Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really trying to think this one through, and the Buckskin jacket is throwing me off. Here's what I mean.

If I follow the statistics I posted upthread, Marcia was murdered by a jealous, irate partner. Given her beauty, that scenario seems aligned. She was found without shoes. I'm interested in whether the bottoms of her feet were quite dirty, or clean.

When I think of a gal walking around barefoot (when it's chilly outside), I think of a gal cooking in the kitchen. I could see the Perp grabbing a kitchen implement and attacking her. Given the severity of her injuries, there would have been a fair amount of blood. Facial/scalp wounds bleed profusely.

But why leave her shoes behind and take her jacket? I believe the jacket was found close to her at the scene. That's throwing me off. Maybe because it was so distinctive and would be easily associated to Marcia? Not sure.

We don't know whether the lacerated liver was from a puncture or blunt force. If blunt force, that had to be a heck of a wallop. Depending on the placement of the impact, we would know if the Perp was left or right handed.

I know the reports say Marcia died somewhere else and was deposited where she was found. I agree she was attacked elsewhere or there would have been blood all around the scene. However, given the fetal position and the pain on her face clearly shown in the post mortem pic, I think she went in to the fetal position out of pain, and died.

Because of this girls beauty, I absolutely believe this was a crime of passion. In addition, I absolutely believe there are several people who know who did this and have kept quiet all these years. Well, with the new DNA techniques, they should expect a knock on their door soon. Try to sleep with that on your mind Perp.

She was wearing the jacket

Maybe the shoes were a trophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or distinctive but why not take the jacket too? Too hard to get it off of her?

Roselvr,

Are you sure she was wearing the jacket? I have it in my head it was found near her. I get my threads mixed up sometimes tho. : )

Maybe the shoes were a trophy

You know, this sounds kinda stupid, but it came to mind. What if she were wearing expensive, distinct cowboy boots? Ive heard of people being killed for their Air Jordans. You never know. Definitely a fringe theory, but hey, I don't want to narrow the possibilities yet.

Roselvr,

Are you sure she was wearing the jacket? I have it in my head it was found near her. I get my threads mixed up sometimes tho. : )

The guy that found her is on video saying he saw the jacket and wanted it but saw she was wearing it. Also LE have said it.

The guy that found her is on video saying he saw the jacket and wanted it but saw she was wearing it. Also LE have said it.

Well that screws up my cooking in the kitchen scenario. : )
I'm trying to figure out what type of tool was used to strike the victim. Would that marking on her forehead be the result of hammer (backwards - the claw portion where you pull nails).

Well that screws up my cooking in the kitchen scenario. : )
I'm trying to figure out what type of tool was used to strike the victim. Would that marking on her forehead be the result of hammer (backwards - the claw portion where you pull nails).
I always pictured one of these things: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-24-in-Steel-Wrecking-Bar/50015934

Prybar, crowbar, wrecking bar, whatever you want to call it. Just about everybody who does work around the house or yard has at least one. They're commonly carried in toolboxes and car trunks. We have one in the garage with the rakes and shovels; it's used mostly for breaking ice in the winter.

Some tire irons have a claw end; useful for prying off hubcaps.

And yes, I would think the back of an ordinary claw hammer would make that kind of mark.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

IMO MK lived in Little Rock, AR then moved to Louisville, KY then moved to the Pittsburgh, PA area. According to the pollen tests she stayed in the NE for at least a year or more. Wonder if MK had a beau or an ex-beau in either locations that did not want to let MK go if she was to leave that person or one that ws trying to bring her back.

The analysis uncovered microscopic clues investigators couldn't possibly have noticed. It suggests the Buckskin Girl was either from the Northeast, or spent a significant amount of time there, perhaps a year or longer. That’s because the pollen on her clothing comes from the northeastern dry-oak forest region, which includes areas in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.

Her clothing also contained high levels of soot from vehicle traffic, nearby industrial activity, or both. That suggests she spent significant time in a Northeastern urban area, or may have been a hitchhiker. The former is considered a strong possibility, Hickey explained, because even her undergarments were covered with soot particles.

The pollen on her outer clothing, including her jeans and leather jacket, tells a different story. It comes from a more arid region in the western U.S. or northern Mexico.

Could she have hitchhiked out west and been on her way back when she was killed? It’s one possibility investigators are considering.

I always think of this type as its what we have when crowbar or prybar mentioned. They come in all sorts of sizes and types though. I think LE mentioned she may have been beaten with one.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-15-in-Pry-Bar/4777015

There must be bruising patterns that give a clue of type instrument. Maybe even hit in the back with one if she had lacerated liver. Kinda gives the idea someone may have just been swinging one at her hitting her as she turned and moved around. Maybe she was still alive so person strangled her.

Blunt force trauma and strangulation seem to be a popular method of killing a significant other. Local news here yesterday just had verdict of guilty in an ongoing case of a guy killing his girlfriend in just this manner. You hear this over and over again.

LE said there was no evidence of recent sexual activity, whether rape or consensual.

I'm really trying to think this one through, and the Buckskin jacket is throwing me off. Here's what I mean.

If I follow the statistics I posted upthread, Marcia was murdered by a jealous, irate partner. Given her beauty, that scenario seems aligned. She was found without shoes. I'm interested in whether the bottoms of her feet were quite dirty, or clean.

Given the severity of her injuries, there would have been a fair amount of blood. Facial/scalp wounds bleed profusely.

We don't know whether the lacerated liver was from a puncture or blunt force. If blunt force, that had to be a heck of a wallop. Depending on the placement of the impact, we would know if the Perp was left or right handed.

-Female victims were more likely to be killed by someone they knew. Around three-quarters of female victims knew the main suspect, compared with half (50%) of male victims.
-Just over half of female victims aged 16 or over had been killed by their partner, ex-partner or lover (54%, 94 offences)
-The most common method of killing for both male and females continues to be by sharp instrument. In 2009/10, as in each of the last eight years, male and female victims were both more likely to be killed by a sharp instrument than any other method.
-The second most common method for male murders involves hitting or kicking (113 homicides, or 27%)
-The second most common method for females murder was strangulation or asphyxiation (41 homicides, or 21%).

From Carbuffs post
Prybar, crowbar, wrecking bar, whatever you want to call it. Just about everybody who does work around the house or yard has at least one. They're commonly carried in toolboxes and car trunks

From AggieLou's post
There must be bruising patterns that give a clue of type instrument. Maybe even hit in the back with one if she had lacerated liver. Kinda gives the idea someone may have just been swinging one at her hitting her as she turned

Makes perfect sense that she was assaulted with a crowbar as that something that would be readily available at a home or in a car. The position of the impact would provide whether the killer was left or right, the blunt force was severe enough to cause a laceration. She could of been trying to run or either her back was turned to her perp.

Pretty good stuff here....

When I saw the same style buckskin jacket for sale online, it was described as a men's buckskin jacket. Plus, I think the style and cut of it seems masculine to me . I wonder if the jacket wasn't really hers to begin with, but belonged to someone else. Perhaps someone she knew gave it to her, or she was just borrowing it.

Could she have been a Grateful Dead follower? The were in Pittsburgh PA 3/5/81 and 3/6/81. They did a few more shows in the states until 3/14. They left the states for shows 3/20 - 3/28. The next concert is back in the states 4/25/81 Berkeley CA. They had worked their way back to PA by 5/2/81

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./gdead/81.html

Excellent theory

I see Cincinnati .. WKRP theme song goes off in my head. :dance: .. probably showing my age with that :shame:

Same here,lol..When we go through Cincinnati on our way to Florida, that theme song pops up in my head, too! Lol..I guess I am showing my age, too.

Plus, I remember as a child, when we were going through Louisville, Ky ("the Blue Grass State")....I really thought the grass would be blue! I remember being disappointed that it wasn't and could never understand why they called it, "The Blue Grass State", if it was green.Lol

My theory now is still that she was killed by someone she knew (but NOT a family member). Maybe it was a guy she met while she was hitchhiking and started a relationship with. The relationship might've been very abusive. She was about to walk out and leave him, maybe by hitchhiking, and he attacked her. Maybe she was trying to jump out of a moving car when it came to a stop. He parked, and there was a fight. He assaulted her until she was nearly dead, then dumped her, barely alive, a short distance away. I was initially thinking maybe she was killed inside of a hotel or apartment but, even in the middle of the night, it would be very risky to carry a body out into an apartment, and a hotel wouldn't be possible. Someone would definitely see.

From the info posted above, it sure doesn't sound like a truck could've come to that area to dump a body. That, along with the lack of sexual assault, makes me think it wasn't random or done by a truck driver.

I agree. A boyfriend her age, hopefully her age cos he'd be 57 or 58 and quite possibly alive. If a stranger attacked, robbed, or picked her up, there'd have been a rape. And there wasn't, and he left her there and made sure no ID, and no shoes for what reason that is, we still have to figure out. And he certainly got away with it as planned, for a long long time. He might be sitting somewhere saying, "Oh crap, are you kidding me"?!!!

I agree. A boyfriend her age, hopefully her age cos he'd be 57 or 58 and quite possibly alive. If a stranger attacked, robbed, or picked her up, there'd have been a rape. And there wasn't, and he left her there and made sure no ID, and no shoes for what reason that is, we still have to figure out. And he certainly got away with it as planned, for a long long time. He might be sitting somewhere saying, "Oh crap, are you kidding me"?!!!

I think her shoes might've come off in the struggle. I really hope they catch him, quickly. His time is running out.

I think her shoes might've come off in the struggle. I really hope they catch him, quickly. His time is running out.

Springrain, I thought I saw where the DNA DOE Project, accepts donations. Is there an address or link or something? Thank you.

When I saw the same style buckskin jacket for sale online, it was described as a men's buckskin jacket. Plus, I think the style and cut of it seems masculine to me . I wonder if the jacket wasn't really hers to begin with, but belonged to someone else. Perhaps someone she knew gave it to her, or she was just borrowing it.

Androgenous clothing was much more popular in the 1970s/80s. She was also wearing her long hair in unattractive tight braids. To me, that might support the hitch-hiking theory, that she was trying to avoid attracting the wrong type of male attention.

But the braids and jacket also seem quite anachronistic to me for 1981. It's more of a 60s/hippy style. By 1981, everyone I knew was into either disco or punk. So the deadhead idea also has merit, I think.

ETA: she was the same age as me.

Springrain, I thought I saw where the DNA DOE Project, accepts donations. Is there an address or link or something? Thank you.

You can donate through Paypal or you can send a check to the address on here:

https://dnadoeproject.org/

Also if you want to donate to a specific case, you can click on the case and then the Donate button. But if you want to donate to a specific case, you can only donate through Paypal.

Here is another one I came across

Kimberly S King (How ironic) .. 19 yr from Harrison Twp, her body was found 11/24/81 on the roadside S Diamond Mill Rd Germantown she had no identification and nude her cause of death strangulation. Have not located as of yet if there was anyone charged in her murder.

Big Guy Carlson ::hilarious: ... rsd1200 This is Les Nessman saying good day, and may the good news be yours

I have not been able to locate that information (do you have some clipping or something folieadeuxnola?) but Diamond Mill Rd is also very rural. Also Harrison Twp is north...Germantown south.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dia...cbd76a8fa16!2m2!1d-84.306268!2d40.0470476!3e0

Plus Easter was April 19th 1981 and Thanksgiving was November 26, 1981. May be neither here nor there but sounds like someone who definitely knows rural routes.

I have not been able to locate that information (do you have some clipping or something folieadeuxnola?) but Diamond Mill Rd is also very rural. Also Harrison Twp is north...Germantown south.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dia...cbd76a8fa16!2m2!1d-84.306268!2d40.0470476!3e0

Plus Easter was April 19th 1981 and Thanksgiving was November 26, 1981. May be neither here nor there but sounds like someone who definitely knows rural routes.

There are two articles from the The Journal Herald , Kimberly King was from Harrison Twp. Her nude body was found North of Germantown along S Diamond Mill Rd. LE determined she was killed 6pm Sunday 11/22, how they would know that ... IMO they know whom commited the crime. All thou have not found any furthers articles where LE identified her killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member