW’s computer stuff. So I’m assuming something will be filed to move up the date they are required in court. We will find out soon enough.

I honestly do not believe they need her testimony but if I was her, I would be happy to get on that stand, look El Diablo in the eyes and put the screws to him.

Please excuse my grammar, lack of vocab and crabbiness..... I’m a little foggy from no sleep. I have gotten maybe 3-4 hrs of sleep every night since the trial started. If a ‘lay’ person like me is this affected I can’t even start to imagine what those actually involved in the case must be going through. COMPLETE H E double hockey stick are the only words that come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member