Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is meant in no way to critique any post, but as an ethno-historian I always have a problem with 'racial' identification. As far as I understand it, IMO, educated, *advertiser censored* sapiens sapiens is NOT a ring species so I do not, have never was taught, to ever identify populations as 'race,' a specious concept for my professors. Others may differ. There are, and have been, ethnic differences, superficial typology difference. adaptations to climate, etc.

Hispanic has always meant, to me, my professors, and what I have gleaned from available literature, pre-DNA to be, at times, an admixture of Spanish, First Nation, & perhaps African ethnicity. It was never considered a race but there are boxes that must be checked. On that reasoning, Hispanic was considered New World admixture, whether mestizo, or for Canada, métis, although there are Latinos who consider themselves to be purely Spanish. Good luck with that, pureza de sangre was a long and arduous road when undertaken during those times.

I have a very close friend that looks like BG. I have to ask her nationality as I'm not remembering it off the top of my head. She married a Hispanic biker that's hard of hearing; their daughter could be her twin lol

Have had some sort of virus running thru the house. My 2 1/2 yr old grandson has been sick since Friday. I've been fighting something the last few days so my brain isn't working right lol

My friend is Irish. I'll have to ask if she's full Irish. Her brother is a ginger.

Bookmarking - I stupidly erased all my subscribed threads

Does anyone know if she had been manually strangled or strangled with an object? Also, did the blows or the strangulation come first?

Also: I was discussing this case with a friend of mine (who will be joining Websleuths soon) and he proposed an interesting theory:
Buckskin Girl's SO might be argumentative and hot-tempered and, for whatever reason, a fight breaks out while they are driving at night (post-mortem interval of 36 hours would put her time of death at nighttime). He verbally threatens her; BG gets frustrated and begins to grow afraid of him. She decides it would be safest to duck out of the car. She runs, but ends up kicking her shoes off, either by accident or out of necessity to run faster.
He could have had a toolbox with him and grabbed something in it before running to meet with her. On Facebook, Carl discussed a few possible weapons used when I asked (sorry to drag that onto Facebook, did not know who to ask); a tire iron, the claw end of a hammer, an object with 3 prongs. Something like a trident, maybe . He could have grabbed one of those, originally with the intent to use it to threaten but not kill her, and ran to follow her.
A fight ensues, he strikes her with the weapon multiple times and she starts to get unresponsive. He fears that if she survives, she will inform others of the abuse she suffered, and "finishes off the job" by strangling her.

(Sorry in advance if this is jumbled, it's been a long day, LOL).

Where does it say three pronged tool? I searched the thread but nothing is coming up. The first thing I thought of when I read three prongs was one of those hand held cultivators people use in flower beds.

Do we know if she was struck from behind?

Where does it say three pronged tool? I searched the thread but nothing is coming up. The first thing I thought of when I read three prongs was one of those hand held cultivators people use in flower beds.

Oh, that was from a Facebook discussion about the possible weapon--it was just a theory, so sorry I wasn't clearer.

I could see a hand held cultivator being used maybe

This is meant in no way to critique any post, but as an ethno-historian I always have a problem with 'racial' identification. As far as I understand it, IMO, educated, *advertiser censored* sapiens sapiens is NOT a ring species so I do not, have never was taught, to ever identify populations as 'race,' a specious concept for my professors. Others may differ. There are, and have been, ethnic differences, superficial typology difference. adaptations to climate, etc.

Hispanic has always meant, to me, my professors, and what I have gleaned from available literature, pre-DNA to be, at times, an admixture of Spanish, First Nation, & perhaps African ethnicity. It was never considered a race but there are boxes that must be checked. On that reasoning, Hispanic was considered New World admixture, whether mestizo, or for Canada, métis, although there are Latinos who consider themselves to be purely Spanish. Good luck with that, pureza de sangre was a long and arduous road when undertaken during those times.

As a Native American and one of the First Nations, Thank you. Clicking thank you was not enough.

There is a style of fishing known as gigging, involves a spear with a three-pronged head.

Bordering on off-topic, if unknown SO participated in javelin this type of fishing spear might have been deadly accurate in his hand.

He could have had a toolbox with him and grabbed something in it before running to meet with her. On Facebook, Carl discussed a few possible weapons used when I asked (sorry to drag that onto Facebook, did not know who to ask); a tire iron, the claw end of a hammer, an object with 3 prongs. Something like a trident, maybe . He could have grabbed one of those, originally with the intent to use it to threaten but not kill her, and ran to follow her.

What are those gardening tools called, not trowels I think something else. Also, are there any horse grooming/shoeing/bridling tools that could resemble this?

I bring this up as things that may have been found around that Idle-Hour Ranch nearby she was found. Especially since many seem to think she could have been traveling help or whatever.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if she had been manually strangled or strangled with an object? Also, did the blows or the strangulation come first?

Also: I was discussing this case with a friend of mine (who will be joining Websleuths soon) and he proposed an interesting theory:
Buckskin Girl's SO might be argumentative and hot-tempered and, for whatever reason, a fight breaks out while they are driving at night (post-mortem interval of 36 hours would put her time of death at nighttime). He verbally threatens her; BG gets frustrated and begins to grow afraid of him. She decides it would be safest to duck out of the car. She runs, but ends up kicking her shoes off, either by accident or out of necessity to run faster.
A fight ensues, he strikes her with the weapon multiple times and she starts to get unresponsive. He fears that if she survives, she will inform others of the abuse she suffered, and "finishes off the job" by strangling her.

(Sorry in advance if this is jumbled, it's been a long day, LOL).

This is going to be a quick reply. Have to run out for a few hours.
I just grabbed your question list, should add questions about how they feel she was strangled as well as if a weapon was used. From the article below, they wonder if she was American Indian; can ask if there is note of shovel teeth. Once the questions are together, can see if dogmaticsusie can give to LE

Buckskin jacket key to solving cold case
Over three decades ago, on April 24, 1981, her body was located in a ditch on Greenlee Road, between Fenner and Horshoe Bend Roads, in rural Miami County, Ohio. These long country roads are near State Route 55 in Miami County. She was fully clothed, but bare-footed and police estimated she was killed, murdered, the day before. She had been beaten severely about the face and head and strangled to death.The area in which this young woman was located is considered Newton Township.

...It has been speculated by many that this unidentified woman was perhaps of Indian heritage, after all she had the buckskin, Indian-style poncho and her hair fashioned into braids tied with blue rubber bands on both sides of her head. She also had the appearance of possibly having some American Indian heritage in her family background.....

I have some questions. I don't think anyone here will be able to answer them, but I'll just leave them here in case somebody knows the answers. I also think that if the answers to some of these are known, they may not be released to the public. It's just a list of questions in my head.

1. Was a toxicology report ever completed? If so, were the results made public, and what were they?
2. Was it determined if she had been a smoker?
3. Were there any markings on her finger to indicate the presence of a wedding and/or engagement ring?
4. Will isotope analysis be completed?
5. What condition were her feet in (i.e. calloused and dirty, smooth, etc.)?
6. Were her legs and underarms shaven?
7. Had she ever carried a child?
8. Had she ever given birth?
9. Was her blood type determined?
10. Were traces of animal and/or human hair found on her clothing?
11. Was DNA, possibly of the perpetrator, found on her remains or her clothing?
12. Were her hands calloused or smooth?
13. What were her stomach contents?
14. Had she been beaten with an object? If so, was the shape of the object determined?
15. Was she manually strangled, or strangled with an object?
16. What was the condition of her fingernails? Were they manicured, unpolished, dirty?

I remember with Tammy Jo Alexander, they did testing to determine that she had a lot of corn in her diet. What is that testing called? That would be #17, to ask if they did that.

I can ask Lt Lord about more photos and the possibility of pollen. I'll keep you updated.

My friend is Irish. I'll have to ask if she's full Irish. Her brother is a ginger.

This is so not my thread, but I just wanted to add that although the Irish are thought of as being the highest population of redheads, it's actually the Scottish who have the largest percentage of redheads. I have read this, as well as noticed it in my family (I'm 1/4 Scottish) and in my ex's family (his mother's family came here from Glasgow).

Red hair is the result of two recessive genes, and it can skip generations. I'm predominately Scot/Irish, and I'm the only redhead in a family of brunettes.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Another ethnic group with lots of redheads is Norway/Sweden. The Vikings spread the genes all around Europe, through the Mediterranean, up the rivers clear up to Russia, and possibly even to the US, if the sagas and archaeology are correct. That's why you sometimes find red-headed Sicilians, Greeks, Georgians, even Turks.

Red hair is the result of two recessive genes, and it can skip generations. I'm predominately Scot/Irish, and I'm the only redhead in a family of brunettes.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

She told me she's mostly Scottish, then Irish with a little mix of others lol

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Lost my first post so I'll try again here. Sorry about the orientation of the pics. Trying to figure out a bunch of new tech at once. The third pic is her approximate dump site. First pic I simply turned to my left and snapped the image. Second pic is the eastern most tree line of Brukner.

My friend that does the EVP work had a good meeting with Detective Huffman who brought another detective with him. Neither had heard of EVPs. She reported to me they were very impressed with what they heard but couldn't go to the gravesite with her for a session. They did tell her they would follow up on anything she brought them however. I gave her a list of questions I had seen posed here. An isotope test is being considered. New pollen testing is scheduled to be done. Details of the autopsy such as tox screen, and specific injuries or conditions have not and will not be released because it is an open murder investigation. In talking to my friend since the meeting she has asked for a first name (still Bev or something that sounds like that), a last name (nothing consistent), where she is from (Georgia, twice), and that she did not know the man that killed her. I also heard a session where "Bev" said to "visit more." I'm a softie, so I thought I would take flowers out there from all of us. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 248
I gave her a list of questions I had seen posed here. An isotope test is being considered. New pollen testing is scheduled to be done. Details of the autopsy such as tox screen, and specific injuries or conditions have not and will not be released because it is an open murder investigation.

Does that make pollen testing has already been done? Either way, I am super excited to hear about the outcome of the pollen testing.
I am desperate for isotope analysis, so I am really hoping it is indeed done.
I see why they won't release tox report though I still am curious about the results. Did you ask about her blood type?

It's great you took flowers and that LE is open minded to the EVP sessions.

I first heard of EVP on a late night talk show I listened to when I was a truck driver. That stuff would scare me to pieces. I drove nights and when the radio played sessions from EVP is made things really spooky.

Just trying to think outside of the box here. Sometimes answers do nit match up. Loke a delay or a different question being answered. Have you considered looking into MP'S named Georgia?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I was going to bring up pollen analysis, too, because of the recent developments in the Woodlawn Jane Doe case. Good to know it's going to be done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo