OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember reading that one of the victims shot was dating Lane's ex-girlfriend.

Yes. One of the eye witnesses said that Russell was dating TJ's ex. IMO it will be an uphill battle to convince a jury that Russell was selected randomly.

Prosecutors Won't comment on motive or where gun came from at this point "this case WILL be tried"

When did he say that? He is not to make any statements to media per judge order

He shouldn't be saying that, but we'll probably see more of it. This is the kind of case that makes a career. This is the same area of NE Ohio where former DA Steve LaTourette earned a career in Congress after trying the Jeffrey Lundgren case.

Well, he doesn't go to the school and he brought several weapons there. premeditation will be very easy to prove. (IMO).

He had reason to be there. He was catching the bus to the school he DOES attend. That won't support pre med.

They are interviewing the neighbor. Sounds like the grandparents are maternal.
(Based on the last name reported, same as the mother's name identified in other reports)

He shouldn't be saying that, but we'll probably see more of it. This is the kind of case that makes a career. This is the same area of NE Ohio where former DA Steve LaTourette earned a career in Congress after trying the Jeffrey Lundgren case.

I don't believe he will make his career off of this one.There is no DP in Ohio,so what is the deal? He shot and killed three young boys who had a promising future.

So many of the pictures Lane is in he appears so slight. Couldn't help but notice the photo HLN keeps showing where Lane is shirtless and very cropped hair his arms appear very muscular. I wonder how long ago that photo was taken.

Well he needs to just shut it,not only does anybody want to hear this,but there is a gag order in effect.

The judge granted permission for the prosecutor to speak after the hearing at an already arranged news conference.

I don't believe he will make his career off of this one.There is no DP in Ohio,so what is the deal? He shot and killed three young boys who had a promising future.

What? Ohio has the death penalty ?
I don't think it would apply in this case (a jv being tried as an adult is unlikely to face DP) but we most certainly do have it.

What? Ohio has the death penalty ?
I don't think it would apply in this case (a jv being tried as an adult is unlikely to face DP) but we most certainly do have it.

Sorry I heard somewhere there wasn't Now I understand.

The judge granted permission for the prosecutor to speak after the hearing at an already arranged news conference.

You're right. I remember that exemption was mentioned.

IIRC, a SCOTUS decision removes DP option from all cases involving a defendant under 18 at the time of the crime. Yes?

IMO, with three HS students murdered execution style, TJ will probably get a life sentence. But after the Anthony fiasco, I no longer have much confidence in the outcomes of seemingly clear cut cases.

No way this was random and that will come out.

Anyone seeing anything about the 911 calls that the police chief talked about? The local PD only got 4 calls and those are the ones they are releasing. The bulk of the 911 calls went to the Sheriff's office and the sheriff didn't mention anything about them.

Also, the other boy. We all thought he was shot in the leg but in court it said he was shot in the neck. That's the one that the teacher ran out and got and dragged back into a classroom. He's the only one still in the hospital now.

I'm really glad to see this community pulling together and getting through this. My prayers are with them all.

No way this was random and that will come out.

Anyone seeing anything about the 911 calls that the police chief talked about? The local PD only got 4 calls and those are the ones they are releasing. The bulk of the 911 calls went to the Sheriff's office and the sheriff didn't mention anything about them.

Also, the other boy. We all thought he was shot in the leg but in court it said he was shot in the neck. That's the one that the teacher ran out and got and dragged back into a classroom. He's the only one still in the hospital now.

I'm really glad to see this community pulling together and getting through this. My prayers are with them all.

Oh dear. NW must be the one that locals were saying might be paralyzed. Good heavens, I hope that's not the case and that he recovers fully.

I wonder if the cafeteria video angle will indicate if and how long Lane may have focused in on these boys before he actually got up and started shooting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back