Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the scars don't match.

Patricia: Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a jagged scar on her left knee. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3603dfab.html

BG: There is a 7/8" scar beneath chin, a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm, a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm, a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist, a 7/8" scar along posterior aspect of the right hand at the base of the middle finger, a 1 1/8" scar along medial aspect of right ankle, and a 3/4" scar on dorsal aspect right foot. A 3/4" x 1/4" tan birthmark is on anterior aspect left thigh. There is a light brown raised nevus (mole) below and slightly to the medial aspect of the right breast, and another brown nevus on left arm.
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

BG doesn't have the big scar on her knee. Patricia isn't listed as having any of those scars from BG's description, including the one on her chin.

This is also based on her family's memory. I do think scars can fade over time, especially if you acquire them at a young age, however I do agree the knee scar must've been pretty distinct for her family to note.

Also wanted to add, neither report noted scars on the lip, which is odd..?

Hi guys! I'm new to this thread. I've always been interested in investigating and this case is especially close to my heart because I look a lot like BG. The artist reconstruction of her face is literally me.
From the morgue photos I concluded that I have a very similar skin type (the texture and the type of freckles) and the same type of hair also. So let me share with you some of my thoughts, hope they are worthy.

Some of you have pointed out that her braids are very flawless. So I experimented a little with my own hair and found that it is possible that her braids stayed this neat if she was standing or lying down unconsciously. She was disposed of faced down so it did not affect her hair. So I think if there was struggle she wasn't lying down when it happened. I think it's also highly unlikely that the jacket was put on her post-mortem. You can't do that withouth fuzzing her hair.

Next thing I noticed is her skin. I know she looks young but look at her neck and shoulder on the side photo. I would be more certain if I could see her hands but I'm rather convinced that she was older than me and i am 21. Even if the texture is caused by sun damage.

I was thinking about the domestic violence thing. MelmothTheLost said: "Her grooming and hygiene suggest a secure, maybe middle class, background which is in keeping with the jacket."
I agree, and I think she did have a family. "Certainly a possibility, and if so the simple passage of time may bring someone forward once a specific individual or individuals have died."(MelmothTheLost)
I'm thinking... could it be that a sibling has killed her and family is covering up because they don't want to lose two children at once? Is it possible that she was the youngest child, the apple of her parents' eye (expensive clothes, well cared for) or the prettiest, brightest child (or whatever reason for which siblings hate each other). If it was a boyfriend then her family would have tried to search for her. Couldn't be mother or father because one of them is probably dead already and someone would have come forward. A sibling could well be alive still.

I imgaine them working when an argument started and he/she struck BG in the head with whatever tool was in their hands. She fought back and it got out of control. Maybe they didn't mean to kill her but she died. Maybe there were only two kids and the family decided not to have one dead and the other sentenced to life in prison. Or the sibling lied that she ran away. Adding that she was possibly from Texas maybe none of the people who knew her heard of the unidentified body.

What do you guys think? Is it a possibility?

Hi guys! I'm new to this thread. I've always been interested in investigating and this case is especially close to my heart because I look a lot like BG. The artist reconstruction of her face is literally me.
From the morgue photos I concluded that I have a very similar skin type (the texture and the type of freckles) and the same type of hair also. So let me share with you some of my thoughts, hope they are worthy.

Some of you have pointed out that her braids are very flawless. So I experimented a little with my own hair and found that it is possible that her braids stayed this neat if she was standing or lying down unconsciously. She was disposed of faced down so it did not affect her hair. So I think if there was struggle she wasn't lying down when it happened. I think it's also highly unlikely that the jacket was put on her post-mortem. You can't do that withouth fuzzing her hair.

Next thing I noticed is her skin. I know she looks young but look at her neck and shoulder on the side photo. I would be more certain if I could see her hands but I'm rather convinced that she was older than me and i am 21. Even if the texture is caused by sun damage.

I was thinking about the domestic violence thing. MelmothTheLost said: "Her grooming and hygiene suggest a secure, maybe middle class, background which is in keeping with the jacket."
I agree, and I think she did have a family. "Certainly a possibility, and if so the simple passage of time may bring someone forward once a specific individual or individuals have died."(MelmothTheLost)
I'm thinking... could it be that a sibling has killed her and family is covering up because they don't want to lose two children at once? Is it possible that she was the youngest child, the apple of her parents' eye (expensive clothes, well cared for) or the prettiest, brightest child (or whatever reason for which siblings hate each other). If it was a boyfriend then her family would have tried to search for her. Couldn't be mother or father because one of them is probably dead already and someone would have come forward. A sibling could well be alive still.

I imgaine them working when an argument started and he/she struck BG in the head with whatever tool was in their hands. She fought back and it got out of control. Maybe they didn't mean to kill her but she died. Maybe there were only two kids and the family decided not to have one dead and the other sentenced to life in prison. Or the sibling lied that she ran away. Adding that she was possibly from Texas maybe none of the people who knew her heard of the unidentified body.

