Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Were any similar to BG's murder where she was beaten and strangled but not raped?
I also want to add that I'm not sure if it's ever been said if she had recently had sex. LE said they're holding a lot of info private
Those I mentioned it is unknown if they were raped.
The DeBarge was decomposed, the family reported a smell in 1992 but the source was not found. 1993 her body was discovered from their dogs going back there to that area and the kids found the source then.
JB had beaten and attempted to strangle the woman at CJ Brown. After searching Newspapers, I found there's another one that got away from Dayton. He admitted he was fascinated with strangling women. He was a person of interest with a man reporting in Chicago, I found that article too. The prosecutor for Peggy Casey case was certain it was JB. I haven't found where Peggy Casey was raped, her body was chopped up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If Marcia was traveling between Louisville and Pittsburgh I would take I-71 through Cincinnati to Columbus then on to I-70. May even take 35 from Cincinnati to Zanesville then on to I70. In all Troy is a bit off the route not a huge distance but still off the route if traveling to or from Louisville/Pittsburgh.
You could still take I-75 to Dayton then on to I-70 but if I was hitchhiking/traveling I would take the shortest distance possible

If I was going to hide a body I would hide it well away from where I lived whether it was Pittsburgh, Louisville or Little Rock .. Troy looks like a prime spot

Every time I see Cincinnati .. WKRP theme song goes off in my head. :dance: .. probably showing my age with that :shame:

I'll have to search papers for strangulation deaths in the area over the years. Especially prior to 1981.

Troy area is definitely off the track to Pittsburgh. The time I went there, I definitely had to go south to start heading there.

there were (2) other murders that I could find in 81 maybe others please let me know if their are Rajam

1) Robyn Clawson she was found nude in a feld, she had been run over by a car Harry Walker was charged in her murder
2) Deborah Prince was found by a cemetary, she had been strangled with a nylon rope there was no other markings on her from any type of struggle bruises scratches etc her car was located @ mile away purse was still in it, she was also 5 mths pregnant Her killer has not been identified

Agree with LE do not forsee either of these murders being connected to Marcia

@Roselvr .. Deborah Prince was found strangled her killer was never identified.

IMO ... She was pregnant and more often than not this leads back to a domestic matter, with no other markings other than the strangulation she most likely knew her killer as that it appears she did not fight back.

I can't get the Ohio Atty General page to load to compare cold Cases, would like to compare to what's posted on

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Ohio

Also searching papers, case could be closed if someone innocent was prosecuted.

Another weird case in Miami County was back in 1973. Will not go there because it's a long one and case was closed. Hearing there is a third party still walking the streets. Looks like sometimes a case might get closed because it's like beating a deadhorse.

344 missing people listed in NAMUS. Some of those could possibly be victim of strangulation. Also just like Marcia's situation, there could be even more missing and not listed as missing because of adult age.

I truly hope her case opens up more options for filing a missing persons report and it's taken serious on anyone of adult age.

My theory now is still that she was killed by someone she knew (but NOT a family member). Maybe it was a guy she met while she was hitchhiking and started a relationship with. The relationship might've been very abusive. She was about to walk out and leave him, maybe by hitchhiking, and he attacked her. Maybe she was trying to jump out of a moving car when it came to a stop. He parked, and there was a fight. He assaulted her until she was nearly dead, then dumped her, barely alive, a short distance away. I was initially thinking maybe she was killed inside of a hotel or apartment but, even in the middle of the night, it would be very risky to carry a body out into an apartment, and a hotel wouldn't be possible. Someone would definitely see.

From the info posted above, it sure doesn't sound like a truck could've come to that area to dump a body. That, along with the lack of sexual assault, makes me think it wasn't random or done by a truck driver.

Agree. I think if it was random she would have been raped. I've always felt domestic violence. I feel there was a guy she was with that family may not have known about. I also still say he had a bike, was a biker due to her buckskin jacket. Clothing like that were very popular with the motorcycle crowd.

Agree. I think if it was random she would have been raped. I've always felt domestic violence. I feel there was a guy she was with that family may not have known about. I also still say he had a bike, was a biker due to her buckskin jacket. Clothing like that were very popular with the motorcycle crowd.
Curious if there's still registration information from those years...

