GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same thing -- it seems like it matters whether the jurors have contact/influence from others from now until Monday, too. Or don't the jurors assist with Monday's events and help with decisions?

My understanding is the same jurors will be the jurors taking part in the sentencing phase now.

I think the judge did not want to burden the jurors anymore than they need to be. I agree it would have been safer to sequester them but I guess the judge trusts them to follow the rules.

This is JMO but I do think people are human and a couple people may slip up and talk a tiny bit with very close loved ones but for the most part jurors take it very seriously and they really try to follow all the rules.

They know its very important and they dont want to be the cause of a mistrial so I think most follow the rules as closely as humanly possible.

WTOL TV news with Viviana Hurtado will have comments from the family any moment now

Howard was supposed to be giving a statement on behalf of Ce's family after they left courtroom
Channel 13 had an interview with the Uncle on behalf of the family at 5:30.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Not long after Sierah was found there was an written interview with her mom in People Magazine. It was a very thoughtful interview and I will never forget Sierah’s mom’s grace given the crime. My thoughts are with her right now.
On a separate note, this was the last case I followed with Foxfire. He was certain there were other and I have no doubt he’s helping from his new realm.
Rest In Peace, Sierah. May your loved ones and loyal Sleuthers find a measure of comfort this evening.

I thought I saw him mumble or say something to his lawyer. I am assuming <appeal>. Will he have different lawyers for that?

Yes there will be a different lawyer (or lawyers) for his appeal. One of the things the appellate attorney will look closely at will be the performance of the defense team -- strategy, pre-trial motions, cross-examination, defense witnesses called (or not called). Also the appeal will look at the decisions of the judge with regard to the pre-trial motions, evidence allowed in/out, etc. It is a lengthy process. If I had to guess, I think the reason Worley did not take the plea deal was specifically to keep his right to appeal. Usually a plea deal means the defendant gives up the right to appeal the verdict.

WTOL 11@WTOL11Toledo56s
Similar to the sexual offender registry, if passed, the bill would require certain violent offenders to be put into a searchable database. - https://buff.ly/2pNBYuX

Yes there will be a different lawyer (or lawyers) for his appeal. One of the things the appellate attorney will look closely at will be the performance of the defense team -- strategy, pre-trial motions, cross-examination, defense witnesses called (or not called). Also the appeal will look at the decisions of the judge with regard to the pre-trial motions, evidence allowed in/out, etc. It is a lengthy process. If I had to guess, I think the reason Worley did not take the plea deal was specifically to keep his right to appeal. Usually a plea deal means the defendant gives up the right to appeal the verdict.

I guarantee if he appeals, at some point it's going to be for ineffective counsel. I was pretty sure of that after the fact his defense only called two witnesses.

I guarantee if he appeals, at some point it's going to be for ineffective counsel. I was pretty sure of that after the fact his defense only called two witnesses.

Do you think that was a planned strategy move to only call 2people?

Do you think that was a planned strategy move to only call 2people?

Maybe, I've only seen appeals where the defense counsel actually did their job and were accused of ineffective counsel. I've never seen one to purposely fudge it up.

The family has also put a civil suit against JW. Just saw the news report. Prayers to all those who assisted in the justice being served.

I hope the new members will consider sticking around.

C3yet_rWIAATZyF.jpg

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3yet_rWIAATZyF.jpg

RIP dear Sierah....:candle:

:crying:

This thread is very long so I'm going to start a new thread for Sierah. It should be ready in about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela