Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine just posted this on my wall. I had to rush over here to post it. I also posted it in Mount Vernon NY Jane Does thread as I bet it applies to her too!

No Visible Bruises: Domestic Violence and Traumatic Brain Injury - By Rachel Louise Snyder - December 30, 2015

Fifty per cent of domestic-violence victims are strangled at some point in the course of their relationship—often repeatedly, over years—and the overwhelming majority of strangulation perpetrators are men.....

...What Strack and the domestic-violence community understand today is that most strangulation injuries are internal, and that the very act of strangulation turns out to be the penultimate abuse by a perpetrator before a homicide. “Statistically, we know now that once the hands are on the neck the very next step is homicide,” Sylvia Vella, a clinician and a detective in the domestic-violence unit at the San Diego Police Department, says. “They don’t go backwards.”

A friend of mine just posted this on my wall. I had to rush over here to post it. I also posted it in Mount Vernon NY Jane Does thread as I bet it applies to her too!

No Visible Bruises: Domestic Violence and Traumatic Brain Injury - By Rachel Louise Snyder - December 30, 2015

That was a very good and eye-opening article- makes you wonder about some of those mysterious deaths, imo.
Those strangled to the point of losing consciousness are at the highest risk of dying in the first twenty-four to forty-eight hours after the incident, from strokes, blood clots, or aspiration (choking on their own vomit).
rbbm.

April 23, 1981 will mark the 35th anniversary of Buckskin Girl's death. :rose:

Buckskin Girl doesn't get much publicity, so the 35th anniversary will be a good opportunity to refresh people's memories.

Hi all,

I just made a Facebook page for her, "Who Was Buckskin Girl?" Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Who-Was-Buckskin-Girl-494963564014824/timeline

Like I said earlier, this year will be the 35th anniversary of her death, and she has been unidentified for so long. She should not have to be anonymous any longer.

If you could like the page and share the newest post, it would be much appreciated. Thank you :) and have a GREAT year! Since 2015 was SO great for UIDs I am cautiously optimistic about 2016.

Also: IDK if this was mentioned elsewhere, but was she strangled manually or with an object?

I noticed on NamUs that BG has a different case manager. Before, it was Detective Steve Lord and now it states Stephen Huffman. Steve was very good with returning my emails about the case and I'm wondering if he might have retired (I have no idea about his age). Hopefully there is still a possibility that the NCMEC could take on the case, since Steve seemed like he was open to the idea.

I noticed on NamUs that BG has a different case manager. Before, it was Detective Steve Lord and now it states Stephen Huffman. Steve was very good with returning my emails about the case and I'm wondering if he might have retired (I have no idea about his age). Hopefully there is still a possibility that the NCMEC could take on the case, since Steve seemed like he was open to the idea.

Unfortunately, He was not so diligent about returning mine.

This victim is included in a June 1992 article of CrimeBeat Magazine about the Truckstop Killer entitled On the Road to Death. It just has her sketch with 7 other women and says, "unidentified woman found April 24, 1981".

Was it ever publicly released if a tox report was completed, and if so, what the results were?

Hi all,

Like I said earlier, this year will be the 35th anniversary of her death, and she has been unidentified for so long. She should not have to be anonymous any longer.

If you could like the page and share the newest post, it would be much appreciated. Thank you :) and have a GREAT year! Since 2015 was SO great for UIDs I am cautiously optimistic about 2016.

Liked and sent out SEVERAL invitations. :)

Hi all,

Take a look at Walkers page or BG's album on NFM; you need to make sure there is a narrative with links on every photo you upload otherwise if someone shares it, it's a photo with no info attached to it.

Do we have a thread on Veteran Doe? I can't find one, but I'm extremely tired.

https://www.facebook.com/VeteranDoe/

Yes we do. NY - New York City, BlkMale 1609UMNY, 20-30, USMC Tattoo, Jun'97
I'm friends with the gal that runs Veteran Doe. It's a FB page that deals with US service related MP's & UP'S, with Force Recon John as her pet case. I've been helping her to figure out who we're going to target next
Another gal runs his FB page - John Doe - Who am I?

Take a look at Walkers page or BG's album on NFM; you need to make sure there is a narrative with links on every photo you upload otherwise if someone shares it, it's a photo with no info attached.

Oops :blush: sorry, I'm still new at this. Didn't know it had to be copied to every photo. Will do when I get home.

I wonder if any of the local new stations are planning on doing anything for the 35th anniversary? I am not familiar with who to contact or how to go about doing something like this. I did a quick search and the Troy Daily News is the newspaper where she was found, and Troy is very close to Dayton which probably has some form of news station.

I wish they would do isotope testing on Buckskin girl. I know that it isn't 100 percent accurate, but I have this nagging suspicion that she isn't from Ohio.

Oops :blush: sorry, I'm still new at this. Didn't know it had to be copied to every photo. Will do when I get home.

The info doesn't have to be & trust me a lot of people do not do it. NFM is successful because of how consistent we are with what we post. If you go to your BG page, click the photos, you'll see the post you made when you uploaded the pics, didn't go on the photos, so they are like blank pics, if they get shared, no one will know specifics. We always write a narrative, add all of their links then paste the info into each photo as well as the long description. You're welcome to use what we have for BG. The about your page is the short description, you only get so much that you can write.

I wish they would do isotope testing on Buckskin girl. I know that it isn't 100 percent accurate, but I have this nagging suspicion that she isn't from Ohio.

RSBM. I would be very curious to know the results of this testing; I really wish this was done with all UIDs.

She has had next to no media attention so the 35th anniversary will be a great chance to refresh memories and/or call attention to her. I will try to find some information for news outlets of surrounding towns and leave their contact info on here...very very important!

Also, as I posted last night on the FB page, I will be making a Google Drive document about BG. One of the sections will include the list of rule-outs. Luckily there is a long list on NamUs, but IIRC there were some other rule-outs who were not ruled out by NamUs. So far I know of Sharon Prestorious (sp?) and Barbara Cotton (a few years ago, maybe she is on NamUs now, I forget). But I was wondering if there is a list like there was for Walker County Jane Doe.

So if anyone could point me to a sheriff or ME rule-out list, if it exists, it'd be much appreciated. TIA :)

ETA: I added information to her photos.

On post #220 kpdx posted that through her own research she found a podcast by the daughter of Lonene Rogers that stated she had been ruled out as BS girl. I didn't check to see if she is ruled on out Nameus.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member