Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not good a deciphering but the markings on the collar look like a letter and then some numbers.

You can also see it in this pic from Doe Network. Hard to make out what it says, even with enlarging. It seems odd that LE would label it by writing on it, but even odder that this detail is nowhere in descriptions of BG or her jacket.

View attachment 91269

ETA: Actually, I looked at it even larger on NamUs, and it looks like it says "MC 282--". I imagine the "MC" is for Miami County.

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/4021

This picture is much clearer, thanks. Clearly numbers there, though I'm not so sure about the M.

You can also see it in this pic from Doe Network. Hard to make out what it says, even with enlarging. It seems odd that LE would label it by writing on it, but even odder that this detail is nowhere in descriptions of BG or her jacket.

attachment.php

ETA: Actually, I looked at it even larger on NamUs, and it looks like it says "MC 282--". I imagine the "MC" is for Miami County.

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/4021

I think it's definitely LE cataloging information. It's also on the jeans.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• BuckskinJaneJacket.png
    BuckskinJaneJacket.png
    291 KB · Views: 202
  • BuckskinJaneJeans.png
    BuckskinJaneJeans.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 201
I stumbled across a really old thread from another site that I think has a picture of the back of the buckskin jacket... The fringe is splayed differently than the only picture I've seen of the jacket, I think there are blood stains, and the lining can be seen exposed along the side splits. Unfortunately the image is really small and blurry. Does anyone know where we might find a high-res copy of this photo?

attachment.php

Has anyone come across a higher resolution version of the image of the back of the jacket? It used to be one of the images on the Doe Network profile in 2006 but is no longer included. The blood stain patterns look odd but the picture is too small to make much of them.

This picture is much clearer, thanks. Clearly numbers there, though I'm not so sure about the M.

I enlarged the picture, too. It does look like numbers. But when I look at the collar, it appears stained or was saturated on the upper/outside with something. Not sure if it is blood or another fluid...but, these marks could also be a pattern from whatever saturated the collar on the outside wicking through the suede....

This photo is the first one I have seen of this up close. I didn't know it had a collar on it...My first thoughts are seeing it in better detail are pioneers, davey crocket, re-enactment attire. Definitely no longer seeing the native american angle as much. Especially with the collar and metal rivets. Wondering if there are Pioneer Days or something like that in the areas at that time...Thinking out loud here.

Dotr, that's why I posted some concert events that happened in OH at about the time BG was found, since LE stated originally they didn't think she was from the area. I figured attending a concert was as good of a reason to be there as any. True, they could have just been passing through, but I thought it was interesting.

I enlarged the picture, too. It does look like numbers. But when I look at the collar, it appears stained or was saturated on the upper/outside with something. Not sure if it is blood or another fluid...but, these marks could also be a pattern from whatever saturated the collar on the outside wicking through the suede....

This photo is the first one I have seen of this up close. I didn't know it had a collar on it...My first thoughts are seeing it in better detail are pioneers, davey crocket, re-enactment attire. Definitely no longer seeing the native american angle as much. Especially with the collar and metal rivets. Wondering if there are Pioneer Days or something like that in the areas at that time...Thinking out loud here.

Sweat stains, I think.

The collar was soaked in blood. You can tell even more from the back view. The blood patterns on the jacket are weird given the injuries we've been told she had.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 133UFOHJacket.jpg
    133UFOHJacket.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 371

I attended Pioneer days in the area in the late 70s but not in the 80s. The thing is, most of the females that 'dressed' for the re-enactments wore long dresses, aprons, bonnets etc. not jeans and buckskin. I grew up near there and am probably within a year or two of the same age as BG. Her outfit was very common at that time. I had friends with similar jackets and jeans.

Up until just a few years ago Piqua, the next town north, had something called the Heritage Festival. It was full of period dress and craftspeople utilizing tools from the pioneer era. The timing is wrong though. That was always a late summer festival, not early spring.

Up until just a few years ago Piqua, the next town north, had something called the Heritage Festival. It was full of period dress and craftspeople utilizing tools from the pioneer era. The timing is wrong though. That was always a late summer festival, not early spring.

Unless perhaps, someone was applying for that summer job in the springtime?

The collar was soaked in blood. You can tell even more from the back view. The blood patterns on the jacket are weird given the injuries we've been told she had.

attachment.php

I agree there's blood on the back, quite a bit of it. But the stains on the collar look like the salt-rimmed stains leather gets from sweat.

I'm still seeing "biker", hand made items at hill climbs, swap meets, etc. We've seen similar ones posted that say Mexico, hers looks hand made to me.

Hoping LE can get the pollen and isotopes so we can get her identified.

I'm picturing wholesome farm girl, someone who loved/rode horses and maybe grew up on a farm riding a tractor, more like a western movie than Easy Rider lifestyle. I'm used to seeing bikers in black leather, even at rallies and meets, not buckskin, but that could be because I grew up on the East Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megsleuths97