Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you checked names for the rule outs on the UID to see if Patricia has been ruled out? I don't think it's her just because Patricia had braces and the uid has a diastema.

Patricia's not on AGJD rule out list

Patricia's DNA sample from her family members was just recently put in CODIS.

I was thinking aloud (and typing!) when I thought of connection but it seems seems there is a thread for Patricia Taylor and they don't believe it could be a match because timeline does not align...but you just never know! I think waiting to see the official ruleout will make me a believer! I had no idea there was a thread (and also talk of a link between the two) already...the idea was already out there!!

I was thinking aloud (and typing!) when I thought of connection but it seems seems there is a thread for Patricia Taylor and they don't believe it could be a match because timeline does not align...but you just never know! I think waiting to see the official ruleout will make me a believer! I had no idea there was a thread (and also talk of a link between the two) already...the idea was already out there!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...unty-1-January-1980&highlight=Patricia+Taylor
OK - Patricia Taylor, 14-15 Years Old, Tulsa County, 1 January 1980

Now that I see the real picture, it looks store made to me.

I am still holding out on the trellis pattern sown over a store bought turtle neck possibility. The joining of the trellis pattern to the sleeve area is not even when comparing both sleeves. In addition, the trellis pattern merging with the body (on both sides) does not appear to be even either. Also look at the pattern itself, it is not even on the sides as the trellis pattern squares are broken off by the turtle neck sweater in different sizes. Then factor in that the idea of a modified sweater would match the handmade jacket.

My guess is that either the garmet was designed to have a rustic look, or the trellis pattern was handmade, then sewn onto a store bought sweater. I think this was done by:

- first cutting out a number "beams" and smaller squares to be used where the beams joined.
- Then sewing these on to a large piece of cloth cut to match the body, neck and shoulders of the sweater in a trellis pattern.
- The cloth, now bearing the trellis pattern, is then sewn to the sweater.

Can you tell if the trellis fabric is woven or knit?

Sadly, I barely know the difference between the two. Would knit be more indicative of hand made?

Not necessarily, but if it's knit, which stretches, it wouldn't need to have all that extra fitting over the bust.

I am still holding out on the trellis pattern sown over a store bought turtle neck possibility. The joining of the trellis pattern to the sleeve area is not even when comparing both sleeves. In addition, the trellis pattern merging with the body (on both sides) does not appear to be even either. Also look at the pattern itself, it is not even on the sides as the trellis pattern squares are broken off by the turtle neck sweater in different sizes. Then factor in that the idea of a modified sweater would match the handmade jacket.

My guess is that either the garmet was designed to have a rustic look, or the trellis pattern was handmade, then sewn onto a store bought sweater. I think this was done by:

- first cutting out a number "beams" and smaller squares to be used where the beams joined.
- Then sewing these on to a large piece of cloth cut to match the body, neck and shoulders of the sweater in a trellis pattern.
- The cloth, now bearing the trellis pattern, is then sewn to the sweater.

Store made IMO. The trellis pattern was put on fairly well as there is a box in the top middle. It drives me nuts when manufacturers don't put the design on right, similar with plaid shirts with the plaid pattern not lining up on the seams. What you see with the arms/shoulder area is just trying to sew the patterned piece to the arms. The sides and bottom were done rushed or by a different person who didn't line it up as well.

http://wdtn.com/2016/05/10/search-for-jane-does-past-expands-into-canada/

This article is actually from a bit over two weeks ago, but I didn't see it until now. Apparently, they think she may have been from Canada as well.

It also gives an estimated time for the isotope analysis--"up to six weeks". I don't know if the "up to six weeks" is in reference to 6 weeks after publication of article or 6 weeks after the pollen testing was released, but I sure hope it's the former. Buckskin Girl needs her real name.

The world owes her at least that.

I think it means six weeks from the time the reporter talked to the sheriff's office.

But it could mean almost anything :)

"The sheriff’s office says it is testing DNA from her hair and nails and those results could take up to six weeks to get."
Wait, I thought it was isotope analysis that they were doing? Was that just an error on the article's part, or did I miss something/

"The sheriff’s office says it is testing DNA from her hair and nails and those results could take up to six weeks to get."
Wait, I thought it was isotope analysis that they were doing? Was that just an error on the article's part, or did I miss something/

It's WDTN. Probably an error on their part.

It sounds like we may have a break through on this case soon. Here's hoping!

It depends on the type of testing being done. LE may have only sent hair and nails, not bone or teeth

I'm hoping they test her bones and teeth, too. I think it would give us a longer range history.

I'm hoping they test her bones and teeth, too. I think it would give us a longer range history.

I agree. I'm not sure what the difference is between bone and teeth; I don't know if the bones would give a better idea of where she spent most of her life.
the hair would be good because it would give an accurate reading of the most recent area within the last few years depending on how long her hair was.

I agree. I'm not sure what the difference is between bone and teeth; I don't know if the bones would give a better idea of where she spent most of her life.
the hair would be good because it would give an accurate reading of the most recent area within the last few years depending on how long her hair was.
That's what I thought about the hair, too, that the time range that it would reveal depends on its length and how fast it grows.
Here's what I found about bone isotopes: "Bone is a living tissue, and remodels over time, it is replaced as we growth and get older. However, this process is relatively slow and dense cortical bone reflects approximately the last 10-15 years of an individual's life."
Here's teeth: "Teeth also consist of organic and inorganic materials, but unlike bone, once formed, dental enamel does not remodel. Consequently, teeth are very useful for determining the environment and conditions of an individual's early life. (i.e., when their teeth formed). In addition, comparisons of teeth and bone tissues in a single individual whether a person moved geographic locations since childhood: their teeth will show where they lived where they were young and their bones will show where they lived in the years before their death."
And lastly, hair and nails: "Hair and fingernails may also be useful for isotopic analyses. Although they are more fragile than bone, they grow at predictable rates, and reflect an individual's very recent past."
I got this information from this site: http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/isotopes/
Very interesting stuff!

It depends on the type of testing being done. LE may have only sent hair and nails, not bone or teeth

Yeah, they're doing the hair and nails in lieu of bone and teeth, but I was under the impression that it was isotopes and not DNA they were testing for, since her DNA is in CODIS. So this made me wonder if they were searching for DNA of her killer. But I think it was just an error on the article's part and they are doing isotopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaake