Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roselvr, I get the motorcycle vibe, too. IDK, I don't know what it was like in other parts of the country, and of course, I realize times change, but in the late 80's all things leather, suede, fringe was cool. At least down here in south Louisiana. I was only like 8 when she died, though. I really think her jacket could have been made in a small shop that specializes in leather and suede, like The Leather Pouch, that we have here, that has been in business selling those items at the time. Leather Pouch is in a college town and caters to a large assortment of people. So, maybe the biker/college/horse angle is close? I'm not saying that she bought her jacket here, of course. Just saying that maybe it's from a small specialty shop in a college town. I have moccasin boots that I bought from Leather Pouch in the late 80's with no tag stating size or name of maker. No one would ever know where I got them unless I told them.

I just saw that they posted a map of the new isotope testing. Considering the new location information - long stays in TX with short excursions to the Northeast, I'm starting to warm towards the theory that she was a migrant worker. Home base is in Texas but migrates to Ohio for the cucumber, tomato, beet harvest in the spring and early summer before returning to Texas for later crops. May also explain why she had pollen from a more arid climate. She had gone to AZ/NM based on rumors of available crops but returned to TX when it was found to not be the case. Not even sure where one would start researching such a theory.

Roselvr, I get the motorcycle vibe, too. IDK, I don't know what it was like in other parts of the country, and of course, I realize times change, but in the late 80's all things leather, suede, fringe was cool. At least down here in south Louisiana. I was only like 8 when she died, though. I really think her jacket could have been made in a small shop that specializes in leather and suede, like The Leather Pouch, that we have here, that has been in business selling those items at the time. Leather Pouch is in a college town and caters to a large assortment of people. So, maybe the biker/college/horse angle is close? I'm not saying that she bought her jacket here, of course. Just saying that maybe it's from a small specialty shop in a college town. I have moccasin boots that I bought from Leather Pouch in the late 80's with no tag stating size or name of maker. No one would ever know where I got them unless I told them.

Not feeling the motorcycle thing. That was my theory early on though. But she was dumped here, not killed here, as I understand it. That means that the person who did that would have had to have transported her to that spot via motorcycle when she was deceased. I think that is highly unlikely. Doesn't mean she might not have hitchhiked, possibly with some motorcyclers at some point. Maybe that's even how she got to Troy. But I don't think motorcycles have anything to do with the person who killed her.

Also not thinking Kentucky Derby. I've looked around a lot at graded stakes races in 1981 (even though I guess it wouldn't have to be a graded stake, those just tend to draw more people/bigger purses, etc.), and which tracks were operating then. I don't think being someone who worked with horses is out of the realm of possibilities at all. And it might make total sense that sometimes they are home and training and sometimes they are out and traveling to races or auctions or whatever.

But if they were coming from Texas area and going to the derby they would have already passed Louisville well before they ended up in Troy.

Finally, I do feel like if she worked around horses a lot we might have seen evidence of horsehairs on her jacket, or dust from tracks or barns, or something other than urban soot. But that could be a holdback detail I guess, you never know.

Not feeling the motorcycle thing. That was my theory early on though. But she was dumped here, not killed here, as I understand it. That means that the person who did that would have had to have transported her to that spot via motorcycle when she was deceased. I think that is highly unlikely. Doesn't mean she might not have hitchhiked, possibly with some motorcyclers at some point. Maybe that's even how she got to Troy. But I don't think motorcycles have anything to do with the person who killed her.

Of course she wasn't dumped from the back of a motorcycle unless someone had a side car. I think she hung around bikers and grew up around horses.

Would be nice to order the results via FOIA like Lyle Steviks that were just posted. Would be nice to know if any pet hair was on her.

I really should be trying to fix my Mac which went down a few days ago while we had a storm but ended up seeing the suicide case of Lyle Stevik's FOIA isotope results were posted.. I just googled BG, Crime Watch Daily also covered the new info plus an Oklahoma paper and one more in Texas.

BODY FOUND IN OHIO 35 YEARS AGO COULD HAVE CENTRAL TEXAS TIES - 07/14/2016 4:08 pm PDT

Solution to 35-year-old mystery may lie in Texas

Woman found dead in Ohio 35 years ago may have been from or passed through southern Oklahoma before death- From Staff Reports Published: July 14, 2016 Updated: 1 day ago

The reports of her having passed through Texas or Oklahoma make my hunch about her meeting foul play while trafficking narcotics seem more reasonable. Not every player in that world is an urban type. The other reason I think it's possible is the soot & pollen on her garments came from the Northeast....which has several cities with booming drug consumption trends (think Baltimore & Pittsburgh.) I hope I don't come off sounding malicious. I have friends who have beaten addiction to narcotics & cut ties forever to that life.... precisely because they tire of being exposed to the pitfalls of addiction & the drug trade.

U2 Tour:
Boy - 4th Leg (North America & Europe)

Apr 17, 1981 Cincinnati, Ohio at Bogart's
Apr 18, 1981 Detroit, Michigan at Harpo's
Apr 19, 1981 Columbus, Ohio at Agora
Apr 20, 1981 Cleveland, Ohio at Agora
Apr 21, 1981 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at Decade

What caught my attention regarding the U2 concert that was held on Sunday April 18, 1981 in Columbus, Ohio is the location where the concert was held at.

The U2 concert that was held at the Agora on North High Street in Columbus is directly across the street from the Ohio State University campus.

The Agora in Columbus was a small concert venue back then. It is still a small concert venue at the same location today, but it is now known as Newport Music Hall.

Here are two links regarding the history of the Agora and Newport Music Hall in Columbus.

http://thelantern.com/2008/04/history-of-newport-music-hall/

http://www.promowestlive.com/venues/3

I also want to point out that Ohio State University in Columbus has agricultural science and veterinary science departments on their campus. It could be possible that BG may have been involved with agricultural or veterinary sciences.

Here is another thought to consider about BG working with horses. Now could BG have been a Farrier? A Farrier is a person who puts horseshoes on horses.

I found two links regarding schools teaching the Farrier occupation to students.

http://americanfarriers.org/schools/locations/

http://professionalfarriers.com/farrier_schools.php

With the description of her excellent physical shape, I'm sticking to my theory of ranch or farm girl. Her hands would have told us if this were true. Hard work shows up in the hands.

What caught my attention regarding the U2 concert that was held on Sunday April 18, 1981 in Columbus, Ohio is the location where the concert was held at.

The U2 concert that was held at the Agora on North High Street in Columbus is directly across the street from the Ohio State University campus.

The Agora in Columbus was a small concert venue back then. It is still a small concert venue at the same location today, but it is now known as Newport Music Hall.

Here are two links regarding the history of the Agora and Newport Music Hall in Columbus.

http://thelantern.com/2008/04/history-of-newport-music-hall/

http://www.promowestlive.com/venues/3

I also want to point out that Ohio State University in Columbus has agricultural science and veterinary science departments on their campus. It could be possible that BG may have been involved with agricultural or veterinary sciences.

Here is another thought to consider about BG working with horses. Now could BG have been a Farrier? A Farrier is a person who puts horseshoes on horses.

I found two links regarding schools teaching the Farrier occupation to students.

http://americanfarriers.org/schools/locations/

http://professionalfarriers.com/farrier_schools.php

I wouldn't rule out her attending the Pittsburgh venue either. That was on the 21st and she was found on the 24th. If going back to Texas or Oklahoma from there, she would have traveled straight across I70. Then someone could have killed her and headed North on I75 for a short jaunt and disposed of her in Troy and got right back on 70. The next venue on the schedule was Florida and they obviously didn't head south. Pittsburgh sure fits with the industrial area that was detected on her clothing.

The reports of her having passed through Texas or Oklahoma make my hunch about her meeting foul play while trafficking narcotics seem more reasonable. Not every player in that world is an urban type. The other reason I think it's possible is the soot & pollen on her garments came from the Northeast....which has several cities with booming drug consumption trends (think Baltimore & Pittsburgh.) I hope I don't come off sounding malicious. I have friends who have beaten addiction to narcotics & cut ties forever to that life.... precisely because they tire of being exposed to the pitfalls of addiction & the drug trade.

Cocaine was pretty prevalent in NJ/NY area then, so was pot.

JVoCRlF.png

Graphic taken from news clip.

I went into Classmates and indexed all of the 1974-1980 yearbooks from cities within in the blue-shaded portion of Oklahoma. Fortunately, most of the schools had at least a few of the books for those years, and quite a few of them had all years 74-80.

There were 207 books in total for schools in that region, and I went through all 207 of them.

I looked through books from high schools in the following cities.

Alex
Altus
Apache
Ardmore
Bray
Burneyville
Cache
Cement
Chattanooga
Comanche
Davidson
Duke
Duncan
Eldorado
Elgin
Elmer
Fletcher
Fox
Frederick
Healdton
Hollis
Lawton
Lone Grove
Marietta
Marlow
Olustee
Randlett
Ringling
Rush Springs
Ryan
Snyder
Sterling
Temple
Thackerville
Tipton
Velma
Walters
Waurika

I looked pretty carefully, and am pretty sure that BG didn't go to high school in that portion of Oklahoma (unless she was older than about 24 at the time of her death, and was from Class of 73 or prior).

I have one girl who looks pretty close (CH from Lawton OK, Class of 80 in the 78 & 79 books), whom I haven't ruled out yet. But a woman with the same uncommon name and same age went to Amphitheater HS in Tucson Arizona, and is still alive as of recently. The Amphitheater HS 80 book isn't in Classmates, so I can't see if she is the same person. And I I haven't been able to prove yet that the CH in Tucson is the same CH who went to Lawton HS until her junior year. But for right now, I am guessing that she is the same person and therefore, not BG.

Onward to the Texas books. LOL

I went into Classmates and indexed all of the 1974-1980 yearbooks from cities within in the blue-shaded portion of Oklahoma. Fortunately, most of the schools had at least a few of the books for those years, and quite a few of them had all years 74-80.

There were 207 books in total for schools in that region, and I went through all 207 of them.

I looked through books from high schools in the following cities.

Alex
Altus
Apache
Ardmore
Bray
Burneyville
Cache
Cement
Chattanooga
Comanche
Davidson
Duke
Duncan
Eldorado
Elgin
Elmer
Fletcher
Fox
Frederick
Healdton
Hollis
Lawton
Lone Grove
Marietta
Marlow
Olustee
Randlett
Ringling
Rush Springs
Ryan
Snyder
Sterling
Temple
Thackerville
Tipton
Velma
Walters
Waurika

I looked pretty carefully, and am pretty sure that BG didn't go to high school in that portion of Oklahoma (unless she was older than about 24 at the time of her death, and was from Class of 73 or prior).

I have one girl who looks pretty close (CH from Lawton OK, Class of 80 in the 78 & 79 books), whom I haven't ruled out yet. But a woman with the same uncommon name and same age went to Amphitheater HS in Tucson Arizona, and is still alive as of recently. The Amphitheater HS 80 book isn't in Classmates, so I can't see if she is the same person. And I I haven't been able to prove yet that the CH in Tucson is the same CH who went to Lawton HS until her junior year. But for right now, I am guessing that she is the same person and therefore, not BG.

Onward to the Texas books. LOL

OMG, as if the Oklahoma task wasn't daunting enough! Now you're on to Texas?!!!! You are a glutton for punishment Carl! BUT, thank you for all your hard work!

OMG, as if the Oklahoma task wasn't daunting enough! Now you're on to Texas?!!!! You are a glutton for punishment Carl! BUT, thank you for all your hard work!

Most of that area is empty space, so much of it won't be as bad as it seems. It is just Dallas and Tarrant Counties that will take all the time. There are 199 books to look at in Tarrant County alone.

Thinking about her clothing I'm really interested in the Wichita Falls area for some reason... Just a feeling
I wish we knew what kind of shoes she wore
Thank you for all your hard work Carl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Reddit, there's a theory she was a seasonal migrant worker and that accounts for her travel. I don't think I've seen that theory here

On Reddit, there's a theory she was a seasonal migrant worker and that accounts for her travel. I don't think I've seen that theory here

That's possible. Of course all the theories are possible. Do we know anything about the condition of her body pre death such as calloused hands etc? If she was well cared for like manicured nails etc then that's less likely. Jmo

That's possible. Of course all the theories are possible. Do we know anything about the condition of her body pre death such as calloused hands etc? If she was well cared for like manicured nails etc then that's less likely. Jmo

Probably around 30 pages back (just an estimate), I wrote up a list of, I think it was 16 detailed questions. Among the questions was what condition her hands were in. But the list was never emailed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18