Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Although "Buckskin Girl" has been positively identified as Marcia King, her murder remains an unsolved open case. Here is a photo of Marcia wearing the same buckskin jacket she was wearing when she died:

Marcia Lenore <I>King</I> Sossoman

Marcia Lenore King Sossoman​

BIRTH 9 Jun 1959 Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas, USA
DEATH 22 Apr 1981 (aged 21) Troy, Miami County, Ohio, USA
BURIAL Riverside Cemetery Troy, Miami County, Ohio, USA

LINK:

So... I went to look at her family tree in family search dot org. Seems like they go out of their way in these reports to avoid mentioning her real mother's name. Has anybody found it?

So... I went to look at her family tree in family search dot org. Seems like they go out of their way in these reports to avoid mentioning her real mother's name. Has anybody found it?
I apologize, but I'm not sure what you mean by real mother. Do you mean her mother, not her stepmother? If you mean her bio mom, last I knew, unless something happened recently, she's still alive, so I don't believe she'd be on any trees yet.
Not sure what you mean by reports, though, sorry.

Lengthy article.rbbm
Joy Lanzendorfer Jul 2024
1720950997148.png
''For 37 years, the young woman remained nameless. She was known only as “Buckskin girl” for the leather poncho she wore when she was found, strangled, in an Ohio ditch in 1981.
That was until almost four decades later, when two women in California took up her case. In 2018, Margaret Press, a retired linguist, author and computer programmer, and Colleen Fitzpatrick, a nuclear physicist and forensic genealogist, ran DNA evidence from the crime scene through an ancestry database, looking for the victim’s closest relatives.
Four hours later, they had a match.''

''But almost as soon as the identity is revealed and humanity is restored, there comes a poignant realization.
“It’s the moment when they get lifted up off the page and they’re a walking, talking person – except, suddenly, they’re not,” Press says.
“We see them for an instant, and then they’re dead.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back