I could see her on the back of a Triumph or Indian with that jacket. I don't think it's not necessarily a Harley type of jacket.

Would also explain all of the areas travelled. Million dollar question though, did she have that Buckskin when she was last seen?

good point!

okay I'm done editing my post for the 3rd time lol

If Marcia was traveling between Louisville and Pittsburgh I would take I-71 through Cincinnati to Columbus then on to I-70. May even take 35 from Cincinnati to Zanesville then on to I70. In all Troy is a bit off the route not a huge distance but still off the route if traveling to or from Louisville/Pittsburgh.
You could still take I-75 to Dayton then on to I-70 but if I was hitchhiking/traveling I would take the shortest distance possible

If I was going to hide a body I would hide it well away from where I lived whether it was Pittsburgh, Louisville or Little Rock .. Troy looks like a prime spot

Every time I see Cincinnati .. WKRP theme song goes off in my head. :dance: .. probably showing my age with that :shame:

Why did they leave her there though? Why not hide her body in a better spot?

@Roselvr .. Deborah Prince was found strangled her killer was never identified.

IMO ... She was pregnant and more often than not this leads back to a domestic matter, with no other markings other than the strangulation she most likely knew her killer as that it appears she did not fight back.

My thought was her BF or father of the baby.
I wonder if BG had anything under her finger nails and if LE are looking to process it. If they're able to get something they should consider Parabon for a computer image

I go back and forth on whether or not I think this was a stranger. Just because she wasn't raped doesn't mean that wasn't the original intent of the perpetrator. She may have put up more of a fight than he was expecting and perhaps he killed her in the struggle. Cause of death was strangulation but do we know if she was strangled by the perps hands or if it was perhaps a rope or something flat placed against her throat (like a crowbar)? Also, her shoes could have come off during a struggle (depending on what type of shoes she was wearing). JMO.

Reading newspapers ... there were some very large drug trafficking busts in the area in 81. Have tossed around the thought if it was not a domestic partner matter, then what was the purpose in killing her .. Is it possible she may have had knowledge of criminal activity ?

Bonnie Ayers was murdered south of Dayton by Charles Sanders; she was beat in the head with concrete because she owed CS money for drugs. By no means do I feel as thou MK was a drug user this is just an example how drug dealers/traffickers can be very abusive and brutal individuals. "Food for Thought"

There are several cold cases on the Dayton Police website http://www.daytonohiopolice.com/coldcase/index.html

Please don't throw :tomato: its just possibilities running around in my head... just trying to rule them out as I go

News about MK's identity is spreading far and wide, it is even featured in a Montreal newspaper.
Rbbm.
http://montrealgazette.com/news/wor...back/wcm/d6a905b5-3522-4d7f-b2f8-8c33e37c8bf9
CRIME HUNTER: After 37 years, murder victim Buckskin Girl has her name back

April 14 2018

Now, detectives have a killer to bring to justice.

But picking up an ice-cold trail will not be easy.

King’s body was found April 22, 1981, off Ohio State Route 55 near Troy, north of Dayton and not far from the busy I-75.
She wasn’t wearing shoes or socks and had been left by her killer in a fetal position. King had been dead maybe a day.

The pretty redhead had been battered in the face and neck and had a lacerated liver. She was strangled to death.

Cops were screwed right from the start. They believed she had been murdered somewhere else and her body dumped.
Originally from Little Rock, Ark., King was a long way from home.

A month before her murder, the deeply tanned redhead may have been in Louisville, KY., and Pittsburgh, PA.
One operating theory was that King was hitchhiking and got into the wrong car or truck.

During the 1980s and 1990s, an unknown serial killer murdered at least 10 prostitutes and strippers along I-75. King was neither and may have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

A victim of opportunity. The MO was the same in the other central Ohio slayings but King was well-dressed and well-groomed.
Cops had the slender thread of one potential suspect — the truck stop prostitutes were terrified of this john.

His CB handle? Dr. No. His true identity remains a mystery.
Buckskin Girl herself was only identified because of cutting-edge technology that will soon become commonplace and help provide answers for hundreds of other families.

