Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this mp been suggested already?

attachment.php

http://www.nampn.org/cases/long_mary_jo_lee.html

Mary Jo went missing in December of 1981 but was last seen in California in 1982 -- it couldn't possibly be Buckskin Girl, as she was found deceased in April of 1981.

I kinda have doubts about Stephanie being BG. I think the noses look different. And Stephanie was said to be a heavy drug user, I would think the effects would show on her body. So say, BG appeared to be in excellent health.

I kinda have doubts about Stephanie being BG. I think the noses look different. And Stephanie was said to be a heavy drug user, I would think the effects would show on her body. So say, BG appeared to be in excellent health.

Yes, that is inconsistent. I'm trying to figure out what might have caused that scar under her lip. It's a great clue.

Stephanie has fingerprints out there, not sure if they're in AFIS or not. Both her disappearance and the discovery of BG predate that database, so I don't know if they've ever been compared. It would be an easy match/rule out if they could find Stephanie's. At one point, they'd been looked at to see if they matched prints found in the Reinert vehicle but weren't a match.

Yes, that is inconsistent. I'm trying to figure out what might have caused that scar under her lip. It's a great clue.

Ice skating was popular in the 70's, I have a similar scar from an ice skate blade. I detailed her scars at one point, here it is
Agree.
I have one under my chin that I got from an ice skate blade. The whole 5th grade had gone skating, someone got pushed, I ended up going down too. Ice skating was really popular in the 70's.

I have a lot of scars on my hands/ arms that I can't even remember getting lol
I went to school for cosmetology, I can't count the number of times that I cut myself between my middle finger.
I am not good with anatomy in general; wish we had her autopsy report with a diagram like Shotgun Jane. I did find a diagram, attached below.

My notes (lol)
Anterior is inside hand/ arm
Posterior is outer; finger nail side.
Radial is the thumb side
Lateral is outer arm below elbow
Dorsal is top of foot
Medial is inner foot/ ankle

There is a 7/8" scar beneath chin
a 1/4" x 1/4" scar on lateral aspect of left arm
a 2 1/4" scar along radial aspect of the left wrist and forearm
a 1" scar along anterior aspect of left wrist
a 7/8" scar along posterior aspect of the right hand at the base of the middle finger
a 1 1/8" scar along medial aspect of right ankle
and a 3/4" scar on dorsal aspect right foot.
A 3/4" x 1/4" tan birthmark is on anterior aspect left thigh.
There is a light brown raised nevus (mole) below and slightly to the medial aspect of the right breast, and another brown nevus on left arm.

attachment.php

Probably around 30 pages back (just an estimate), I wrote up a list of, I think it was 16 detailed questions. Among the questions was what condition her hands were in. But the list was never emailed in.

So ticked, I had time to search for all the questions we had, I had 2 quotes left to put into the reply when my browser crashed, it didn't restart with the last pages open. I'm trying to redo the search as I have time and will put it in note pad. Here is what I have for the 16 questions; I copied the whole reply because there are question in that lol

Does anyone know if she had been manually strangled or strangled with an object? Also, did the blows or the strangulation come first?

Also: I was discussing this case with a friend of mine (who will be joining Websleuths soon) and he proposed an interesting theory:
Buckskin Girl's SO might be argumentative and hot-tempered and, for whatever reason, a fight breaks out while they are driving at night (post-mortem interval of 36 hours would put her time of death at nighttime). He verbally threatens her; BG gets frustrated and begins to grow afraid of him. She decides it would be safest to duck out of the car. She runs, but ends up kicking her shoes off, either by accident or out of necessity to run faster.
He could have had a toolbox with him and grabbed something in it before running to meet with her. On Facebook, Carl discussed a few possible weapons used when I asked (sorry to drag that onto Facebook, did not know who to ask); a tire iron, the claw end of a hammer, an object with 3 prongs. Something like a trident, maybe . He could have grabbed one of those, originally with the intent to use it to threaten but not kill her, and ran to follow her.
A fight ensues, he strikes her with the weapon multiple times and she starts to get unresponsive. He fears that if she survives, she will inform others of the abuse she suffered, and "finishes off the job" by strangling her.

(Sorry in advance if this is jumbled, it's been a long day, LOL).

This is going to be a quick reply. Have to run out for a few hours.
I just grabbed your question list, should add questions about how they feel she was strangled as well as if a weapon was used. From the article below, they wonder if she was American Indian; can ask if there is note of shovel teeth. Once the questions are together, can see if dogmaticsusie can give to LE

Buckskin jacket key to solving cold case
Over three decades ago, on April 24, 1981, her body was located in a ditch on Greenlee Road, between Fenner and Horshoe Bend Roads, in rural Miami County, Ohio. These long country roads are near State Route 55 in Miami County. She was fully clothed, but bare-footed and police estimated she was killed, murdered, the day before. She had been beaten severely about the face and head and strangled to death.The area in which this young woman was located is considered Newton Township.

...It has been speculated by many that this unidentified woman was perhaps of Indian heritage, after all she had the buckskin, Indian-style poncho and her hair fashioned into braids tied with blue rubber bands on both sides of her head. She also had the appearance of possibly having some American Indian heritage in her family background.....

I have some questions. I don't think anyone here will be able to answer them, but I'll just leave them here in case somebody knows the answers. I also think that if the answers to some of these are known, they may not be released to the public. It's just a list of questions in my head.

1. Was a toxicology report ever completed? If so, were the results made public, and what were they?
2. Was it determined if she had been a smoker?
3. Were there any markings on her finger to indicate the presence of a wedding and/or engagement ring?
4. Will isotope analysis be completed?
5. What condition were her feet in (i.e. calloused and dirty, smooth, etc.)?
6. Were her legs and underarms shaven?
7. Had she ever carried a child?
8. Had she ever given birth?
9. Was her blood type determined?
10. Were traces of animal and/or human hair found on her clothing?
11. Was DNA, possibly of the perpetrator, found on her remains or her clothing?
12. Were her hands calloused or smooth?
13. What were her stomach contents?
14. Had she been beaten with an object? If so, was the shape of the object determined?
15. Was she manually strangled, or strangled with an object?
16. What was the condition of her fingernails? Were they manicured, unpolished, dirty?

I remember with Tammy Jo Alexander, they did testing to determine that she had a lot of corn in her diet. What is that testing called? That would be #17, to ask if they did that.

I wish we could get more photos of the jacket. Is there a belt sewn into the sides like the one posted above? On the ebay jacket I can see the stitching on the Chevron trim; but can't tell with BG's jacket. I wonder if her jacket has been preserved and if they could get pollen evidence from it.

Have to deal with my grandson
I can ask Lt Lord about more photos and the possibility of pollen. I'll keep you updated.

I keep reading she has a scar under her chin, but nothing about the one on the right side of her mouth, under her lip. Is that one that's being referred to when they say "under her chin"? Cuz, to me, that is on her chin, not under it. Maybe it's just me, but I consider under the chin from the point of the chin and below toward the neck, not from the point of the chin up to the mouth.

I keep reading she has a scar under her chin, but nothing about the one on the right side of her mouth, under her lip. Is that one that's being referred to when they say "under her chin"? Cuz, to me, that is on her chin, not under it. Maybe it's just me, but I consider under the chin from the point of the chin and below toward the neck, not from the point of the chin up to the mouth.

That may not be a scar under her lip. Link to PM photo at NamUs
I also consider under the chin the part of the chin you can't see, going towards the neck.

I still see it but you really have to look. It starts just before the right corner of her mouth. Her right, not right facing us.

That may not be a scar under her lip. Link to PM photo at NamUs
I also consider under the chin the part of the chin you can't see, going towards the neck.

Are these the only two photos they have of her? I have a hard time with facial markings because I'm not sure what's moles, scabs or blood splatters.
I do see the scar under her lip.. At least it looks like a scar.
And from the front view her nose looks broken.. Could distort the side view making it look a bit more pointed.
Strange but to me looking at the PM front view and side view, looks like different people.
IMO I still think this could be Stephanie. The similarities are closer than anyone else I've seen so far.
If it is her, where is the husband? Did he kill her? Did someone kill both of them and he hasn't been found yet? Maybe dumped in different areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another comparison adding the other picture with her eyes closed

<modsnip>

That looks like an excellent match! Good work! Even the lips and the shape of the eyebrows look the same.

That looks like an excellent match! Good work! Even the lips and the shape of the eyebrows look the same.

When I saw the side by side I felt less confident that this was BG. But should still be looked at IMO.

I wasn't convinced by one picture where Stephanie's chin looks square-ish. Then I saw the others where her chin looks more elongated liked BG's and I thought 'it could be.' Then I saw the picture of Stephanie with her eyes closed, 'wincing' almost, and I thought "this really could be BG!"

Wondering if Stephanie was wearing clip-on earrings?

Stephanie's nose looks thicker and more bulbous at the tip.

Did I say that already? I think I might have. Oh well.

I don't think Stephanie is a match for BG. I read in several articles that Stephanie was a heroin user and there was seemingly no indication of that with BG (no tracks marks, good health, good hygiene etc).

Between "Buckskin Girl" and "Lyle Stevik", these two Does have gotten more coverage than almost everyone else put together....and still not identified. :gaah:

Between "Buckskin Girl" and "Lyle Stevik", these two Does have gotten more coverage than almost everyone else put together....and still not identified. :gaah:

Lyle has not had any media coverage, just social media, reddit and here. BG has not had much media coverage until lately.

Lyle has not had any media coverage, just social media, reddit and here. BG has not had much media coverage until lately.

I wonder why Lyle hasn't gotten much attention. It seems to me he is highly recognizable with (what I consider) very distinctive features. He reminds me of Dolph Lundgren except with dark hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18