Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's what's going to happen, I predict.
I am of the belief that this is a crime of passion, domestic violence.
Marcia and the Perp were a known couple, and the Perp no doubt told their friends that Marcia ran off. He dumped her far enough away to avoid detection. It worked for 37 years.

I think the national publicity this case is getting will bring an informant forward...IF the press continues to tell Marcia's story. The Perp will be getting a knock at their door. It's coming.

Boy I'm on a roll tonight.
I think I figured out a plausible scenario as to why she was barefoot, but wearing her now infamous buckskin coat.

I imagine an argument and Marcia decides to take off. She puts on her jacket to go, and the Perp is either holding her shoes to keep her from leaving, or she never gets the chance to put them on.

She was trying to leave the Perp, and he went berserk.

Marcia and the Perp were a known couple, and the Perp no doubt told their friends that Marcia ran off. He dumped her far enough away to avoid detection. It worked for 37 years.

I think the national publicity this case is getting will bring an informant forward...IF the press continues to tell Marcia's story. The Perp will be getting a knock at their door. It's coming.

I agree with you. My question is, if this was the case, did she and the killer meet when she was still at home or after she had left? I strongly believe that her family didn't know about him or else they would've spoken to LE about him. I'm more inclined to think she met him during her travels and they started a relationship.

I don't think she was killed in a hotel or apartment due to the transportation issue. I also don't think she was transported in a truck based off earlier posts on here about a truck not being able to be in that area. That would most likely leave the crime having occurred in a house, in a car, or outdoors, with the transportation occurring by car. I think a 5'6 130 lb. woman would probably be too much to carry for very long at all.

Since we don't know how long she was deceased before being dumped, that could mean she was killed hours away and driven there. I have a hard time believing they were staying anywhere near Troy, or probably even in Ohio, because if they were that close, then their friends or other contacts would've found out. I think he almost certainly told their friends or perhaps his family that Marcia "just ran off".

I think it's possible she lived with him in Pittsburgh, going to Louisville in March 1981 and probably before that too. I think they would've had enough money to have their hygienic needs met, and probably a car too. Maybe they were between Pittsburgh and Louisville, stopped in Ohio to get food, and then he started a fight, killing her. The fight took place in the car or outside in a very rural area. After that, he went driving around looking for a spot. going to Troy and dumping her in the early morning hours.

I agree with you. My question is, if this was the case, did she and the killer meet when she was still at home or after she had left? I strongly believe that her family didn't know about him or else they would've spoken to LE about him. I'm more inclined to think she met him during her travels and they started a relationship.

I don't think she was killed in a hotel or apartment due to the transportation issue. I also don't think she was transported in a truck based off earlier posts on here about a truck not being able to be in that area. That would most likely leave the crime having occurred in a house, in a car, or outdoors, with the transportation occurring by car. I think a 5'6 130 lb. woman would probably be too much to carry for very long at all.

Since we don't know how long she was deceased before being dumped, that could mean she was killed hours away and driven there. I have a hard time believing they were staying anywhere near Troy, or probably even in Ohio, because if they were that close, then their friends or other contacts would've found out. I think he almost certainly told their friends or perhaps his family that Marcia "just ran off".

I think it's possible she lived with him in Pittsburgh, going to Louisville in March 1981 and probably before that too. I think they would've had enough money to have their hygienic needs met, and probably a car too. Maybe they were between Pittsburgh and Louisville, stopped in Ohio to get food, and then he started a fight, killing her. The fight took place in the car or outside in a very rural area. After that, he went driving around looking for a spot. going to Troy and dumping her in the early morning hours.

Most likely a van...

I wonder if she had any close friends? Anyone that would remember her and who she was possibly dating around that time period.

I think I figured out a plausible scenario as to why she was barefoot, but wearing her now infamous buckskin coat.

I imagine an argument and Marcia decides to take off. She puts on her jacket to go, and the Perp is either holding her shoes to keep her from leaving, or she never gets the chance to put them on.

Could be. Leaving is the most dangerous time in domestic violence situations. Perps certainly have a tendency to go berserk at times like that.

LE said there was no evidence of recent sexual activity, whether rape or consensual.

Would you happen to have a link for that?

Androgenous clothing was much more popular in the 1970s/80s. She was also wearing her long hair in unattractive tight braids. To me, that might support the hitch-hiking theory, that she was trying to avoid attracting the wrong type of male attention.

But the braids and jacket also seem quite anachronistic to me for 1981. It's more of a 60s/hippy style. By 1981, everyone I knew was into either disco or punk. So the deadhead idea also has merit, I think.

ETA: she was the same age as me.

People that dressed like her rode or were passengers on motorcycles. I used to use a turtleneck too to keep the bugs out of my shirt/ neck

"...Globally, 40 percent of female murder victims die at the hands of a former or present spouse or lover.....Nearly all male murderers claim that they committed the murder out of love, and it was a result of loving too much...."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...09/why-do-some-men-murder-the-wives-they-love

I'll be shocked if it wasn't someone she was seeing at some point.

I think they may have been at the local bar, got to his house, he snuck her due to something that happened while they were out. Been there, done that.

Pretty sure they've said she was deceased a few hours when found. It may have been in the link I posted yesterday

Doe network narrative says the day before
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation, she also had suffered blows to the head and neck
Physical Description

Estimated Age: 18-26 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'6" (measured)
Weight: 125 - 130 lbs., (measured)
Hair Color: Reddish-brown plaited into thick pigtails.
Eye Color: Light brown to brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Her complexion was freckled and ruddy. She was in remarkably good physical condition. Had excellent personal hygiene. Her ears were not pierced. Several scars - 7/8" scar beneath chin, a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm, a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm, a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist, a 7/8" scar along posterior aspect of the right hand at the base of the middle finger, a 1 1/8" scar along medial aspect of right ankle, and a 3/4" scar on dorsal aspect right foot. A 3/4" x 1/4" tan birthmark is on anterior aspect left thigh. There is a light brown raised nevus (mole) below and slightly to the medial aspect of the right breast, and another brown nevus on left arm.
Identifiers

Dentals: Available. Her teeth were in good condition and she still had all four of her wisdom teeth. She also had a porcelain-metal crown on her top right central incisor.
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Patterned brown and orange turtleneck sweater (size L), white bra (size 32D), Wrangler jeans (size 30L), and a distinctive handmade buckskin hoodless poncho with a purple satin lining. No shoes were located.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Discovery

A passerby reported a fully clothed woman in a ditch on Greenlee Road near State Route 55 in rural Miami County. A coroner's report revealed that she died of strangulation. She also had suffered blows to the head and neck. She was not sexually assaulted.

Evidence indicates that the body was transported to the scene from another location. Investigators believe she may have been a runaway or just a wanderer, hitching rides from one state to the next, although it did not appear that she had been on the road very long.

In 2016, isotope and pollen testing were performed on the victim's hair, fingernails and clothing. The tests showed that she had spent time in urban areas, based on soot on her clothing. Pollen found indicated she spent time in regions consistant with the South Western and South Eastern part of the United States or northern Mexico. The isotope testing indicated she likely originated from the Northeastern part of the United States or Canada.

Dubbed "The Buckskin Girl," she is laid to rest at Riverside Cemetery in Troy, Ohio.

The Doe Network: Case File 133UFOH - http://doenetwork.org/cases/133ufoh.html

I had forgotten about all of the scars. Now that she's been identified, have they said anything that might explain them?

This is my theory as well RFA, I believe he is in that NE region or possibly OK/TX still have yet to figure how that area plays into to her last year, there are a couple of possibilities not related to the perp. Pittsburgh is a good distance from Troy, the testing stated she had been in the NE region for a year or more. Disposing her body well enough away from the area he or they resided, I can hear it "oh MK she left" and that was it.

IMO when disposing her body the perp traveled from the east of Dayton/Troy i.e. driving I70 Westbound. Easier to exit when traveling westbound to your right (north)then exit left crossback over or under I70 and head south

Initially dancing around with JB and an SK ... do not believe that is the case this is someone she knew

Something you brought up yesterday, was her feet clean or dirty ... that clue could tell wether she had been indoors/outdoors. The amount of dirt if any would indicate if it was a short amount of time in or out

Something you brought up yesterday, was her feet clean or dirty ... that clue could tell wether she had been indoors/outdoors. The amount of dirt if any would indicate if it was a short amount of time in or out

Her feet were clean:

"her barefeet were clean, showing no indication of walking on dirt"

Might there have been some sort of communal living or camping something-or-other around there at the time? Or camping/music party or festival? (Just thinking ... [emoji848] [emoji189])

There is a hippie type of community that's been around awhile, not too awfully far from Troy. Town called Yellow Springs. It still has a name of being a hippie community, but back in the day, when this young lady passed, it was likely even more-so of a hippie type community.

There is a hippie type of community that's been around awhile, not too awfully far from Troy. Town called Yellow Springs. It still has a name of being a hippie community, but back in the day, when this young lady passed, it was likely even more-so of a hippie type community.
YS has always been that type of a community. Would be interesting if anyone recognized her with the two living pictures.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Maybe the shoes were a trophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible. I wonder if they were moccasins, that kinda matched the jacket? Just a thought, she could have slipped her shoes off, in the vehicle, to sit more comfortably with her feet in the seat. At some point, a fight happens in the vehicle. Driver stops, beats the Hell out of her, then leaves her, on the side of the road. Then again, it could have happened a bit earlier, and she could have jumped out of the moving vehicle,, taking a chance, she'd make it out alive. Chic around here did that, she managed to survive, but it was pretty bad.

Her feet were clean:

"her barefeet were clean, showing no indication of walking on dirt"

TY

Not really following the perp taking her shoes as a souvenier they were removed most likely by MK herself. To be wearing a sweater and poncho seems to be rather warm clothing to be indoors i.e. apt, house, hotel. However if you were traveling it would make sense .. slip your shoes off to be comfortable in a vehicle.

YS has always been that type of a community. Would be interesting if anyone recognized her with the two living pictures.

It would be interesting to know if LE has taken those photos there. It's only about a half hour drive from Troy. She could've been hanging out there, and then tried to hitch, onto Pittsburgh. I70 to Pittsburgh, is just north of YS, she may have hoofed it, up toward I70 and some freak picks her up.

It would be interesting to know if LE has taken those photos there. It's only about a half hour drive from Troy. She could've been hanging out there, and then tried to hitch, onto Pittsburgh. I70 to Pittsburgh, is just north of YS, she may have hoofed it, up toward I70 and some freak picks her up.
Yes exactly, not everyone out uses internet. More about preserving mother nature and such. Drove my 78 Camaro out there back in the day and got nasty looks because it was loud and probably didn't fit into their air. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome place for trips but not my style of everyday life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members