Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, the lacerated liver info is quite a surprise. Poor BG! It kind of made me think of a forced miscarriage. I know she wasn't pregnant and I doubt it was that. But I wonder if she thought she was pregnant/claimed to be pregnant, and was killed by an abusive SO. I wonder if her SO thought she was pregnant with the baby of the guy she supposedly cheated with, he tried to force a miscarriage, she passes out, he impulsively strangled her to finish the job. I doubt it, just an idea.

I really personally doubt she was under 20; but I do think that in the NCMEC recon she looks 15-16. I'm glad to have confirmation about her pockets being empty; I had always assumed they were, but had no proof. The clean feet could mean many things. I know it was brought up earlier that her killer could've kept her shoes as a trophy. Some people brought up that she could've been killed by a violent foot fetishist; there was a murder of a girl not far away who was killed for her shoes by a foot fetishist. Wonder if she had been strangled with her shoelaces, and her killer tossed her shoes out.

I'm wondering if he kept her footwear because it had his blood on it, or some other evidence that might point to his identity.
Or, maybe they belonged to him, like a pair of hiking/riding boots. My ex and I used to take the same shoe size and I used to borrow his Red Wings every so often.

I'm wondering if he kept her footwear because it had his blood on it, or some other evidence that might point to his identity.
Or, maybe they belonged to him, like a pair of hiking/riding boots. My ex and I used to take the same shoe size and I used to borrow his Red Wings every so often.

They also seem to have taken or kept the underwear, but not the brassiere - it could be because of dna, although there has been no info. stating there was a sex assault-
makes me wonder if perp had a ( sorry) olfactophilia fetish.
Noting that a uid couple found shot, were fully dressed but missing undergarments, fwiw.
speculation, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tery-couple-murdered-in-South-Carolina-1976-1

Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976

They also seem to have taken or kept the underwear, but not the brassiere - it could be because of dna, although there has been no info. stating there was a sex assault-
makes me wonder if perp had a ( sorry) olfactophilia fetish.
Noting that a uid couple found shot, were fully dressed but missing undergarments, fwiw.
speculation, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tery-couple-murdered-in-South-Carolina-1976-1

Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976

My main guess is, she just didn't wear underwear because she didn't want the "panty line" showing and she didn't want to wear a thong. But the olfactophilia idea is interesting. She wasn't sexually assaulted, and I don't think anything was taken because of DNA. IIRC the first crime solved using DNA was in 1988. But maybe if she had been sexually assaulted, he might have disposed of her underwear because he thought there would be semen there

In the late 70s and early 80s, it was quite common for both men and women not to wear underwear (it was simply "the style"-considered "cool"). Apparently this has been lost to history unless you lived back then.

Some people just don't like wearing under wear, even today.

In the late 70s and early 80s, it was quite common for both men and women not to wear underwear (it was simply "the style"-considered "cool"). Apparently this has been lost to history unless you lived back then.

O/tish..
As a teen in the late 70's, can recall wearing super tight jeans in the shower, knickers intact- waiting for them to dry was uncomfortable, but somehow seemed worth it then .
That, and joining in on a bra-burning session - do not recommend that either, it is inefficient and the smoke smells to high heaven, plus, those things are expensive!
Yes, it certainly is possible that the no underwear look was somewhat of a trend then, oddly, some musicians were known to place socks where their underwear should have been!!
imo.

There was one serial killer that took underwear and shoes from his victims, but he was too young when BG was found.

My main guess is, she just didn't wear underwear because she didn't want the "panty line" showing and she didn't want to wear a thong. But the olfactophilia idea is interesting. She wasn't sexually assaulted, and I don't think anything was taken because of DNA. IIRC the first crime solved using DNA was in 1988. But maybe if she had been sexually assaulted, he might have disposed of her underwear because he thought there would be semen there

I don't think we had thongs back then. I was in California in 88, I remember having a bikini that showed a lot of butt, but I don't remember underwear being like that. Smallest we had was string bikini. At some point Jaclyn Smith put clothes in Kmart, she had lacy underwear, that only covered 1/2 your butt. I believe it was the start of bikini underwear getting thinner on the butt. Google says she started in 1985.

Not wearing underwear was common back then

I don't think we had thongs back then. I was in California in 88, I remember having a bikini that showed a lot of butt, but I don't remember underwear being like that. Smallest we had was string bikini. At some point Jaclyn Smith put clothes in Kmart, she had lacy underwear, that only covered 1/2 your butt. I believe it was the start of bikini underwear getting thinner on the butt. Google says she started in 1985.

Not wearing underwear was common back then

I don't remember there being thongs in the 80s, either, but I was a young teen still wearing granny panties at the time. I do recall there being string bikinis and g-strings (for strippers).

I checked the Troy Daily News online and their archive only goes back to 2014. That paper has changed hands countless times and is perpetually on the verge of folding, however.

Do you know if the public library in Troy or Piqua have any old newspapers on microfilm from Troy, Piqua, or Dayton?

You might be able to find old newspaper articles on microfilm from 1981 at the public library.

I find it interesting that BG was seen at a bar. Now if that fact is true, then BG would have to be in her early 20’s if she went into a bar.

I want to point out that certain aspects of the drinking age law in Ohio were different in 1981 than what it is today.

If you were 18, 19, or 20 years old in Ohio back in 1981, you could only drink 3.2% beer which you could only purchase at a carryout store. And you had to be 21 or older in Ohio back in 1981 if you wanted to go into a bar, or to drink 6% beer, wine, or any kind of hard liquor.

I don’t believe you were allowed into a bar in Ohio if you were under 21 back then.

Under the current drinking age law in Ohio today, you now have to be 21 years of age or older to drink any kind of beer, wine, hard liquor, or to go into a bar.

The 3.2% beer no longer exists in Ohio as it is a memory of a bygone era of those who were 18, 19, or 20 years old back then. :biggrin:

After reading the new newspaper article about BG, here is a thought that I have regarding the speculation of BG’s age.

Was there any kind of makeup on BG’s face when her body was found?

I’m thinking of the kind of makeup where it possibly could make BG appear a bit older.

I find it interesting that BG was seen at a bar. Now if that fact is true, then BG would have to be in her early 20’s if she went into a bar.

I want to point out that certain aspects of the drinking age law in Ohio were different in 1981 than what it is today.

If you were 18, 19, or 20 years old in Ohio back in 1981, you could only drink 3.2% beer which you could only purchase at a carryout store. And you had to be 21 or older in Ohio back in 1981 if you wanted to go into a bar, or to drink 6% beer, wine, or any kind of hard liquor.

I don’t believe you were allowed into a bar in Ohio if you were under 21 back then.

Under the current drinking age law in Ohio today, you now have to be 21 years of age or older to drink any kind of beer, wine, hard liquor, or to go into a bar.

The 3.2% beer no longer exists in Ohio as it is a memory of a bygone era of those who were 18, 19, or 20 years old back then. :biggrin:

After reading the new newspaper article about BG, here is a thought that I have regarding the speculation of BG’s age.

Was there any kind of makeup on BG’s face when her body was found?

I’m thinking of the kind of makeup where it possibly could make BG appear a bit older.

I must have missed something. @Nerosleuth, is there a new article that says he was seen at a bar?

I must have missed something. @Nerosleuth, is there a new article that says he was seen at a bar?

New article says tips were sent in shotly after the articles about her were published in newspapers. They said that she may have been at a bar. But it didn't lead anywhere. If it was true she might have been using a fake ID and got kicked out because of that

As far as I can tell, she wasn't wearing eyeshadow. You can see her freckled complexion, so probably no foundation, concealer, or powder. It's not in color so I can't tell if she's wearing lipstick/blush. I think she might have been wearing a bit of eyeliner and mascara. Her eyelashes looked long, but maybe she was one of the lucky few with long pretty eyelashes. It looks like she might have some thinly applied eyeliner, probably not from pencil. Did they have liquid eyeliner in 1981?

I wonder what kind of bar it was? Country and Western, a rock club, biker bar? I wonder why it was never mentioned before.

I also wonder where along the way this bar might have been.

Has anyone ever considered that her complexion wasn't ruddy from being outdoors? Could she possibly have had rosacea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member