Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Alley. Her CP page didn't have much info on her (height, weight) and I didn't see anything about tattoos or ear piercings. I will email and see what comes of it. :thinking:

1974 to 1981 would be more than enough time for pierced ears to close up and the scar to disappear.

Leather jacket and jeans at the time of her disappearance, too. Hmmm.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Did anyone actually submit Lucie Gelinas to the NAMUS contact for Buckskin Girl?

I also believe that Patricia Salamandyk is in fact, BG. When you compare her sister, not only is the nose exactly the same, but so is the chin, the facial structure, eyebrows, cheeks, etc. I think it's sad that with such a strong resemblance that the RCMP has not done any real research in this regard - especially since in this case there is a living relative to make a DNA comparison to. Has anyone tried to put a bit more pressure on the Canadians in this regard?

Annie970, Lucyoso,. Alley, Spanishmoss...I do agree too that the resemblance is just way too strong, and yes carbuff I do realize she's on ruleouts listing now as of July...but? Could there be a mistake?? Did they use actual dna...because if not...it's an injustice to BG. I think they need to check her again.

I also believe that Patricia Salamandyk is in fact, BG. When you compare her sister, not only is the nose exactly the same, but so is the chin, the facial structure, eyebrows, cheeks, etc. I think it's sad that with such a strong resemblance that the RCMP has not done any real research in this regard - especially since in this case there is a living relative to make a DNA comparison to. Has anyone tried to put a bit more pressure on the Canadians in this regard?

It's ok!! I totally get not wanting to focus on a rule out, I just haven't gotten over their similarity a year later. They're the same height, their features align perfectly, scar falls in the same place... there are millions of people in this world, so it's not impossible, nor am I a forensic scientist, so I definitely am not necessarily right! I would just love to know what officially made Patricia a rule out. It's too haunting.

Post mortem/Patricia comparisons: https://imgur.com/5zuhFw9
https://imgur.com/ywaPS9c
https://imgur.com/9EbSM6e

This is what is haunting Annie...look at that!!!

1974 to 1981 would be more than enough time for pierced ears to close up and the scar to disappear.

Leather jacket and jeans at the time of her disappearance, too. Hmmm.

Do you think? I haven't worn earrings in about 25 years and you can still see the holes quite clearly.
Do other people have them disappear completely?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Do you think? I haven't worn earrings in about 25 years and you can still see the holes quite clearly.
Do other people have them disappear completely?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
I dunno. I assume so, but maybe I'm mistaken. Mine are barely visible tonight and I was wearing earrings yesterday 😆

Looks like they want my name, address, place of work and phone number before they'll talk to me. I don't know if I should be cautious or??

Are you trying to create an account with Namus ? In case you didn't know (I didn't before I tried), you have to be an American with an address in the US (I'm in Canada and was honest about where I lived and was therefore out of luck). You don't need an account to write anyone there directly - just use the email address listed in the contacts and explain what you'd like to tell them.

Are you trying to create an account with Namus ? In case you didn't know (I didn't before I tried), you have to be an American with an address in the US (I'm in Canada and was honest about where I lived and was therefore out of luck). You don't need an account to write anyone there directly - just use the email address listed in the contacts and explain what you'd like to tell them.

No, I sent an email to the address listed in the article about Pamela Exall. It is the cold case unit of norfolk I suppose.

You can still tell I had my ears pierced once and it's been probably ten years since I wore earrings. That with the height discrepancy and distance would make me less likely to think this is a strong chance for a match. Also the age would be slightly out of range, but not too bad.

Yes LE may want your contact info because they don't really know what you know or who you are, you know? I get it feels weird, but the one time I had to call in a BG tip they asked me for that too. I gave it and it wasn't a big deal at all.

I called LE recently on another UID case and identified myself, name, city, state... said I was a member of the public who had an interest in unidentified cases. The detective was very nice and said he appreciated the call.

Thanks everyone. I just wasn't sure if it sounded like an okay thing to do, give out address and info and all that stuff. I gave him some info and while I am sure this is not a match (based on previously discussed discrepancies) I thought it was worth a shot.

This is what is haunting Annie...look at that!!!

Exactly! I think the scar is what put it over the edge for me. Wonder if I could contact NAMUS and ask?

Also I wanted to add about ear piercing- I pierced my own ears in my teens and ten years later I still have very clear indentations where the piercings were.

But the scars don't match.

Patricia: Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a jagged scar on her left knee. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3603dfab.html

BG: There is a 7/8" scar beneath chin, a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm, a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm, a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist, a 7/8" scar along posterior aspect of the right hand at the base of the middle finger, a 1 1/8" scar along medial aspect of right ankle, and a 3/4" scar on dorsal aspect right foot. A 3/4" x 1/4" tan birthmark is on anterior aspect left thigh. There is a light brown raised nevus (mole) below and slightly to the medial aspect of the right breast, and another brown nevus on left arm.
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

BG doesn't have the big scar on her knee. Patricia isn't listed as having any of those scars from BG's description, including the one on her chin.

But the scars don't match.

Patricia: Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a jagged scar on her left knee. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3603dfab.html

BG: There is a 7/8" scar beneath chin, a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm, a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm, a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist, a 7/8" scar along posterior aspect of the right hand at the base of the middle finger, a 1 1/8" scar along medial aspect of right ankle, and a 3/4" scar on dorsal aspect right foot. A 3/4" x 1/4" tan birthmark is on anterior aspect left thigh. There is a light brown raised nevus (mole) below and slightly to the medial aspect of the right breast, and another brown nevus on left arm.
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

BG doesn't have the big scar on her knee. Patricia isn't listed as having any of those scars from BG's description, including the one on her chin.

Long time between 1972 and 1080 to pick up scars. But can't explain away the knee one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilC