GUILTY OH - Summer Inman, 25, abducted & murdered, Logan, 22 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been an age since I took criminal law :) but here are a couple of articles I found to refamiliarize myself with the insanity defense:

Evolution of the Insanity Defense: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/hinckley/hinckleyinsanity.htm

Crime of Insanity: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/crime/trial/history.html

Insanity, in a defense context, does not necessarily mean what we think of when we use the term in the vernacular - psychotic, or delusional, although that can apply. In a defense context, it can include being mentally ill, or having a mental defect, that makes them unable to make voluntary or rational decisions.

I'll be interested to see what specifically they are going to argue, as far as mental illness. Is battered person syndrome a fully recognized mental condition, that could be argued under an insanity plea, does anyone know?

I too have been avoiding this thread so I wont get kicked off websleuths.

Insanity??? really?? really???? Oh yeah sandy you were just plum out of yer mind that night right? Bring in the shrink that will find that clan Inman all are suffering from some sort of disorder...yikes.

Helping out is boy? How was killing Summer helping? I just dont understand people. So Summer just disappears and problem solved? ugh.

I too have been avoiding this thread so I wont get kicked off websleuths.

Insanity??? really?? really???? Oh yeah sandy you were just plum out of yer mind that night right? Bring in the shrink that will find that clan Inman all are suffering from some sort of disorder...yikes.

Helping out is boy? How was killing Summer helping? I just dont understand people. So Summer just disappears and problem solved? ugh.

I know what you mean I am so angry about the crime and the people in the Inman crowd circling the wagons around those despicable murderers I have things I would like to say, but I was taught to never use those words in polite company. I will say I have much respect for LE for solving this case early on. My heart breaks for the children, Adam Peters, Summer's parents, and all who knew and loved Summer in life and those who wish that they had known this courageous woman, who refused to be abused or raise her children in that environment.

Rest in Peace Summer

Seems to me that the woman who knew they had at least one witness and who knew that LE had collected evidence at their home was the only sane one of the bunch by copping a deal and leading LE to the body. :waitasec:

MOO

I don't think anyone is making excuses or trying to justify what the Inmans did. I'm certainly not - however the WHOLE TRUTH of what happened is, and needs, to be exposed, as there are plenty of other women in similar situations hearing this story, and reading these blogs and forums.

Yes, Summer had every right to want a divorce, she had every right to fall in love but when someone is living in a violent/abusive atmosphere - you don't stoke the fires by running off with a boyfriend, moving in with him, and then, posting a "family style" picture with the abusers' children sitting on her boyfriends lap on FB!! That was foolishly dangerous. That added fuel to the fire of an already highly contentious, nasty divorce....and it was maddening to the controlling abusers.

When someone says they are going to kill you - BELIEVE THEM. The moment Will Inman threatened to kill Summer - her boyfriend, her knight in shining armor, needed to take Summer and the children to a domestic violence shelter ( of which there are SEVERAL in her surrounding areas) - where Summer and the children would have been protected throughout this horrible divorce. "Their" love life, and "their" future together, needed to be put on hold until the courts made their decisions and saw that Summer and the children were safe.

Moving in together, doing the 'family" pic on FB, wearing the "I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem" shirt, Adam showing up at the Inman's when she got her clothes, etc... ALL would cause explosive reactions to ANY person with a violent temper. These are things you DON'T do when one is in a violent marriage or relationship and your spouse is threatening to kill you.

My heart goes out to Summer, her children, her family and friends - but it's time that people put a Band-Aid over their politically correct, bleeding hearts and stop pretending what Adam and Summer did was okay because 'they' were in love, or 'they" deserved to be happy, or because she is now, the deceased victim - It wasn't okay.... their PRIORITY needed to be about Summer and the children's SAFETY FIRST. "They" were blatantly, ignorantly foolish and continually provoked 3 people with violent tempers, one of which said outright he was going to kill her - and sadly, it cost Summer her life.

Let the truth be exposed for the sake and safety of others that may be in the same or similar position - who might be thinking of doing the same thing. Protect yourself and your children first.....Domestic Violence shelters are there to help those in need. Take advantage of them, they WILL help and protect you as long as it is needed.

Summer, and any other woman out there, should have the right to do/wear/see/post whatever they want. SHe is NOT to blame. The murderers are and, any talk of 'provoking' is blaming the victim, no matter how much you dress up your words, no matter how good your intentions might be.

I don't care if she wore a tshirt with the FB picture on it. SHe did not deserve to die. If WI had an anger problem, and jealously issues, he should have sought help. He should have stepped away from the computer. He should have protected his kids by NOT KILLING THEIR MOTHER.

summer, and any other woman out there, should have the right to do/wear/see/post whatever they want. She is not to blame. The murderers are and, any talk of 'provoking' is blaming the victim, no matter how much you dress up your words, no matter how good your intentions might be.

I don't care if she wore a tshirt with the fb picture on it. She did not deserve to die. If wi had an anger problem, and jealously issues, he should have sought help. He should have stepped away from the computer. He should have protected his kids by not killing their mother.

Exactly!

Thank you for saying it. This has really been bothering me about this thread.

If WI Sr. really wanted to "help his son", he should have signed him up for anger management classes. He should have signed himself up, too. Then he should have put his son in individual counseling and helped WI Jr. find a good, steady job. All things that normal, loving parents would do.

Summer did nothing wrong and her family, boyfriend, and children are all victims as well. I hope, in addition to the criminal charges against the Inmans, that Summer's family files a wrongful death lawsuit against them as well.

I think of Summer and her babies every day.:rose:

No new charges yet in Logan Woman's kidnapping, death
No new charges will be presented to a grand jury on Friday in the kidnapping and slaying of a Hocking County woman.
Hocking County prosecuting attorney Laina Fetherolf said the investigation into Summer Inman's death is ongoing, but Fetherolf did not provide a timetable regarding when additional charges could be filed.
More...

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...-logan-summer-inman-case-charges.html?sid=102

*****MOO*****

I was angry at first about this until, I thought about it, I think there are further investigations of a few others who may have known or helped in some way, possibly hid evidence or withheld information while Summer was still missing, if that is the case I hope EVERY single person involved in helping before or after is charged right along with them

:moo:

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...-logan-summer-inman-case-charges.html?sid=102

that link doesn't work :(

We’re sorry, the page you’re looking for wasn’t found on our server.

Charges in Inman death not presented
Though it was widely anticipated charges would be brought before a grand jury Friday regarding the death of Summer Cook Inman, that did not happen.
While the grand jury did meet in Hocking County Common Pleas Court as regularly scheduled, no charges were presented. The Inman trio — Summer’s estranged husband William Inman II, and his parents William and Sandra Inman — already have been indicted on abduction and kidnapping charges in relation to the 25-year-old’s disappearance.
More...

No new charges yet in Logan woman's kidnapping, death
No new charges will be presented to a grand jury on Friday in the kidnapping and slaying of a Hocking County woman.
Hocking County prosecuting attorney Laina Fetherolf said the investigation into Summer Inman's death is ongoing, but Fetherolf did not provide a timetable regarding when additional charges could be filed.
More...

LOGAN, Ohio — No new charges will be presented to a grand jury on Friday in the kidnapping and slaying of a Hocking County woman.

Inman's husband, William Inman II, and in-laws William A. and Sandra, have been charged in connection with her kidnapping, but no one has been charged in her death.

No murder charge against these monsters yet. I am sure that the prosecutor is just trying to ascertain who killed Summer. She needs to be able to pin this murder on one of the suspects so that she can win a murder vs manslaughter charge in court. I hope that she will find the evidence that she needs to try all three for charges that at the very least will keep them in prison for the rest of their lives!

Quite a detailed article here: http://www.circlevilleherald.com/articles/2011/04/22/news/doc4db2592dd09fd106593651.txt

Some quotes -

*** An instant message conversation William Inman II had with B, the cousin of Peters, also was provided to the Logan Police Department.

*** In the conversation — which takes place after Summer’s kidnapping and before the Inmans were arrested — William Inman II states, “I wish I was able to be there to see and comfort my babies but the courts won’t allow it.”

*** B replied, “I don’t know how this could happen, but of course you are a suspect since you are the ex; that always happens.”

*** Inman II stated, “I know, and I was broke down on the side of the road up in Cleveland too … Plus I have store receipts so it won’t be too easy to pin in on me.”

*** “Well that’s good then; you see these things on TV all the time…,” B continued. “You don’t seem like a kidnapper.”

*** “It takes a special kind of person to do what they did,” Inman II responded.

And

LH of Logan reported, “On the night of March 22, 2011, at 11:11 p.m., I saw a late model four door white car in the parking lot of Century National Bank. I was at the light on Hunter Street. I was stopped as the light was red. I had my window cracked and I heard screaming and yelling. I looked at the white car and observed a man with dark hair and a dark jacket on and a woman standing outside of the back door on the driver’s side. The car door was open. It sounded as if she screamed the word ‘no.’ The light turned green and I continued on my way. As I drove by I saw him push her with both hands on her chest. She fell into the back seat and he shut the door.”

:furious:

Logan community helps support Summer Inman's family
To look at the town of Logan, you would never know that a few months ago, the death of Summer Inman rocked the foundation of the small community.
Many are still talking about the events that led up to the discovery of Summer Inman's body at Faith Tabernacle Church in Nelsonville.
More...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back