“This is not your run of the mill ‘DNA solves unidentified person,’” Dr. Elizabeth Murray told reporters. “I think you’ll hear today that this is really some revolutionary and groundbreaking work.”
Investigators are now beginning to paint a picture of King’s movements in the last month before she ended up in Miami County.

“It is an old case,” Lord said. “But we are determined to bring the person to justice who did it.

Wondering if the head injuries could be caused by a golf club?
Not that MK was dressed in any shape or form for golfing, but are there many golf courses in the areas she was believed to have visited?
speculation.

BBM
O/T Loved that show! As God is my witness I thought turkeys could fly. :turkey:

Just some random thoughts. Hitching is kinda like bus riding. Sometimes you have to go a piece out of the way to reach where you're going. She may have started out in Louisville, and someone gave her a lift to Lexington, Ky.., knowing that she could likely grab a ride with someone, headed up Hwy 27, or I75, to Cinci, or, maybe even as far as, Dayton, she'd accept. Thinking, once there, she could hitch her way, on to Pittsburgh, from one of those two cities. I remember seeing folks hitching, more-so, in the cities, close to, but maybe not on, the Interstate on ramps, back in the day. Only this driver doesn't stop to let her out as planned. He's familiar with the area, and doesn't stop to let her out at the exit in Dayton, but either jumps off onto Hwy 35 and on then goes on to Greenlee Rd, or gets off on the Troy exit, and then to Greenlee. He might be someone from the local area, or, he could be one of those folks who picks up their victims at truck stops, as they travel around the U.S.

Here is another one I came across

Kimberly S King (How ironic) .. 19 yr from Harrison Twp, her body was found 11/24/81 on the roadside S Diamond Mill Rd Germantown she had no identification and nude her cause of death strangulation. Have not located as of yet if there was anyone charged in her murder.

Big Guy Carlson ::hilarious: ... rsd1200 This is Les Nessman saying good day, and may the good news be yours

Here is another one I came across

Kimberly S King (How ironic) .. 19 yr from Harrison Twp, her body was found 11/24/81 on the roadside S Diamond Mill Rd Germantown she had no identification and nude her cause of death strangulation. Have not located as of yet if there was anyone charged in her murder.

Big Guy Carlson ::hilarious: ... rsd1200 This is Les Nessman saying good day, and may the good news be yours
oh damn, you're good! I am able to look at cold cases in Montgomery Co through the Dayton Police website, Kim King is not listed there. However another Jane Doe in Darke Co was in 1970, wearing a red hair wig. Darke Co is right next to us.

I'm really trying to think this one through, and the Buckskin jacket is throwing me off. Here's what I mean.

If I follow the statistics I posted upthread, Marcia was murdered by a jealous, irate partner. Given her beauty, that scenario seems aligned. She was found without shoes. I'm interested in whether the bottoms of her feet were quite dirty, or clean.

When I think of a gal walking around barefoot (when it's chilly outside), I think of a gal cooking in the kitchen. I could see the Perp grabbing a kitchen implement and attacking her. Given the severity of her injuries, there would have been a fair amount of blood. Facial/scalp wounds bleed profusely.

But why leave her shoes behind and take her jacket? I believe the jacket was found close to her at the scene. That's throwing me off. Maybe because it was so distinctive and would be easily associated to Marcia? Not sure.

We don't know whether the lacerated liver was from a puncture or blunt force. If blunt force, that had to be a heck of a wallop. Depending on the placement of the impact, we would know if the Perp was left or right handed.

I know the reports say Marcia died somewhere else and was deposited where she was found. I agree she was attacked elsewhere or there would have been blood all around the scene. However, given the fetal position and the pain on her face clearly shown in the post mortem pic, I think she went in to the fetal position out of pain, and died.

Because of this girls beauty, I absolutely believe this was a crime of passion. In addition, I absolutely believe there are several people who know who did this and have kept quiet all these years. Well, with the new DNA techniques, they should expect a knock on their door soon. Try to sleep with that on your mind Perp.

Maybe the shoes were a trophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads