Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm picturing wholesome farm girl, someone who loved/rode horses and maybe grew up on a farm riding a tractor, more like a western movie than Easy Rider lifestyle. I'm used to seeing bikers in black leather, even at rallies and meets, not buckskin, but that could be because I grew up on the East Coast.

Me too; I'm no expert on bikers but I don't really get a biker vibe either. It was discussed quite a while back if motorcycles could have been involved with the circumstances of her death (I doubt it even if she had been a biker chick).

I got a farm girl impression based on the amount of scars and that she was in very good physical condition. I'm thinking she dressed this way because she liked it (FWIW, my father born 1964, raised in the Central Valley, said lots of kids dressed like that then and he wouldn't have looked twice at her clothes) and may have bought the jacket pattern. The purple silk could actually be an important clue

I'm intrigued about the blue rubber bands she used to hold her braids. We don't see them in the pm photos. I wonder if they were the thick ones that you would find on lobster claws or to package produce.

I would like to know more about that purple lining also, like what fabric was it? silk, taffeta, moire, satin, drapery lining? I think there's a good chance that BG, or someone she knew, recycled an old, not needed to wear ever again prom or bridesmaids dress by reusing the fabric from that type of dress as a lining for the jacket.

Patricia Taylor, age 15/16, missing from OK since 1980-81, liked to sew. She is probably a little too young to be BG, though.

https://www.facebook.com/patricialynntaylornov231965/
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/31371/29/

With the lining, that garment would be quite heavy and warm. That plus the loose/large cut and the sweater she was wearing under it make me think it's an outer garment.

To me, it looks like the kind of thing that might have been done for a 4-H sewing project.

With the lining, that garment would be quite heavy and warm. That plus the loose/large cut and the sweater she was wearing under it make me think it's an outer garment.

Yeah, definitely more of a fall/early spring coat, I would think. Seems heavy for late April daytime, even in Ohio--she was probably killed at night.

Does anyone know what time her body was discovered? If it was fairly early on 4/24, with a post-mortem interval of 36 hours, she'd probably have been killed in the night or early morning on 4/22 or 4/23.

To me, it looks like the kind of thing that might have been done for a 4-H sewing project.

I like that idea; or maybe could she have been a camp counsellor? Was that a common camp craft activity? Am not familiar with camp-type things; was always an introverted indoor child LOL.

I would say that it's probably too complicated for a camp craft project, unless it was an advanced camp of some sort.

Maybe it had been raining- the fringe helps direct the water off the coat- the fringe looks quite curled up, as if it had been exposed to lots of rain, imo.

It looks well worn. Is there a way to tell how old it is? Can they test it for other people's DNA, like from perspiration?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get isotope testing results? I recall seeing a news article back in 2012 or 2013 when LE announced they were doing isotope testing on the 4 Allenstown NH victims, and they revealed the results in late 2015. I'm not sure if its because it took that long or if they chose to wait that long to advise the public.

Could an age regression be made? I don't think she was on the road or a transient but I do think she was in her mid twenties. Perhaps a regression to make her appear 7-10 years younger could spark the memory of a middle or high school friend?

New addition to NamUs:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33109/1

I doubt it's her--she would have been 31/32 at the time of Buckskin Girl's death, and disappeared in 1974. But something about her reminds me of Buckskin Girl. Her hair looks similar, I think her face shape does as well.

Lynne was mentally ill and had attempted suicide; perhaps Buckskin Girl's scars were the result of self mutilation.

She is presumed to have ran away from Clackamas County OR after her children were found dead, and is suspected of murdering her kids. I doubt it's her but thought I would put it up anyway.

New addition to NamUs:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33109/1

I doubt it's her--she would have been 31/32 at the time of Buckskin Girl's death, and disappeared in 1974. But something about her reminds me of Buckskin Girl. Her hair looks similar, I think her face shape does as well.

Lynne was mentally ill and had attempted suicide; perhaps Buckskin Girl's scars were the result of self mutilation.

She is presumed to have ran away from Clackamas County OR after her children were found dead, and is suspected of murdering her kids. I doubt it's her but thought I would put it up anyway.

Huh. Interesting.

I wish they had a three quarter or profile view of Lynne; BG's profile is much more distinctive than her look square on.

More info about Lynne Brown here:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t43566.htm

Looks like she has a history of arrests. Apparently, her NamUs picture is a cropped version of a 1974 mug shot. Her height is listed as 5'2 (which is 2'' below the lower end of Buckskin Girl's height range). I really doubt this is her, even more so after reading this, but I won't feel totally comfortable until I see a side-view of her nose and/or earlobes--I'm no expert but I know Buckskin Girl's ears and nose are very distinctive and recognizable.

OT, but I think Lynne Brown is a good suggestion for Lady of the Dunes. Am going to hop over to LOTD's thread (if she has one).

I noticed this addition to NamUs, too. I wonder if she's been on a wanted list/poster all this time for allegedly murdering her children?
I would have pegged her for Snohomish Jane Doe from 1977 but she's too short. Didn't the assailant say he thought she was older than she said she was?

I noticed this addition to NamUs, too. I wonder if she's been on a wanted list/poster all this time for allegedly murdering her children?
I would have pegged her for Snohomish Jane Doe from 1977 but she's too short. Didn't the assailant say he thought she was older than she said she was?

IIRC, Roth said he thought she was in her 30s, because she had lines around her eyes.

I noticed that, of the very few online articles about BG I found, most of them implied that she was Native American. They say that because of the jacket and braids. I really don't think either of those things necessarily speak much to her cultural background although I do think the jacket may be recognized by someone.

I have a faux-suede jacket with fringe (no beading, nothing of that sort--very simple), which I purchased at a popular clothing store for young women. I was wearing it a couple weeks ago to school. I was approached by a teacher, who said something to the effect of "Did you get that on a reservation? You Indians are so unique!" in a genuine voice. I was confused--I am mostly white, 1/4 Asian, and have very pale, almost ghostly, skin, and not a drop of NA blood. I told her no, I am not NA, and she looked confused.

Anyway, point in case is, people's clothing/hairstyles may just be something they like. I know that's been discussed but I was really surprised at how much the article was trying to force the "Native American prostitute" angle.

For me, this eliminates BG as possibly being from Europe, as European women tended not to shave legs and underarms.

I suspect that varied from country to country. Shaving armpits and legs was fairly standard in the UK at that time, but may not have been in France or Italy.

Another ethnic group with lots of redheads is Norway/Sweden. The Vikings spread the genes all around Europe, through the Mediterranean, up the rivers clear up to Russia, and possibly even to the US, if the sagas and archaeology are correct. That's why you sometimes find red-headed Sicilians, Greeks, Georgians, even Turks.

There's quite a pocket of distinctive, dark red hair in and around the Venice area in Italy.

Is privacy the reason LE never releases the mtDNA of the victim (which haplogroup?) I'm Helena3, which would let anyone know to look for a woman with Northern Spanish female ancestry. It would certainly help in aiding ethnicity issues.

After a bit of sleuthing, I was able to find out what the weather conditions were in April 1981 when Buckskin Girl was found.

The area where BG’s body was found is approximately 9 miles from the Dayton, Ohio National Weather Service station at Cox International Airport. This is the nearest NWS station for the Troy and Piqua areas.

Here is the weather info for the following dates:

Dayton NWS Cox International Airport Dayton, Ohio

Wednesday April 22, 1981

High: 62 Degrees
Low: 43 Degrees

Sunrise: 5:49 AM EST
Sunset: 7:22 PM EST

Visibility: 6 miles
Weather Events For That Day: Fog, Rain, Thunderstorm

Thursday April 23, 1981

High: 63 Degrees
Low: 50 Degrees

Sunrise: 5:47 AM EST
Sunset: 7:23 PM EST

Visibility: 7 miles
Weather Events For That Day: Fog, Rain, Thunderstorm

Friday April 24, 1981

High: 48 Degrees
Low: 39 Degrees

Sunrise: 5:46 AM EST
Sunset: 7:24 PM EST

Visibility: 11 miles
Weather Events For That Day: Rain

Here are the links to the hourly weather observations from the Dayton NWS at Cox International Airport for April 22 thru April 24, 1981.

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

https://www.wunderground.com/histor...statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste