Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help with any useful thoughts today, so I used my humble graphic skills and tried to make a little reconstruction of BG looks. I hope it will help.

buckskindoe.jpg

8e3c6674-1354-408f-b205-44eff8336e7d.jpg

I posted this before...but...not sure how to rule her out. Thanks for the images on the forum...:) I am not good at pics...sorry.

I was wondering if Buckskin Girl could be Tracey. Her name isn't eliminated in Namus. As she was 14 when she disappeared in 1975. The 2 inches in height would not be a big deal as she would grow until age 16 at least. Also, I noticed a birthmark/freckle on both nose bridges and chin. I can't tell the other marks due to picture quality (over exposure maybe) and the UID has not been "cleaned up well." Both have scars on their ankles. UID has other scars, but with a time elapse it is possible. Any chance she ran away or left by choice?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://doenetwork.org/cases/342dfpa.html

I posted this before...but...not sure how to rule her out. Thanks for the images on the forum...:) I am not good at pics...sorry.

I was wondering if Buckskin Girl could be Tracey. Her name isn't eliminated in Namus. As she was 14 when she disappeared in 1975. The 2 inches in height would not be a big deal as she would grow until age 16 at least. Also, I noticed a birthmark/freckle on both nose bridges and chin. I can't tell the other marks due to picture quality (over exposure maybe) and the UID has not been "cleaned up well." Both have scars on their ankles. UID has other scars, but with a time elapse it is possible. Any chance she ran away or left by choice?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://doenetwork.org/cases/342dfpa.html

Earlier on this thread there are actual photos of BG. If you compare Tracy against those photos, I don't think they are a match.

Earlier on this thread there are actual photos of BG. If you compare Tracy against those photos, I don't think they are a match.

Thanks. The one of Tracey I saw on Missing Kids had an age progression and it did look similar to the actual photos. I am horrible at making thumbnails and pictures and such...sorry. I did notice they had similar birthmarks and scars though...:banghead:

Hi all...

Just going thru the updates on the Charley Project and I came across this missing girl from 1978. I think she looks a lot like Buckskin...same height range, hair color-length, eyes...and the mouth and teeth strike me as being very similar. Her name is Shiela Pierce. BTW: Sheila disappeared from Point Pleasant, West Virginia which is only 3 hours and 12 minutes from where Buckskin was found in Ohio.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pierce_sheila.html

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time!

I was looking at her in comparison to BG when I first saw her MP flyer in the WV State Police website.

They do have some very interesting similarities. Their facial shapes are pretty consistent. At 5'7", she is slightly taller than BG's measured height, but I've seen too many incorrect heights to rely on that.

At the time, I decided that I couldn't reconcile her smallish nose to BG's big pointy nose (as can be seen in the side-view postmortem photo). I also thought that she also doesn't have the same ruddy freckly look like BG has.

But she might be worth a look nevertheless. The photo of her is very poor quality, so she might have a larger nose and more freckly complexion than appears in the photo.

2600599300045078242S425x425Q851_zps7d81d682.jpg

ETA: Her mother passed away last year, and Sheila is listed as having preceded her mother in death.
http://www.dealfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1210070&fh_id=13621

I was looking at her in comparison to BG when I first saw her MP flyer in the WV State Police website.

They do have some very interesting similarities. Their facial shapes are pretty consistent. At 5'7", she is slightly taller than BG's measured height, but I've seen too many incorrect heights to rely on that.

At the time, I decided that I couldn't reconcile her smallish nose to BG's big pointy nose (as can be seen in the side-view postmortem photo). I also thought that she also doesn't have the same ruddy freckly look like BG has.

But she might be worth a look nevertheless. The photo of her is very poor quality, so she might have a larger nose and more freckly complexion than appears in the photo.

2600599300045078242S425x425Q851_zps7d81d682.jpg

ETA: Her mother passed away last year, and Sheila is listed as having preceded her mother in death.
http://www.dealfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1210070&fh_id=13621

I debated on her too....she would have been 27 in 1981, and with that and the height difference, I was kind of wavering, even though I definitely see a resemblance between the two. That looks like a yearbook photo, maybe? Wonder if we could get a better one?

... That looks like a yearbook photo, maybe? Wonder if we could get a better one?

I already looked. For Point Pleasant HS, the only book Classmates has is the Class of 1945.

Well, not Sheila, I guess?? From this it would seem she had a tattoo:

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.wears/7/mb.ashx

For those without access to Ancestry:

There are three messages:

I am searching for information about Sheila Wears married to Chuck Pierce in Point Pleasant West Virgina in the early 1970's. From what I am told Sheila went missing sometime around 1976. I have been told serial killer Henry Lee Lucas confessed to murdering her, but was not convicted of her murder because the was no evidence. I have tried to look up info in the Point Pleasant paper, but since I have no exact date I can't find a published story. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Sheila or know the dates of her disappearance please respond.

Hi Marsha,
I am the sister -in-law of Sheila's uncle . We all have been trying to find info about her disappearance. My sister has been very involved in the case. Also, the year Shelia went missing was 1978 around Dec. I think.
There is a police officer in Pt. Pleasant who is looking for answers. You may want to contact him. His name is Eddie Starcher. If you gain any info or have any more clues that would help, please keep me posted.

Henry Lucas did confess and though he did know certain details such where Shelias' tattoo was located and and a rash from being touched by metal, she was allergic to any metal, even the snaps on her jeans. He didn't know other details, so it wasn't enough to go for a convictiion. Good luck on your search..Our family wants very much to learn anything about Shelia's whereabouts. We need that closure.

Jeanne

Is it true that Henry Lee Lucus was at the Pierce family reunion with someone named Knuckles? I know that the Wears family is related to the Knuckles family as your Great Grandma Ida's mother was a Knuckles, but that doesn't say why he was there for the Pierce side. Just curious. I heard that her billfold was found in the river a year after her disappearance. Someone sent me a clipping if you want to see it let me know. I will send it to you.

Did they have fingerprints on file for Buckskin girl? Just curious because if her clothes were outdated for the time, any possibility she was in jail or prison for a few years and was released with the clothes she came in with? I am not sure how fingerprinting worked back then or if there was a national database or if all fingerprints have been entered into a database since then? If she was a juvenile would the records have been retained..?

Henry Lucas confessed to over 600 murders but later recanted most of them. He was not only a serial killer but a serial confessor.

I have this UID's profile flagged in NamUs, so when they make any changes to her profile, I get an email. I received an email today that says:
DNA : Comments changed from "6 STR loci for upload to NDIS; 11 STR loci at local CODIS for comparisons" to "full STRs and mtDNA at national CODIS" So now that her DNA is in the National CODIS system, she will be having a long list of rule outs and hopefully closer to find out who she is...

Hello all...

Has anyone looked at Eileen Hynson? I find it interesting that from her front photo on Namus her nose looks rounded but the sideview is pointy like Buckskins 2 photos. Also, she looks a bit busty in the side photo as well. Her height is off a bit and no freckles are mentioned but during the summer I get freckles and then they fade once late fall/winter is upon us. Maybe that's the case w/ Buckskin. Thanks all.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14520/3

Hello all...

Has anyone looked at Eileen Hynson? I find it interesting that from her front photo on Namus her nose looks rounded but the sideview is pointy like Buckskins 2 photos. Also, she looks a bit busty in the side photo as well. Her height is off a bit and no freckles are mentioned but during the summer I get freckles and then they fade once late fall/winter is upon us. Maybe that's the case w/ Buckskin. Thanks all.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14520/3

The thing that I see as a difference is the bridge of the nose.

the low spot of BG's nose bridge is very high - just below eyebrow-level.

Eileen's is lower - just above the inside-corners of her eyes.

Hey Carl...

Thanks for the post. I do have one question I've been meaning to ask about BJD. In her front morgue photo, it looks as though her nose could have been broken (the disjointed look). Have you heard anything about the possibility of that?

Sam, I took a long look at Eileen too. I definitely see the likeness. In the end I looked at the distance, the circumstances, and the time lapse. One of these factors could mean nothing by itself, but taken all together, i thought it was less likely to be her.

Here is the latest NAMUS generated rule-out list:
Ellen Akers 1966 Florida
Tammy Akers 1962 Virginia
Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
Maria Anjiras 1961 Connecticut
Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Donna Barnhill 1967 North Carolina
Kristy Booth 1960 Texas
Joyce Brewer 1955 Texas
Darcy Brown 1943 Ohio
Sandra Butler 1962 Nevada
Peggy Byars-Baisden 1941 Florida
Diane Chorba 1949 Michigan
Darlene Conklin 1959 New York
Mary Cook Spencer 1954 Maryland
Carla Corley 1965 Alabama
Joanne Coughlin 1953 Ohio
Donella Coultas 1950 California
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Susan DeQuina 1957 Massachusetts
Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Rebecca Dunn 1958 Nevada
Diane Dye 1965 California
Christine Eastin 1952 California
Carol Edwards 1955 Washington
Beverly England 1947 Colorado
Rachael Garden 1964 New Hampshire
Cherry Greenman 1956 Washington
Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
Corinne Groenenberg 1957 California
Gina Hall 1962 Virginia
Susan Hallowell Florida
Evelyn Hartley 1937 Wisconsin
Kathleen Henson 1948 Oklahoma
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Margaret Holst 1958 Nebraska
Paulette Jaster 1954 Michigan
Rita Jolly 1955 Oregon
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Kimberly King 1966 Michigan
Vicke Lamberton 1949 Massachusetts
Lori Lloyd 1961 Ohio
Carol Lubahn 1954 California
Tammy Mahoney 1961 New York
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Aleca Manning 1952 Arizona
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Deborah Meyer 1958 Wyoming
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Linda Nickell 1955 Michigan
Nancy O'Sullivan 1959 Illinois
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Mary Opitz 1963 Florida
Patricia Otto 1952 Idaho
Linda Pleva 1949 Oregon
Sharon Pretorius 1960 Ohio
Dean Pyle Peters 1966 Michigan
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Elaine Robertson 1955 Washington
Lonene Rogers 1951 Pennsylvania
Alma Root 1965 California
Alma Root 1965 California
Nancy Rose 1950 Idaho
Janis Sanders 1950 Michigan
Lucinda Schaefer 1962 California
Gayla Schaper 1951 Idaho
Cheryl Scherer 1959 Missouri
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Suzanne Schultz 1961 Wisconsin
Beverly Sharpman 1930 Pennsylvania
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Mary Cook Spencer 1954 Maryland
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Mary Sprague 1960 Florida
Kimberly Stewart 1956 California
Mary Trlica 1957 Texas
Virginia Uden 1947 Wyoming
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Floradean Walker 1925 Texas
Christina White 1967 Washington
Christina White 1967 Washington
Kathy Wilcox 1956 Michigan
Debra Wilhite 1955 Indiana
Cynthia Woolard 1957 Florida
April Zane 1960 Illinois
Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4790

Barbara Cotton is still not on the rule out list from namus! I am still curious if this could be her!!

What about April Zane who went missing a couple of years earlier but could have been a runaway?
She fits the height range and could have put on weight after she went missing.
She also has freckles and a scar on her chin like Buckskin girl.

April Rose Zane
Missing since April 18, 1977 from Frankfort, Will County, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6"; 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark auburn hair; blue-grey/green eyes. She has a long back which makes her appear tall. April has freckles on her face.
Marks, Scars: Scar on her right hip from appendectomy; scar on her right knee; scar on her chin.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a brown flannel jacket.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Zane was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1977. (It is possible that she went missing the year prior - 1976). She was going into town to visit a friend. She never made it to the friends' house and was never heard from again.
April had a record of running away from home, but always turned up later. She was found several times in the Chicago land area and arrested for curfew violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member