What do you guys think? Is it a possibility?

Hey there! Welcome!

A few things-

I believe it has been noted that her hair had been braided when she was found, was unbraided, and then rebraided by the coroner, so I'm not sure they were that pristinely braided when they found her.

As for the scenario... I definitely think it's possible it was an intimate killing, but I always leaned towards an abusive boyfriend just because I think she's a young woman, not a girl, but that's just me. Without any more context it's really hard to even speculate because there doesn't seem to be any clues or connections about who she is! I read some reports of people seeing her in a bar a few days before, but other than that, it's as if she appeared out of thin air!

However, all we can really do is continue to speculate and do research and try and find similar missing persons cases and see if they're a match.. with the amount of people on here, I believe throwing out ideas and people together can lead us somewhere!

What about the girl on the right in this article. She gets ina car accident, perhaps her friend gets killed and she flees her country. I see a similar look on her. Haven't compared th post mortems yet though. The eyebrows and nose got me. Disappeared a couple of months though before BG was found so I don't know if the BG isotopes support this.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1...shing-painful-for-family-33-years-on/#slide=2

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1...shing-painful-for-family-33-years-on/#slide=2

Oh I didn't know about the re-braiding. It makes sense if they took hair samples. Thank you!

Some of you mentioned that Ancestry and 23andMe have strict policy when it comes to giving access to their database. But I guess the service itself is open to anyone. So since they have BG's DNA can they just send it in for an ethnicity estimate under whatever name?

Some of you mentioned that Ancestry and 23andMe have strict policy when it comes to giving access to their database. But I guess the service itself is open to anyone. So since they have BG's DNA can they just send it in for an ethnicity estimate under whatever name?

Those sites are leery about law enforcement using their services because they don't want it being used for criminal investigations, even though in this case, it would only be used for identification purposes. BG's is still a criminal case, so it still has that stigma attached to it in the eyes of those sites. I think LE should be able to sign a waiver stating that their goal in using their services is to ID people, not to catch killers, and their services wouldn't be used for anything else. There should be a way to separate out the two (ID vs. nabbing suspects).

Those sites are leery about law enforcement using their services because they don't want it being used for criminal investigations, even though in this case, it would only be used for identification purposes. BG's is still a criminal case, so it still has that stigma attached to it in the eyes of those sites. I think LE should be able to sign a waiver stating that their goal in using their services is to ID people, not to catch killers, and their services wouldn't be used for anything else. There should be a way to separate out the two (ID vs. nabbing suspects).

They can get a warrant to request the information if they can convince a judge they have reasonable cause to think they'll find something. It's not just the sites' policy, it's a basic constitutional provision against unreasonable searches and seizures--a form of "fishing expedition" where they violate privacy in the hope of finding something.

They can get a warrant to request the information if they can convince a judge they have reasonable cause to think they'll find something. It's not just the sites' policy, it's a basic constitutional provision against unreasonable searches and seizures--a form of "fishing expedition" where they violate privacy in the hope of finding something.

I can certainly understand that.

Sorry to bring something up that has probably been discussed before.

How come they don't show a picture of her without the braids? A hairstyle can totally change the look of someone.

She herself could have never worn braids but her killer might have styled her this way.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

This is also based on her family's memory. I do think scars can fade over time, especially if you acquire them at a young age, however I do agree the knee scar must've been pretty distinct for her family to note.

Also wanted to add, neither report noted scars on the lip, which is odd..?

Outwangled and Annie...those are great points...long time to pick up scars for sure...and a family's memory of a teens scars??? How many parents are that good??

Schmatz...CarlK did composite sketches of her with her hair down...pull up her Jane Doe site and you'll see...he also sketched the clothes...jeans jacket sweater with squares.

I just had a look at this case, and someone who stood out to me who wasn't on the rule-outs list was Sheryl Ann Tillinghast. My apologies if she's already been mentioned or submitted as a potential match.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tillinghast_sheryl.html

There are a lot of discrepancies in this case, but there is a moderate possibility that she left of her own accord. She also had plans to head for California, which matches the tests conducted on Buckskin Girl that stated that she'd been living on the east and west coasts. The real question here, however, is would she have gone seven years without contacting anyone in order to escape family troubles and an abusive relationship?

Because you need to send a vial of saliva in order to be added to the 23andMe and AncestryDNA databases. Obviously, they don't have that for remains.

Was Sharon Smith was ruled out? I don't see her on the list...https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36952/47

Last time I checked NamUS, Sharon didn't have any biometrics, no DNA, dental or fingerprints. Not sure why that is but as Carbuff mentioned, Sharon has a tattoo and BG doesn't, so it couldn't be her. She is also much shorter and has blue eyes.
Here's Sharon's CP:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/smith_sharon.html
Sharon's NamUs page: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36952/36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members