OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Media requesting for records of JV records for TL including family court. Also requesting victim records.

Judge asks about release, all are objected by prosecution and RL attorney.

Hearing tomm to hear media reps to determine if these documents will be released.

Media objects to the ruling to not film the shooter. Judge says they will address that tomm at the hearing.

That's it. They are closing now.

Media is asked to ask for a "road map" of what will happen from here.

Court will decide on what MSM gets tomorrow at 330p

requests to release juvie records
tomorrow 3:30 pm hearing for any media objections to prosecution and defense re: release of juvie records

Oh great, his lawyer is Farinacci (spelling?) who downplayed the whole thing and made it sound like Lane just got caught up in the middle of a school shooting and is now "confused" about it all.

I'm fearing a circus once this comes to trial. If it ever does.

Shooting someone in the head takes concentration and aim. There is no way he randomly shot three people in the head. I wonder what this defense attorney is smoking. Seriously. Confused, my butt. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Lane stated to LE his victims were random. That surprises me.

Well, you see, the poor kid just happened to find himself blazing away with a handgun yesterday and can't figure out what happened. That's the way the defense seems to be heading, from the attorney's earlier spin.

I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about this case. I hope the prosecutors are tough and prepared.

Well, you see, the poor kid just happened to find himself blazing away with a handgun yesterday and can't figure out what happened. That's the way the defense seems to be heading, from the attorney's earlier spin.

I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about this case. I hope the prosecutors are tough and prepared.

I'm with you on the bad feeling.
Choose the victims at random ? Didn't know them?
All witnesses are reporting he was FRIENDS with these kids through middle school and slowly pulled away from the group once high school started.

Judge already offered defense attorney addition help from the public defender. Sounds like this guy might need it.

Oh great, his lawyer is Farinacci (spelling?) who downplayed the whole thing and made it sound like Lane just got caught up in the middle of a school shooting and is now "confused" about it all.

I'm fearing a circus once this comes to trial. If it ever does.

It will come to trial and I do not anticipate a circus. It will take some time but he will be tried as an adult for murder and his attorney will have very little defense, IMO. This ain't the casey anthony trial. The public is not going to buy much spin. A jury certainly won't. The only place any defense this kid's lawyer could present, that would possibly have an effect is during the penalty phase. But, my prediction is a sentence of life in prison. No matter the mitigating circumstances. He took three lives. He's not getting out.

that will fly like a lead balloon imhoo

I am sure it will, but my thoughts when hearing this was what was this attornery thinking. To say he selected them at random, like he never knew them? :banghead:

It will come to trial and I do not anticipate a circus. It will take some time but he will be tried as an adult for murder and his attorney will have very little defense, IMO. This ain't the casey anthony trial. The public is not going to buy much spin. A jury certainly won't. The only place any defense this kid's lawyer could present, that would possibly have an effect is during the penalty phase. But, my prediction is a sentence of life in prison. No matter the mitigating circumstances. He took three lives. He's not getting out.

That's the outcome one would hope for. However, I see an insanity defense. Mitigating circumstances being extreme violence exposure in the home. He didn't stand a chance, etc. Not saying it will fly, but it could.

I felt terribly for the grandfather who looked really shaken when he came into the court room. The grandmother was comforting him, rubbing his back. How horrible this must be for them. Does anyone know if these grandparents are paternal or maternal ?

requests to release juvie records
tomorrow 3:30 pm hearing for any media objections to prosecution and defense re: release of juvie records

So I'm guessing he has a previous criminal record. It will be interesting to see that.

amen gitana...

he put the gun in his backpack
he took it to school
he fired it ten times (pulled the trigger ten times)
he killed three kids
two other kids (make that seven since he missed five times :eek:) are very lucky

--------

imhoo he needs to be tried as an adult and serve the sentence that he is handed down.

I have it cached and just checked. You are correct, Nick W. was one of his "friends."

Did you see the younger woman that sat to the left of grandpa before camera were ordered off the family? I am sure I seen her picture on the fb account also. I thought it said (FB) a sister though .
But today (2) Aunts present?

I am sure it will, but my thoughts when hearing this was what was this attornery thinking. To say he selected them at random, like he never knew them? :banghead:

I think they are trying to avoid pre-meditation. I believe it obviously was premeditated. jmo

That's the outcome one would hope for. However, I see an insanity defense. Mitigating circumstances being extreme violence exposure in the home. He didn't stand a chance, etc. Not saying it will fly, but it could.

I felt terribly for the grandfather who looked really shaken when he came into the court room. The grandmother was comforting him, rubbing his back. How horrible this must be for them. Does anyone know if these grandparents are paternal or maternal ?

bbm
mitigation might work in the penalty phase or when the judge decides sentence but doesn't affect/effect insanity (ianal but I think that is the case)

he wasn't insane... he made a series of choices yesterday morning

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makaylaj
Back