Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked through this thread and have not seen (or have overlooked) Mary Opitz as BG. Fits the height, hair, eyes (hazel on Namus BG has "light brown" eyes) disappearance time, age, etc. Also, Mary HAD braces and BG was wearing a "plate", ie: retainer.....Her picture, if you blow it up, looks like her cheeks are somewhat blushed and it looks like she has some freckles. Also, the eyebrows are close and the nose has kind of a slant similar to the frontal morgue photo of BG. This is my first try to "match" someone up. I did not see Mary ruled out on Namus. I thank you for any constructive comments. Glad to be a part of this site. Thank you.

According to Charley Project, Mary Opitz "wore braces on her teeth at the time of her disappearance".

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/opitz_mary.html

She does have a very similar facial shape though. But as for overall resemblance, I don't see it. Especially when looking at BG's side-view photo.

According to Charley Project, Mary Opitz "wore braces on her teeth at the time of her disappearance".

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/opitz_mary.html

She does have a very similar facial shape though. But as for overall resemblance, I don't see it. Especially when looking at BG's side-view photo.

Yes, but even BG's frontal picture doesn't look like the profile pic! But thanks for the thoughts.

I was wondering if this young woman did not always wear braids and that is possibly interfering with her being identified. Maybe she only wore braids when she wore that particular jacket or something of that nature? When I was about 18 and in college (about 13 years after Jane Doe was found), I used to wear my hair pulled back with a velvet bow when I wore a particular coat yet the rest of the time I wore my hair down, maybe it is something similar with her. Its unfortunate that the only sketch of her [that I know of] without braids doesn't really look at all like her.

Good point. Her jacket had a lot of fringe around the neck, and long hair would tangle with that, so it would make sense to braid one's hair into a ponytail or pigtails to keep it from tangling in the jacket. There's also the theories posted earlier in this thread that her hair could have been braided to prevent it from becoming windblown while she traveled or to create waves/curls when she unbraided it later. Her hair must have been rather long to hold braids of that length.

This is just my theory, but while she may have been kidnapped shortly before she was murdered, I think she was on her own and free when she braided her hair. Braiding hair is a task that requires time to ensure you're keeping the pigtails at even heights to each other and you're keeping all three sections of hair in each pigtail without ending up with loose hair. She already had at least two hair elastics to secure the ends of the ponytails, and she could have far more easily thrown her hair into a simple, non-braided ponytail with one of those. Braided pigtails wouldn't be a hairstyle you'd choose if you were rushed or panicked because you were being held against your will. Again, just my two cents.

I was wondering if this young woman did not always wear braids and that is possibly interfering with her being identified. Maybe she only wore braids when she wore that particular jacket or something of that nature? When I was about 18 and in college (about 13 years after Jane Doe was found), I used to wear my hair pulled back with a velvet bow when I wore a particular coat yet the rest of the time I wore my hair down, maybe it is something similar with her. Its unfortunate that the only sketch of her [that I know of] without braids doesn't really look at all like her.

How about this?

83675974-5daf-4245-9472-95c0014d409c.jpg

That's awesome, Carl! I wonder if it is possible to have the image distributed somehow? Maybe the new hairdo will get her identified.

for the sake of ease, here is the Namus link for Buckskin Girl as well as the list of rule outs:

https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

Ellen Akers 1966 Florida
Tammy Akers 1962 Virginia
Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
Maria Anjiras 1961 Connecticut
Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Donna Barnhill 1967 North Carolina
Kristy Booth 1960 Texas
Darcy Brown 1943 Ohio
Peggy Byars-Baisden 1941 Florida
Mary Cook Spencer 1954 Maryland
Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Christine Eastin 1952 California
Carol Edwards 1955 Washington
Cherry Greenman 1956 Washington
Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
Corinne Groenenberg 1957 California
Susan Hallowell Florida
Evelyn Hartley 1937 Wisconsin
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Margaret Holst 1958 Nebraska
Paulette Jaster 1954 Michigan
Rita Jolly 1955 Oregon
Vicke Lamberton 1949 Massachusetts
Carol Lubahn 1954 California
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Aleca Manning 1952 Arizona
Deborah Meyer 1958 Wyoming
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Linda Nickell 1955 Michigan
Nancy O'Sullivan 1959 Illinois
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Patricia Otto 1952 Idaho
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Elaine Robertson 1955 Washington
Alma Root 1965 California
Janis Sanders 1950 Michigan
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Suzanne Schultz 1961 Wisconsin
Beverly Sharpman 1930 Pennsylvania
Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Mary Sprague 1960 Florida
Kimberly Stewart 1956 California
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Floradean Walker 1925 Texas
Christina White 1967 Washington
Kathy Wilcox 1956 Michigan
Debra Wilhite 1955 Indiana
April Zane 1960 Illinois

How about this?

83675974-5daf-4245-9472-95c0014d409c.jpg

Very well done, but just a thought. If you look at the hair that's escaped from the braids, it looks course and very tightly curled/kinked. I think you are looking for a woman with a different type of hair than in the drawing.

Very well done, but just a thought. If you look at the hair that's escaped from the braids, it looks course and very tightly curled/kinked. I think you are looking for a woman with a different type of hair than in the drawing.

Looking at the postmortems (especially the side-view), her hair looks pretty straight to me. In the side-view, if you look at the hair rooted at the temple, there are a few locks of hair that aren't pulled into the braids, and they show no sign of kink or curl.

Taking into consideration BG's age and the hair styles from the late 70's and early 80's, could it be possible that she had the feathered hair style look that was popular back then?

Taking into consideration BG's age and the hair styles from the late 70's and early 80's, could it be possible that she had the feathered hair style look that was popular back then?

Yeah, could be. But she didn't seem to me like the type to sport the Farrah Fawcett look. Although she did pluck her eyebrows, her modest clothing and minimal makeup is more suggestive of a more earthy type of woman.

The picture of Diane is really poor quality. Not a lot of information on her either. She does look good to me as far as the shape of the face. Size and weight. The eyes if the eyebrows were plucked and the mouth. The nose is the biggest issue. The picture isn't real clear and the nose might be too wide. I'm not sure. Freckles are not listed.
She is not in Namus.

The Doe Network:
Case File 2439DFBC
Diane Lynn Buckley
Missing since April 17, 1979 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: August 25, 1961
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 130 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Birthmark behind knee.

DLBuckley.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/

Diane Lynn Buckley
Missing since April 17, 1979 from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Classification: Missing

Circumstances of Disappearance
In 1979 Diane Buckley left her mothers home, never to be seen again.
She worked as a cook on a fish boat.

Despite an extensive investigation, she has never been located.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Vancouver Police
604-717-2530
Email

Agency Case Number: 79-34624

Source Information:
Vancouver Police

has anyone looked at Linda Ann Miller, missing since 1973? The photos on Doe are not great but the latest pic of her w/ the dog, the nose looks an awful lot like the sideview morgue photo. Just throwing it out there. Maybe Carl can take a look...I wish family would submit better photos! Thanks.

has anyone looked at Linda Ann Miller, missing since 1973? The photos on Doe are not great but the latest pic of her w/ the dog, the nose looks an awful lot like the sideview morgue photo. Just throwing it out there. Maybe Carl can take a look...I wish family would submit better photos! Thanks.

Strange you should mention her. I was just looking in her high school yearbook for better photos of her. I was looking at her as a possible for this 1976 Lopez Canyon CA Jane Doe:

CA CA - Los Angeles County - White Female 587UFCA, 16-26, April 1976

Classmates has the San Rafael HS 1970 yearbook, which has her name listed among the Sophomores, but no photo.

However, she was said to have left to Mexico with a guy <Modsnip>

As for Linda being Buckskin Girl, Linda seems to have very prominent cheekbones that I don't see in BG.

2983523110045078242S425x425Q851_zpsa96c2fe3.jpg
f63fa215-a2d2-4e58-a361-16efde509286.jpg

BG's lack of cheekbone definition is more noticeable in the postmortem photo, which is at the link below because we cannot post PM photos in open-view.
WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK
http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/25988/2788295380045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm so bad with photos when I'm on my mac...can someone please do a side by side of BG and Vali Davis?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_vali.html

Vali went missing 18 mos before BG was found. She was from Indianapolis, 2hrs or so away from BG. She's a little tall at 5'7", and a little light at 110, but I would think someone could gain/lose a few pounds in that amount of time. No DNA in NAMUS

I'm so bad with photos when I'm on my mac...can someone please do a side by side of BG and Vali Davis?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_vali.html

Vali went missing 18 mos before BG was found. She was from Indianapolis, 2hrs or so away from BG. She's a little tall at 5'7", and a little light at 110, but I would think someone could gain/lose a few pounds in that amount of time. No DNA in NAMUS

davis_vali.jpg
8e3c6674-1354-408f-b205-44eff8336e7d.jpg

Same observation as with Linda Miller, Vali has prominent cheekbones.

I really do wish we had better photos of some of these older cases...when I bumped Vali's photo up against the autopsy photo of BG, they looked strikingly similar to me. I didn't see her cheekbones as being as pronounced, but I don't doubt that Carl has a lot more experience at this than I do. So, back to the drawing board....

Hey! I'm hoping this helps us a little bit.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ases/Unidentified-Remains/Unidentified/Doe-(2)

There is some info here I had forgotten. Like her bra was a 32 D....not all that common....so she was skinny/petite, but noticeably buxom.

There is also some new detailed info...more specific as to where on Greenlee she was found, and also very specific info on specific scars. As soon as I saw the scar info, I remembered finding a missing case I saw recently with similar hand scars. I've tried to find it again, but no luck so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member