GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised when I saw the juror who was pregnant. I thought the same thing..why in the hell would they sit someone who was pregnant, and her belly was large. I thought she was around 8 months pregnant. You have to sit for hours at a time (not good for pregnancy)...i didn't get it. Now..back to square one...this sucks

I, for one, do NOT believe that he wanted to watch her die. Using a gag would only allow him to watch her pass out. I think it was a mistake on his part,and that it more than likely infuriated him. I believe that the Good Lord chose to lift her up out of there before any further indignity, pain or suffering could befall her.

If the jurors think that also, and it was a mistake that she died at the time she died, I wonder how that will impact their verdict as far as which charge they choose?

Many states say if somebody dies during a felony, it doesn't matter if it was intended or not if I recall correctly.

The highest charge is for intention. If he intended on killing her later but did it by accident earlier, would that then therefore have the jurors do a lesser charge than first-degree?

:dunno: as I had never considered that, but following the law I would think it may make a difference.

I don't have a saved document which has each and every charge to figure this out, perhaps others here are in the know, and/Or have opinion.

:grouphug: Jashrema :rose:

Regarding the article previously posted by Spellbound from Crescent News that discusses the school video footage...

He sat in that field with her, so close to her home, for three hours? Doing what? This all just makes me so sick.

They also said the day after Sierah went missing, he was sore from pushing his motorcycle but they think it was from digging. Do you all think he buried her on that first night?

i too went past her memorial site this morning and told her "justice will be served baby girl! "
and you didn't ramble it was very heart felt and there is nothing wrong with that! <3

i was surprised when i saw her too..she kept fanning herself you could tell she was uncomfortable

Regarding the article previously posted by Spellbound from Crescent News that discusses the school video footage...

He sat in that field with her, so close to her home, for three hours? Doing what? This all just makes me so sick.

They also said the day after Sierah went missing, he was sore from pushing his motorcycle but they think it was from digging. Do you all think he buried her on that first night?

BBM

Going by the timeline we know, that seems to be the most likely time he was digging ... Tuesday late at night.

Last seen by boyfriend: 6:45 pm Tuesday July 19
reported missing @ 11 pm
search began Wed. @ 3 am
Her bike, a helmet found sometime on Wednesday
[court records show he was in the area of the found bike for about 2 hrs]
JW arrested early morning of 7/21 (Thursday), arraigned Friday 7/22
Body found @ 6pm Friday

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

WTOL Video update from after jury was sequestered last night:
https://www.facebook.com/wtol11/videos/10155214252621481/

I&#8217;m not sure the above link works for us. There are a couple video updates at WTOL FB:
https://www.facebook.com/wtol11/

Mostly just jabbering ... I wish the young gal was a little more professional. I don&#8217;t feel the juror was &#8220;kicked off&#8221; but was removed due to health issues. Just semantics, but it annoys me. :blushing:

BBM

Going by the timeline we know, that seems to be the most likely time he was digging ... Tuesday late at night.

Last seen by boyfriend: 6:45 pm Tuesday July 19
reported missing @ 11 pm
search began Wed. @ 3 am
Her bike, a helmet found sometime on Wednesday
[court records show he was in the area of the found bike for about 2 hrs]
JW arrested early morning of 7/21 (Thursday), arraigned Friday 7/22
Body found @ 6pm Friday

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Wasn't he questioned on wed the 20th at his home and complained about helmet? Short window for him to complete everything he did.

Wasn't he questioned on wed the 20th at his home and complained about helmet? Short window for him to complete everything he did.

If I recall correctly, the helmet was found the evening that she went missing. It was turned in the next day. Someone else here may want to correct me, or confirm.

That&#8217;s what I thought ... I could not find an exact date/time so didn't include it. Thanks!

If I recall correctly, the helmet was found the evening that she went missing. It was turned in the next day. Someone else here may want to correct me.

I learned by watching the YouTube videos of Megan Roberts's testimony that the farmland owner found the helmet. After learning it was a crime scene, he brought it back to authorities.

Recap from Crescent News. All italicized statements were direct quotes from article

https://www.crescent-news.com/news/...lowed notification email&utm_content=headline
[FONT=&amp]
The state contends Worley assaulted Joughin, then waited until nightfall, left on his motorcycle, and returned in his pickup truck to transport her to his barn.......... EDITED OUT.......
Desh/Defense: “You’ll see something on the Evergreen school video around 10:04-ish; it’s not James Worley’s truck, not proved beyond a reasonable doubt,”

[/FONT]

Are they saying the school camera shows him on his motorcycle at 10:01 going toward home, and then at 10:04ish a red truck is seen on the school camera going back toward the cornfield?

Are they saying the school camera shows him on his motorcycle at 10:01 going toward home, and then at 10:04ish a red truck is seen on the school camera going back toward the cornfield?

Green truck iirc

ETA.. , not sure if they said green truck, but his tires on green truck were..?similar to impressions. I don't think the color of the truck was ever mentioned that I saw mentioned on school video.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Spellbound
Recap from Crescent News. All italicized statements were direct quotes from article

https://www.crescent-news.com/news/l...ntent=headline

The state contends Worley assaulted Joughin, then waited until nightfall, left on his motorcycle, and returned in his pickup truck to transport her to his barn.......... EDITED OUT.......
Desh/Defense: &#8220;You&#8217;ll see something on the Evergreen school video around 10:04-ish; it&#8217;s not James Worley&#8217;s truck, not proved beyond a reasonable doubt,&#8221;

The article has been updated since I first posted. It now includes reference to a GREEN pickup:

[FONT=&quot]Dech also pointed to testimony that indicated Worley&#8217;s green pickup truck may have left tire marks found near the scene, but not exclusively, and that his helmet may have caused the fracture to Joughin&#8217;s skull, though again, not exclusively.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Haselman, in his rebuttal, pointed out that Worley admitted to driving his truck back to that spot on County Road 6 to look for his lost items.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Dech also told jurors to look again at the video that is said to show Worley driving his pickup on County Road 6 just after 10 p.m.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]&#8220;You&#8217;ll see something on the Evergreen school video around 10:04-ish; it&#8217;s not James Worley&#8217;s truck, not proved beyond a reasonable doubt,&#8221; Dech said.
[/FONT]

https://www.crescent-news.com/news/...lowed notification email&utm_content=headline

That&#8217;s what I thought ... I could not find an exact date/time so didn't include it. Thanks!

He was not questioned at all on Weds. The first contact with LE was at around 10AM on Thursday morn. They stayed for about an hour and half. LE left, went back to station, then returned again about 1PM the same day..they stayed approx. 14 hours then. He was arrested Friday morning, not Thursday.

He was not questioned at all on Weds. The first contact with LE was at around 10AM on Thursday morn. They stayed for about an hour and half. LE left, went back to station, then returned again about 1PM the same day..they stayed approx. 14 hours then. He was arrested Friday morning, not Thursday.

Thank you for the correction, jashrema. Differing reports on different sites make it difficuit to keep straight.

i'm starting to get confused myself! ugh. Wednesday he was not seen or questioned. I have a hard time believing he would have been able to do anything on weds as far as cleaning, digging, etc. There were literally hundreds of people out. Planes and drones were in the air and people searched thruout the night too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member