Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping the FBI fingerprint technology catches up to BG should she turn out to be a fugitive.
If she were an older child in the foster care system and either aged out or ran away, she may have never been reported. I'm thinking of what Patricia Taylor's sister has/is going through to find her. From what I gather, nothing was done to find her when she first went missing.

Ive often wondered if she was a fugitive as well. Or if she had been released from prison or jail after an extended sentence. It would explain why her clothes were a bit dated. She left in what she was arrested in or picked up in. It would be interesting to see if there were any riots, sit-ins, or protests in the early to mid-1970s where she could have been arrested wearing a more hippy or native american outfit. I'm thinking like Wounded Knee, Diablo Point, Seabrook. Things like that. Thoughts?

Ive often wondered if she was a fugitive as well. Or if she had been released from prison or jail after an extended sentence. It would explain why her clothes were a bit dated. She left in what she was arrested in or picked up in. It would be interesting to see if there were any riots, sit-ins, or protests in the early to mid-1970s where she could have been arrested wearing a more hippy or native american outfit. I'm thinking like Wounded Knee, Diablo Point, Seabrook. Things like that. Thoughts?

There was this protest in Ohio, 1981.
http://www.nytimes.com/1981/03/25/us/protests-on-salvador-are-staged-across-us.html
March 25 1981
In an informal roundup, professors and students from universities around the country said yesterday that the protests against American involvement in El Salvador appeared to be the beginning of a movement and not what several called the ''isolated, short-lived'' campus protests on such issues as American investment in South Africa and nuclear power.

''It's surprising,'' said Chadwick Alger, a political science professor at Ohio State University who is a member of the facultystaff committee on El Salvador, by telephone from Columbus yesterday. ''This has not been a period of great activism. But the events in El Salvador are pulling people out of their lethargy.''

Protest activities began Sunday at Ohio State with an ecumenical service, daylong workshops and a fast. Yesterday there was a noon rally at the Ohio state capitol that was attended by 350 people, half of them students, organizers said. Committee Organizes Protests

Here's hoping the FBI fingerprint technology catches up to BG should she turn out to be a fugitive.
If she were an older child in the foster care system and either aged out or ran away, she may have never been reported. I'm thinking of what Patricia Taylor's sister has/is going through to find her. From what I gather, nothing was done to find her when she first went missing.

Alley....who is Patricia Taylor, I don't remember that one. I studied Patricia Salamandyk.

I keep going back to the biker idea. Every time I see her clothing, I think of Billy in Easy Rider. (Dennis Hopper's character)

BG's clothing and hygiene isn't suggestive of a fugitive at all; let alone someone who's been in jail or prison. I grew up in the 1970's and it was pretty common for teens, and even children, to leave home without telling anyone and just start life anew someplace else. I personally know of a young man who went missing, and many more who left home and communicated with their friends, but not family. I don't think any of those were ever reported as being missing - police simply did not have the communication tools that they do now. I mean, back then a Mimeograph machine was considered high-tech! I think BG probably just left home one day and hit the open road to live her life. Heck, in 1989 I left Chicago to live in the Florida Keys; I told my parents where I was going, but I didn't tell my friends. When I made contact with some of my friends again in around 2001, they were shocked because they had no idea where I'd been all that time.

BG's clothing and hygiene isn't suggestive of a fugitive at all; let alone someone who's been in jail or prison. I grew up in the 1970's and it was pretty common for teens, and even children, to leave home without telling anyone and just start life anew someplace else. I personally know of a young man who went missing, and many more who left home and communicated with their friends, but not family. I don't think any of those were ever reported as being missing - police simply did not have the communication tools that they do now. I mean, back then a Mimeograph machine was considered high-tech! I think BG probably just left home one day and hit the open road to live her life. Heck, in 1989 I left Chicago to live in the Florida Keys; I told my parents where I was going, but I didn't tell my friends. When I made contact with some of my friends again in around 2001, they were shocked because they had no idea where I'd been all that time.

Can you clarify what you mean by what I bolded? Her clothing and hygiene aren't suggestive of a fugitive or someone who is incarcerated? My thoughts were those could be the clothes she was picked up in many years prior, then when it came time to be released, they handed back the "bag" with said items. In prison, hygiene and ADLs (activities of basic living) become very ingrained due to routine. It is something you do everyday, its methodical, and due to lack of other things going on it can become semi-obsessive. I personally have backpacked across the globe, done extensive backpacking trips in the wilderness, and have even been on Grateful Dead Tour and maintaining hygiene in rivers, public bathrooms, etc was never an issue. I never looked like I stepped out of the gutter. Good hygiene can also be very subjective.

I do agree that she most likely left at some point, just up and walked away. That, I agree was common. If she is on the older age, I'd be more apt to think it was domestic violence and a) the husband was charged/or the case languished without a body or b) it was not reported.

This 1970 pulitzer prize winning photo of the Kent State Shootings shows 14 year-old runaway Mary Ann Vecchio. Not only does she look older then her actual and stated age, she looks clean enough to fit in right on campus. She doesn't necessarily look like she's been sleeping rough or on the lam. Notice the person to the right of her has a interesting jacket as well. My thoughts are BG was in jail/prison somewhere for some time then released in her clothing that were a bit dated. Or she was an immigrant where the latest fads took awhile to reach the home country.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 08.39.43.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Ann_Vecchio

I wonder if she was in the military? That's another place you learn habitual hygiene.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

The 70's were the era of "throwaways," too--kids whose parents had rejected them for issues of politics, lifestyle, or most commonly sexual orientation. I know one person who says her family held a funeral for her and lists the day she came out to them as her date of death in the family Bible. She did okay but lots of others wound up on the mean streets...

I totally agree, carbuff. Vietnam, Nixon, the later part of the peace movements. The scenes were getting grittier, especially previous safe havens like Haight/Ashbury. It went from creative and peaceful to hard drugs, violence, etc. A lot of change. Families falling apart.

Can you clarify what you mean by what I bolded? Her clothing and hygiene aren't suggestive of a fugitive or someone who is incarcerated? My thoughts were those could be the clothes she was picked up in many years prior, then when it came time to be released, they handed back the "bag" with said items. In prison, hygiene and ADLs (activities of basic living) become very ingrained due to routine. It is something you do everyday, its methodical, and due to lack of other things going on it can become semi-obsessive. I personally have backpacked across the globe, done extensive backpacking trips in the wilderness, and have even been on Grateful Dead Tour and maintaining hygiene in rivers, public bathrooms, etc was never an issue. I never looked like I stepped out of the gutter. Good hygiene can also be very subjective.

I do agree that she most likely left at some point, just up and walked away. That, I agree was common. If she is on the older age, I'd be more apt to think it was domestic violence and a) the husband was charged/or the case languished without a body or b) it was not reported.

This 1970 pulitzer prize winning photo of the Kent State Shootings shows 14 year-old runaway Mary Ann Vecchio. Not only does she look older then her actual and stated age, she looks clean enough to fit in right on campus. She doesn't necessarily look like she's been sleeping rough or on the lam. Notice the person to the right of her has a interesting jacket as well. My thoughts are BG was in jail/prison somewhere for some time then released in her clothing that were a bit dated. Or she was an immigrant where the latest fads took awhile to reach the home country.

View attachment 125415

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Ann_Vecchio

...I would think she would have been fingerprinted if that were the case, or if she had been in the military as carbuff suggested.

...I would think she would have been fingerprinted if that were the case, or if she had been in the military as carbuff suggested.

The issue is, with local state or country cases in the 1970's, they usually had card files of fingerprints. Many got damaged or lost or simply haven't been uploaded into a database. There is a huge backlog. And in some places where there have been natural disasters, like flooding, hurricanes, massive fires, these records are gone forever. I am don't even know when the databases started. Anyone?

The issue is, with local state or country cases in the 1970's, they usually had card files of fingerprints. Many got damaged or lost or simply haven't been uploaded into a database. There is a huge backlog. And in some places where there have been natural disasters, like flooding, hurricanes, massive fires, these records are gone forever. I am don't even know when the databases started. Anyone?
AFIS started mid to late 80s.
I think Carbuff can shed more light on this, but there was a flood or fire in the 70s (or so) in the national archives where the military kept their fingerprint cards and a lot were lost. Reading about the new FBI technology they're using, the FBI has admitted a backlog digitizing fingerprints. The good news is that they've been able to solve a few cases already with the technology and while trying to catch up. You can read about it here, as we started a thread about cases solved with this new technology. Fascinating stuff!

AFIS started mid to late 80s.
I think Carbuff can shed more light on this, but there was a flood or fire in the 70s (or so) in the national archives where the military kept their fingerprint cards and a lot were lost. Reading about the new FBI technology they're using, the FBI has admitted a backlog digitizing fingerprints. The good news is that they've been able to solve a few cases already with the technology and while trying to catch up. You can read about it here, as we started a thread about cases solved with this new technology. Fascinating stuff!

Thank you, Alleykins. Malaika...This is the best answer. :)

The Namus page for Buckskin Girl was updated on Tuesday October 24, 2017.

There are now 225 people on the exclusions list that have been ruled out as Buckskin Girl.

Here is the Namus link for Buckskin Girl

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4790

Exclusions

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Cynthia Long 1952 Washington
Ellen Akers 1966 Florida
Tammy Akers 1962 Virginia
Helen Allison 1956 Virginia
Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
Maria Anjiras 1961 Connecticut
Audrey Backeberg 1942 Wisconsin
Nancy Baird 1952 Utah
Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Donna Barnhill 1967 North Carolina
Katherine Barnum 1954 Colorado
Carol Batterman 1939 Oklahoma
Ingrid Bauer 1958 Ohio
Phyllis Berry 1954 Texas
Joan Bieter 1946 Minnesota
Amy Billig 1957 Florida
Althea Blankinship 1949 Washington
Marie Blee 1964 Colorado
Patricia Blough 1946 Indiana
Barbara Bockwith 1958 Florida
Kristy Booth 1960 Texas
Lisa Borden 1960 Texas
Sandra Breed 1948 New York
Joyce Brewer 1955 Texas
Phyllis Brewer 1961 Ohio
Niki Britten 1953 Oregon
Carlene Brown 1955 Wyoming
Darcy Brown 1943 Ohio
Judith Brown 1957 New York
Barbara Bruno 1961 New York
Colleen Burgess 1948 Colorado
Jo Burmer 1947 California
Carla Burns 1966 Illinois
Pamela Burrows 1949 Washington
Sandra Butler 1962 Nevada
Peggy Byars-Baisden 1941 Florida
Rosemary Calandriello 1952 New Jersey
Ilonka Cann 1948 Pennsylvania
Judith Chartier 1964 Massachusetts
Diane Chorba 1949 Michigan
Anna Ciaccio 1949 Nebraska
Jane Clement 1941 Louisiana
Tammy Clements 1965 Michigan
Rose Cole 1956 California
Kathryn Collins 1957 Texas
Darlene Conklin 1959 New York
Lynn Connes 1955 California
Cynthia Constantine 1954 New York
Mary Cook Spencer 1954 Maryland
Cynthia Coon 1956 Michigan
Carla Corley 1965 Alabama
Jan Cotta 1954 New Jersey
Barbara Cotton 1965 North Dakota
Joanne Coughlin 1953 Ohio
Donella Coultas 1950 California
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
Brenda Crowley 1963 New York
Teresa Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Brenda Davidson 1960 Virginia
Judy Davis 1956 Florida
Vali Davis 1955 Indiana
Eva Debruhl 1962 South Carolina
Angela Delawder 1960 Florida
Susan DeQuina 1957 Massachusetts
Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Kimberly Doss 1962 Florida
Anita Drake 1948 Ohio
Alexis Duggan 1951 Florida
Rebecca Dunn 1958 Nevada
Kathleen Durst 1952 New York
Diane Dye 1965 California
Christine Eastin 1952 California
Carol Edwards 1955 Washington
Megan Emerick 1956 Alaska
Beverly England 1947 Colorado
Frances Ewalt 1949 Montana
Rachael Garden 1964 New Hampshire
Trenny Gibson 1960 Tennessee
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Cherry Greenman 1956 Washington
Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
Corinne Groenenberg 1957 California
Gina Hall 1962 Virginia
Susan Hallowell Florida
Mary Hammonds 1933 Kentucky
Evelyn Hartley 1937 Wisconsin
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana
Sharon Hensley 1948 Louisiana
Kathleen Henson 1948 Oklahoma
Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Barbara Hilton 1949 Illinois
Pamela Hobley 1954 Michigan
Margaret Holst 1958 Nebraska
Sandra Hopler 1955 Pennsylvania
Cheryl Ann Iacovone 1960 Pennsylvania
Nancy Jason 1958 Maryland
Paulette Jaster 1954 Michigan
Joanna Jenkins 1954 Ohio
Gail Joiner 1959 Florida
Rita Jolly 1955 Oregon
Theresa Jones 1963 Texas
Suzanne Justis 1950 Oregon
Edna Kaminski 1921 New York
Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland
Rebecca Kellison 1954 Colorado
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Cindy King 1961 Oregon
Kimberly King 1966 Michigan
Tracy King 1960 Pennsylvania
Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana
Elaine Kwiatkowski 1956 Massachusetts
Rhonda Labbe 1956 Massachusetts
Vicke Lamberton 1949 Massachusetts
Christine Langford 1956 California
Diana Laughlin 1950 Illinois
Karen Lee 1961 Oregon
Cynthia Leslie 1959 Arizona
Jackie Leslie 1961 Arizona
Lori Lloyd 1961 Ohio
Linda Lovell 1948 Montana
Pamela Lovitt 1959 Michigan
Debora Lowe 1958 Florida
Carol Lubahn 1954 California
O'Dina Lucero 1960 New Mexico
Sylvia Lwowski 1953 New York
Paula Lynch 1956 Ohio
Dorothy Madden 1948 Ohio
Tammy Mahoney 1961 New York
Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
Aleca Manning 1952 Arizona
Judy Martins 1955 Ohio
Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois
Barbara McClure 1954 Washington
Cordelia McMinn 1950 Hawaii
Angela Meeker 1965 Washington
Deborah Meyer 1958 Wyoming
Jeannette Miller 1953 Washington
Linda Miller 1954 California
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Cathy Moulton 1955 Maine
Michelle Mulcahy 1961 Florida
Kathleen Murphy 1955 Texas
Audrey Nerenberg 1958 New York
Linda Nickell 1955 Michigan
Karen O'Donoghue 1944 Massachusetts
Nancy O'Sullivan 1959 Illinois
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Denise Oliverson 1950 Colorado
Mary Opitz 1963 Florida
Patricia Otto 1952 Idaho
Kristina Perkins 1953 Arizona
Janel Peters 1960 California
Sherry Pickle 1956 California
Sheila Pierce 1954 West Virginia
Linda Pleva 1949 Oregon
Darlene Polizzi 1947 New Jersey
Sharon Pretorius 1960 Ohio
Wanda Priddy 1958 Texas
Jennifer Prince 1957 New Jersey
Debra Pscholka 1958 California
Dean Pyle Peters 1966 Michigan
Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts
Laureen Rahn 1966 New Hampshire
Theresa Rains 1949 California
Theresa Rains 1949 California
Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida
Betty Redmond 1951 Maryland
Ione Rehwinkle 1928 Minnesota
Teresa Rhodes 1962 Pennsylvania
Dorothy Richardson 1960 Texas
Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts
Sherry Roach 1959 California
Elaine Robertson 1955 Washington
Mary Rodermund 1962 Louisiana
Lonene Rogers 1951 Pennsylvania
Lonene Rogers 1951 Pennsylvania
Alma Root 1965 California
Alma Root 1965 California
Nancy Rose 1950 Idaho
Patricia Salamandyk Unknown
Janis Sanders 1950 Michigan
Lucinda Schaefer 1962 California
Gayla Schaper 1951 Idaho
Cheryl Scherer 1959 Missouri
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Suzanne Schultz 1961 Wisconsin
Beverly Sharpman 1930 Pennsylvania
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Laurie Sibrell 1963 Tennessee
Colleen Simpson 1960 Iowa
Roxanne Sims 1958 Oregon
Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Laurie Smith 1954 Arizona
Stephanie Smith 1954 Pennsylvania
Judy Smithson 1958 California
Margie Snead 1954 Arkansas
Mary Cook Spencer 1954 Maryland
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Mary Sprague 1960 Florida
Delores Stanton 1955 Florida
Helen Stark 1921 Wisconsin
Kimberly Stewart 1956 California
Carlene Tengelsen 1956 Georgia
Sarah Tokier 1960 California
Deborah Tomlinson 1957 Oregon
Mary Trlica 1957 Texas
Virginia Uden 1947 Wyoming
Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota
Patricia Vaughan 1963 Connecticut
Beatrice Villela 1960 Texas
Floradean Walker 1925 Texas
Diane Webb 1942 Arizona
Mary Weekly 1952 Missouri
Christina White 1967 Washington
Christina White 1967 Washington
Kathy Wilcox 1956 Michigan
Debra Wilhite 1955 Indiana
Selinda Winegar 1962 Vermont
Cynthia Woolard 1957 Florida
Cheryl Wyant 1964 California
Jennifer Wyant 1958 Tennessee
April Zane 1960 Illinois
Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

I'm not professional, but I wanted to make a reconstruction of BG with her hair down. What do you think about it? I tried to be as accurate with her proportions based on the post mortem photos as possible. (I hope I'm not breaking any of the rules by posting this)
attachment.php

Also, I don't know if you know about Cayleigh Elise. She is a woman on YouTube who creates videos presenting all kinds of criminal cases. She now has a "Nameless" series where she presents cases of unidentified bodies. Her channel is quite popular and she has almost 300k subscribers. She often mentions Websleuths. It would certainly give the case a lot of exposure if she made an episode on BG. I will try to contact her.

Attachments

• BGwjacket3lowws.jpg
    BGwjacket3lowws.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 226
Damn. Every time I look at BG's PM photos, I think huh, she looks like somebody I know. And your excellent portrait makes me feel the same way. If only I could remember who she is or when/where I might have met her...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm not professional, but I wanted to make a reconstruction of BG with her hair down. What do you think about it? I tried to be as accurate with her proportions based on the post mortem photos as possible. (I hope I'm not breaking any of the rules by posting this)
attachment.php

Your reconstruction photo could be the photo that may help to finally identify who Buckskin Girl is.

Well done on the reconstruction photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member